• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final month to E3 2012: GAF's Predictions

Microsoft:
- Halo 4 is the centerpiece of the show
- Some exclusive something or other related to Bioshock Infinite
- Kinect snooze-a-thon trailer
- Announcement of Spotify or some other services through Xbox360
- MS Tablet connectivity to 360, Windows 8 something or other

Sony:
- Massive Vita price drop
- No serious 3rd party support that will pull Vita out of its tailspin
- Some indie partnerships for Vita games that might be enticing
- Sony Smash Bros is the centerpiece

Nintendo:
- Big Wii U re-reveal
- Fire Emblem announced for US release
- Teaser trailer for Smash Bros. without any significant details beyond vague "connectivity" between 3DS and Wii U
- Focus on the NFC for the Wii U controller, showing Smash Bros figurines placed on it as an example of what it can do
- Pikmin 3 for Wii U
- Retro's first original IP
- Ubisoft announcing a load of shit for the Wii U

Megalols:
- FF7 remake slated for 3DS

Anth0ny

Definitely time for predictions. Leaks will begin shortly.

Microsoft:

-We'll see lots of Halo 4
-Black Ops 2 demo
-Shooting game demos
-A fuckton of Kinect shit. Dragon Ball Z Kinect demo? :D
-Megaton: Xbox 720 tease at the end

Overall, not expecting much from Microsoft this year. Still gonna be a heavy focus on 360 and Kinect.

Sony:

-VITA VITA VITA. They can not fuck this up. They need to sell everyone on Vita for the holidays. I'm expecting COD and Ass Creed demos at least. I also hope we see something new that will blow us away.
-The Last of Us, and lots of it.
-Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be there.
-Megaton: PS4 teased. Like Microsoft, I think Sony is going to try and take away some thunder from Nintendo. We'll see.

Vita is going to make or break Sony this year. They need to hit it out of the park of they're gonna be in big trouble.

Time for the big one...

Nintendo:

What we will see:

-Wii U media blow out. We'll get our first look at the 3D Mario title.
-Pikmin 3 revealed. Will be released at Wii U launch window (not launch).
-New Super Mario Bros Mii will be there for launch, maybe as a pack in game so it doesn't go head to head with NSMB2.
-Wii U Sports (equivalent) will be announced, and if NSMB Mii isn't bundled with the console, this will be.
-Retro's new game revealed. Probably a new IP aimed at the COD audience.
-Zelda 3DS by EAD3 will be revealed. Graphics and gameplay will be similar to OOT 3D.
-No price, no date, no specs. However...
-The console will be slightly more powerful than PS3, while streaming a 480p image to the controller. It will be the Dreamcast to N64 (PS3 and 360).
-We won't be able to transfer our Virtual Console games from the Wii over to Wii U.
-Smash 4 teaser.
-Yoshi game by Good Feel for Wii or 3DS.
-HD Collections/HD Virtual Console games will be announced, starting with Wind Waker/Zelda HD Collection at launch. GC virtual console for Wii U announced.
-The Classic Controller Pro+ will be announced. Available at launch, it will have analog triggers and be required for Gamecube virtual console games. It will also be compatible with Wii U games.

What I'd love to see, but am not holding my breath:

-Retro is working on the next console Zelda title. Last year's tech demo was by them, and the game will be ready next year.
-New F-Zero. Not sure which team will be working on it (Was going to say SEGA, not sure anymore considering their recent problems). Thanks to minimal use of the controller screen, the game will be capable of 60 FPS, 1080p and 30 player online races. As F-Zero was the showcase of SNES' power, F-Zero U will do the same for Wii U
-New name for Wii U, the box will look different, and the controller will have analog sticks and analog triggers.
-GIGATON: Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be shortened to Final Fantasy XV, and will also be available for Wii U. Final Fantasy XIV 2.0 will see a release on Wii U as well, the same day it ships for PS3.

My body is ready.

I'll only post about my Nintendo predictions since predictions about other companies involve games that are already revealed/generic predictions (like more Vita games)

-I have a feeling that Retro is developing Zelda Wii U and it could possibly be at launch or 2013 at the most. I thinkthe next console Zelda is coming sooner than most think.

-Nintendo will not announce any launch Wii U titles until their September event along with price & date. (If they do please confirm Pikmin 3 at launch.)

-Zelda, DKCR2, Kirby 3D announced for 3DS. Only one comes out this year.

-Luigi's Mansion in October.

-Animal Crossing in November

-Paper Mario early next year.

-Pokemon Black & White 2 in early December. (May switch this with animal crossing.)

-Pandora's Power for NA this year.

-They will announce NPC Pikmin 2 and tell everyone that it comes out tomorrow since Nintendo Power said its coming in June but Nintendo STILL hasn't officially announced it. (Seriously WTF?)

-Kirby 25th disc games revealled.

-Wii U online details, but no UI details.

Microsoft:

- Halo 4 is the core centerpiece and looks to end the series on a high note for the 360
- Lots of stage demos for third party games
- Holiday Kinect titles revealed...similar to what we've already seen.
- Show ends with Epic games up on stage, unveils first ever footage of UE4 running on the next Xbox. Jaws drop.
-Overall, a decent show with the next xbox tease.

Nintendo:

-Wii U revealed...hardly any different from what we saw last year. Disappointing sub PS3/360 level graphics. No technical showcases shown off by Nintendo at the show either.
-NSMB Wii U and Pikmin shown. Fans of the series will go nuts, but most will look at the Wii U launch lineup as a disappointment.
-Super Smash Bros 3DS / Wii U interplay shown off.
-Surprising lack of 3DS game title announcements.
-Disappointing show, and gamers largely remain skeptical of the Wii U.

Sony:

-Big focus on Vita. One or two really cool looking first party titles, but not enough third party oomph to really push them into successful territory. No price drop.
-Wealth of PS3 content; Last of Us, God of War: Ascension, LittleBigPlanet Karting, and Playstation All-Stars are the major focus. 1 surprise PS3 announcement from either Guerilla, Media Molecule, or Sucker Punch.
-PS4 with a next-gen teaser by Naughty Dog ends the show. Jaws drop.
-Fairly good show, lots of content.

I'm actually looking forward to gameplay demos from games I'm anticipating this year. Usually its all about the next big game but I'd rather see The Last of Us, FFv13, TLG, GOW4 in action.

However, I dont think we'll see FFv13 or TLG at E3 but instead at TGS. If I could have a game be announced it would be the next Syphon Filter.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Microsoft:
- Halo 4, jizz-tastic gameplay and possible sequels
- MS handheld
- DBZ Kinect
- Perfect Dark 2 revealing
- Xbox 720 trailer reveal as well as next gen trailers
-Left For Dead 3
-Gears of War Spinoff
-Elder Scrolls DLC
-The Witcher 3
-Alan Wake 2

Sony:
- Vita with bomba deals
- PS4 tech vid.
- Kaz Hirai's crab game
- MSG5 announcement
-Kingdom Hearts reveal
-Kaz hirai damage control on vita
-Sony-GAF implodes
-Timesplitters announced as time exclusive
-Resistance for vita

Nintendo:
-there's gonna be more sales statistics again for about 40min as usual.
- Wii-U specs, tech. vids, shigeru miyamoto link costume..
- Localizing Mother and its sequel as well as a mother game for 3DS
- Trailers for Paper Mario, smash bros, Super Mario Wii-U, New Zelda for 3DS or Wii-U, Metroid for Wii-U/3DS, and Super Luigi RPG, 3ds Pokemans, MonHun 4 3DS, etc.
- Wii-U NFC functions and possible AR gaming inter-connectivity with 3DS.
- Pikmin spin-off for 3DS
- Retro unleashing its IP
- Ubisoft announcing rabbids, ghost recon, etc for Wii-u/3DS
-a Square-Enix game that'll make us jizz our pants.

Haha, Microsoft is going to be exactly like they are every year.

CoD presentation, something Fable, Forza, kinect kinect kinect, Halo teased/shown.

It's getting pathetic... but I hope I'm surprised this time! :D I fall for it everytime. Damn.

Ezalc

Microsoft- The exact same shit they've shown for the past two years or so. Kinnect, Fable and Halo up the ass.

Sony- A bunch of shit about the Vita that won't change anything with regards to sales, some other games, nothing on a Folklore sequel or Dissidia 3 in HD with Amarant.

Nintendo- Wii U re-reveal it's name will be changed to Revolution, bunch of games to get people to shut the fuck up about them only caring about the casual market,3DS games showcase, and at least one BOMBA, nothing on a new F-Zero, Sakurai reveals all the interesting new characters for the next SSB in the teaser trailer and continues to fuck the series to hell with terrible campaign mode shit.

I'm a pessimistic asshole.

- Realistic Expectations:

Microsoft:

- Loads of Kinect games featuring the Star Wars and the DragonBall games.
- HALO 4
- New game from Epic
- More about Metal Gear Solid Rising

Nintendo:

- WiiU re-reveal, online details, downloadble content (digital distribution), etc.
- WiiU Titles: Pikmin 3, Super Mario X, Mini Game Collection a'la Wii Sports, Dragon Quest X, Rayman Legends (we already saw that), technical demos hints from StarFox, F-Zero and Zelda.
- 3DS Games: Luigi's Mansion 2, New Super Mario Bros 2, Paper Mario 3D, Monster Hunter 4, Fire Emblem Awakening US localization. Digital Distribution also.

Sony:

- Sales, and how great they are doing
- PS3: GoW4, The Last Of Us, All Star Battle Royale, Little Big Planet Racer, Sly Cooper Thieves in Time.
- Vita: New bunch of games that I don't even think about. But LOADS of them. Most are probable going to release on both PS3 and Vita.

- Non Realistic Expectations:

Microsoft:

- Nothing about Kinect, except the Star Wars game and it's flawless
- HALO 4 (reinvented), Gears 4 (prequel), New Banjo Kazooie (looks amazing), New Perfect Dark, Exclusive Final Fantasy XV trailer, Crackdown 3, Forza V, PGR V.
- 360 online is now free for all 360 owners
- Hints about Xbox 720, it looks amazing, late 2013 release expectation.

Nintendo:

- WiiU re-reveal, online details (open, free, digital distribution uses Steam, Origin and Nintendo's own system, worldwide, friends (without codes)). All mayor 3rd party supports it and will make use of the new tablet. 1 system can use up to 2 WiiU controllers. Range for the WiiU controller is 10 meters (with walls), lag input = zero. New user log in, games remain forever attached to your acount. New Virtual Console, 80% of Nintendo game library is in it.
- WiiU Titles: New Zelda, new Super Mario Galaxy, new FZero, new Metroid, new game by Retro, Donkey Kong Country Returns 2, Super Smash Brothers X.
- 3DS Games: New Advance Wars, Super Smash Brothers X (same game as WiiU, cross play, you get the WiiU version plus 20 bucks, and the game comes with the 3DS version).

Sony:

- Nothing about sales.
- PS3: The Last Guardian, New Kojima game (exclusive), All Star Battle Royale is even greater than expected, Gran Turismo 6, Grand Theft Auto V.
- Vita: All future PS3 games, will be released on vita. You get the PS3 game add 20 bucks, get the Vita version also.
- New PS4, full 3D integration, supports PS3 controls (including Move), 1080p 60fps no problem and standard.

Valve:

- L4D3
- Half Life 3
- Hints of a new TF3, with the f2p system.

Great E3... hope to be able to watch it live :(
DAMN WORK! And damn whinny boss

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
My prediction:

No Versus.
No FFX HD.
No Type-0.

Only FFs there will be FFXIV 2.0 and Theatrhythm.

Microsoft will have a lot of Kinect demos again with other stage demos including:
Call of Duty
Halo 4
Forza Horizon
Tomb Raider
Resident Evil 6
and some others.

Sony will have demo/trailer:
Last of Us
God of War Ascension
Battle Royale All-Stars
AssCreed 3
Metal Gear Rising
FFXIV 2.0
Vita stuff

Nintendo:
Anyone's guess really... you never hear much in the way of leaks regarding their show.
I don't think they'll announce any 3DS redesign yet, and obviously no Wii U pricing.

I don't think the Vita will see a price drop yet.

But I do think Nintendo really poisoned the hardware launch well with the initial 3DS pricing and 4 month post-launch price drop considering how many people are expecting one now.

But I do think Nintendo really poisoned the hardware launch well with the initial 3DS pricing and 4 month post-launch price drop considering how many people are expecting one now.

If the Vita was selling, then nobody would expect one. But it's selling at sub-Gamecube, approaching Dreamcast levels of suck. It has to have a pricedrop to survive.

ReaperXL7

I'll try my hand at this,

MS:

Heavy focus on Halo 4, next COD, and Kinect

Big push for more TV/Entertainment integration

Rare making another game no one will care about, presented by Mr Sunglasses

Possible $50 price drop on all 360 skus

Hints about the NextBox

Sony:

Heavy Push for Vita, possible stage demos for COD, Assassin's Creed, Soul Sacrafice, some new announcements, and revealing that PS1 support goes lives during, or at the end of the show. Also announcing a $50 price drop with an included 4g memory card. Kaz will also discuss Playstation Suite.

Smaller focus on PS3, gameplay for Last of Us, Sony Allstars, God of War, Maybe one or two new titles announced. PSN titles make a few small apperences.

Big 3rd party game shown on stage, probably Ass Creed, Final Fantasy, or Kojipro's Ogre.

Hints for the PS4, maybe a tech demo of what could be possible.

Nintendo:

Wii-U Reveal, online functionality explain in greater detail

Launch line-up revealed, or semi-revealed

Mario, Pikmen, and a few other Nintendo first party Wii-U games are center of their show

Some smaller 3DS announcements, as Wii-U will be the focus

3rd Parties:

38 studios will show the Kingdoms of Amalur MMO

2k will focus on Borderlands 2,Bioshock infinite, and Brothers in Arms

EA will announce a few new games, insomniac shows Overstrike

Konami Zone of the Enders HD, Metal Gear Rising, and three unannonced titles will be shown

Square Final Fantasy Versus XIII will not be shown, and it will be revealed that it's been canceled due to S-E deciding that FF XIII-3 would make a better use of their time. Possible FFXHD reveal, with some Vita/3DS announcements.

kami_sama

Nintendo
- Full Blown re-reveal of Wii U
- A LOT of 3rd party games
- The best online to date for a home console.
- No 3DS revision, but instead, a HUGE software update that will introduce accounts and other improvements to the online.

Sony
- Teaser regarding PS4, nothing relevant will be shown.
- A huge amount of 1st party titles for PS3 and PSVITA, and the reveal of some 3rd party ones.

Microsoft
- Kinect, kinect, kinect
- Blops 2
- Services ONLY available in North America.
- And some 1st party titles.

Valve

- HL3!!!!!!!!!
- HATS, HATS, HATS!!!!!!!!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Half Life 3

This.

dQHTn.jpg

Microsoft - Continues the trend of the last couple of years, has no games. Pretends like it has a chance of ever convincing me that owning a Kinect is not one of the worst things I could do. Spends half the show talking about features for the 360 I could never use because I live in the wrong country. Will make me laugh a couple of times with crap like "The world's greatest storytellers" at the dudes who make Call of Duty last year was.

Nintendo - Will show tech demos and announce games for the Wii U that make me consider switching to Nintendo consoles for the next gen, making the Wii U the only Nintendo console I've owned since the SNES. Will ruin it all by then confirming that you can only use one tablet per console, making me weep for all the lost potential.

Sony - Will put on the worst, absolutely boring show to watch. After they've finished I suddenly realize that there's now a dozen or so games I want to play. I'm left confused about how in the hell that happened.

Olaeh

Nintendo
--
They start with 3DS:

-NSMB2 gets decent stage time. MarioBros3 nostalgia is even heavier than we imagined. One can't help but feel at least a little excited.

-Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion 2, Animal Crossing, Demon Training, and a handful of 3rd party games like Kingdom Hearts 3D and Etrian Odyssey IV are shown in a reel to generic music. There are some previously unannounced games in the mix.

-no mention of 3DS lite.

--
Next they start talking about the new console:

-WiiU online and DD discussed extensively.

- A few previously unknown features of the controller are discussed.

-Pikmin 3 is the flagship title.

-The Mario game is New Super Mario Bros Mii. Visually unchanged from last E3.

-Reel of 3rd party games. It mostly consists of late PS360 ports, but there are a few nice surprises. A new Square-Enix game is briefly shown in the reel but footage is pretty vague. When certain games flash across the screen you can hear a few cheers.

-An exclusive Sonic for WiiU is shown, presumably within launch window. It looks rather impressive.

- Reggie says "Ten-eighty Pee" quite frequently.

-The big surprise is Retro's new game: Yoshi's Island for WiiU.

Antioch

Microsoft:
  • COD: BLOPS 2 demo
  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Retribution
  • Dragonball Z Kinect
  • Kinect Sports Season 3
  • Dance Central 3
  • Kinect Joy Ride 2
  • Ryse demo
  • Fabel: The Journey demo
  • New multimedia stuff
  • Alan Wake: Season 2 (Hopefully)
  • Halo 4 demo to close the show

Sony:
  • Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal demo
  • The Last of Us demo
  • God of War: Ascension demo
  • LittleBigPlanet Karting demo
  • Killzone 4 demo
  • The Last Guardian trailer
  • Infamous 3 trailer
  • Quantic Dream's game trailer
  • Substantial Vita price-drop
  • Killzone Vita demo
  • LittleBigPlanet Vita demo
  • Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale announced for Vita
  • COD and Assassin's Creed Vita shown
  • Lack of any really impressive Vita showing
  • Some third party Vita game will be announced but never spoken of again (like Bioshock Vita and RE Portable)

Nintendo:
  • Wii U OS and features detailed
  • NiN shown on Wii U
Line-up:
  • Pikmin 3 (launch)
  • Retro's game (launch)
  • Wii U Play (launch)
  • "Wii Sports equivalent" (launch)
  • Wii U Fit (Launch window)
  • F-Zero developed by Monster Games (Launch window)
  • WarioWare (Launch window)
  • Yoshi's Island by Good-Feel (Launch window)
  • Monolith's game (2013)
  • The Last Story 2 (2013)
  • Eternal Darkness 2 (2013)
  • Wii U Sports (2013)
  • Trailer for the next 3D Mario (Holiday 2013)
  • Surprisingly full 3rd party line-up
3DS Line-up:
  • New Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Donkey Kong 3D Land developed by NST (Holiday 2012)
  • Animal Crossing (Holiday 2012)
  • Luigi's Mansion 2 (Sept. 2012)
  • Paper Mario 3DS (Q1 2013)
  • The Legend of Zelda 3DS (Holiday 2012)
  • Western 3rd party support that is supposedly going to be bigger than before

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Don Mattrick will be annoying and smug as always
I actually love seeing him talk. I don't find him that annoying.

It will probably be a standard E3 for MS and Sony -- no big reveals, but that's expected since almost everyone will be talking about Nintendo and Wii U.

I hope they show a slight glimpse of 720 or PS4 though. Would be pretty surreal.

Mxrz

Predictions?

Disappointment. Lotta tears, fanboy meltdowns. Arguments. The usual.

Upside? Funny megaton fail gifs.

Red UFO

Sony NEEDS to push hard on vita stuff and get a bunch of people excite to get one around Christmas time. Otherwise that thing is going to shit

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Nintendo
- Pikmin 3 will be titled "Pikmin Colonies" and be about Captain Olimar leading a group of Hocotate pilgrims to settle the Pikmin world. Up to 5 players can take part in the main quest playing asynchronously ala Animal Crossing. One of the new speicies of Pikmin will be able to glow in the dark, allowing for night-time adventures via laying "crumb trails" of the guys to light up paths.

- Star Fox Wii U will there.

Microsoft
- Halo 4 MP on stage demo
- Halo 4 SP trailer
- Skyrim DLC on stage demo/vailable now announcement
- Shadow Complex 2
- Forza Horizon
- Apps, Apps and mo apps
- New revised/usable Netflix app
- Added XBL Gold value in the form of free games, discounts, exclusive beta/demos similar to PSN plus
- Phil Harrison as primary speaker..this one is more of a personal wish as a MS conference with no Peter Molyneux and only Don Mattrick and Phil Spencer is kinda depressing, and let's be honest, J Allard isn't walking through that door

Sony
- GoW Ascension trailer
- Last of Us on stage demo
- The Last Guardian teaser
- PS Vita price drop, min $50 drop, 75 max
- No Kaz and no riidge racer
- Bungie on stage to show early teaser of Destiny...no platform announced
- PS3 price drop to $199

Nintendo
- WiiU name change, release date and pricing
- WiiU controller overhaul, analogs instead of circle pads, much more ergonomic design
- 3D Mario WiiU launch title
- Pilotwings WiiU
- 3DS redesign
- Pikmin 3 WiiU launch title
- WiiU concepts/teasers for Zelda, F-Zero, Wave Race, Donkey Kong Country 3DS, new Retro IP, Metroid

3rd Party
- No Half-Life 3

Really think Nintendo will bring out every major franchise possible to build hype amongst the core audience

M

- Bungie on stage to show early teaser of Destiny...no platform announced

It's been confirmed for current gen platforms and PC, so not mentioning a platform would be odd in that case.

But yes, I think it's time for Bungie to start coming out and showing off their game, unless they decided to move it to the next set of consoles and starting over after hiring PS3 and 360 developers explicitly on their site.

Smellycat

Nintendo:

-Wii U revealed...hardly any different from what we saw last year. Disappointing sub PS3/360 level graphics. No technical showcases shown off by Nintendo at the show either.
-NSMB Wii U and Pikmin shown. Fans of the series will go nuts, but most will look at the Wii U launch lineup as a disappointment.
-Super Smash Bros 3DS / Wii U interplay shown off.
-Surprising lack of 3DS game title announcements.
-Disappointing show, and gamers largely remain skeptical of the Wii U.

You really hate Nintendo haha

Globox_82

Banned
Reggie will have a shinny chin.

Don Mattrick will still try to convince people that Kinect is something amazing.

Sony will be all over the place, will be slowed down with a couple of Japanese guy talking to translator - means x2

Everyone will act surprised that there was no talk about PS4 and nextbox and Gaf will call it worst E3 ever.

Smellycat

Nintendo
- Pikmin 3 will be titled "Pikmin Colonies" and be about Captain Olimar leading a group of Hocotate pilgrims to settle the Pikmin world. Up to 5 players can take part in the main quest playing asynchronously ala Animal Crossing. One of the new speicies of Pikmin will be able to glow in the dark, allowing for night-time adventures via laying "crumb trails" of the guys to light up paths.

- Star Fox Wii U will there.

hmm... very specific details, are these really predictions or actual facts??

TheOddOne

It's been confirmed for current gen platforms and PC, so not mentioning a platform would be odd in that case.

But yes, I think it's time for Bungie to start coming out and showing off their game, unless they decided to move it to the next set of consoles and starting over after hiring PS3 and 360 developers explicitly on their site.
One of their recently departed art managers said it was a next-generation game.

Wolfie5

Sony

-E3 has already started. Almost all new games will be revealed/leaked and shown before Sony conference. We will just get more gameplay from revealed games.

-Vita price drop and tons of games that are coming will be shown.

-PS4 info in some form.(worst case: They will just say next gen starts next year)

Microsoft

-Kinectamania. It´s a Kinect world. A similar kinect talk like last E3 is to be expected.

-Halo 4 and new COD game will be on demo. 2-3 more 3rd party games will also be demoed.

-Nextbox info in some form. Kinect 2.0 might be mentioned.

Nintendo

-Wii U blowout. We will finally see Wii U games that are in development. Pikmin 3 is already known. Retros new game. 2-3 new IP will be announced. Wii U Sports seems like a safe bet. Wii U demogame that will be packed in will be demonstraded.
2-3 games from known franchises will be revealed(think Starfox, F-zero, Wave race, maybe even Kid Icarus).

-No Smash brothers and no Zelda. A Mario 3D game and new Metroid will be shown in trailer.

-3rd party games will be the focus. Several games will be demonstrated.

-NSMB2 for 3DS and Wii U will be announced. Crossplatform gameplay.

-3DS games. New Zelda will be announced.

Chittagong

Gold Member
My predictions - it will be an unspectacular year.

Microsoft
- No next generation talk
- Keynote begins with a Black Ops 2 demo involving someone climbing or crawling
- Presentation drags on and on and on about Kinect games
- Previously hilarious Kinect stage demos are just annoying on year 3
- Halo 4 is the only real gamer game highlight. A handful of key third party gamer games are showcased, including Bioshock Infinite - 3rd party is the main draw for gamers at this point

Sony
- No next generation talk
- A looooooong section on PS Vita, showing a handful of new games but nothing striking
- The amount of PS Vita games doesn't quite justify the length of the section
- Sony will declare this another big year for PS3, with "unprecedented exclusives"
- Looooooong demos of of God of War, Last of Us

Nintendo
- 3DS is quickly done within the first 30 minutes. Mostly overdue and known games with one positive surprise, a new Zelda
- Wii U showreel dreams are made of
- Total fan service from Pikmin 3 to Super Mario to Zelda
- Retro new game blows us away
- We'll all get really excited about Wii U again
- Wii U visuals look slightly better than Xbox 360 and PS3, but due to the developers being familiar with the techniques they come across as stronger than expected
- No price announced

Microsoft:

Opens with Halo - looks beautiful.
Lots of Kinect talk - GAF gets bored...
Right at the very end we get a mysterious 10 second tease of a new console, with 2013 displayed on a giant screen to finish.

Nintendo:

Opens with a Kirby montage and details of anniversary stuff.
Pink Kirby Wii announced & Wii price drop.
3DS trailers - Animal Crossing and the New Mario game get everyone hyped.
Wii U blowout. Pikmin stage demo. Ubisoft guys come on stage and show Killer Freaks - big improvement since last year. NO PRICE OR RELEASE DATE - GAF is frustrated.

Sony:
2 new Vita colours. Vita bundled with small memory card and a $10 PSN voucher from this point on. Lack of "big" game announcements.
Lots of PS Suite stuff shown.
GoW to finish.

Overall E3 is a disappointment, although Halo, Pikmin and GoW do at least give everyone something to look forward too.

Biggest thread on GAF is dedicated to discussing the 10 second nextbox tease...

Valnen

Getting the feeling it's going to be a huge disappointment. Nothing can top Diablo 3 releasing anyway.

Not expecting next gen info.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
- NeoGAF 500 Error

Pretty much guaranteed to happen

Microsoft:
  • COD: BLOPS 2 demo
  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Retribution
  • Dragonball Z Kinect
  • Kinect Sports Season 3
  • Dance Central 3
  • Kinect Joy Ride 2
  • Ryse demo
  • Fabel: The Journey demo
  • New multimedia stuff
  • Alan Wake: Season 2 (Hopefully)
  • Halo 4 demo to close the show

^ This just might save Microsoft from having the most boring show....again.

Top Bottom