• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prepare your wallets: ASUS announces the first 4K 144 Hz Gsync HDR IPS monitor

Arkanius

pg27uq-front.jpg

http://videocardz.com/65369/asus-announces-swift-pg27uq-4k-ips-144hz-g-sync-monitor

Enter me in debt if old

Still IPS tho, brehs.

Edit: oh shit, Quantum Dot makes it much better than your average IPS. My wallet is open for business, though 27" would be quite the step down from my 32".

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Wake me up when they pump all that tech goodness into a 34' curved screen. 27' is pedestrian.

IPS kinda blows for "gaming". Legit contrast ratio isn't anything special but I guess that's why they have HDR to blow everything up.

I'd take a decent, recent VA panel even at 1080P over this. I guess all the junk they throw in it to make it half decent draws people in. I bet nearly all of them suffer from ugly backlight bleed as well, like all of these monitors seem too.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
If only it was 32" instead of 27.

Nabbis

Quite fitting for it to look like it's about to launch itself into the orbit given how it looks and costs like a rocket.

CSJ

It's going to bit hit and miss getting some games to make use of the >60hz but there are a lot of modern titles doable with SLI 1080's at the moment.

I guess.

Deadstar

I have a 1440p monitor at 27" and I wouldn't want a higher res at this size (just my preferences). 4k at 32" would probably be about ideal for me.

I've got a 27 inch 1440p and it looks amazing. I thought it'd be too big but it's a good size. I'd be curious to see how 4k looks at this size.

Jeffrey

27" is a bummer. My eyes aren't amazing but even squinting at my normal sitting position, I can't see pixels on my 1440p display.

Also 27" 1440p is great for 1:1 scaling on windows, I assume 4k at 27" will require scaling which has its own issues, especially if you older software.

That feel when my 55" KS8000 will probably be 1/3rd the price of that.

$729

27-inch-16x9-vs-55-inch-16x9.png

I have a 27" 1440p IPS 144hz monitor as well I paid $440 for. I use both pretty much equally, but there's no denying the improvement to IQ coming from an IPS screen, even a top of the line one like the MG279Q has, to a good VA panel.

SliChillax

27" is a bummer. My eyes aren't amazing but even squinting at my normal sitting position, I can't see pixels on my 1440p display.

Also 27" 1440p is great for 1:1 scaling on windows, I assume 4k at 27" will require scaling which has its own issues, especially if you older software.
It's not about seeing pixels, it's about having better image quality. The fact that you don't see pixels doesn't mean that you cannot tell the difference between a 4k monitor.

Top Bottom