• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 NeoGAF Inhouse League Season 4

Hylian7

Couple of things:

1. If you're on the fence about whether to play or not, be it you don't feel like you are good enough, think your MMR is too low, just sign up! We accept people of all skill levels here. Even if you don't get picked for a team, you can always be a Scrim Player/backup if someone drops out of a team.

2. You do need to have an MMR, if you don't have one, you have plenty of time before signups close to play your 10 games and get one. It doesn't matter how outdated it is.

3. This thread is kind of getting lost in the Switch shuffle going on on Gaming Side, so if you have friends that you know, or think might be interested in this, please pass this onto them. At the time of this post there are 32 signups, which isn't terrible, but I know we have seen more in past seasons and I would like to see more.

Oshimai

Couple of things:

3. This thread is kind of getting lost in the Switch shuffle going on on Gaming Side, so if you have friends that you know, or think might be interested in this, please pass this onto them. At the time of this post there are 32 signups, which isn't terrible, but I know we have seen more in past seasons and I would like to see more.

Could be helpful if we updated the Dota 2 OT title and link this thread in the first post of that thread.

Thanks for helping to organize this.

Hylian7

Sounds fun but I haven't played DOTA is a couple months and before that I was absolutely terrible.
JUST. DO. IT!

In all seriousness, this is meant to be a fun league with supportive teammates for players of all skill levels to play in. You'll learn a lot about the game playing in this league and you will have fun as well as becoming a better player.

Strider

Well I decided to signup this time around... Not sure I'd get drafted even if it was updated but I'm thinking my outdated 2.5k will make sure I end up a free agent :p

Nevertheless looking forward to it

Oh also you going to be setting up a discord server for the league or what?

In all seriousness, this is meant to be a fun league with supportive teammates for players of all skill levels to play in. You'll learn a lot about the game playing in this league and you will have fun as well as becoming a better player.

idk I'm going through this word-by-word and I'm not sure very much of it is true

Can I indicate that I only want to be a scrim player? I'm a)awful and b) expecting a kid in late March so I can't commit a bunch.

Playing with people that aren't my friends fills me with anxiety.

Will we have a dedicated Discord group for this? I haven't spoken in-game in, uh... well, ever.

I'll probably regret it, but, sure--why not. I'll sign up.

Chill support looking for dominant carry(ies) with a big kill streak. Can't host. Will bring the wards, dust, and sentries. Can be talked into kinky stuff like sacrificing myself for the right carry, or smoking up with multiple people. Hit me up.

yarden24

Playing with people that aren't my friends fills me with anxiety.

Will we have a dedicated Discord group for this? I haven't spoken in-game in, uh... well, ever.

I'll probably regret it, but, sure--why not. I'll sign up.

Chill support looking for dominant carry(ies) with a big kill streak. Can't host. Will bring the wards, dust, and sentries. Can be talked into kinky stuff like sacrificing myself for the right carry, or smoking up with multiple people. Hit me up.

you can become friends with your team and then there's no problem!

bbd23

alright yarden made me sign up

cBj1LTf.png

Hylian7

We've had trouble identifying the current Meeru. Analysts are on it, though.

NOPE
This reminds me, within the last year or two, he has been known to impersonate people, using their name and avatar on Steam. I highly recommend putting nicknames for people on your friends list on Steam, that way you know you should suspect something if a teammate does not show a nickname.

In general the nickname feature is great, and lets you keep up with those friends that change their display name all the time.

Hylian7

Couple of updates here:

1. Registration will close THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 2 @ 6PM CST. At this time, captains will be named and will have time to get their picks ready for the draft the following day.

2. I'm still going to work out the precise number of teams players per team once signups close. Right now we have a lower turnout than the last two IHLs, but I would still like to have 7 or 8 per team because two people not being able to show up to a match is a fairly common thing.

3. I have caught two Meerus (thanks to those that pointed that out and helped me identify them) in the registration and marked both in red. I would suggest right now that you use the Steam nickname feature on your friends. Meeru is known to disguise his account to look like other players and try to play in their place. I can't remember any IHL game where it happened, but I know it has happened in regular IH games.

4. If anyone would like to volunteer to be on the draft stream with me, please let me know. If you're a captain you won't be able to be on it (other than being interviewed of course), but anyone else is welcome, player or not, but I don't want it to be too crowded.

Madouu

I don't know if it was mentioned before, but I recommend sending a PM to the people that have participated in previous IHLs.

Also, I see a lot of people who post in the community thread not in the spreadsheet, it would help to PM some of the most active users in that thread.

Good luck with everything.

Hylian7

I don't know if it was mentioned before, but I recommend sending a PM to the people that have participated in previous IHLs.

Also, I see a lot of people who post in the community thread not in the spreadsheet, it would help to PM some of the most active users in that thread.

Good luck with everything.

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Hylian7

I am currently asking "Maybe" captains on the registry. All but one captain are either "Yes" from the beginning or were "Maybe" and I have asked them today and they said yes. Captains will be posted publicly soon.

Hylian7

Here are the captains (in draft order):

Red UFO
Spruchy
Madouu
procarbine
Gofu

There will be 7 members per team.

Red UFO

pretty sure a pulled a ppd ti5 final draft and baited the other teams into picking OP people that dont gel at all

-razzy-

Neo Member
Played in Season 3 from SEA. (200 ping lol) Played under Gofu's team. Good luck to them and all the teams. Woo!

yarden24

When's the first match?

Agenda

Friday, February 3 @ 6:30PM PST: Draft, Captains will be selected out of those interested and will draft players
Weekend of 2/10: Opening weekend, scrims.
Weekend of 2/17: First weekend of regular season
Weekend of 3/24: First weekend of playoffs
Weekend of 3/31: Finals weekend.

Top Bottom