• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT Sport to add New Cars,Offline GT League and more

sublimit

Banned
Patch 1.06 (Coming November 27th, 2017)
From November 27th we'll begin rolling out new cars, and kicking off with these three free new cars:
37830871134_ea7e1c1b53_b.jpg

37830871194_d5feb222a3_z.jpg

26771141259_d7e8ef22cd_z.jpg

GT League (Coming December 2017)
Launching as part of our free December update, we'll be introducing a brand new single player mode called ”GT League". Based on the old ”GT mode" of previous titles, players can now look forward to racing through a series of cup competitions from beginner to pro levels, and and even partake in endurance races!

New Cars: (Coming December 2017)
In addition, the following 12 cars will be added to the game in the free update of December 2017:
Mazda — RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD)
Nissan — Skyline GT-R V・spec II (R32)
Nissan — Skyline GT-R V・spec II Nür (R34)
Ford — F-150 SVT Raptor
Lamborghini — Countach LP400
Ferrari — F40
Ferrari — Enzo Ferrari
KTM — X-BOW R
Suzuki — Swift Sport
Volkswagen — Samba Bus Type 2 (T1)
Chris Holstrom Concepts — 1967 Chevy Nova
Chevrolet — Corvette Stingray Convertible (C3)

From now to March 2018, a total of approximately 50 cars are already planned for addition to the game. And the updates will continue beyond March! You can of course look forward to the addition of new tracks as well, so stay tuned!
https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...tes-add-new-cars-offline-play-gt-league-more/

Meh i'm still VERY salty that they dared to release a GT game without Single Player mode but now with these updates i may get it at some point in the future. They also need to fix their photo mode and make it available for offline players as well (it was an incredibly shitty move to lock photo available only if you were online).

So GT League is effectively them admitting they messed up by removing all the single player?

Good to see. I’m going to jump now its only £25

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
how hard is it to fing release games finished ?
well at least i am getting it for 20 now.

add a bspec mode and the game is actually decent-ish
oh and ffs just give us the ugly low poly models from older games.

sublimit

Banned
how hard is it to fing release games finished ?
well at least i am getting it for 20 now.

add a bspec mode and the game is actually decent-ish

Nah i think it's about time they move on and actually sit down and make new versions of the more popular old models.

If not for this half-finished GT game then definitely for the next main entry.

Tommi84

Uhm, please no? How long do we need to look at them, it's 2017 already. Hi-poly or no-poly for me.

Hopw they release a GOTY Edition wirh everything on the disc already. Don't want to download everything from psn

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Nah i think it's about time they move on and actually sit down and make new versions of the more popular old models.

If not for this half-finished GT game then definitely for the next main entry.

just like an extra man. The car selection is a complete joke compared to forza 7

sublimit

Banned
just like an extra man. The car selection is a complete joke compared to forza 7

The whole game is a complete joke when compared to Forza 7 and i'm saying this as a huge GT fan since day 1.
Its only excuses are that it's not a main entry (regardless of the PR crap Yamauchi was saying before the game's release) and that it doesn't have Forza's shitty loot boxes.

Still i'd rather have less cars than still see them re-using PS2 models.

Unknown?

On PS3 everyone was bitching about the standards even saying they’d be happy with the just 200 premium cars. Now we have people asking for them back?!

Unknown?

E.X.T.R.A.
Hey I want more cars too but not if it means using lower quality. They’ve ditched them, so might as well not go backwards.

So GT League is effectively them admitting they messed up by removing all the single player?

Good to see. I’m going to jump now its only £25
I used to love grinding in the campaign but I can’t go back after Sport mode and getting lots of good clean racing. Nothing beats being on someone’s tail for several laps and passing them because they messed up from all the pressure you put on them. AI will never give that satisfaction. I’ll still try it out but doubt I’ll give it much time which is funny because I went into this game just planning on doing arcade races mostly but I’m glad that for all the people who cared will get the feature. :)

amdb00mer

The offline mode should make a lot of GT fans happy. Some will probably still complain as I'm sure certain progression will be separated from the offline and online mode.

JP

Although they'd confirmed before launch that it would be a continually evolving experience for owners so it's really nice to see these two updates coming and also being free. Fifty cars between now and March is pretty damn good.

Obviously looking forward to more tracks being released and I'm really hoping that we'll see some of the classic GT tracks making an appearance.

pcostabel

Gold Member
Great to hear about GT League. Single player is all I care about, the online matches are too stressful for me.

THE:MILKMAN

It does bother me on principle they have 50 cars ready to go a month in. After the it takes 6 months per car reasoning/excuse just rubs it in.

Holding the content back (or at least designing the games this way) is just wrong on so many levels.

I'm currently really enjoying the simplicity and plug/play of the SNES mini and it really shows up where current gaming is going wrong for me right now.

Unknown?

It does bother me on principle they have 50 cars ready to go a month in. After the it takes 6 months per car reasoning/excuse just rubs it in.

Holding the content back (or at least designing the games this way) is just wrong on so many levels.

I'm currently really enjoying the simplicity and plug/play of the SNES mini and it really shows up where current gaming is going wrong for me right now.
Uhhh there is a whole lot of assumption going on in your post. Also do you want them to release one every time it’s ready instead of in batches? A lot of these cars have been being worked on for some time already. And no 50 cars are not ready a month in. Only 3 will be released this month. 50 will be released in 5 months.

THE:MILKMAN

Uhhh there is a whole lot of assumption going on in your post. Also do you want them to release one every time it’s ready instead of in batches? A lot of these cars have been being worked on for some time already. And no 50 cars are not ready a month in. Only 3 will be released this month. 50 will be released in 5 months.

Not really assumption, more common sense. If you are comfortable with this (meaning all games doing similar) then good for you. I genuinely believe these cars (and tracks) are ready and waiting to be released in batches (DLC) and good luck to them.

Now where is that cloud....

I know right? Cause they just whipped this right up in a month.

It really isn’t difficult thing to do. All the tracks are there already, all they have to program is the championship.

Even worse for me is if it was done and they’ve held it back.

I would’ve bought the game on release if it had this mode in it. In my experience, the online centric marketing put A LOT of people off the game. All I wanted was a prettier GT5, now it seems they’re finally listening, but it’s taken too long and they’ve suffered as a result.

Breakage

Or panic at the middling reviews and lacklustre sales and put back in a mode which should never have been removed in the first place.
Yeah, GTS would have certainly bagged higher scores if this stuff was available on day one. Really reminds of the Driveclub situation. I think that game even got a few re-reviews when it was eventually completed post-release.

Unknown?

No tracks? Wtf? Fuck the cars. The game needs tracks.

PD is such a garbage studio.
They mentioned those are coming too. Your post is perfectly rational. rollseyes.gif

Anyway I’m oddly most excited about the raptor. Finally a new truck since GT4.

ubiblu

Fantastic. I've been holding off getting the game because of the ongoing criticism, but it's only $29 AUD tomorrow at JB Hi-fi so would be bonkers not to get it.

pixelbox

It really isn’t difficult thing to do. All the tracks are there already, all they have to program is the championship.

Even worse for me is if it was done and they’ve held it back.

I would’ve bought the game on release if it had this mode in it. In my experience, the online centric marketing put A LOT of people off the game. All I wanted was a prettier GT5, now it seems they’re finally listening, but it’s taken too long and they’ve suffered as a result.
Could have been in tuning with the content being used.

sublimit

Banned
No tracks? Wtf? Fuck the cars. The game needs tracks.

PD is such a garbage studio.

The blog post says they will be adding new tracks as well.

Also calling a studio like PD "garbage" (even if i don't like a lot of their choices for this game) is pure trolling.

jonnyp

I don't get PD and Sony for not including a proper single player experience. Millions have bought the previous versions because of the single player experience. How stupid can you get to think you could leave this out?

I swear company execs have no clue sometimes.

It's still not enough for me to buy the game, still too little content for me.

How are they able to release 50 in 5 months if they only have 3 ready now?

I dont understand Polyphony Digital, they spend 4 years making a game with so little content and now they are going to release 50 cars (30% extra) in 5 months and single player and other stuff, what they were doing during 4 years then?

xion4360

On November 27 (planned) an update will allow you to play career and scapes offline but you cant save until online...

also mentions new tracks coming

Aintitcool

Banned
So I run a playstation cafe and did you know that the Auto Save wont even save your TV settings at boot if your not online?

I shit you not. All my playstations without online, need to manually set up the tv every time too play the games arcade or 2pl split screen.

eso76

I thought it was selling well, but it dropped to a ridiculously cheap 29.99€ over here since last week and I finally caved.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
ok first up I wanna say I have an xbox, but how have they got away with releasing this with no single player game? isn't that what these game are 50% about? game look amazing btw.

the way these threads have been for the last few years if Microsoft would of release a half finished Forza the whole of gas front page would of been about it, have I missed this with GT. like I said I think the game looks amazing

Top Bottom