• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

Kyolux

So I ordered one of those $80 switch.

Let's see how that goes. I don't think this is happening. Even with Quebec's law of shown price and stuff. They'll just cancel it and apologize and say they can't do anything about it most likely.

Lexxism

So I ordered one of those $80 switch.

Let's see how that goes. I don't think this is happening. Even with Quebec's law of shown price and stuff. They'll just cancel it and apologize and say they can't do anything about it most likely.
They already charge me. It comes with $94.38. I don't know why there's a $3.99 shipping charge. It might be the amiibo. I can't wait to see just the amiibo and MK8D lol

Kyolux

They already charge me. It comes with $94.38. I don't know why there's a $3.99 shipping charge. I do see myself seeing just MK8D and amiibo.

Now I kind of regret not jumping on some of those $50 Switch games. I didn't plan to get one of these for another 2 or 3 years.

Still.. for now it's leave and forget. We'll see later this week what comes of this.

SirKhalid

They won't cancel the Switch order, what will happen is that they will send MK8D and charge you. Then when they will send the Switch and they will charge you for the Switch.

UberTag

Anyone in here importing the Green & Pink Joy-Cons next month?
And, if so, where do you recommend grabbing them from?

Game.co.uk is still taking pre-orders but the cost including shipping works out to close to $150 Canadian - which, I suppose, isn't much of a surcharge over the $113 or so we'd be paying for new ones in Ontario but I'd still like to do better (especially with likely customs duties adding to the cost on top of that).

leeman

Anyone in here importing the Green & Pink Joy-Cons next month?
And, if so, where do you recommend grabbing them from?

Game.co.uk is still taking pre-orders but the cost including shipping works out to close to $150 Canadian - which, I suppose, isn't much of a surcharge over the $113 or so we'd be paying for new ones in Ontario but I'd still like to do better (especially with likely customs duties adding to the cost on top of that).

I'm holding out hope for an NA release. They were decently priced on AmiAmi and Amazon JP (~$120 w/ shipping), I could see Amazon JP restocking closer to launch day if we haven't heard of them coming to Canada yet.

NYR

Is there anywhere to get a switch pro controller cheaper than $90+tax? :(
I've never seen it in sale. It was pretty impossible to get in the first two months so there has been no need for sales.

I would use reward zone points or something.

iphys

Is there anywhere to get a switch pro controller cheaper than $90+tax? :(

I wouldn't buy a Pro controller till they start making them with better D-pads and C-sticks. Get a NES30 Pro for less instead. I got mine for $50 from Amazon, but if you're really patient on shipping you can get them even cheaper from aliexpress.

Lexxism

I wouldn't buy a Pro controller till they start making them with better D-pads and C-sticks. Get a NES30 Pro for less instead. I got mine for $50 from Amazon, but if you're really patient on shipping you can get them even cheaper from aliexpress.
How is it? Any feedback will be appreciated.

You should know this better then we would. Your Province's laws state it has to be the advertised price right? They'll be happy to charge you the normally posted price for the switch when they get them in stock as advertised.
I don't really think it makes any difference if you get to the cart and it just says mario kart for the price of mario kart and brings up the switch again later when they're in stock.

I don't begrudge any of you or expect any of you would ever cancel an order you got in because "what if" "just incase" "could you imagine"

but this RFD tier garbage always burys legitimate deals and sales in the thread

like the fact the ps+ sale is only on for another 59 minutes

I wouldn't call buying the system at that glitched price itself "RFD tier garbage". Glitches happen all the time in online shopping.

If you try to call Best Buy's customer service when they inevitably cancel it, or they charge you the correct full price (and they will, make no mistake about it) and try to argue your way to getting a switch at that price point, and complain to them how others have placed their order at that price? THEN that's RFD tier.

Well, Best Buy charged my credit card for $90.39 in that glitched switch bundle.

Looks like I'm getting it!

... Mario Kart 8 DX that is.

Man, I hope this isn't an issue when it comes to returning it. lol

Kyolux

Well, Best Buy charged my credit card for $90.39 in that glitched switch bundle.

Looks like I'm getting it!

... Mario Kart 8 DX that is.

Man, I hope this isn't an issue when it comes to returning it. lol

Well hopefully they're waiting for the whole bundle to ship everything together. I only have a date for the amiibo.

Anyway, if you keep everything sealed, shouldn't be too much of an issue to make an in-store return.

Well hopefully they're waiting for the whole bundle to ship everything together. I only have a date for the amiibo.

Anyway, if you keep everything sealed, shouldn't be too much of an issue to make an in-store return.

I'm more concerned with the issue that because the invoice says it's a switch bundled with Mario kart, when I go to the store to return the game, they'll be like: "sir, where is the switch?".

Oh the tale I'll have for them!

Lexxism

I'm more concerned with the issue that because the invoice says it's a switch bundled with Mario kart, when I go to the store to return the game, they'll be like: "sir, where is the switch?".

Check the invoice. It says MK8D on it. You won't have any problem returning it. This pretty much guarantee we will get just the game

Kyolux

Yeah, don't think you'll be able to return MK8 by itself if the bundle stays at that price.

Check the invoice. It says MK8D on it. You won't have any problem returning it. This pretty much guarantee we will get just the game

Mine says "Nintendo Switch with Grey Joy-Con & Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch) Bundle"? Unless I'm not looking where you're talking about?

Lexxism

Mine says "Nintendo Switch with Grey Joy-Con & Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch) Bundle"? Unless I'm not looking where you're talking about?
bestbuy94fa0.png

Lexxism

Interesting, how do you get to that screen? I can only see order summary, even though my card has been charged.
You probably got a shipping notice on your email. Check it out and there should be a pdf attached to it. That's where I got mine. It's still not updated on BB order page.

Kyolux

You probably got a shipping notice on your email. Check it out and there should be a pdf attached to it. That's where I got mine. It's still not updated on BB order page.

Well I have yet to get a shipping notice, that might be why.

The email confirmation I got mentions the bundle, MK8 and the amiibo. Guess that'll come later. But yeah.

First time I see charges being done like this on the order summary. Weird.

If you're in the Edmonton area and trying to find a Switch, check out NE Wal-mart on 137th ave. They had, when I was there an hour or so ago, between 4+ switches in stock.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Ports 2 and 3 are the only ones that support HDR, which is why you need to turn on Enhanced for them as you note.

So if you have the Xbox in Port 1 you'll need to move it to 3. The Pro in 2 should be fine.
Oh, hmmmm, so only ports 2 & 3 get HDR at 4K, I'll have a look again.
But then the Pro was in port 2 all along and still wouldn't do 4K and HDR concurrently. It shows that "HDR only in 2K" message.

Kyolux

But then the Pro was in port 2 all along and still wouldn't do 4K and HDR concurrently. It shows that "HDR only in 2K" message.

Hope you figure it out man. Saw that tv demoed yesterday in Best Buy, HDR looked phenomenal on it.

I'm happy with the limited "HDR" my tv does (KU7000 model or along these lines), but yeah, the real thing is incredible.

Oops I didn't get a shipping invoice like you did yet.

That's good news though. At least when they send the game, I'll actually get the correct invoice for it to make the return easier.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Hope you figure it out man. Saw that tv demoed yesterday in Best Buy, HDR looked phenomenal on it.

I'm happy with the limited "HDR" my tv does (KU7000 model or along these lines), but yeah, the real thing is incredible.
Ooooooohhhh my god, there was a software update available, Android 7.0, and I think it works now. HDR is avaiable at 4K, I can do the 2160p RGB, trying to see the Xbox now.

Ooooooohhhh my god, there was a software update available, Android 7.0, and I think it works now. HDR is avaiable at 4K, I can do the 2160p RGB, trying to see the Xbox now.

I don't think you will be able to do 4k HDR RGB in game. It should switch to YUV 422 HDR. That's how it works on mine.

Omlagus

Is the Pro plugged straight into the tv or are you going through a receiver? Maybe check your video settings on the Pro and just put things on auto where you can. If you're straight into the tv, can't think of any reason you'd get that message.

I'm hoping to get an X900E myself later in the year so I'd like to hear what you think of it.

Is the Pro plugged straight into the tv or are you going through a receiver? Maybe check your video settings on the Pro and just put things on auto where you can. If you're straight into the tv, can't think of any reason you'd get that message.

I'm hoping to get an X900E myself later in the year so I'd like to hear what you think of it.

I have owned the 55" X900E over a month and also own a 49" X800D. I absolutely love the X900E. The colours and black levels look exceptional. The 4k content looks stunning. I also love having an Android Smart TV interface. Great for using emulators directly on your TV. It even works with my FC30 now.

It's not great for watching on angle but I sit in front of the TV anyway.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Holy sweet mother of baby Jesus, 4K HDR looks fucking nuts!!!! Uncharted looks fucking insane sweet fancy Moses!

I don't think you will be able to do 4k HDR RGB in game. It should switch to YUV 422 HDR. That's how it works on mine.
Yo what do you use for sharpness and reality creation resolution?

Do this.

Well I selected the 2160p RGB and playing Uncharted shows the display is at 4K resolution and HDR enabled when going to picture adjust.

Or does the HDR logo need to appear in the Display next to the resolution?

If you put it on Auto it should auto switch between RGB and YUV422 as required.

Picture adjust will show HDR if HDR content is working correctly.

Yo what do you use for sharpness and reality creation resolution?

Sharpness is 51 and Reality Creation is turned off. When I have a chance later I can post my settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom