• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

List of studios closed since 2006 - Updated

DaBoss

They were fine financially because Konami bought them out. Explain to everyone why Konami is stupid for buying them?

That's what I said. I never claimed Konami is stupid for buying them. I claimed that the merger was, but that is due to my dislike with that decision.

fvng

That's what I said. I never claimed Konami is stupid for buying them. I claimed that the merger was, but that is due to my dislike with that decision.

Whether they merged or simply remain a subsidiary, what difference does it make to you?

DaBoss

Whether they merged or simply remain a subsidiary, what difference does it make to you?

They made great games as Hudson, namely the Bomberman series. I also enjoyed the Mario Party series, but the people involved with that are at ND Cube. Now Hudson only exists through a name, they are now spread throughout Konami's dev teams. I'm glad they have jobs, but I can't help but be disappointed with the decision.

Today is the last day for Tecmo Koei Canada. Honestly, I'm surprised it lasted it as long as they did doing mobile after I left after the downsizing and refocusing exclusively on mobile/social. They're wrapping up after two mobile freemium games.

tumblr_miwymrRHWE1qghnumo2_1280.png
tumblr_miwymrRHWE1qghnumo3_1280.png
tumblr_miwymrRHWE1qghnumo1_1280.png

Duuke

Thanks for the news. I love the Toronto development scene, even though I never knew much about Koei, I'll still be sad to see it go. One less place to send a resume if you wanted to work in central Ontario.

BD1

Banned
has Nintendo ever close its internal studio?

Not sure about closed, but they restructured the shit out of Retro in the early days. They basically shut down and reopened it, with never actually doing any of that.

Of course, we all know about the "second party curse."

No one will shed a tear for a game studio that produced nothing.
Thanks. Go fuck yourself too.

I have to say, I genuinely enjoy reading the news sites pick up that one article from Financial Post taking about the closure of Tecmo Koei Canada, and using the "ex employee" (me) as the line to repeat ad-nauseum as the "view from the inside", even though none of them have ever talked to me.

More fun is to see the replies from a lot of sites ranging from "those guys are terrible, they deserved to be fired" to "wait, who?"

fvng

Wow, you are a fucking human garbage.

Really? You feel bad about Jerry Bruckheimer Games? A studio that LITERALLY didn't produce a single game? I didn't say anything innacurate. You feel like a big man calling people garbage for stating actual facts?

edit: no idea how i arrived at this thread, unintentional bump

Top Bottom