• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Rootbeer

Banned
It's disappointing because the lanterns are perfect for Lego

There's a billion of them with all unique designs and colors, and they all have the ability to make whatever they want for whatever purpose they want.

A GL set could include basically anything. As long as it's mostly green and you call it a construct, it generally works.

A minifig and a bag of transparent green bricks of various sizes could be an entire kit!
LEGO Green Lantern movie GOOOOOOOOO!

Imagine the possibilities in crazy set design for all the lantern-made objects and vehicles, wacky and obscure Lantern minifigs from across the Universe, etc.

I mean, you'd need to really love the color Green (especially translucent green) but hey, I'd love that.

We need more sand green. Always.

When the LEGO Store says the free cavepeople set is with orders over £25, does that include Pick-a-Brick and Bricks and Pieces? Because I missed out on the LBM promo when I tried that last time, but it might just have been sold out.

crpav

Anyone have the best go to place to find and buy older replacement parts and pieces? I know of bricklink but seems so hard to find a place that carries a large assortment of the pieces I am looking for at one place.

Rootbeer

Banned
How old are we talking here?

Generally it's bricklink or LEGO's own Bricks & Pieces service.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/service/replacementparts

For bricklink, you should start to populate all the stuff you want/need into a wishlist then you can find sellers that have the greatest percentage of your wishlist once you get past a certain threshhold you feel comfortable with on spending for. It may not be that easy or cheap depending on what you are looking for. Stick with it, be patient!

I think the last handfull of years in the recent LEGO boom have depleted some sellers of older stuff more than usual. Good luck.

I remember going on bricklink and snagging a bunch of older CMF several years ago. Many prices have doubled or more since then.

ruxtpin

Banned
I like it when Lego puts out the designer videos, but I gotta' say - adult Lego builders seem like an awkward bunch in front of cameras. I just watched a Beyond the Brick interviewing the designer of the fishing hut and it was pretty cringy. :/

Ponn

Banned
I like it when Lego puts out the designer videos, but I gotta' say - adult Lego builders seem like an awkward bunch in front of cameras. I just watched a Beyond the Brick interviewing the designer of the fishing hut and it was pretty cringy. :/

I've watched several Jang videos and have exclaimed "NERD!" (meant endearingly as a fellow nerd) a couple times. Usually at his city videos, I think the last time was when I saw he tore down a section and said he had plans to build something there but rather than just leave it empty he actually took the time to build a construction site in its place. Certain hobbies and fandoms attract certain types of people.

ruxtpin

Banned
I've watched several Jang videos and have exclaimed "NERD!" (meant endearingly as a fellow nerd) a couple times. Usually at his city videos, I think the last time was when I saw he tore down a section and said he had plans to build something there but rather than just leave it empty he actually took the time to build a construction site in its place. Certain hobbies and fandoms attract certain types of people.

Jang is pretty on-spot though. Even though he's only showing off toys, his videos have a professional feel. The BtB interview was like it was being conducted with folks who've never interacted with other people. But some people are introverts like that, which is all good.

Usually at his city videos, I think the last time was when I saw he tore down a section and said he had plans to build something there but rather than just leave it empty he actually took the time to build a construction site in its place.

I have seem several city builders doing this type of temporary construction site. If I remember right, a fellow member of this thread have shared pictures with it. Hell, I am planning to do so, thats makes me officially a Lego nerd then.

Yes, the price was know since its announcement. And at almost 5.000 pieces it is a steal at that price.

hmmm... Technic heavy builds are not quite as fun as I thought they would be. This K-2SO wasn't really that fun to put together, although it does look really great when done.

Pixels

I have seem several city builders doing this type of temporary construction site. If I remember right, a fellow member of this thread have shared pictures with it. Hell, I am planning to do so, thats makes me officially a Lego nerd then.

Yes, the price was know since its announcement. And at almost 5.000 pieces it is a steal at that price.

Oh... It's a huge set.

Ponn

Banned
I have seem several city builders doing this type of temporary construction site. If I remember right, a fellow member of this thread have shared pictures with it. Hell, I am planning to do so, thats makes me officially a Lego nerd then..

Just make sure the logos are aligned.

mclem

So Channel 4 - here in the UK - have just released details of their summer programming lineup, and one programme in particular (In the factual entertainment section) looks intriguing:

Masters of Lego (w/t): August

In a first on British TV, Six pairs of LEGO fans of all ages will go head-to-head in the ultimate battle of the brick. Their design and construction skills will be put to the test in a host of colourful and creative challenges. Each week, the teams whose builds wow the expert judges the most will head through to the next round until the grand finale, where one pair will be crowned Britain's most talented amateur LEGO builders.

How good it is will be dependent on how talented the contestants are and how well-pitched the challenges are, but I'm cautiously interested.

C4 have now released program-specific blurb going into more detail.

The series is hosted by radio DJ and TV presenter Melvin Odoom. Each programme tests a wide array of disciplines from the playful to the technical to the unexpected and judged by a pool of judges led by Matthew Ashton: a man who has made his passion his work as Vice President of Design for the LEGO Group. Joining Matthew in each round will be different expert judges from the fields of engineering, art and design and guest celebrity LEGO fans including Richard Osman, Bill Bailey and Dara O’Briain. In each programme, the teams who impress the most will progress to the next round until the finale, where just one pair will be named LEGO MASTERS.

(...)

LEGO MASTERS begins Thursday 24th August, 8pm on Channel 4.

Weevilone

My kids are in a dead zone where they think other kids won't think Legos are cool. How do I bridge the gap between now and when they don't care?

mclem

There's no way we'll see this in the US, is there?
It seems unlikely to be the sort of thing BBC America would buy in, and All4 - IIRC - requires a UK login so I'm not sure a VPN would be sufficient, either.

If you want to see it, your best bet is through rather dodgier means, I'm afraid.

DonShula

Finally got around to building the Killer Croc Tail-Gator.

It's... strange. The Killer Croc fig is decent. It's made up of 20 pieces (I thought it was like 3).

There are frogs and a bull's skull and some dynamite and a Batman boat that doesn't stay upright by itself. And too many stickers.

I don't know what consumer base was asking for this set and I'm still not sure why I bought it. Even at half price it's not an automatic recommendation.

Typically I don't buy sets for the figures but I did in this case.

idontknowwhatiexpected.gif

My mind was blown today doing one of the 3in1 Creator sets. Apparently a bunch of them fit together like the Constructions do!

mtmENo9.jpg

I want these now.

I have maybe 5-6 of them, but I just got [31067 Modular Poolside Holiday] in the mail today as part of my "spend money get Cavepeople" tactics. About halfway through the instruction book for it, it shows that a couple of the sets together :)

I definitely have to buy the rest now, haha.

Regarding the CREATOR super-build:

https://youtu.be/tO7oVMJBCvA

That is super cool looking.

I think it will be interesting if they release more sets with the same system - I guess each wave would have its own super-build but it would open up the possibility of lots of unofficial combinations too.

While I think the idea of the superbuild is really nice, its implementation on the current Creator line is kind of downgrade from previous Creator houses. Neither the individual houses nor the superbuild feels completed, they are more of a facede which is good for playing but not for displaying.

It honestly surprises me that Lego doesn't do more super builds with their themes. Pretty common knowledge that they'll split a team up across multiple sets to incentivize buying multiple sets but I feel like an even bigger draw could be buying multiple sets to build a larger thing (robot/house/vehicle/play set/etc).

They did it recently with Lego Batman Movie and now that Creator house, hopefully they do more of it. When it was rumored there would be multiple Ghostbusters sets I actually thought they were going to do each Ghostbuster in their own little vignette that would combine to make the Firehouse, I was pretty surprised when they did the Firehouse as one giant set instead.

mclem

Quickie for UK folks: Robo Explorer's currently 25% off at Sainsburys (so £13.50), I know it's a set that has its fans, so people might be interested.

Servbot24

Banned
Well gang I think I've decided to get Ninjago City 0_0

Do Lego stores generally have stock the day of? Haven't been to one in forever, but I'd rather not wait for shipping.

Well gang I think I've decided to get Ninjago City 0_0

Do Lego stores generally have stock the day of? Haven't been to one in forever, but I'd rather not wait for shipping.
They do. And you are Vip right? I don't see the doors busting for this one.

I will be picking it up next weekend. :)

Y ah saw a few people comment about his review...

No one has their own thoughts?

(Lol I'm standing in the store with it in my hands, basically I'm searching for an enabler lol)
Spend more. Get Turbo Track Racer!
Or Green Mech Dragon!
Or spend less and get the explorer robot creator set.
What am I saying!? Telling you to spend less?!

Or take the bullet and give us a GAF review of the shuttle set.

Y ah saw a few people comment about his review...

No one has their own thoughts?

(Lol I'm standing in the store with it in my hands, basically I'm searching for an enabler lol)

It kinda got swept under the rug here since everyone was focused on the Saturn V when it came out

mrkgoo

Spend more. Get Turbo Track Racer!
Or Green Mech Dragon!
Or spend less and get the explorer robot creator set.
What am I saying!? Telling you to spend less?!

Or take the bullet and give us a GAF review of the shuttle set.

It kinda got swept under the rug here since everyone was focused on the Saturn V when it came out

Lol I already bought it haha - just figured yeah take one and see how it goes. Can't really afford to spend too much these days....

Already have the turbo track racer and explorer robot (didn't really like the latter).

Turbo Track is my surprise love of the year so far. I didn't expect much from it, but damn do I love it. There is always one each year.
Still, biggest surprise love was the shock of Quinjet 1.0.

mrkgoo

Turbo Track is my surprise love of the year so far. I didn't expect much from it, but damn do I love it. There is always one each year.
Still, biggest surprise love was the shock of Quinjet 1.0.
I love that turbot track racer. Probably more than the Ferrari. Sure it doesn't have the same crazy techniques but it's more playable and no stickers.

I wish I got the quin jet back in the day but whatever I can't have every lego set!

Blue power jet was another of my all time faves. But that wasn't a surprise - that always looked cool.

Since I'm on a budget, I always do a flyby in this thread to check out your guys expert opinions!

mrkgoo

Scout Trooper, man. Scout Trooper.

But the Green Mech Dragon is so damn good for the price. Not Destiny's Bounty good, but close.

Scout trooper is a bit big and rich for me at te moment (my brother bought it though and it is sweet!). He also bought the ucs snowspeeder....

If you're looking for a space shuttle to match the Saturn V, then look for the Space Shuttle Expedition 10231.

Lol no chance of ever getting something like Saturn v at the moment either. It's too big also ha

Top Bottom