• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shun

Ncv4h83.png

aSiZq7D.png

Developer: Intelligent Systems; DeNA; Nintendo
Genre: Strategy RPG
Platforms: iOS App Store; Google Play
Release: February 2nd All Regions
Price: Free with In-App Purchases
Requirements: iOS 8 and up; Android w/2GB RAM.
146.png

SPw6MU6.png

In the far reaches of the Outrealms, the two nations, The Kingdom of Aske and the Emblia Empire fight in order to uphold their ideals and protect their sovereignty.
The MyUnits of Fire Emblem Heroes, Alfonse and Sharon, summon assistance from legendary heroes of Fire Emblem from across the gate to form a band alliance called the Vice Brave.
Alongside these heroes, you are set to defend Aske from invasion and conquest by Veronica of Emblia and her own band of heroes.

o7BplqT.png

Alfonse (CV. Suzuki Tatsuhisa)
1ONtz9A.png

Prince of Aske; Specializes in Red (Swords)

Sharon (CV. Maaya Uchida)
1xesJxk.png

Princess of Aske; Specializes in Blue (Lances)

Anna (CV. Saori Seto)
tRJFqFs.png

Extradimensional Shopkeeper who finds herself in Aske as their Commander; Specializes in Green (Axes)

Veronica (CV. Rina Hidaka)
1WQvoPy.png

Princess of Emblia who manipulates Heroes she summons to invade Aske.

Mysterious Man (CV. Shinichiro Miki)
UHmmxAF.png

He's hot. That's pretty much all we know.

Ryoma (CV. Yuichi Nakamura)
daa18677c92946ba848f996ffa3c67fc.png

The Lobster God of Thunder. OUGI.

Nino (CV. Kana Yuuki)
cbfe039a2df24a319c2a0105209c60f2.png

Illiterate, Optimistic, Bloodthirsty.

Rinda (CV. Asami Seto)
407af20d0a3f400e8979df78169fb5b6.png

YOU ARE ALREADY DEAD.

And all the other heroes that can you can potentially bribe to join the Vice Brave.
170119fehm02.jpg

PVyOkuT.png

Alongside the Vice Brave, you will be traversing map working to rout the Emblia forces all in strategy RPG style.
c6448e43988a41c8a58db7d356b4058d.jpg

Like in past games, you can choose between a Normal, Hard, and Lunatic difficulty map to attempt and use your tactics to traverse the battlefield and attack the enemy. The missions will be subjected to a Stamina cost, and you will be able to attempt more by waiting or spending Prisma Orbs to go and battle again right away.

When choosing to attack an enemy or when being attacked, you will be subjected to the weapon triangle, to see whether your unit is at a disadvantage or not.

09qLm8j.png
1CIZTLM.png

Follow the colors and you will be okay.

Each character will also have their own unique set of stats, support skills, passive skills, and a unique ougi that will activate over a set number of turns.

For those who are busy on their commute, an auto-mode is also implemented so that an AI can move for you.

At the moment, there is just AI PvP. Actual PvP will be considered to be added at a later date.

Like most other smartphone games, there will be events to maintain player base and interest. These will be announced over time.

Tower of Training and Arena can be used to go gain experience and level up your units.

ARENA
Your AI PVP where you go fight AI units. We recommend that you do it with a party of Lv. 40 and at Lunatic, and prioritize getting a full 7 win streak.

If you can't, then getting a full 7 win streak is more important.

You get FEATHERS for scoring at least 4,000 points, ranking, and for defending.

GAUNTLET

A rigged popularity tournament where you can choose your vote and battle with who your favorite character of the pool is and hope they win for rewards.

99QrrvM.png

Here you can go and review a summary of all the heroes in your possession
C3q4BRXVYAAWvMn.jpg

From here you can adjust your party composition, learn skills, equip skills, level up, promote units, merge units, and delete units.

4099ad11be7dc3829ba6adcb3f393602.jpg
3acea16182a49c61f2fe85fe0a27283a.jpg

2* Upgrade: 20 Feathers
3* Upgrade: 200 Feathers
4* Upgrade: 2,000 Feathers
5* Upgrade: 20,000 Feathers

By partaking in story maps and missions, you will be able to collect insignias and feathers that can be used to limit break and upgrade your Heroes' rarity and stats. You can also do this through stacking multiple copies of the same Hero.

You can also gain feathers by deleting characters you don't want.

As you level up and upgrade your units, they will unlock new skills to help you in battle.

You can get a total of 6,000 feathers from missions this month from doing 140 total arena battles + 40 on hard + 20 on lunatic. It sounds like a lot, but over the span of 20 days it's not that bad.

You get 60 free reset swords over that span. And each mission tier gives you 10 swords, so another 90 battles on top of that if you spend it.

On top of that, you can get feathers from ranking.

So if you're able to hit the top 1,000 or 5,000 rank each week, you can get a total of at least 5,600 feathers each week you rank that high.

So combine that all, you can get at least 22,400 feathers each month if you try and put effort into it. Granted you need to win consistently, and you may need to spend orbs. But spending orbs to do this is a more than worth it investment if you're not strong enough.

That's pretty fair, Nintendo's learning how to run a smartphone game and listening at least.
Basically at Lv40, every character has a total base stat total and average stat total for all their stats.

For example a typical Ryoma's average stats is this
HP/AT/SP/DF/RS
41/50/35/27/20

At Lv40 you will always hit a majority of those stats and will always add up to his base stat total of 173.

However, some units have different stat parameters that alter 2 or more stats. But your stat totals will always hit their total.

My Ryoma is a +3 Speed/+1 Res/-4 Def unit.
41/50/38/24/21

His base stat total is still 173, it's just distributed differently. Most characters will have a +3/-3 distribution for two stats, or a neutral nature. In other rare cases, you might have a +4/-4 or have variations in multiple stats like +2/+2/-2/-2 in 4 stats.

You will always hit your base stat total though at Level 40 despite the stat variations.

The great thing about merging is that on top of extra SP, you can boost your maximum base stat total. Every +1 character you merge into another, your character gains +1 to 2 of their stats.

Every merge would bring their total base stat total up by 2. If you merge 10 characters, you get a total base stat increase of 20, and +4 to every single one of your stats including your nature.

So for example, my Ryoma if I merged my spare one into him his stats would be

42/50/39/23/21

He would gain +1 HP and +1 Speed, and his base stat total would be 175 instead of 173. He would also have a Lv40+1 next to his name to show that he was merged.

If her were to get a +10, his stats would total up to 183, and would look like this

45/54/42/27/25

That's a huge increase and devastate any kind of traditional check or counter to him because of the raw increase in stats.

However getting 10 duplicates of a single character is ridiculously hard because of draw rates and only whales do it.

It's really important to merge characters to reach a base stat total increase, but that increase is usually only noticeable after the +4 mark or so. A +1 helps in very close stat situations, but aren't you aren't going to dunk anyone anytime soon.

So merging is useful, at a certain point. Other times it's just as useful to run two duplicate characters on the same team. My double Ryoma team is really good because of that.

So my advice stands, hold onto them instead of reducing right away. Don't merge unless you legitimately have no need for them. Feathers aren't difficult to come by if you can rank every week.

NATURAL SELECTION SKILL INHERITANCE
As of March 13, we are now able to go sacrifice our formerly useless characters and use their dead remains to feed any other hero of YOUR CHOOSING.

How it works is through Skill Inheritance option, where you can sacrifice a unit into another and let them inherit up to 3 SKILLS that are learnable and passable at their respective star rank.

As such, some skills will be locked out and unable to pass down because they are only available to 5 star characters.

Some skills are also nonpassable, such as unique weapons, class specific skills and weapons (red/blue/green), and type specific skills, (Ward Fighter).

Dragon skills are all interchangeable.

FztpdG2.png

1484796177.jpg

5970fb999909400d8a2e17fe37e5d58c.jpg

You can earn Prisma Orbs to go spend and go bribe heroes from other worlds to join your cause.
You can spend real life ¥¥¥¥¥ and $$$$$ to go bribe even more heroes if you choose to do so.

Rates are: 3-Star: 61%, 4-Star: 36%, 5-Star: 3%

For every consecutive gacha draw, the orb requirement goes down

First Time: 5 Orbs
Second, Third, Fourth Times: 4 Orbs
5th Time: 3 Orbs

Guides, Optimization, and Rerolling?

Stat Calculator
Fire Emblem Heroes Discord
Quote to see Friend ID Google Doc.
https://fireemblem.gamewith.jp/
TBA

FAQ
Permadeath?
No.

Support/Relationship/Marriage?
Kancolle style to be added in a future update.
40b3476b3f1341dda0ceee33dc4deabe.gif

C2fXORaUoAEovwu.jpg

Thread will be updated over time to account for new information, patches, etc.

Thread will also be cleaned up when we can get more proper screenshots of every system and mechanic when the game releases later tonight.

I didn't think this game would have such lasting power, but the fact that it's so bite-sized and doesn't demand a ton of time is amazing.

I'm finally figuring out how deep the metagame is, and while I've got S+ and S-ranked heroes (Lucina, Azura, Linde, Takumi, Eirika, Effie, Nowi, Nino, ... and Camilla and Lyn, who've fallen off), I'm just starting to dig deeply into leveling and skill inheritance.

I'm afraid of making mistakes.

I gave Effie Pivot.

It's a start.

Replying to someone from the previous thread:
Yo, now that skill inheritance has made me lose my mind here are my 2 theorycrafted optimal units.

1. Eldigan: red sword cav (BST: 182)

weapon: Mystletainn(super killing edge)

support: swap/pivot/reposition(all used to guard fragile units)

special: noontime(most frequent healthsteal)

A: fury(boosts total stats by 12 but does damage)
B: quick riposte(patches up poor speed)
C: ward/hone/goad cavalry(great for a cav team)/savage blow(great for breaking up enemy defense and bringing 2hkos to ohkos)

Eldigan's self damage weakness and low speed are mitigated letting his insane BST for a 3 move unit can shine through

2. Jakob: thief (BST: 161)

weapon: poison dagger+(BROKEN)

support: rally res

special: moonbow(very frequent)

A: Close counter(requires close rangers to deal with poison dagger+)
B: Vantage(requires anyone who attacks him to tank with poison dagger+)
C: Threaten def/spd(makes him more deadly on enemy phase)

This kit maximizes poison dagger+ current broken nature, and puts it on the highest BST thief, not 100% sure close counter can be inherited however

Couple of things:
1. Base Stat Total is the sum of stats before factoring weapons and skills. Because inheritance wasn't a thing until recently and because the arena considers weapons and skills part of a unit's stats (and still does right now), everyone considered a unit's best weapon as part of their Base Stat Total. I suppose we fucked up here. >.>

1b. Even under the old definition, if you drop his Silver Dagger+ and Defense +3 in favor of Poison Dagger+ and Close Counter, Jakob would have a stat total of 153. :p

2. Poison Dagger may not be a weapon exclusive to Kagero, but the Atk required to make it work sure is! In that sense, I'd argue Kagero's the broken one here. Swap her weapon for a Silver Dagger and she's one point shy of hitting as hard as Takumi but with a Def debuff thrown in. Now, why she'd use a Silver Dagger instead of her Poison Dagger which hits infantry much harder, I have no clue, but I'm throwing that out there.

3. Threaten Def makes little sense. Any archer within range would've shot you already, meaning the Def debuff from Poison Dagger should've applied in retaliation. Said debuff is more severe and will override Threaten Def, not stack. This leaves melee infantry that ended their turn 2 tiles away and non-infantry that Poison Dagger won't work on. I find this use a bit niche, honestly.

4. Vantage is a great skill if you can score a one-shot as you'll avoid taking damage when you're already in a damaged state. There's just so few Jakob can one-shot though. :( Same goes for Kagero actually, but the list gets and bigger for her as you stack Hone Atk, Spur Atk, and a +Atk nature.

5. IIRC, yes, you can inherit Close Counter. :eek:

----

tl;dr: Rather than sacrifice Kagero, why not use Kagero?

As for Eldigan, swap Noontime for Sol. In a situation involving Quick Riposte and Eldigan's Misteltainn, both specials would go off at the exact same time. Other than that, I don't see anything wrong.

For reference:
Opponent -> Eldigan (Noontime charges here) -> Opponent (Sol charges here) -> Eldigan (Noontime and Sol are used here)

I've found myself actually getting more addicted to this game just recently. The support has been great.

(That said, still waiting on Tellius characters that aren't Sanaki)

Cerium

After some experimentation I think I like the Nino/Ninian/Eirika/Cordelia team. It's got an answer for everything.

I haven't merged anyone yet because I'm afraid of fucking up and wasting shit lol.

Sheena is probably going to get sacrificed for her Escutcheon and Svalinn Shield, but I'm not sure who the recipient is going to be.

And I haven't decided if I want to put Vantage or Brash Assault on Lyn. Vantage is probably better, but Brash Assault is more expendable for me.

Totakeke

The shields are unique to their own unit types I believe, so you don't have to think too much about potential recipients.

lt519

Hot diggity, new OT. Reposting from old OT:

Should I put Vantage on a ranged unit or a melee unit? I can put it on Robin/Nino if ranged is good? Seems rare that Nino would still be alive and under 75% HP. Robin on the other hand I use as a tank often so it's possible...but he's only going to counterattack against ranged right?

Edit: Also just got Kagero to level 40, now to decide what to merge into her. I'm having fun with my Kagero/Jaffar/Nino/Robin team but Hector wrecks it. Subbing Roy in for Nino seems to be really really solid.

Every time someone posted, "Oh shit! I got Ninian!" I go back and reroll and get fuck all. You Ninian getting mofos have cost me 60 orbs so far

Fuck this banner

7nFC6lu.gif

Ninferno

An OT2 for a mobile Gacha game, just how low has GAF sunk. Exit thread and go back to grind more SP for skill min-maxing

Mupod

Every time someone posted, "Oh shit! I got Ninian!" I go back and reroll and get fuck all. You Ninian getting mofos have cost me 60 orbs so far

Fuck this banner

7nFC6lu.gif

I'm at 3.75% appearance rate now, part of the problem is that I never see more than 1-2 blue orbs. I had one that was just 5 greys, god damn it. But yeah I think I'm at 70+ orbs on this one, still well under my average for finding 5* units but I just accept that I'm cursed.

I just want to move on from pulling blues, I don't need any more Robins or Subakis.

Cerium

The shields are unique to their own unit types I believe, so you don't have to think too much about potential recipients.

But she can't take hits. Might as well use the A slot for Life and Death or Death Blow.

Explosionnnnn

Okay people here is my predicament. I'm spending most of my free time in Hyrule these days so I haven't been able to keep up with the crazy new meta. I've just been focusing on leveling my new 5* and haven't been planning mergers or anything. Here's what I've got:

Someone tell me who should be getting sacrificed to who!

Related/Unrelated: I was playing Fates today, was on Chapter 23. After a bazillion hours of restarting I finally made it to Takumi. Effie brings him down to 1HP, I send Xerxes in to finish him. Xander has 98% hit chance, Takumi has 46% hit chance, 35% Vengeance chance, and 1% crit chance.

Xander misses, Takumi triggers Vengeance and a crit at the same time and instakills him.

Fuck Takumi, is what I'm saying.

Totakeke

Okay people here is my predicament. I'm spending most of my free time in Hyrule these days so I haven't been able to keep up with the crazy new meta. I've just been focusing on leveling my new 5* and haven't been planning mergers or anything. Here's what I've got:

Someone tell me who should be getting sacrificed to who!

Sacrifice everyone to Nino.

Cerium

Sacrifice everyone to Nino.

I'm upgrading her to 5* as soon as the season ends (she is +Spd -Res!) but I need skill suggestions.

I don't have anyone with Life and Death unfortunately.

Fury, Darting Blow, and Death Blow are possible candidates.

Totakeke

I'm upgrading her to 5* as soon as the season ends but I need skill suggestions.

First of all I don't know what characters you want to use. But vantage from Lon'qu to takumi and getting a 4* Hinata and giving fury 3 to ninian are choices I would make.

lt519

I'm upgrading her to 5* as soon as the season ends (she is +Spd -Res!) but I need skill suggestions.

Moonbow is fantastic as the special. Haven't put anything in the B slot or overridden any other slots.

Can anyone answer that question about Vantage. Is it better on a ranged or melee unit? Or does it not matter?

Cerium

First of all I don't know what characters you want to use. But vantage from Lon'qu to takumi and getting a 4* Hinata and giving fury 3 to ninian are choices I would make.

I see Nino/Ninian/Eirika as the core of my team. The fourth slot can be flexible.

Moonbow is fantastic as the special. Haven't put anything in the B slot or overridden any other slots.

Can anyone answer that question about Vantage. Is it better on a ranged or melee unit? Or does it not matter?

Thanks for that suggestion, I have a Palla who I can make 4* without much trouble so Moonbow seems viable! Gonna go with that.

Totakeke

I see Nino/Ninian/Eirika as the core of my team. The fourth slot can be flexible.

If you're only using Nino most of the time to attack, then my thoughts are:

1. Give Eirika a Rally skill to be even more of a buff bot, probably Rally Defense due to Nino's low defense. Oboro has it.
2. Give Nino a special. Moonbow is a good choice as it'll most likely activate on the second unit she hits.
3. Replace Nino's A passive, which is +3 res with something more offensive. There's Death Blow 2 from Hawkeye, or you can give her Fury 3.

Granted I don't play with these characters so I could be off base here.

Cerium

If you're only using Nino most of the time to attack, then my thoughts are:

1. Give Eirika a Rally skill to be even more of a buff bot, probably Rally Defense due to Nino's low defense. Oboro has it.
2. Give Nino a special. Moonbow is a good choice as it'll most likely activate on the second unit she hits.
3. Replace Nino's A passive, which is +3 res with something more offensive. There's Death Blow 2 from Hawkeye, or you can give her Fury 3.

Granted I don't play with these character so I could be off base here.

That's exactly the sort of advice I'm looking for.

If anyone has any other ideas I'd love to hear them.

Nino is definitely the crux of my offense but the others will be called upon to pull their weight depending on matchups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom