• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Truly Weird Stuff Showing Up in Steam Database (Halo, KOF13, other unlikely stuff)

derFeef

I don't know how to explain that one. Gears 2 was atrocious and no one liked it. Epic tried to change the gameplay to what they wanted Gears to be and didn't like the fast-paced, close quarters oriented style the multiplayer was in the first game.

The game was a mess and games would last ridiculously long. It would end up being long range stalemates because the Hammerburst was ridiculously OP and would 3 shot anyone. The game had a terrible netcode so host had an even bigger advantage than in 1.

I don't see how anyone can like Gears 2. While it does some things better than 3, it's not even close. 2 also had the worst maps of the trio.

Gears 2 was ok, but a bit of a bummer in terms of story and pacing. Gears 3 is generally a better game though - and looks fantastic (minus lacking AA).

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Fez <3

(It's confirmed for PC already, right?)

Sentenza

I wouldn't mind that at all but that's not going to happen.
Well, now that's unheard.
I wonder if there is a single game that has realistic chances of coming to PC at some point according to you, because even going back with my memory that's all I can remember you saying about... uhm... EVERYTHING EVER MADE.

"MGS on PC? That will never happen!"
"GTA V on PC? Dunno, I can't see Rockstar doing that"
"Platinum games will never be on PC".

and so on.

Eideka

Banned
Well, now that's unheard.
I wonder if there is a single game that has realistic chances of coming to PC at some point according to you, because even going back with my memory that's all I can remember you saying about... uhm... EVERYTHING EVER MADE.
Come on that's not fair. Some games have a solid shot at coming to PC but I don't think the same can be said for all games. Should they ? Hell yeah but for some reason publishers seem to think differently.
I'm just trying to be reasonable. I could see RDR releasing for PC back in 2010, I deemed that realistic and where is it now ? Yep, console exclusive.

"MGS on PC? That will never happen!"
"GTA V on PC? Dunno, I can't see Rockstar doing that"
"Platinum games will never be on PC".
and so on.

I remember you were the one convinced that MGS Ground Zeroes would be announced for PC, so far it has never been mentioned as a target platform. I'm not sure the audience for a MGS game is there on PC anyway but that will be a pleasant surprise if the game eventually comes to PC.
And if you are wondering I'm one of the pessimist who thinks that Alan Wake 2 is unlikely to release on PC alongside the Durango version, if at all.

Sentenza

I remember you were the one convinced that MGS Ground Zeroes would be announced for PC
I still am. I think it will come, because times are changing, Japanese companies are discovering a viable market and because Kojima is, for his own admission, a big PC fan.

But that's not even an argument about being being right or wrong, I'm just pointing how your predictions are all tremendously homogeneous.

Glass Rebel

I remember you were the one convinced that MGS Ground Zeroes would be announced for PC, so far it has never been mentioned as a target platform. I'm not sure the audience for a MGS game is there on PC anyway but that will be a pleasant surprise if the game eventually comes to PC.
And if you are wondering I'm one of the pessimist who thinks that Alan Wake 2 is unlikely to release on PC alongside the Durango version, if at all.

And you still have no basis to think that.

Eideka

Banned
I still am.
But that's not even an argument about being being right or wrong, I'm just pointing how your predictions are all tremendously homogeneous.

You are free to hope for whatever you deem possible, don't be surprised if you end up disappointed.

I don't mean to derail the thread but given that MS is involved and that they need to create momentum for their new console....That does not bode well for a hypothetical PC version.

M3d10n

Given that Microsoft has just launched their own walled-garden for Windows 8, I think it's next to impossible that they would allow something like Halo launch on a competitor's service. I'd happily be proven wrong though (Halo 3 with proper AA and 60 FPS on PC omgomgomg)

Porting big console games for the Windows 8 store is borderline impossible. The WinRT API is very limited: apps can't even create their own threads and networking options are limited.

Haunted

ValveTestApp215260 (Joe Danger 2: The Movie)
ValveTestApp223100 (Homefront 2)

???
Both no surprises.

Has been 5 months since Joe Danger 2's release and now that Crytek secured the Homefront IP, they can move forward with Homefront 2 development.

ArjanN

Both no surprises.

Has been 5 months since Joe Danger 2's release and now that Crytek secured the Homefront IP, they can move forward with Homefront 2 development.

Yeah, Joe Danger 2 was already officially announced for PC.

Well, Sony and MS will want to have at least a handful of exclusives for next-gen. I wouldn't be surprised if the PC version of Alan Wake 2 came out 3-6 months later.
For next-gen I expect pretty much anything that isn't moneyhatted to come to PC though.

Glass Rebel

I don't mean to derail the thread but given that MS is involved and that they need to create momentum for their new console....That does not bode well for a hypothetical PC version.

The history of the franchise doesn't support your theory though. They were involved with Alan Wake 1 as well. I still played it on my PC, same goes with American Nightmare. Fact is, Remedy owns the franchise and they've been very supportive of the PC audience. MS will most likely have an exclusive deal with them but it won't stay off PC for ever.

Cannot wait for Halo 3 on PC. It's kind of weird that a 5 year old game is now near the top of my most wanted list this year. It's going to look fantastic with good image quality and 60fps.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Viking: Battle for Asgard is another example. A 2008 console game finally getting a PC DD release almost 5 years later.

While the game was a boring as hell, I'm glad they bothered.

I thought Gears 3 was the one that everyone agreed sucked.

I didn't like it at least. Bullet sponges were no fun to shoot after playing Binary Domain.
I enjoyed all 3 Gears campaigns.

Pretty sure Remedy already said that they aren't ever going to wait on PC that long again. They already proved it with American Nightmare hitting the bare minimum amount of time after the XBLA version.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Pretty sure Remedy already said that they aren't ever going to wait on PC that long again. They already proved it with American Nightmare hitting the bare minimum amount of time after the XBLA version.

Microsoft ultimately has most of the bargaining power regarding AW2's exclusivity period seeing as it's funding development, but even so I don't see the game being Nextbox-exclusive for more than 6 months, and the profit generated from Alan Wake PC should be more than enough to cover a belated PC port of said sequel.

What if the game has that horrible 30fps animation lock like the first game...

I didn't find it to be a huge issue to be honest. A bit jarring when you notice it (particularly when driving a warthog), but it's not worth locking the whole thing to 30fps for.

I'd be more worried about a shit FOV in Halo 3.

So, I don't really understand how Steam groups work but how does a game get an 'official' group? The Halo 3 official group is still up even though the hub is down, and the hub still appears in searches.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So, I don't really understand how Steam groups work but how does a game get an 'official' group? The Halo 3 official group is still up even though the hub is down, and the hub still appears in searches.

I believe each game just gets an Official group added for it and it has a special marking to make it clear. Devs for the game usually moderate the group IIRC.

DocSeuss

Never bothered trying it, but considering the fierce dislike I had for the first one, I don't have a hard time believing you.
GoW as a saga is *completely* unappealing to me, while I enjoyed Halo to a reasonable extent.

I, for my part, have extreme dislike for the first game and absolutely love the second and third.

Grief.exe

I want the Gears trilogy on Steam :( does that make me bad?

Everyone wants to turn their brain off and play some dudebro games every once in a while.

Doesn't mean you've joined the lowest common denominator.

I guess the reason TERA made a disappear/reappearing act is the fact its going f2p today/tomorrow.

Tera is already on European Steam. I didn't know there were plans to bring it to other regions.

scitek

I hope that if they are porting Halo 3 that they also crack open the code for Halo 1 and code proper widescreen hud elements in and throw in online co-op.

I will pay good money for these ports and I would be shocked if they didn't jet to the topsellers immediately.

Does Halo 2 on PC have a proper widescreen HUD? I remember the game supported widescreen on Xbox, but the HUD was stretched.

Grief.exe

Really? You just blew through the hardest difficulty?

Going back through my achievements.

Beat it on casual on the 10th, then I played through multiplayer, then started insane on the 16th and beat it the next day.

I even remember specifically that portion in the "look at all that juice" thread wasn't particularly difficult.

Does Halo 2 on PC have a proper widescreen HUD? I remember the game supported widescreen on Xbox, but the HUD was stretched.

I haven't played the PC version but I have read that you couldn't even adjust the FOV, I have a feeling the HUD elements are fairly stretched.

Laranja

I'm not that familiar with how stuff like this works, but, if Halo ever hits Steam, will I be able to simply use my old CD-key to add the game to my collection and be able to play it without the CD?

Top Bottom