• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sneakers |OT| Hypebeasts We Know About Ya

Mr.Fresh

20130213_212419.jpg

Ah...one of my personal grails arrived today. Debating on whether or not to Seaglow/Retrobrite the soles.

How much you pay?

ryuen

You sure they are real?

Everything checks out. Carbon fiber is....carbon fiber, gap between the 23 on the back, basketball lines up with the gap between 2 and the 3, and the tag on the tongue falls inbetween the 3rd lace loop. Plus the soles are yellowing, which I think is a sure sign of a legit pair. If I got duped, then it's one hell of a job.

DSC_0452.jpg

DSC_0453.jpg

lol good luck to anyone trying to get Grape 5's
Last time it was impossible and I'm expecting worse this time

Also heard/read about thefts and murder over them a lot last time :/ smh

Everyone goes extra mad for them

lol good luck to anyone trying to get Grape 5's
Last time it was impossible and I'm expecting worse this time

Also heard/read about thefts and murder over them a lot last time :/ smh

Everyone goes extra mad for them
I expect it to be a bit easier this time around, last release was a LS release so there were less pairs made. GR this time.

Nice job on those Space Jams! That was great trade, i was trying the same thing with my extra pair of playoff 11s but no luck.

ryuen

Well...I flubbed my RSVP for Royal 1's at Niketown SF so now I'm banking on raffles & online on Saturday. I've never beasted this hard for a shoe.

Alucrid

Banned
MJ says thank you.

The Jordan Brand, a division of Nike, is responsible for the vast majority of MJ’s earnings. Jordan partnered with Nike after being drafted by the Bulls out of North Carolina in 1984. The original five-year deal was worth $500,000 annually, plus royalties. The terms of Jordan’s current deal with Nike are a closely guarded secret, but royalties now generate more than $60 million annually for MJ, according to sources.

Nearly 30 years later, the brand is still a marketing juggernaut. It controlled 58% of the basketball shoe market in 2012, according to research firm SportsOneSource. The Jordan Brand’s parent Nike was second with a 34% share, while Adidas (5.5%), Reebok (1.6%) and Under Armour (0.6%) divvied up the leftovers.

Link

Just wanna make a list of what I hope to get throughout this year. (as far as jordans go that is)

May 2013
Air Jordan V "Grape"
Air Jordan I "Black Toe"
Air Jordan VIII "Playoffs"

Fall 2013
Air Jordan III "Fire Red"
Air Jordan V "Fire Red"

Holiday 2013
Air Jordan XI "Space Jam" (rumor calls for chances of space jam retro again)

Things I would like to see in late 2013-2014
Air Jordan VI "Infrared" (hopefully with Nike Air)
Air Jordan V "Laney"
Air Jordan X city pack

May is gonna hit my wallet hard but rest of the year looks pretty empty.

bjscott05

Holiday 2013
Air Jordan XI "Space Jam" (rumor calls for chances of space jam retro again)

Can't say I've heard much about this. Would be surprising to see JB release these again so soon. I'm hoping they finally drop Columbia XI's this Christmas.

ryuen

If I get some Infrared VI's this year...oh lord. Black Cement III's with NA on the back seem to be a lock this year seeing how people lost their minds over the '88s.

Real talk though if I don't lock down a pair of Royals for retail by Saturday I'm gonna go fucking berserk.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
More stuff came in the mail...

Something is wrong with me, I've purchased like 8 pairs of shoes the last 2-3 weeks lol.

451834fc772011e2bf3622000a9f1886_7.jpg

65775aa2772011e2a5d622000a1e94d6_7.jpg

7b6ff4a4772011e2808622000a1f9aaf_7.jpg

ryuen

Guessing no one picked up stuff this morning? Woke up early and still missed out on the KD all stars :[

Was really on the fence about the KD's, but I made sure to not set my alarm for 4:55am. Exercising some sort of discipline for once was refreshing lol.

Jackthreads has these:

jt-sale_product

and some other Reeboks if anyone's interested. I don't follow sneakers too well but I thought someone might like to know

Wearing these today:

supra-cruzier.jpg

These are what I wear waiting for the re-release of the grape 5s, lol.

Hoping I can get those Royals tomorrow...

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Heard some rumblings about Supra sole quality not being great. Anyone worn pairs that can give perspective?

What's going on with finishline? They apparently wont have em tomorrow and I'm here ready with my winners circle rewards!

AGGHHHH

Jimmyjazz in 30 minutes (I think). NBA Store could be a sleeper for the Royals too. Good luck, everyone.

NBA store was great when I picked up the 13s last month, even charged me 160 instead of 170 for em, but I think they only share the links through their facebook page, found it on niketalk myself, but wont pop up on their site or by searching for em.

HoTHiTTeR

Got real lucky today on NDC. Picked up the KD V's, the LeBrons and the Lunar 1's. Hoping for the Barkleys tomorrow morning, but realistic in the fact that it probably won't happen. XIII's Squadron Blue came in today - way too 'Michigan' for my Norte Dame tastes, probably going back.

Top Bottom