• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

I might get this game solely to play as one poppori, it's hilarious. HILARIOUS

popori ftw
hzyy2.jpg

It's so hard for me to decide on a class to main. I get choice paralysis so easy in video games, and MMOs make it doubly so since getting a dude to max level is a relatively big investment. Whys my mind always gotta overthink things

Torraz

It's so hard for me to decide on a class to main. I get choice paralysis so easy in video games, and MMOs make it doubly so since getting a dude to max level is a relatively big investment. Whys my mind always gotta overthink things

Heh, totally know the feel. Choice paralysis is like my middle name :(.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

I'll help you!

Do you want to heal? Roll a mystic!

Do you want to tank? Roll a lancer!

Do you want to melee dps? Roll a slayer!

Do you want to range dps? Roll a sorc!

Do you want a guaranteed spot in a party? Roll a warrior!

Hobs

Neo Member
Had fun while the game worked but now I'm getting disconnected every 2-5 minutes. Apparently a lot of people from Canada, specifically Ontario are having problems staying connected :(

Trickster

I'll help you!

wut? Why are they a guaranteed spot in a party?

Squall516

Because they are nasty as hell. Might not reach the exact lvl of DPS as a slayer but they still do very good dps, along with being able to tank and hold aggro, and poison and apply debuffs. So they are very well rounded and are extremely useful in dungeons. Just got my War to lvl 30 and im loving it. Just got Traverse cut and blade draw or w.e they are called. Those skills just destroy people so fast lol ^_^

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I would say Lancer is the guaranteed spot.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Because if people are not stupid they bring a warrior to dps no matter what and if there are no lancers at the time the warrior can tank things just fine. The armor debuff is too good to pass up.
That's asking for a lot.

Is there any way to check if your applications have gone through? I've sent two to the VoT guild but haven't been accepted yet.

It was lagging for a while when I sent them so I think that might of had something to do with it.

EDIT: Nevermind, just got accepted! Thanks!

drkOne

I'll help you!

Heals? Priest. Mystic doesn't get many heal spells so a lot of the times you'll need to be dropping balls.

Shield tanking, Lancer. Dodge tanking, Warrior.

Fastest melee DPS, Warrior. Slower melee DPS, Slayer. Slowest, Berserker.

AoE Ranged DPS, Sorcerer. Single Target Ranged, Archer.

Guaranteed spot? Hmm, I'd say Lancer. You just shout you're a Lancer and everyone will want you in their party, simple as that. Mystics are also seeked after, but if a group gets a Priest they're safe anyway.

I'm sorry you rolled a zerker :( But hey at least you are not an archer! Do you even know why that's true? Or are you just saying LOL NO IMMA ZERKER I CRIT FOR LIKE A GAZZILLION DMG LOL
The stigma against Archers is pretty stupid. My average DPS rotation as a 40 Archer with +6 CR Yellow Bow is Poison(2-3k) -> Rapid(4k) (or Velik's when needed) -> Radiant (5~15k) -> Salvo (3k) -> Penetrating (8~28k)

22~55k in 15 seconds. I don't know how it compares to others, but if pulling aggro is a sign of it, I'm doing nice amounts of damage.

I'm running MP/5 red crystals now, but when I was using BAM stuff (crit from rear, dmg against bosses, etc) I could pull hate from Lancers any time I wanted.

Let's just say I rolled Archer expecting a challenge in turn to compete with other DPS classes, as I really wanted to play Archer, and I'm pretty satisfied with the outcome.
I've partied with Archers that don't stack Poison or ever use Velik's Mark (10% more damage on target), and even use Arrow, our first attack, which you should stop using once you get Rapid as it's faster for mana regeneration. Of course those Archers will be outputting around 200-300 per shot while doing a overcharged Penetrating that takes like 6 seconds to charge for 6k, not even taking into consideration how glyphs make our charged attacks much quicker if you do the right rotation(Poison->Radiant, Salvo->Penetrating). Yeah, people who never even try…

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I was doing over 100k damage in 15 seconds at 40 on a warrior. I'm pushing 150-200k in 15 secs at 48 at the moment.

My sorc friend was hitting for near 50k off a single hit at 42

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Uh, too bad Japan is banned from US TERA. Would be fun to actually play with somebody, not run around by myself in jTERA.

Scum

I was doing over 100k damage in 15 seconds at 40 on a warrior. I'm pushing 150-200k in 15 secs at 48 at the moment.

Good God! o_O
Enchanted gear from the CR place I keep hearing about?

Jackl

I'm doing maybe 40k+ damage within 10 second rotation at 44.

Amidoing it wrong or is Archer a lost cause outside of PvP?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
EDarkness uses a proxy i think.
I'm guessing - a proxy for the payment and VPN for playing.
Or is the game itself not region locked and the only thing preventing blocked countries for playing is not allowing people living there to actually buy the game/add it to the account?
Can anoyne answer that?

Kokonoe

Banned
Excuse me if this was mentioned, but if I only played with a buddy pass, do I have to purchase the full game or just pay monthly?

EDarkness

I'm guessing - a proxy for the payment and VPN for playing.
Or is the game itself not region locked and the only thing preventing blocked countries for playing is not allowing people living there to actually buy the game/add it to the account?
Can anoyne answer that?

The game (and pretty much everything associated with it) is region locked. I use a VPN to play from Japan, though I'm having a problem with signing up for a subscription at the moment and I don't know if it's them or me at the moment since everything is all wonky. Either way, you can't play the game unless you use VPN or something since logging on checks your IP. So far this has been a pretty good experience, but I have fiber and I'd like to be getting those speeds like I do with every other MMO out there.

It's something I wish they would relent on, because it would really make my life sooooo much easier. As I told someone earlier today, Blue Hole and everyone associated with this game simply do not want people to play their game. They have all these crazy restrictions, even in Japan. It's pretty amazing, actually.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
The game (and pretty much everything associated with it) is region locked. I use a VPN to play from Japan, though I'm having a problem with signing up for a subscription at the moment and I don't know if it's them or me at the moment since everything is all wonky. Either way, you can't play the game unless you use VPN or something since logging on checks your IP. So far this has been a pretty good experience, but I have fiber and I'd like to be getting those speeds like I do with every other MMO out there.

It's something I wish they would relent on, because it would really make my life sooooo much easier. As I told someone earlier today, Blue Hole and everyone associated with this game simply do not want people to play their game. They have all these crazy restrictions, even in Japan. It's pretty amazing, actually.
As for the subscription, I think I've read it's impossible to set up using a VPN. Maybe a normal proxy will do?
And the restrictions... To be frank, blocking connections from outside Japan is a usual practice here and most MMO publishers do it. It's what En Masse did that I don't get at all. Why restrict people from Japan? It's not like they'll go and farm gold or something.
Maybe it's because there is a jTERA and they don't want to let people run away from it. But that too wouldn't make sense, since we can play on euTERA...
I've written what I think about this IP block here and I guess it's about all we can do. Doubt it will change anything, but...

EDarkness

As for the subscription, I think I've read it's impossible to set up using a VPN. Maybe a normal proxy will do?
And the restrictions... To be frank, blocking connections from outside Japan is a usual practice here and most MMO publishers do it. It's what En Masse did that I don't get at all. Why restrict people from Japan? It's not like they'll go and farm gold or something.
Maybe it's because there is a jTERA and they don't want to let people run away from it. But that too wouldn't make sense, since we can play on euTERA...
I've written what I think about this IP block here and I guess it's about all we can do. Doubt it will change anything, but...

Well, you and I are on the same page. My problem is that Hangame in Japan does everything in their power to keep English players from playing. They even block you if you're not using Japanese Windows which is silly as hell. So even playing the JP version of TERA is a pain in the ass if you're an English speaker. Not to mention the downright criminal cost of the thing. I was hoping that En Masse would help those of us who can't really play in the region we're in. However, they have some silly blocks in place to keep people from playing and giving them money. I've been able to play just about every U.S. MMO out there (WoW, SWTOR, DDO, LotRO, EVE, etc.) in Japan with no problems, however TERA blocks people. It's frustrating, but something I think they'll end up backing away from at some point. If J-TERA was more accommodating, then I could see why they'd try to keep people there, but it's not.

The real downer is that the EU version is totally open and will allow JP players to jump in with no problems. I would go that route, but it just seems like the NA version would be a better fit. Ugh. Frustrating.

Rinoa

Some things peeps taught me that aren't really mentioned anywhere:

- to share while gathering, gather at same time
- to focus on other people/npc/mons, shift+click on em

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Well, you and I are on the same page. My problem is that Hangame in Japan does everything in their power to keep English players from playing. They even block you if you're not using Japanese Windows which is silly as hell. So even playing the JP version of TERA is a pain in the ass if you're an English speaker. Not to mention the downright criminal cost of the thing. I was hoping that En Masse would help those of us who can't really play in the region we're in. However, they have some silly blocks in place to keep people from playing and giving them money. I've been able to play just about every U.S. MMO out there (WoW, SWTOR, DDO, LotRO, EVE, etc.) in Japan with no problems, however TERA blocks people. It's frustrating, but something I think they'll end up backing away from at some point. If J-TERA was more accommodating, then I could see why they'd try to keep people there, but it's not.

The real downer is that the EU version is totally open and will allow JP players to jump in with no problems. I would go that route, but it just seems like the NA version would be a better fit. Ugh. Frustrating.
Yeah, that Japanese Windows thing was really weird. But well, thanks to that I've been using jWindows ever since (played the open beta from outside Japan).
My biggest gripe with eTERA is the possible lag. I don't believe it would be comfortably playable from here, plus the time difference sucks too.

drkOne

Well, both from the CR videos I've seen and the groups I've gotten, that's not you're usual DPS looking for a group.

As I said, I changed my crystals, which reduces damage to about half. I wasn't able to keep my rotation without pulling aggro, and that didn't seem the way to go. I assume that you would also be pulling aggro with that damage, and it's true that isn't as dangerous to pull hate as a Warrior as it is as an Archer.

I'm pretty sure I could pull 50k with the right crystals, which I haven't bothered with yet… The question would be, why?

At 40 I see my damage of my Archer being capped by the ability to keep threat of our tank. Seems pretty good.

On other news, went 4-0 roaming the areas around Velika while looking for DGKK and Fairy Tail. Just realized I spent 3 hours on it and it was quite fun.

Top Bottom