• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT2| You're thinking how much you want to **** this game aren't you?

NEO0MJ

Hah, good luck on that. I don't know why Squenix seems to be trying their best to sabotage the PC port lol. Which is doing well despite all that.

To be fair, SE try to sabotage all their PC ports. Between SE and TK, Dragon Quest Warriors was the perfect self sabotage storm

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I'm now at the point you fight
adam/eve in the underground cave area
. Returned to the bunker and now have access to what is the fast travel system which is great timing because I was getting tired of having to run all the way back and forth between areas.

I've still got the starting sword and upgraded it. Have a spear too now. I've bought all the chip unlock spaces except the last 24. A few of the chips are fused but I really don't know what I'm doing or what ones to use. For example there is a Taunt Up chip which boosts both player and enemy damage or something and I don't quite get why I should use it...if my damage goes up 180% and so does enemies then why?

So far I find the side quests feel rather bare bones. Not much thought is needed for them and they just feel short and simple. As for the main quest story I'm not really hooked yet...
from what i can tell is aliens attacked earth so humans fled to the moon and have set up the android bunkers above earth that send down androids to fight the aliens. adam/eve turn up. We find out there are aliens underground and they are dead.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Spent all day going through Path B, and, damn, that was intense.

About how long does it take to complete the rest of the game following the story?

Apparently there is. I think you can buy it in the camp in Route B? But I'm not entirely sure, as I completely missed it myself, lol.

Yep, just found it---it shows all the drop items, and the chests appear as green blocks---the same icon as the Save Points I believe, but it's pretty helpful.

I've got 80% of the Quests done, enough to get the Trophy. Only Route A and B Quest I have left is the one where you have to find all the Old World stuff for Pascal, which the Treasure Locator will help with. Probably save that till I beat the story.

LotusHD

Banned
I'm now at the point you fight
adam/eve in the underground cave area
. Returned to the bunker and now have access to what is the fast travel system which is great timing because I was getting tired of having to run all the way back and forth between areas.

I've still got the starting sword and upgraded it. Have a spear too now. I've bought all the chip unlock spaces except the last 24. A few of the chips are fused but I really don't know what I'm doing or what ones to use. For example there is a Taunt Up chip which boosts both player and enemy damage or something and I don't quite get why I should use it...if my damage goes up 180% and so does enemies then why?

So far I find the side quests feel rather bare bones. Not much thought is needed for them and they just feel short and simple. As for the main quest story I'm not really hooked yet...
from what i can tell is aliens attacked earth so humans fled to the moon and have set up the android bunkers above earth that send down androids to fight the aliens. adam/eve turn up. We find out there are aliens underground and they are dead.

It's all about the narrative value where the sidequests are concerned. As for the main story, just enjoy the ride.

Spent all day going through Path B, and, damn, that was intense.

About how long does it take to complete the rest of the game following the story?.

Are you done with Route B? If so, I guess the rest is maybe another 8-10 hours last I checked? Depends on the sidequests and what not that you do as well of course.

Watch Da Birdie

So I can probably beat it tonight---yeah, think I might hold off on these quests and get the narrative done first.

Recommended level for beating the plot? I'm 61 right now.

max_505

Got ending E. I have a question.

Does deleting your save data actually help another player finish the final shooting sequence? It's impossible to finish it without the help of others, so did the first player to reach that part not finish it since there wasn't any help?

I actually thought the game was kidding when it said it would delete the data. Welp. Now I have to play the whole game again to get the platinum trophy. No worries, though. I'll be glad to play through it again since
the game is excellent.

I have no words. It was a very unique experience and I'm glad I got to play it.

LotusHD

Banned
Got ending E. I have a question.

Does deleting your save data actually help another player finish the final shooting sequence? It's impossible to finish it without the help of others, so did the first player to reach that part not finish it since there wasn't any help?

I actually thought the game was kidding when it said it would delete the data. Welp. Now I have to play the whole game again to get the platinum trophy. No worries, though. I'll be glad to play through it again since
the game is excellent.

I have no words. It was a very unique experience and I'm glad I got to play it.

It does!

That said, we don't really know what happens to the first ever player to beat the game.
Maybe there's some dummy accounts or something.

On the bright side, the 2nd time around, you get to see all the hints scattered around relating to the truth of 2B and 9S' relationship. I recommend doing the majority of the sidequests as well lol

NEO0MJ

It does!

That said, we don't really know what happens to the first ever player to beat the game.
Maybe there's some dummy accounts or something.

I'm like 99% sure most of them are dummy accounts, lol. You need at least six players to have beaten the game to get the full shield, and chances are some of them will die helping you.
Still, it's a pretty cool idea that works wonderfully in the moment.

max_505

Well, beat the game.

Um...ooops.

Made the same reaction. Well worth it, though.
Unless you're going for the plat.

To podcast listeners out there, can you give me some Nier: Automata spoilercast (or even review) episodes for me to listen to? I just want to bask in this game for the next couple of days.

LotusHD

Banned
Made the same reaction. Well worth it, though.
Unless you're going for the plat.

To podcast listeners out there, can you give me some Nier: Automata spoilercast (or even review) episodes for me to listen to? I just want to bask in this game for the next couple of days.

Only one I know of, not really a podcast guy lol

https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/art...-alex-navarro-joins-us-to-spoil-nier-automata

---

There's also this you could read through, with the former offering a bunch of supplementary material:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nier/wiki/lore

https://tanoshimi.xyz/2017/03/21/violet-evergarden-spoilers/

Watch Da Birdie

It seemed like a bluff lol.

I was smiling the whole time and going "yeah, this is a test of character---I'm such a great guy" and then, well, I was like oh fuck. Not even mad though, I don't really replay games like this that often and I put in 30 hours and did most of the side quests so I feel it was worth it.

Ruuppa

Just finished it. Felt some real goddamn emotion at the end there, especially when
the chorus kicks in once you accept the help.

Well and truly satisfied with the ending.

Haven't finished route A yet. Someone explain this to me.

I had a lot of chips equiped in the Set Type A. A lot of enemy drops + chips, amongst others.

I check my skills configuration for the first time in a while... and all of my equiped chips (besides the OS ones) are gone. They aren't just not equipped; they are not in my inventory.

What the hell is this?

My chips installed in the Set Type B are still there.

LotusHD

Banned
This game isnt boring at all!!! This is very fun!

Glad you're getting more into it.

Haven't finished route A yet. Someone explain this to me.

I had a lot of chips equiped in the Set Type A. A lot of enemy drops + chips, amongst others.

I check my skills configuration for the first time in a while... and all of my equiped chips (besides the OS ones) are gone. They aren't just not equipped; they are not in my inventory.

What the hell is this?

My chips installed in the Set Type B are still there.

Did you... die twice?

If you die once, your old body will be left wherever you died, with your equipped chips still stuck on said old body. You have to retrieve them. If you die before doing so (Like Souls games), you lose them permanently. If that's the case, may want to reload an earlier save file, assuming it wasn't too far back.

Did you... die twice?

If you die once, your old body will be left wherever you died, with your equipped chips still stuck on said old body. You have to retrieve them. If you die before doing so (Like Souls games), you lose them permanently. If that's the case, may want to reload an earlier save file, assuming it wasn't too far back.

...what

fuck this shit

Does the fucking game even explain this? I only use auto-save.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Regarding side quests do I need to do them all during this playthrough or can I do some now and do some on the next playthrough. I'm still not quite feeling them and want to focus more on the main story. I'm at the part where
Pascal tells you about the other machines in the forest that can be hostile

The last side quests I done were
Lost Girl, one for Jackass, and the inventor. I found the girl in the desert and almost quit because I thought I had to guide her back to the Village but I stuck with it and was relieved that she eventually went back on her own. As for the Jackass quest...she wants to collect data but she wants me to kill those enemies within 30 secs and take NO damage! I have no idea how I am meant to do that. I just gave up after about 10 tries as it's just not possible right now. Maybe I'll return when I'm more powerful. The inventer machine...I have no idea what to do. He wants investment and I've gave him 16,000 so far. Not sure if it's worth giving him more.

I've not yet managed to upgrade my weapons further. I don't know where to go to get the parts I need. Also I don't know what weapons to buy. I'm struggling to find money aswell especially with that last side quest I mentioned.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The quests you mentioned can be done in B, yes.

If the sidequests aren't hooking you there's nothing wrong with dropping them.

Money is just dropped from enemies so you can just find a cluster to farm, but you really don't need to. Remember that some items are purely for selling. It'll tell you that it's good for selling in the description.

Hektor

...what

fuck this shit

Does the fucking game even explain this? I only use auto-save.

About that

C6kIjkZXUAAx4LQ.jpg

You might want to pay some more attention to tutorial messages

Withnail

Does anybody know what the colours mean on the plug in chips? I.e. why are some of them red, are they damaged? Can't find this explained anywhere.

DFPVKrVVoAAFvmM.jpg:small

LotusHD

Banned
Does anybody know what the colours mean on the plug in chips? I.e. why are some of them red, are they damaged? Can't find this explained anywhere.

DFPVKrVVoAAFvmM.jpg:small

It doesn't matter, but I think it might be just simply corresponding to the type of chip it is. Like color-coded for offense, defense, support, etc. Not entirely sure, because as I said, it wasn't really worth paying attention to.

Withnail

It doesn't matter, but I think it might be just simply corresponding to the type of chip it is. Like color-coded for offense, defense, support, etc. Not entirely sure, because as I said, it wasn't really worth paying attention to.

OK cool. I'm pretty sure they weren't like that before which is why I thought they were damaged, but I'm still getting the stat boosts from having them equipped so it's fine. Thanks!

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Alright I think I'm hooked on this game now! The areas are amazing and the soundtrack compliments them all. I just did the
Forest Castle area and met A2. The game is heavily hinting something shady about Yorha going on
but I think this may be what I got spoiled so I think I know what the big reveal is gonna be.

Right now I'm seriously struggling for money. I've fused some skills and upgraded my weapons. I just want 30,000 to unlock the last 24 skill slots. I'm absolutey destroying enemies so I guess I'll keep my current chips for now and try save up. I have been using G Luck but not noticing much more money coming in.

LotusHD

Banned
Alright I think I'm hooked on this game now! The areas are amazing and the soundtrack compliments them all. I just did the
Forest Castle area and met A2. The game is heavily hinting something shady about Yorha going on
but I think this may be what I got spoiled so I think I know what the big reveal is gonna be.

Right now I'm seriously struggling for money. I've fused some skills and upgraded my weapons. I just want 30,000 to unlock the last 24 skill slots. I'm absolutey destroying enemies so I guess I'll keep my current chips for now and try save up. I have been using G Luck but not noticing much more money coming in.

Sell your shit. Anything than says it can be exchanged for money (including Machine Cores, but don't sell your Desert Roses), sell it.

I'm on the third playthrough.

There was a fucking moose stuck on the bridge leading to the commercial center, blocking my path. Was this normal?

edit: great. Now I'm dead and I have to start over this extremely frustrating section of the game.

edit2: holy fucking shit I almost threw the controller at the TV. How the fuck do I pass this fucking shitty section?

edit3: got it. Jesus Christ. Fuck this part of the game. There was no moose this time. I took a screenshot of it the last time, and I would share it with you if the PS4's media capabilities weren't so shit.

edit4:
Most, if not all, of the emotional reaction I should have gotten from 2B's death was lost on me because of how irritated I was at the game. Man. Talk about a bummer.
I have no fucking clue how that section of the game made it past QA.

Mediking

Camera angles and its presentation is really the best thing about this game so far. Playing with depth and how you run around in areas is really the most impressive I can say.

Really hopes 2B's personality starts to shine more. I don't know if she's tsundere or not. Lol

9S is cool so far.

LotusHD

Banned
I'm on the third playthrough.

There was a fucking moose stuck on the bridge leading to the commercial center, blocking my path. Was this normal?

edit: great. Now I'm dead and I have to start over this extremely frustrating section of the game.

edit2: holy fucking shit I almost threw the controller at the TV. How the fuck do I pass this fucking shitty section?

edit3: got it. Jesus Christ. Fuck this part of the game. There was no moose this time. I took a screenshot of it the last time, and I would share it with you if the PS4's media capabilities weren't so shit.

edit4:
Most, if not all, of the emotional reaction I should have gotten from 2B's death was lost on me because of how irritated I was at the game. Man. Talk about a bummer.
I have no fucking clue how that section of the game made it past QA.

Here's some levity for ya, you seem stressed: (Major Route C spoilers, just so others know) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AUxhFG3Ml4

i have sold stuff. not got desert roses yet.

edit: also should i buy the "3C3C1D119440927" DLC?

Hm, beat the game, then decide. Personally I didn't feel that it was worth the cost, despite this being my GOTY, so I didn't bother.

rpcdrag0n

Got to the point in playthrough 3 when the flying caterpillar thing made up of a load of balls attacks and it is annoying as hell. I could see straight away that all enemies were about 10 levels above me when the playthrough started but I thought I'd get through it with enough healing but nope, was taking so long to kill it with rockets that I got bored and reckless.

Tempted to drop the difficulty as I'm at the point now that I'd just like to conclude the story - unless anyone has any tips?!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
That's the most bullshit fight in the game yeah.

Not much to it it than dodge a lot, move a lot, and stock up on health items.

That's the worst of it though, if it's any comfort.

LotusHD

Banned
Got to the point in playthrough 3 when the flying caterpillar thing made up of a load of balls attacks and it is annoying as hell. I could see straight away that all enemies were about 10 levels above me when the playthrough started but I thought I'd get through it with enough healing but nope, was taking so long to kill it with rockets that I got bored and reckless.

Tempted to drop the difficulty as I'm at the point now that I'd just like to conclude the story - unless anyone has any tips?!

Could either put it on Easy and quickly get through it. Or abuse B-Mode by equipping chips that heal you upon attacking enemies and wail on it repeatedly.

Ascheroth

I felt... indifferent towards it? I dunno, I just used B-Mode and went ham lol
It looked very impressive and after being overleveled as hell from doing all the sidequests and breezing through everything I appreciated something a little challenging, lol.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Same lol

What route are you in? Route A?

my first playthrough.

i mean for this playthrough. i know there are 3 playthroughs. i don't know if i want to play through it 3 times. i'll decide when i do this one because i've some major points spoiled and it's kinda bumming me out.

Top Bottom