• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumour] 3DS 2013 lineup leaked by Spanish Paper Mario event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a list of "We hope this stuff is coming, but we don't know for sure that it's not, SO GET HYPE"

That's what I suspect, since this doesn't look to be fake right now. Not like Nintendo's regional European subsidiaries have never released inaccurate/unconfirmed information before.

http://www.viciojuegos.com/noticia/Asistimos-a-la-presentacion-de-Paper-Mario-Sticker-Star/30658

DSCF3312.JPG

It seems Nintendo showed this slide at the end of the presentation
Why are some of the titles bolded while others aren't?

Edit: Oh wait, they're trying to alternate. What a weird presentation style :/

Eusis

Possibly, but the VNs that tend to work localized also tend to have more gamey/interactive elements than the straight VNs that are just reading and a few choices. Phoenix Wright is fairly interactive throughout, and Zero Escape has puzzles. I think I actually remember an Aksys rep commenting in one thread that they weren't really looking at a specific title because it was just reading without gameplay elements, and those don't fly here. I admit I'm not sure how interactive TT is specifically, though.
Well, it IS Level 5, so it wouldn't surprise me if they tried to get some real gameplay in or at least strong enough presentation that it leans closer to Heavy Rain than, say, 999's novel bits. Though I do imagine that to get the "reading only" games you'd need some breakout titles, especially since not many came before (and many before hand were kind of pandering anyway as I recall, which I certainly wouldn't care for)
Fake. No way Project X Zone is coming. EX Troopers has been more or less denied a Western release by Capcom themselves too, and didn't the Bravely Default devs say something similar?
Well, like said I think Ex Troopers was "no plans" which isn't really the same as "will not bring out here", while Bravely Default was even more optimistic there with the guy talkinga bout looking at how to bring it over here. But yeah, it's TOO good of a list, at best I expect about two of them stay in Japan.
Why are some of the titles bolded while others aren't?
I think it's just to keep the names distinct, notice how it switches between each title reliably?

Looking at the list again, I will admit that Senran Kagura and/or Burst not being on there makes it a bit more believable. But still, doubtful at best.

EX Troopers? Didn't Capcom already confirm it would not be localized?

Capcom also say there's a future for Megaman on handhelds and consoles. Don't believe their lies.

If that list is true, I don't think there's one single game I couldn't see buying. I'm really concerned there's only three first party Nintendo titles on there... makes me think they'll stretch the releases out, meaning we might not see Animal Crossing until this time next year O.O

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Would love love love to see X-Zone and Bravely Default actually make it out in English somehow. About the X-Zone licensing issues.. well Namco USA and Capcom USA already had to work together to get the SF/Tekken issues resolved I'd imagine, so there is some precedent. And I'm sure SEGA US will agree to whatever just to get some more money :p

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
EX Troopers? Didn't Capcom already confirm it would not be localized?

Well they said they had no plans at the present. So there's that. But it's definitely a game made for the Japanese audience and one that doesn't seem like localization was in mind when they made it.

RedSwirl

Maybe all those X Zone properties don't have the same licensing problems in Europe that they have in North America?

Nezzhil

Capcom also say there's a future for Megaman on handhelds and consoles. Don't believe their lies.

If that list is true, I don't think there's one single game I couldn't see buying. I'm really concerned there's only three first party Nintendo titles on there... makes me think they'll stretch the releases out, meaning we might not see Animal Crossing until this time next year O.O

ono.jpg

Well, we haven't heard back from Nintendo so I guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow for an official response.

The picture itself is real and the Nintendo PR did say that those games were coming next year. But the guy who went to the event strongly believes that there must have been a misunderstanding and those games was just a way of saying "look at these strong titles guys, hopefully we bring one out of five games!". Omar probably just made a mistake.

As others have said earlier in the thread, regional Nintendo offices have given mistaken information, and such a schedule would be probably revealed in a Nintendo Direct or a NoE press release.

I'll post again as soon as we hear back from Nintendo.

'Tis what I was referring to good sir.

Well, we haven't heard back from Nintendo so I guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow for an official response.

The picture itself is real and the Nintendo PR did say that those games were coming next year. But the guy who went to the event strongly believes that there must have been a misunderstanding and those games was just a way of saying "look at these strong titles guys, hopefully we bring one out of five games!".

As others have said earlier in the thread, regional Nintendo offices have given mistaken information, and such a schedule would be probably revealed in a Nintendo Direct or a NoE press release.

I'm sorry, you wouldn't cocktease Japan only games at an Official Nintendo event. This is a company that copy & pasted Japan Nintendo Directs for Europe but cut all the references to Monster Hunter and Project X Zone out.

Javier

This is the same Nintendo Spain that for a while said in their site that the GBA Ambassador titles weren't going to be out until 2012.

I'm sorry, you wouldn't cocktease Japan only games at an Official Nintendo event. This is a company that copy & pasted Japan Nintendo Directs for Europe but cut all the references to Monster Hunter and Project X Zone out.

If this event was put together by NOE central, I'd agree. But it was held by one of their regional offices, so there could well have been much less oversight as to what was presented.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Err, I don't believe titles like Time Travellers and Project X Zone would be "strong". They're pretty desired from a little niche for sure, but between "desired from a little niche" and "strong", there's a big difference. Not that I'm doubting Nintendo european branches released wrong schedules in the past, but that interpretation doesn't sound right.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
'Tis what I was referring to good sir.

I agree.
If this slide was shown at an official event, I strongly believe that NoE is working on the localization of those titles.
Of course, the official reply to our inquiry will be: "We haven't officially announced anything about those titles, please stay tuned"

Can't wait for January NoE Direct!

The picture itself is real and the Nintendo PR did say that those games were coming next year. But the guy who went to the event strongly believes that there must have been a misunderstanding and those games was just a way of saying "look at these strong titles guys, hopefully we bring one out of five games!". Omar probably just made a mistake.

PLEASE BE TRUE !! :(

I want to believe that it's true, because Bravely Default and Time Travelers are both games I really want to play in English, but my fake senses are tingling. Especially with Project X Zone.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Gee, a bunch of titles we already knew about, what a scoop.

Err, I don't believe titles like Time Travellers and Project X Zone would be "strong". They're pretty desired from a little niche for sure, but between "desired from a little niche" and "strong", there's a big difference. Not that I'm doubting Nintendo european branches released wrong schedules in the past, but that interpretation doesn't sound right.

Who knows. They're taking the risk on Monster Hunter, which historically hasn't sold great in Europe (well nowhere near the system selling hit it is in Japan), so anything could (and hopefully will) happen.
I agree.
If this slide was shown at an official event, I strongly believe that NoE is working on the localization of those titles.
Of course, the official reply to our inquiry will be: "We haven't officially announced anything about those titles, please stay tuned"

Can't wait for January NoE Direct!

The 3DS schedule for next year is looking surprisingly quiet as it is really. I'm worried they're going to stretch out Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion 2 and Animal Crossing over twelve months and that'll be our first party range next year :(

Gee, a bunch of titles we already knew about, what a scoop.

You know full well why if this is true it's a big scoop.

If this is true and not a misunderstanding (because the power point itself was true), Nintendo España is bringing the goods, and and amazing line up for NoE in 3DS next year.

Nintendo España, how I love your new self.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
THIS !

The overloaded design on the right with so much free space on the left don't make ANY sense

It's just been said the presentation really happened, guys. But also that we can't say the list is reliable yet.

Even on some spanish froums dont know really if its confirmed to release europe list or only a slip of Nintendo España.
We will probably have any confirmation tomorrow. is 10:30 pm here.

Eusis

Maybe I'm too late but
It has always been Phoenix Wright and Ace Attorney in Europe. Not Ace Attorney Phoenix Wright.
Phoenix Wright was the prominent name initially. Then like a month after that came out here they announced the next game wasn't going to star Phoenix Wright, and they flipped it around. I suppose it might be more appropriate to call it Phoenix Wright 4 if you're not going to use Ace Attorney, not unless the Layton crossover gets treated as Phoenix Wright 4 instead.
Well they said they had no plans at the present. So there's that. But it's definitely a game made for the Japanese audience and one that doesn't seem like localization was in mind when they made it.
Well, it doesn't seem as exclusively Japanese as some games are, but then again this may be a case of hitting too many bases too weakly here. Those who like anime may be more disposed to JRPGs or something bigger on consoles, those who want hardcore action will hone in on consoles, and same for the multiplayer. I'm guessing as a result it's somewhat paradoxically harder to market than a niche RPG would've been, nevermind if the gameplay IS Monster Hunter-esque as I recall hearing, that really could doom it here.
This is the same Nintendo Spain that for a while said in their site that the GBA Ambassador titles weren't going to be out until 2012.
... I don't know if that makes me more confident or less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom