• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| February 2017 All You Need is Love (and Rockets)

TheFlow

Banned
So I read Black Panther #11. it was also my first comic I read in about a month.

problem the most action packed issue of the series, and probably my least favorite too.

I have to re-read it again. lot of stuff was happening.

I like the current She-Hulk book a lot, and I was very skeptical on the premise. It's very introspective and I like the story so far. This week's issue was kinda slow, but I'm still into it. Tamaki is doing a great job at setting the tone.

JLA #1 was good too btw. Very solid team book so far with a fun cast. Fun reading this alongside Morrison's run since both of them have an initial arc with the team fighting a group of aliens.

Don't worry, Messi. These people just have terrible taste in comics.
I loved #1 and #2. Haven't read #3 yet, but I feel like it's done a fantastic job of dealing with what she's going through, though there's definitely got to be a point where we really see her break on panel. We're seeing her chip away and wear down her already very fragile foundation. The building will collapse, I'm just not a fan of the plot thread running.

But I haven't read #3

VanWinkle

Were there a lot of deluxe editions/ohcs released by DC pre Rebirth for their regular superhero comics?

Not TOO many. Certainly not nearly as much as Marvel.

Here are the ones I have:

F5h7gNH.jpg

quyNfPw.jpg

Top 5 favorite Bat family members!

1. Dick Grayson
2. Tim Drake (primarily as Robin, but his stint as Red Robin in Detective was rockin', but I haven't read him as RR in anything else)
3. Cassandra Cain
4. Kate Kane (more recently due to Detective, but still)
5. Barbara Gordon (primarily as Oracle)

Honorable mention: Huntress (Helena Bertinelli)

TheFlow

Banned
1.Dick
2.Nightwing
3.grayson
4.Richard
5.John

He is the greatest and jack of all trades. The OG and the only who can take over as the bat.

gabbo

I'm still getting caught up on a backlog, just finished Howard the Duck vol2 TPB, and... what? Does Zdarsky finish all of his arcs by inserting himself into the story because he doesn't know how to end things properly and he's trying to be funny? He and Fraction did it with Sex Criminals, but this stood out more and really kinda let me down on an otherwise great book.

MartyStu

Jesus, all these bad lists.

1. Alfred
2. Barbara (Oracle only)
3. Jason (Mostly his introduction as Red Hood and the recent run)
4. Cass
5. Steph

Kate, Damian and Dick are honorable mentions.

mreddie

Fix is gud.

Champions MU...WHAT IS THIS? A GOOD CHAMPIONS BOOK?

Moon Girl: Wow, this book and ChampionsMUU have one odd parallel.

Owzers

Howard the Duck #9: I remember why i dropped you, didn't care for the
mojo story
at all really. Not awful, but it's no Gwenpool

I have used my Hyper X Cloudx headphones a bit now and remember someone asking to post thoughts when i was doing the headphone dilemma before. The volume control thing is trash, if you use it it will drop sound from one ear often and you have to fiddle with it to get it back, i'd rather they not have the volume control at all than for it to be this awful. They weight a bit more than i expected coming from the Bose AE2, but the sound quality seems fine and i do like the padding on the ears and top, they also don't clamp much. Overall...i dunno...that volume rocker is so bad.

Steve Rogers 12...

My boy Taskmaster getting captured by generic Goons while Steve solos against a robot that gave the entire Fantastic Four trouble. The plot armor is real. Interested to see where this goes though and if it means Tony will have a major role in the arc.

caliph95

Steve Rogers 12...

My boy Taskmaster getting captured by generic Goons while Steve solos against a robot that gave the entire Fantastic Four trouble. The plot armor is real. Interested to see where this goes though and if it means Tony will have a major role in the arc.

I didn't even think it would take it this quick for them to get caught i thought it would be at least an issue more. Was i wrong i assumed Eliza was manifestation of Kobik due to the imagery in order to get steve in hydra, but i guess she was an actual person.

The amount of Dick on this page is a beautiful sight.

Hey remember when Kyle Higgins was gonna give him a sidekick during the New 52 run? I'm actually a little disappointed that didn't happen.

I never got why Hawkeye poses became a thing. Look at that second page, ffs. That is downright gratuitous.

BaasRed

Banned
Whoever recommended me Ultimate Spider-Man: thank you very much dude.
I just got to MJ breaking up with Peter, sad :(

It's so amazing to finally read comics since they barely exist here. I currently have Marvel Unlimited so any Marvel comics y'all recommend? I need some variety so I don't burn out on Spidey :D

Just finished my first meeting with my new psychotherapist. Much better than the last one. Will be nice to get home and read some books later.

Top Bottom