• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Versus coming west to PS4 this fall (New Trailer)

-Amon-

I'm old as shit ok, but every fucking time i see a new gundam game announced i wonder if and when we will see a 0079 / 0080 / 0083 game only :(

Day One, no questions asked. I like the RX78-2 + Barbatos art the most, nicely represents Gundam from the past and present.

I wonder if all four artwork will be available as individual prints? Would buy and frame all four.

Thanks for the link. Voted again for the correct choice, that being cover B.

I love how it reminds me of this where Unicorn is taking Gouf's place.

60e.jpg

Is this the best thing on the internet?
Why yes, yes it is.
C'mon and slam, and welcome to the jam. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0Y0hCjQX_M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6BTDpZ9HXQ

^Ramba Ral did nothing wrong!
I'm old as shit ok, but every fucking time i see a new gundam game announced i wonder if and when we will see a 0079 / 0080 / 0083 game only :(
I'd love a modern version of Gundam Battle on current consoles. Universe was the best one.

Wish there was some G Gundam already announced, so there could have been also been a cover option for it. Then the Nether Gundam could finally get the spotlight it deserves.

Some Nobody

I voted for cover B because badass laser beams and all the destruction around.

Cover A can get fucked because I hate Barbatos, it is an ugly gundam and I don't want it on my game cover. Hell I don't want it in the game if possible.

O_O. But Barbatos is one of the only good looking mobile suits in IBO...

So is this game gonna be noob friendly online or will it be a horrible experience getting smashed by weeb pros

I mean any game worth playing is going to be pretty brutal early on. I don't imagine many people would keep playing a game where you have a good chance of losing to beginners no matter how much time and practice you put in lol

Luigi87

So is this game gonna be noob friendly online or will it be a horrible experience getting smashed by weeb pros
It will be hard, but as long as you don't give up, practice, keep playing, and ignore try hard asshats (this game has them too) then you'll improve and have even more fun.

Oh shit, I need to pick this up. I used to be a huge Gundam fan but I haven't watched or played anything in the series in over a decade, and judging by the screenshots I've missed a lot. I think the last Gundam game I bought was Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam vs Zeta Gundam.

Any recent series worth watching? I primarily like UC stuff, I watched everything up to 8th MS Team (in terms of release order, not timeline).

Luigi87

Ah, good, I get to vote option D again.

Not shitposting, my reasoning is that, as badass as cover B is, D is what a casual might see and buy because of nostalgia and Wing Zero. We want this game to sell, yeah?

And muh Freedom
Ultimately I've just been joking around. v-Gundam is my #1 favourite so I voted B. Personally I feel A, which is being used in Japan, is the best designed. Option D has the most brand recognition in the West though, which is is why it will win.
And then Option C is Exia, who is certainly cool and Japan really seems to have a thing for if GBF is anything to go by.

Oh shit, I need to pick this up. I used to be a huge Gundam fan but I haven't watched or played anything in the series in over a decade, and judging by the screenshots I've missed a lot. I think the last Gundam game I bought was Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam vs Zeta Gundam.

Any recent series worth watching? I primarily like UC stuff, I watched everything up to 8th MS Team (in terms of release order, not timeline).
Watch Gundam Unicorn definitely for UC stuff.

I may be wrong, but doesn't this game improve that much the graphics compared to the PS3 version?

It looks like they reused a lot of stuff instead of trying to push the graphics of the system.

I love the new Gundam Vs games, but Gundam vs Zeta Gundam will always be the GOAT to me, and I still want another entry that expands the timeline up through CCA (I guess Unicorn, now).

raven777

I may be wrong, but doesn't this game improve that much the graphics compared to the PS3 version?

It looks like they reused a lot of stuff instead of trying to push the graphics of the system.

I am judging from screenshot and videos since I didn't play the beta, but yeah it does seem a bit disappointing in graphics department since this is suppose to be the next generation gundam versus and it's on a new engine which was worked by Julien Merceron (the guy who worked on the Fox Engine at Konami)

I still feel like default-ass option A is the best choice.

Not only does it feature the original Gundam, but I wouldn't underestimate the comparitive reach of Iron Blooded Orphans... it being on Crunchyroll and getting a reasonably high profile dub has made it relatively mainstream among anime fans I know (who aren't specifically into Gundam).

I also think the cover is probably the least busy. Love the artwork for B, C, and D, but the less detailed, flatter sky background in A is probably better for cover art. At least in my mind.

I just wish I had an option with the Zeta Gundam.

I think the splitscreen is gone in this one.

Really? The trailer looks like it has 4 people splitscreen, but that may just be a spectator mode or a compilation of different scenes.

I also think the cover is probably the least busy. Love the artwork for B, C, and D, but the less detailed, flatter sky background in A is probably better for cover art. At least in my mind.

Yeah I was pretty torn between A and D. I like how A has more variety in the color pallette, with the and the gradient from orange to blue. It also has the oldest and newest Gundams side by side, which is just a neat portrait. I ended up going with D because I love that Twin Buster Rifle, and also love the iconic red/yellow/white shield of the Gundam universe. A has no shield, and D has my favorite version of that shield (the curved shield of Wing is so dope), so I ended up going to with that one. I'd be happy with either, though.

I went with D but if I had to choose another I'd go for B as Nu is second best design in Gundam lol.

I love Nu, but it's overshadowed by Unicorn in the pic, and all the funnels blend into the background :(

Beth Cyra

Really? The trailer looks like it has 4 people splitscreen, but that may just be a spectator mode or a compilation of different scenes.

Yeah I was pretty torn between A and D. I like how A has more variety in the color palette, with the and the gradient from orange to blue. It also has the oldest and newest Gundams side by side, which is just a neat portrait. I ended up going with D because I love that Twin Buster Rifle, and also love the iconic red/yellow/white shield of the Gundam universe. A has no shield, and D has my favorite version of that shield (the curved shield of Wing is so dope), so I ended up going to with that one. I'd be happy with either, though.

I love Nu, but it's overshadowed by Unicorn in the pic, and all the funnels blend into the background :(
Yeah it's certainly not the centerpiece of that picture.

It hurts even more after the amazing updated Nu that Katoki put out, we need to have it get added so we can use it.

Can't really push it too hard. Need to hit 60 fps and manage Online MP which is the main draw of the game.

At least they drew some real buildings now. It was awful before where they ripped PS2 era stuff for the PS3 versions for the buildings.

They focused more on particle effects too with beams, missiles and laser beams having more color and impact in game.

Laputa_94

Oh yes I've been waiting for this news. This is a day 1 for me. Voted for the Nu/Unicorn cover, Nu is my favourite gundam design overall.

Kanyon

I was about to take the plunge on a copy of Gundam Breaker 3 off eBay, but I think I'll wait for this as the co-op and online looks like shitloads of fun!

Trailer looks really fun and I heard a lot of good things about this series. I've never watched anything from Gundam though. Can anyone recommend me the best order to watch the series in?

ReaperXL7

Is there any SP content in this or is it exclusively multiplayer? I'm going to buy it either way because I have to do my duty to support Gundam being released in the US, but I'm not super familiar with the VS line.

Kind of seems like it plays like the old Virtual on games?

I'd love it if we could get one of these for PS4

4q5cocl0.jpg

Memory

Is there any SP content in this or is it exclusively multiplayer? I'm going to buy it either way because I have to do my duty to support Gundam being released in the US, but I'm not super familiar with the VS line.

Kind of seems like it plays like the old Virtual on games?

I'd love it if we could get one of these for PS4

4q5cocl0.jpg

VS on PS3 had tons of Single-player content. Hoping this is the same.

Top Bottom