• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda releases E3 invite, teases two new unveils (that are not the IPs shown)

What do you think Bethesda is announcing (see the two "Under Construction" areas)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Drazgul

Gamespot: Check Out Bethesda's E3 Showcase Invite, Which May Tease Two Announcements

F0eYWDJ.jpg

Two new announcements then, it seems.

There has to be something Doom related though, I reckon. Why else tease Doom with that pic? And I can't imagine more DLC.

Maybe an expandalone?

Elder scrolls is in there too and we're not getting an installment anytime soon and E3 is after the Prey release. It doesn't mean anything.

DMONKUMA

Their E3 this year is gonna focus on Quake, Wolfenstein, and The Evil Within I bet. Which will be glorious :D

Also the only ones that haven't schedule their dates yet are Sony, Ubisoft and Nintendo right?

Man, looking at that, I really like Bethesda's output. I don't think about it much but their stuff is great.

Anyway, I voted Wolfenstein & Evil Within, but I'd find it hard to not imagine they'll announce a new mobile/free to play something as well.

kulapik

Fallout 4 VR
Dishonored 2 DLC
Prey DLC?
Wolfenstein TNC
Something ESO
Doom Standalone/VR
Quake Champions release date
TEW2

I say it's Doom 2.

If you look at the part that says DOOM with the shadows, and then TWO of the skulls are LIT UP. Also there is an equal number of skulls to the number of main games there have been: Doom, Doom II, Final Doom, Doom 64, Doom 3, and then one more that is spaced apart from the others, signifying the reboot DOOM.

I mean Evil Within 2 already kinda leaked a bit ago and they teased Wolfenstein at last E3. It's those 2 games.

They very well may have more on the slate to show than that though of course but those 2 are essentially guaranteed

Nesther

I say it's Doom 2.

If you look at the part that says DOOM with the shadows, and then TWO of the skulls are LIT UP. Also there is an equal number of skulls to the number of main games there have been: Doom, Doom II, Final Doom, Doom 64, Doom 3, and then one more that is spaced apart from the others, signifying the reboot DOOM.

Great catch. I can see them announce Doom 2 for 2018.

Byvar

It's too soon for TES6, but...

The Elder Scrolls Online area (I think the image makes it pretty clear it's about TESO, and not TES in general) shows Skyrim (the north), Morrowind (the east) and the Imperial City (central), but doesn't show Hammerfell (the west). Oddly, there seems to be a desert west of that area (it's specifically colored like sand, the color doesn't match the rest of the land's greenish yellow), and located in that desert is... one of the "under construction" areas.

Knowing that they trademarked Redguard (which implies Hammerfell, and is not a renewal for their earlier title) right after Skyrim, like they trademarked Skyrim right after Oblivion, there is that 1% chance it's teasing TES6.
It's not TES6.

We know that Howard and Hines have said that Bethesda (The developer) is working on a couple of new IP. I would imagine we might see at least one them at E3 this year.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vg...-are-big-games-like-fallout-4-and-skyrim/amp/

I was thinking so as well, as there was a rumor floating around (from here on GAF) that its a sci-fi IP and further along than we think it is.

But maybe its still just a bit too far off to be ready to unveil still.

ReaperXL7

I was thinking so as well, as there was a rumor floating around (from here on GAF) that its a sci-fi IP and further along than we think it is.

But maybe its still just a bit too far off to be ready to unveil still.

Maybe, but maybe not. It'll probably depend on if they were in the process of working on it while F4 was still in the oven, I'd also be very surprised if they weren't still using the creation engine/Gambryo which will cut down development time.

Regginator

Honestly, if BGS is working on anything that isn't Elder Scrolls, I don't care. I really hope they let other teams work on the two unannounced IPs.

As for the other in-house studios, I'm excited. Mostly excited about what Arkane Lyon is working on after Dishonored 2.

Top Bottom