• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf / Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational |OT| You're invited too!

This is my most anticipated Vita game, day 1.

Enjoyed a lot of PS3 Everybody's Golf games with Gaffers and totally up for some on Vita.

PSN is the same as Gaf, BlindMonkey

UberTag

I'd add myself to the list except for the fact that I feel I'm not any good at all.
This is my first Hot Shots experience and I'm just learning the ropes now.

If any of those Secret Trophies turn out to be for asynchronous online play, count me in.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Gameplay recorded by myself this morning. Sorry if the video is displayed vertically, YouTube should update it at any second now:

http://youtu.be/tVsdW1ZMDd0

Awesome accent. Wish I had one. ;)

I liked your comment about the graphics saying the character models are really good although the course is a little basic but it gets the job done. A lot of people have been quite critical on the graphics side of things yet they forget that the devs didn't get the final kits till late in the projects, hence why all the games are so different to each other in terms of quality. Rest assure the second generation of titles will really start to show the power of the Vita. :)

I liked your comment about the graphics saying the character models are really good although the course is a little basic but it gets the job done. A lot of people have been quite critical on the graphics side of things yet they forget that the devs didn't get the final kits till late in the projects, hence why all the games are so different to each other in terms of quality. Rest assure the second generation of titles will really start to show the power of the Vita. :)

Its the resolution that bothers me...

Peterthumpa

You mean... positively speaking? I'm kinda confused now :p

And yes, the game looks pretty good apart from maybe the sub-native resolution and the other small things that are probably an indication of a smaller development time. I'm pretty sure that at this year's E3 we're going to see what this system really is capable of.

I played a full course the other day on the Vita at work (I work at a games store). As solid and fun as you'd expect from Everybody's/Hot Shots Golf.

I'm waiting until I can get a Vita for a lot cheaper, but when I do, I'll be buying Everybody's Golf alongside it.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Add me to the list: SEN ID: Vadrek :)

And add me as friend :)

All people is welcome.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
You mean... positively speaking? I'm kinda confused now :p

I was serious about the first part, the second part is a bit of a joke since everyone has an accent (a mate of mine reckoned we didn't have accents, only foreigners!)

Number45

Does this game not have the rushing caddies that the PSP version had? Just watching that video posted and it doesn't look like it does. :(

Ran rp

Adding some people. I haven't played any Hots Shots Golf games other than the demos for Out of Bounds and World Invitational, so I'm going to suck big time. Maybe we can have some sort of rookie tourney, lol.

Does the online work like on the PS3?

Where we can arrange meet ups and tournaments by just all going to the same lobby/floor/room and then starting custom games?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Really loving the character models and animation in this version. So excited!

Pagusas

Elden Member
Edit: I'm getting tired of reading about people's worries of sub-native resolution for Vita games, especially Hot Shots. If you're gaming on a 1080p TV with an Xbox 360 or PS3, the amount of games that are developed to run at 1080p natively are next to none. To relate it to what I keep reading on GAF, it's not a game killer (and it's definitely not a reason to not get a title). Most games that are developed to run at 720p look great on 1080p. There are games on the current gen consoles that are sub-720p and it's not a problem at all. Vita games like Hot Shots and Uncharted look fine on the Vita.[/QUOTE]

100% disagree after seeing the demo unit today. I still want it, but Hotshots clean aesthetic is deeply hurt by what appears to be a very blurry scale. I'd be very curious to see what res it actually is running at and why Gameloft felt the Image quality hit was worth what ever frame rate they gained.

Is anyone up for a FEB inaugural tournament this week/weekend? I know we will be busy trying to level up our characters and learn the courses but I think an early tourney would be fun. Wednesday can't come soon enough!

100% disagree after seeing the demo unit today. I still want it, but Hotshots clean aesthetic is deeply hurt by what appears to be a very blurry scale. I'd be very curious to see what res it actually is running at and why Gameloft felt the Image quality hit was worth what ever frame rate they gained.

Dont insult HSG by referring to it as being made by Gameloft. But I agree, it's definitely hurt by being incredibly ugly. Plays wonderfully though, but that's still no excuse for being so ugly.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Dont insult HSG by referring to it as being made by Gameloft. But I agree, it's definitely hurt by being incredibly ugly. Plays wonderfully though, but that's still no excuse for being so ugly.

opps. dont know why i had them on my mind, ment clap hanz

frequency

do u get to collect costume pieces in this like the psp games?

You buy entire outfits.
So far I have 2 sets for some of my characters, but each set has like 6 colour swaps (that you don't need to buy). I have some yellow colour swaps of the costume sitting in the store as well.
I'm not sure what unlocks them in the store. Not sure if it's just general progress or loyalty level or whatever.

Also, about HSG's look. It's not really "fine". It looks pretty bad to me. But it's fun so I can overlook that.

frequency

Reviewer sounds like he's way too serious about the game.
If I do well and then mess up a few holes and end up not in first, I just go in and play again. I'm not agonizing and distraught that I didn't get a star.

Also, most tournaments I've seen so far are just 9 holes. The last one in each league before the VS is 18 hole. The VS match unlocks when I do all the 9 hole tournaments so I assume the 18 hole one is optional. I always do it before the VS match so I'm not sure.

But I guess the complaints are valid if you're that type of gamer. It just doesn't bother me. If I mess up, I expect to not be in first. Otherwise it'd be too easy.
Even a complete newbie like me is getting through the single player pretty quickly. So any easier would be too much.

krae_man

I'm game for a tournament. I'm going to have to remember to play every character evenly this time. With OOB I picked a favorite and stuck with them and got screwed over in the online because not having maxed out loyalty is a huge disadvantage. I was lucky to even rank only having 4 power shots per 9 holes in many of the tournaments.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
i'm up for a tournament for sure. is it going to be live then and not async? b/c that might be tougher. maybe we can do two?

the destructoid review is very positive, and the ign one seems ok other than the weird fixation on single-player challenges (who even really cares about those?)

Top Bottom