• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBLA (Xbox Live Arcade) News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

jgkspsx

boxartlg.jpg
Haven't heard of this. Is it "A Boy and His Fluidity"? Because that sounds pretty appealing.

Card Boy

Banned
Dumb question about MS points, i got currently have 6500 points, 2000 of that was from abusing that Dance Central 3 promo acouple weeks back on Facebook. If i buy something will it take it out of the bonus points first before going back to my regular points? I ask because these things expire.

I'm glad I waited to buy joy ride turbo. I really enjoyed the demo, but not enough to pay 1200 points for the full game.

800 for the full game, 400 on sale next week.

800 for the full game, 400 on sale next week.

thanks for the correction. I still think it was overpriced for 800 points, but I will certainly be buying it next week and 200 points less is than I what I expected to pay is even better.

in answer to you question, I think it does take the promotional points first. I think you can check the status of the points in their website, but I don't have a link.

aku:jiki

I'm glad I waited to buy joy ride turbo. I really enjoyed the demo, but not enough to pay 1200 points for the full game.

I am also very pleased to see capsized is still on route.
It's a fun game but it left a sour taste in my mouth. It's very short with only 36 races (which would be a fine number if it wasn't the same 5 tracks re-used over and over) and the game is all miscalculated - like you'll beat the campaign and have nothing left to do, but at that point you'll only have like 10% of the cars/skins unlocked. So you either have to enter a mindnumbing and long grind for the achievements, or give up on the game having experienced a miniscule of what it has to offer... Not a bad game; on the contrary, it's got great controls and graphics, but it's just missing a whole lot of that fun factor in the long run and ends up feeling like a missed opportunity.

It's a fun game but it left a sour taste in my mouth. It's very short with only 36 races (which would be a fine number if it wasn't the same 5 tracks re-used over and over) and the game is all miscalculated - like you'll beat the campaign and have nothing left to do, but at that point you'll only have like 10% of the cars/skins unlocked. So you either have to enter a mindnumbing and long grind for the achievements, or give up on the game having experienced a miniscule of what it has to offer... Not a bad game; on the contrary, it's got great controls and graphics, but it's just missing a whole lot of that fun factor in the long run and ends up feeling like a missed opportunity.

thank you for the impressions. I think at 400 points I'd be happy with 36 races but then I have yet to play forza horizon too. I should have my new 360 console when the sale starts, so I think I'll download the demo again to make doubly sure I enjoy it as much as I did the last time I played it.

Dumb question about MS points, i got currently have 6500 points, 2000 of that was from abusing that Dance Central 3 promo acouple weeks back on Facebook. If i buy something will it take it out of the bonus points first before going back to my regular points? I ask because these things expire.

I did some research on this a bit ago for someone else in the thread and from what I recall bonus points are always used first before your other points. Isn't the expiration period rather lengthy?

pswii60

Does Joyride Turbo have local multiplayer?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I'll update throughout the day.

DOTW

Oblivion - 800msp/10$
(was 1200/15$) US price, check your region
--Knights of Nine - 200msp (was 400)
--Shivering Isles - 600msp (was 1200)

Skyrim - 3600msp/45$ (was 4800/60$) US price, check your region
--Dawnguard - 1200msp (was 1600)
--Hearthfire - 320msp (was 400)

-----

Babel Rising - 400msp (was 800)

-----
Sales & Specials+ app

Dead Block - 400msp (was 800)
Dishwasher Vampire Smile - 400msp (was 800)
Torchlight - 600msp (was 1200)

Might get Dishwasher.

if a game is removed, does that mean you can't redownload it? I hope that's not the case because I bought it some months ago when it was on sale but never got round to playing it before I formatted my hard drive.

The End

SROA was a good game, but it was basically just a gimped version of the full Sega Rally game, so really, go track that down for $10 at Target instead.

Santiako

if a game is removed, does that mean you can't redownload it? I hope that's not the case because I bought it some months ago when it was on sale but never got round to playing it before I formatted my hard drive.

You can redownload them from your dl history.

BigMack

If you bought it, you can still play it if you have it on your hard drive.

If you delete/d it, you can still redownload it from your download history.

Taking it down from the marketplace just keeps you from being able to quickly find it in the A-Z section and redownload it that way. And anyone who didn't buy is just SOL.

You can redownload them from your dl history.

If you bought it, you can still play it if you have it on your hard drive.

If you delete/d it, you can still redownload it from your download history.

Taking it down from the marketplace just keeps you from being able to quickly find it in the A-Z section and redownload it that way. And anyone who didn't buy is just SOL.

that's a relief, thank you for the replies.

BADNED

SROA was a good game, but it was basically just a gimped version of the full Sega Rally game, so really, go track that down for $10 at Target instead.
Actually it is based on the arcade version Sega Rally 3, see tracks. Car roster is a reduced version of Sega Rally Revo. Sadly it is missing the 2008 WRC cars from SR3 due to licensing.

segarr

I wonder how many of these games have been on that site for ages and likely will never be released. I know Capsized for example is pretty old and was announced for XBLA quite awhile ago.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I wonder how many of these games have been on that site for ages and likely will never be released. I know Capsized for example is pretty old and was announced for XBLA quite awhile ago.
Warlords has been on the site for years and it's just now coming out next month.

Daigoro

my power came back on and i just impulse purchased The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile for 400pts from the deals app.

firing it up now. hope its good.

Actually it is based on the arcade version Sega Rally 3, see tracks. Car roster is a reduced version of Sega Rally Revo. Sadly it is missing the 2008 WRC cars from SR3 due to licensing.

its a fun game, but it really is Sega Rally light. wide open tracks without much difficulty. not much to it, its very short lived fun. i didnt regret my purchase at full price though. good game. Sega Rally rules.

vampire smiles is very good. you're in for a treat of a game. two campaigns plus the bonuses and other modes. it's a great game. one word of advice - explore. it will pay dividends.

Daigoro

damn! first chapter of Dishwasher VS impressed! i like it already. very cool.

the beginning to the second chapter is awesome and i havent done shit yet. im sold.

Noogy

damn! first chapter of Dishwasher VS impressed! i like it already. very cool.

the beginning to the second chapter is awesome and i havent done shit yet. im sold.

Dishwasher VS might have the most epic last quarter of any XBLA title. Be in awe and enjoy!

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Pool Nation is pretty good.

I got excited because I was 11th in the overall leaderboard, but turns out there's only 700 people on there. :(

bjork

I tried the pool game today. I like it, but I'm as good at video game pool as real pool, so I got beaten in no time. Still might buy it, though. It was pretty relaxing.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
lol. Always funny to see something that's been in development/certification hell long enough that it still has the old white banner instead of the orange one.

But who said this was in Development Hell? Back when it was announced earlier this year, in June, it was stated to be coming in 2013.

Saw the picture, and was hoping there was some news on it. Not that I really expect them to say much, so far before it's release. Also, the fiasco with the US release of the original game has become pretty ridiculous. I just hope 7sixty's sloppy handling of the fighting game doesn't hurt the chances for this game to get into people's hands in the US.

I'm a bit late to the party, but I bought Mark of the Ninja yesterday, and holy katana if it isn't as good as everybody has been saying it is. The game-design is amazing - everything from the visuals down to the gameplay - and I'm shocked that nobody has ever done a 'stealth-platformer' before. One of the best XBLA releases by far.

But who said this was in Development Hell? Back when it was announced earlier this year, in June, it was stated to be coming in 2013.

Saw the picture, and was hoping there was some news on it. Not that I really expect them to say much, so far before it's release. Also, the fiasco with the US release of the original game has become pretty ridiculous. I just hope 7sixty's sloppy handling of the fighting game doesn't hurt the chances for this game to get into people's hands in the US.

It's in some sort of hell if it has boxart circa mid-2011 and it's still not a thing people can buy.

aku:jiki

Woo, after getting my final achievement in Naughty Bear, I've completed 300 XBLA games!

Thought about making my 300th something awesome like Dungeon Defenders of Dishwasher: VS (even though I do like NB), or something legendarily hard like Tron, but I was too close in NB and couldn't help myself. Feels good man.

It's in some sort of hell if it has boxart circa mid-2011 and it's still not a thing people can buy.
Microsoft always fucks around with their XBLA rules, though. Yeah, orange is supposed to be the new rule but so is 400 gamerscore, and Serious Sam still only had 200 when it came out recently.

Microsoft always fucks around with their XBLA rules, though. Yeah, orange is supposed to be the new rule but so is 400 gamerscore, and Serious Sam still only had 200 when it came out recently.

The only non-orange ones are ones with old boxarts that existed before the switch, like Warlords reboot that still has a 2010 "released" date. Just means this game has been in the works for a long while.

Woo, after getting my final achievement in Naughty Bear, I've completed 300 XBLA games!

Thought about making my 300th something awesome like Dungeon Defenders of Dishwasher: VS (even though I do like NB), or something legendarily hard like Tron, but I was too close in NB and couldn't help myself. Feels good man.

300 , that's nuts. But impressive.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I wonder if there are still people out there who buy every Arcade game and get all the achievements? That seemed to be a thing a few years ago. Wonder if anyone stuck with it.

Top Bottom