• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How many of you would it take to beat McGregor?

Connor McGregor is 5'9". Imagine a 6'4", non-skinny NeoGAF poser.

That's a 7 inch, less than 100lb difference.

Connor McGregor would look like Charles Barkley in this picture. He looks like Shaq's son.

That is a non-insignificant disadvantage for McGregor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N10dlvzKmLU

Probably not the best example, seeing as how they got into a fight in their playing days and Chuck double-legged Shaq straight to his back before all the other players on the court converged and it turned into a scrum. Chuck had already won that fight if it had continued without interference.

Not saying size doesn't matter- it does. But skill matters, too. And preparation, especially high-level preparation against the world's best on a day to day basis, well. Not sure why I have to even spell it out...

Fictional fight scenario threads really are my favorite thing on this site. Probably the ones that truly reach a consensus we can all agree on, that's why you don't see chimp vs man threads anymore, while N64 vs saturn vs Ps1 threads will never stop existing.

Depends on how long he can punch before he just drops to the floor from exhaustion.

Probably at least a few hundred tries, maybe even 4 digits.

I'm surprised at all the low number replies. It would take hundreds if not thousands of me before he started getting tired of knocking me out with a single punch within the first 6 seconds.

Lol, same. I'm got no delusion granduer I can take him in any compacity and know I'm just get my ass kicked 6 ways to Sunday, I bruise like a peach and have a low threshold of pain!

slider

Depends on your "heart" too. You have original state stamina... But do you have any sense of what it's like to be hit by him? Or, any idea what it's like to be hit? That fear could cripple you. I'm not a tough guy, but on an ad hoc basis I've taught basic self defence. Some people aren't able to handle being spoken to firmly. Let alone punched in the face.

Depends on your "heart" too. You have original state stamina... But do you have any sense of what it's like to be hit by him? Or, any idea what it's like to be hit? That fear could cripple you. I'm not a tough guy, but on an ad hoc basis I've taught basic self defence. Some people aren't able to handle being spoken to firmly. Let alone punched in the face.

Also worth noting its not just "heart" with McGregor. You have to actually have a legit strong chin, he hits hard as fuck. You could have a ton of heart but unless you got an insane chin he's separating you from your consciousness

slider

Also worth noting its not just "heart" with McGregor. You have to actually have a legit strong chin, he hits hard as fuck. You could have a ton of heart but unless you got an insane chin he's separating you from your consciousness

Oh yeah, of course. I was just coming from the rope-a-dope tire him out strategy that folk had justifiably mentioned.

I love these odd threads. The stuff people think about that'd never cross my workaday mind.

If it's MMA rules it would take hundreds or thousands till he eventually tires. If its anything goes like biting and going for the eyes then 50-60.

Like, Ewan McGregor? Is he supposed to be particularly fit or something? Or is this some obscure person who you wouldn't know unless you're into that specific thing? I love it when threads don't explain what they're talking about.

YxbxdJ.gif

KillLaCam

Banned
Ive done Muay Thai Since I was a little kid. I'd say like 5 or 6. UFC fighters still have meh striking in general. But he'd annihilate me on the ground with easily. Once he gets tired from taking the clones down it'll be a done deal lol

Edit : if he was bigger I'd need like 10 clones

Top Bottom