• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slaythe

Yeah I don't get it.

There is a difference between saying "omg Dougie kills Janey-E" and "Dougie has a big part in this episode".

We need something.

SOMETHING.

You monsters.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
really thought there'd be something in here but I can wait.

Yeah I don't get it.

There is a difference between saying "omg Dougie kills Janey-E" and "Dougie has a big part in this episode".

We need something.

SOMETHING.

You monsters.

It's probably for the best, but I admit it's unusual but not in a bad way that they just asked people, "Hey don't spoil Part 11 for others please?",

And it seems most everyone obliged.

Slaythe

All I could gather so far was

Overall reception :

- One of the best episode

- Funny moments

- One plot line advancing a lot and taking a dark/serious turn

And one "big" spoiler regarding parentage

Becky is apparently Bobby's daughter.

I think the lack of specific details confirms that while it will be a good episode, it won't have a significant turn of events like some have been expecting.

Vectorman

Banned
Okay, what the hell? It almost feels like when people complain about something in this thread, the next episode immediately counters it.

After Part 8 some in this thread were complaining about lack of character banter, and then Part 9 & 10 were full of character banter.

People complain about
the Roadhouse Music scenes in Part 10, and my friend mentioned to me that Part 11 actually does not have a music number scene in the episode.
I'm tagging this as a spoiler, but trust me there is absolutely no story spoilers in these tags. It's about something apparently not in Part 11 rather than something in Part 11.

It's Cosmic, etc.

There's music but it's not the Roadhouse.
But yes, there's good stuff in this episode. It's what I was expecting more in this show honestly.

The reason I like Dougie is because instead of being used a just a gag constantly, this time he is better utilized to help propel the story. So when there is a moment where it's funny, it because of the actions of Dougie and it furthers the story.

I can tease other things but it will be all blacked out.

I mean, it's called The Return. Which means Coop's not coming back until the last couple episodes, right?

Can't see why one would necessarily have anything to do with the other. Dale's as likely to wake up in episode 13 as he is to wake up in episode 15. The name of the show has no bearing on it.

I mean, it's David Lynch. For all we know, Cooper never wakes up. Or he does, but with amnesia. And the episodes where he's Coop is Lucy, Hawk, etc. trying to refresh his memory in vain.

Seems everyone is placing their bets on Cooper coming back and being himself but I personally don't think it's guaranteed.

Seems everyone is placing their bets on Cooper coming back and being himself but I personally don't think it's guaranteed.

Course it isn't. For all we know he'll turn into a horsebird and recite verses in Yiddish for 10 straight minutes of screen time. It's Lynch. Nothing's off the table. For better or worse.

Cooper is coming back soon! -> Why isn't Cooper back yet? -> Cooper is never coming back -> Did you see him look at that thing? Cooper is coming back soon! -> Why isn't....

Linkin112

It still baffles me that people actually can say "I don't think Cooper is coming back". It may not be the Cooper of the first two seasons when he does finally come to, but there's absolutely no way he doesn't break out of the Dougie phase in this series.

In other news, I basically quenched my thirst of info about Part 11. Had some things revealed, but they're probably minor details in the grand scheme of things, so I'm done looking for it and will just wait.

JohnDoe

Banned
BhBcpQi.jpg

Kyle's answer to the first Q&A question is amazing

Wasn't sure I really wanted to watch that portion but it's already delivered, the rest can be cringe

EDIT: Oh god I made a mistake stop after the first question

grumpy

I think he meant seeing the name "Dana Ashbrook" all this time he figured it was an actress.

Yeah, up until the first time I watched Twin Peaks ages ago I had no idea "Dana" was also a man's name. Maybe because I always associated it with Dana Scully or something, dunno.

Linkin112

I'm confused, why are people saying to stop before the Q&A/after the first question? I listened to it all and it was fine/didn't spoil anything.

Vectorman

Banned
Yeah I felt bad for the kid, everyone who was waiting to do more questions were cringing so hard as we watched that. You could hear a pin drop with that silence before the cast attempted to move past that. It's strange because they screened us before. As for me, I asked Kyle about Evil Coop and he talked about the process of creating him with Lynch and getting him down right. I was being pretty dorky about too lol.

Kadayi

Banned
I never bother with Fan Q&A because they're generally painful. I'd rather the host reads out submitted questions, that way at least the garbage can be sifted out and the awkwardness can be avoided.

Would it? I feel like this revival has really turned off casual fans. Maybe we spend our time in different circles but I feel like I haven't really seen any discussion/interest in Twin Peaks in the larger culture at all.

The people who showed up for the SDCC panel and stuck around to watch the episode were not, by in large, casual fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom