• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

NJD316

Neo Member
Only 15 hours in but I've still not found one bit of armour (excluding power armour obvs) that's as good as layering up the vault suit with bits of arm/leg armour. Is there better stuff in the game? I kind of want a new look but not sure I want to sacrifice the defence.

Beefy

Yes, you can, but the method I'm using is trial and error, because when you meet a settler who is assigned to a route, he won't show you on which route he is.

I meant there isn't a way of actually just seeing where a trader is going. It is as you say trial and error.

Is there a way to cancel supply lines? Or at least get the person back to the original settlement?

Yeah highlight them and make them farm again.

Finally got my Benevolent Leader Trophy to ding last night! This could be the most difficult bronze trophy ever.

Now I can finally play the rest of this game.

Steejee

Out of curiosity, are people opting to focus on just one settlement, or keeping more than one going (not counting item dumps like a lot of people seem to use Red Rocket for)?

I had sorta been 'theming' my settlements but I'm hitting a point where Oil is a big limiting factor for building, while at the same time I'm coming across more locations where I think it'd be pretty cool to build up but don't want to deal with another pile of setup. Some of the original hope was that I could get a good cash flow going from each settlement, but the straight cap generation I'm able to get is pretty poor and the caps don't get shared so I have to hit each settlement to pick up anything that's been generated.

Then again aside from the attacks that never seem to happen to me, the settlements are completely self sustaining and I can build one out and completely ignore it and it seems to just hit a point and stay fine, even if I don't bother assigning more people to food.

Pilgrimzero

If anyone wants 3 frames/power armor in a quickish manner:

Find the Nation Guard outpost in the NE-ish area (west of the radar dishes thing) and there is a partial suit of T60 armor. Beware it's guarded by ghouls, turrets, and a sentry bot.

then go to the radar dishes and there is just a frame up on one of the structures. This is guarded by several mutants.

From there head north to the road and there a 2-3 trucks. One has a partial suit of X-01 in the back.

Bring a companion so they can drive one of the suits for you to make less trips back home to drop them off.

Does it literally need a door? I'm using The Castle and all the beds are inside but there are no doors.

I'm not 100% sure, but I read somewhere that it does. I had to do a massive overhaul of my settlement to get it to go from 95 to 100. That was one of the things I did, so it could have been any number of things that contributed to the increase.

lt519

I'm not 100% sure, but I read somewhere that it does. I had to do a massive overhaul of my settlement to get it to go from 95 to 100. That was one of the things I did, so it could have been any number of things that contributed to the increase.

That's what I'm afraid of, I'm using Sanctuary and some of the homes don't have doors and I can't seem to put them on there. Might have to rebuild an entire few houses.

Pilgrimzero

I found some raider power armour, I assume I need to build a free power armour frame to assembly it?

No. Simply move the other power armor away from the station, park your Raider armor near the station and the "craft" and it will put the closest armor into the station.

Edit: oh FRAME, yea you need that. Misunderstood

kavanf1

I have taken Monday off work to get properly stuck into this, can't wait. I've only managed about 20 hours on it so far, I aim to at least double that over the long weekend.

Bizarrely I am spending most of my time collecting stuff to enhance my settlement - I really hope we see some DLC to expand their functionality. Or maybe mods will have to do.

TraBuch

Banned
God this is annoying. Sixteen stores set up, all manned, everything is green, beds are all in doored areas, statues and pictures everywhere and it won't budge from 99.

danowat

Banned
No. Simply move the other power armor away from the station, park your Raider armor near the station and the "craft" and it will put the closest armor into the station.

Edit: oh FRAME, yea you need that. Misunderstood

I have the constitutional parts, but can't use them from my inventory as I believe they need to be assembled in a frame?

I guess I could move my other power armour, and use my existing frame to build the raider one?

ive looked at a few guides, can someone confirm for me that
institutionalized
is NOT the final quest in the main game? whats after that? a lot? a little?

Pilgrimzero

I have the constitutional parts, but can't use them from my inventory as I believe they need to be assembled in a frame?

I guess I could move my other power armour, and use my existing frame to build the raider one?

You can swap out the pieces on the frame but I'm fairly sure raider is the weakest of the power armors

TraBuch

Banned
ive looked at a few guides, can someone confirm for me that
institutionalized
is NOT the final quest in the main game? whats after that? a lot? a little?
It's basically the
final quest before you pick a side. Then you get some faction-specific quests. If you're planning on getting all the trophies/achievements, make a save before completing it.

Guys, am I missing too much by not using companions? Are they useful with their stock equipment? Can't be bothered to manage their inventory.

I think companions are enjoyable for the first time in a Bethesda game, I like hanging with Piper. People like Valentine are fun to bring with, they add to the story and they add to their background, I learned a lot about Valentine by having him with me when he wants to speak or I ask him that I wouldn't have really learned otherwise. I had questions about his history when I first met him and I learnt about him by just having him along.

There's even cool things that shape how a companion treats you, I believe if you meet Piper for the first time
in your vault suit, she gives you the nickname "Blue" which she'll use time to time, I don't think she does it if you don't meet her the first time with it on.

5ahQGKb.png

So sure my husband died less then a month ago in front of my eyes but I have moved on and am now in a happy lesbian relationship with Piper.

This is going to be awkward to explain to my son when he grows up if I ever find him

Pilgrimzero

I think companions are enjoyable for the first time in a Bethesda game, I like hanging with Piper. People like Valentine are fun to bring with, they add to the story and they add to their background, I learned a lot about Valentine by having him with me when he wants to speak or I ask him that I wouldn't have really learned otherwise. I had questions about his history when I first met him and I learnt about him by just having him along.

Nick V. is great, especially when the Mysterious Stranger pops up. I hope a DLC or something is a mission (w/ Nick) to finally uncover the truth about him.

So sure my husband died less then a month ago in front of my eyes but I have moved on and am now in a happy lesbian relationship with Piper.

This is going to be awkward to explain to my son when he grows up if I ever find him

times go on people move on he will understand :)

dlauv

Does anyone ever feel that it's easy to start roleplaying beyond the mechanics presented? Almost like playing with toys as a child, or playing laser tag with friends and pretending you're opposing teams of space marines and aliens.

People say that this world isn't immersive because there's so much clunkiness and jankiness and poor, stilted writing. There's the idea that everyone just waits for your god presence to upset the static order. And while that's true, I feel it's just as easy to become acclimated to the idea that you're transported to Bethesda's Jankland Themepark, immersed to the rules, boundaries, and flaws wherein. Like shallow VR with fun gunplay.

Beyond that, I'm not sure I do that with too many RPGs beyond the more first-person sandboxy ones, like Bloodlines, Deus Ex (to a lesser degree), and Beth Productions. In Shadowrun Returns, for instance, I feel more like I'm interacting with a CYOA novel with game mechanics. Which isn't bad in the least; and, the CYOA are many times the richer experience. But these VRPG trips are still valuable and scratch roleplaying itches I never knew I had.

sappyday

So all human companions will be annoying to use since when you take everything you also take their stuff they're wearing.

Pilgrimzero

times go on people move on he will understand :)

It's been a hard road. One second I'm with my spouse and baby, the next I see my spouse murdered and my baby stolen. Not to mention the world is a nuclear horror show.

So can you blame me for making bad choices like, hooking up with random people, hitting the pipe a bit when things get hard,all the while I roll around shooting jerks in the face?

Sarcasm

This companion romancin gets old fast. I can't do shit like ask for money for BoS without Preston getting mad.

How do I make him love me faster so I can dump his butt?

There's even cool things that shape how a companion treats you, I believe if you meet Piper for the first time
in your vault suit, she gives you the nickname "Blue" which she'll use time to time, I don't think she does it if you don't meet her the first time with it on.
If you don't wear it she'll still call you blue, stating that it's obvious you're from a Vault.

It's been a hard road. One second I'm with my spouse and baby, the next I see my spouse murdered and my baby stolen. Not to mention the world is a nuclear horror show.

So can you blame me for making bad choices like, hooking up with random people, hitting the pipe a bit when things get hard,all the while I roll around shooting jerks in the face?

Injects psycho into vains

All this game needs is a true immersion mode:
- still variable difficulty setting (damage dealt by enemies + enemy health) BUT
- no fast travel/ fast travel costing resources
- permadeth/ revival will cost 100 bottlecaps
- permadeth of companions / in case they go down, there will be a timer:
ONLY healing them will bring them back, if timer expires=permadeath
- not having a proper sleep-rythm will drastically lower your stats over time
- you need to drink and eat or else your stats go down and you ultimately die
- more RAD through radiation storms
- more frequent and more dangerous random attacks on settlements
- reduced/ modified inventory: you can only carry a realistic amount of weapons + armour
(healing items, food and junk may not be affected because this would break the game)

I'm sure some madman will create a mod with most, if not all, of those crazy ideas.

dlauv

This companion romancin gets old fast. I can't do shit like ask for money for BoS without Preston getting mad.

How do I make him love me faster so I can dump his butt?

Take him along Minute Men quests and always act noble. He also likes it when you mod guns. Many other characters don't mind if you ask for more money (Preston, Strong, and Codsworth are the ones that do, to my knowledge). Some even like it.

sappyday

Is it actually possible to reload before finishing a mission in order to get the Idiot Savant perk to kick in? I've been trying for 20 minutes straight and I'm not getting it. Am I just unlucky?

I'm asking way too many questions

Sarcasm

Take him along Minute Men quests and always act noble. Many other characters don't mind if you ask for more money (Preston, Strong, and Codsworth are the ones that do, to my knowledge). Some even like it.

MM quests is the ones that have you go..like save a settlement right?

Top Bottom