• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushen

It's hard to set the priority between Tana and S Corrin to pull for my non-existing flier team. I have atk- Spring Camila but since S Corrin is limited time, I'm leaning toward her. Tana sounds so good though.

With low low orbs inventory, it's possible that I won't get either. And then likely CYL banner will drop.

Oh well, whatever! I have spent way more than I should've (into several hundreds) and not intend to spend any more.

It's hard to set the priority between Tana and S Corrin to pull for my non-existing flier team. I have atk- Spring Camila but since S Corrin is limited time, I'm leaning toward her. Tana sounds so good though.

With low low orbs inventory, it's possible that I won't get either. And then likely CYL banner will drop.

Oh well, whatever! I have spent way more than I should've (into several hundreds) and not intend to spend any more.

Definitely Summer Corrin since she's limited and there's a distinct lack of ranged/mage fliers.

Tana will at least be added to the pool and she may appear as a focus again within the year. For example in a hypothetical Sacred Stones Tempest Trial banner.

I also want both, but I need to be careful how I spent my Orbs. Tried to reel in Corrin again, but ended up getting a second Ephraim. Yay?

Tana will resurface on another banner at some point, S Corrin won't. I got lucky and got Amelia so I am going to cut bait on this banner and start hoarding orbs again, and hope Tana defies logic and drops to 4*.

explodet

SCorrin GET!

Yes she's +RES/-SPD, but I don't give a fig. My +DEF/-ATK SCamilla has a new best friend.

EDIT: And my 5th Camilla pulled has -SPD.
How droll.

Mupod

it took me about 20-25 tries on the summon simulator but I was able to replicate my horrible hero fest luck. I guess I've spent between 160 and 180 orbs on it with no 5* based on my results there. Pity rate is a lie.

it took me about 20-25 tries on the summon simulator but I was able to replicate my horrible hero fest luck. I guess I've spent between 160 and 180 orbs on it with no 5* based on my results there. Pity rate is a lie.

Does the sim account for a pity rate? Is there even one? I don't know how a sim could incorporate that into its sinulation, but I'm not a programmer. I do hate it when games don't make it clear about if there is one and if there is what it takes to trigger it. Remember on hearthstone it was around 40-50 packs you were guaranteed a legendary, but I don't know if Blizzard themselves ever said that.

Sushen

My WIP Innes just killed Nowi in the arena battle. That's pretty impressive to me as he's still using his default weapon and got mere death blow 2 equipped.

Maybe I'll go with his default weapon for a while instead of dropping 20k for brave bow+ immediately. Need to figure out how to use him first.

Mupod

Does the sim account for a pity rate? Is there even one? I don't know how a sim could incorporate that into its sinulation, but I'm not a programmer. I do hate it when games don't make it clear about if there is one and if there is what it takes to trigger it. Remember on hearthstone it was around 40-50 packs you were guaranteed a legendary, but I don't know if Blizzard themselves ever said that.

https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/fire-emblem-heroes-summon-simulator

I mean, it's right there listed on the page. I didn't code the thing, but they seem to go up the same way the game's rates do. FEH shows its rates directly unlike some other games so it's pretty straightforward.

This game does eventually give you a guaranteed 5 star but it takes 120 summons without a 5 star. So 480 orbs at the very minimum if you're doing 20 pulls every time (not counting the free summon). I've never even heard of anyone reaching that point. I've gone over 300 while sniping orbs so much less than 120 summons.

Just wondering, but what if a company posted their rates, and they were in fact lie? What type of repercussions would they be facing? Because honestly we have no idea what's actually happening behind the scenes.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Just wondering, but what if a company posted their rates, and they were in fact lie? What type of repercussions would they be facing? Because honestly we have no idea what's actually happening behind the scenes.
I think revealing lootbox/gacha rates is required by law in Asian countries, but I don't know if it applies here.

Since FEH uses the same version worldwide though, I assume they're accurate. If they're wrong, maybe they'd get sued or something at worst.

Alkez

Arena makes me laugh sometimes...

OQbVEvRl.jpg

Arena makes me laugh sometimes...

OQbVEvRl.jpg

That moment where Lukas the Pity rate Breaker would have came in handy.

https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/fire-emblem-heroes-summon-simulator

I mean, it's right there listed on the page. I didn't code the thing, but they seem to go up the same way the game's rates do. FEH shows its rates directly unlike some other games so it's pretty straightforward.

This game does eventually give you a guaranteed 5 star but it takes 120 summons without a 5 star. So 480 orbs at the very minimum if you're doing 20 pulls every time (not counting the free summon). I've never even heard of anyone reaching that point. I've gone over 300 while sniping orbs so much less than 120 summons.

Woof 480 orbs!? That's potentially a lot of money or nearly all your free orbs. Is that fairly in line with other gacha games? The closest I ever came to that was when I first started and summoned every orb I could and never got another 5* past my initial Lucina and had an appearance rate of combined 10% on the initial focus banner. After clearing every earnable orb I decided then to reroll and have stuck with it ever since.

Sushen

The simulator kinda mimicked my experience. With just sniping blue I got nothing 5* after 200 orbs spent. With full pulls, I got a 5* green focus unit after 60 and 5* red and blue units after 120.

It's been a case to me where I got about 1 5* per 60 orbs if I do full pulls. With the first Ike banner, I sniped red for well over 200 orbs for nothing. Of course, it could be anecdotal.

Wichu

Broke my pity rate on Hero Fest with +Def/-Res Linde. I didn't have her yet, so it could certainly have been worse - at least she's not -Atk or -Spd.

But I guess I'm not getting Ninian/Genny after all :(

Does Ploy base its activation on a units base Resistance or the Resistance after a buff?

I want to build my neutral Amelia with Fury and Renewal and with a Fortify Armor buff she would be at 44 defense and 32 resistance, which I think would be enough Res to activate the Atk Ploy seal

Edit: tested it in training tower and it is based on unbuffed stats from both sides. boo.

NSESN

All of my luck pulling characters went to pulling Reinhardt, pulled 2 +atk so far, in comparison I got - atk Ike, a -atk Ephraim and a -atk SCorrin.

OVDRobo

'Guess I'll just spend these last five orbs from Tempest on the Life and Death Banner with no pity rate as a last desperate attempt to get Minerva before I start hoarding again'

'Oh, there's no Green. Guess I'll just pull colourless instead'

Of course.

Alkez

That moment where Lukas the Pity rate Breaker would have came in handy.

lol! For sure. Thankfully I was able to play around it them with life and death Tharja. Tier 17 is a weird tier I tell ya. Completely different to the super serious Tier 18. If I could get more score I would be able to keep progressing but 4600 is the best I can get atm with the units I have. In time I guess.

Mathematics

Neo Member
21 orbs later I got a +DEF -RES Tana. I could give her the FireSweep/Hit&Run build or is that better on Cordelia (same +DEF - RES)?

With Valter, I can make 3 janky flier teams for AA. Never rolled a Hinoka :(

lt519

Finished my full AA Advanced runs with no deaths, 4754, 12 points lower than last time. Should still be top 10000 though (4766 was like 6000 last time) and top 5000 would be a serious effort. I still need to get more position moves on my backups. My biggest downfall is I can't get attack in and pull out with my reserves.

Took a 684 matchup against a Cecilia fully knowing what was coming. Xander/Camus/Rein/Cecilia. Played it perfectly with Celica, Nino, Azura and Mathilda. Baited. Baited Cecilia off the bat with Celica and then took out Rein with Nino on my offense turn. Bait killed Xander with Mathilda and then finished Camus with Nino.

I almost didn't have a way of taking down Camus but Nino luckily had moonbow charged, that dude is a beast. Everyone else would have suicided.

lol! For sure. Thankfully I was able to play around it them with life and death Tharja. Tier 17 is a weird tier I tell ya. Completely different to the super serious Tier 18. If I could get more score I would be able to keep progressing but 4600 is the best I can get atm with the units I have. In time I guess.

I can't stay in T18 with a 4750 score. That extra orb is a big deal to some players I guess.

ggx2ac

I hate hero fest. I never get a 5* character from hero fest despite the appearance rate increase.

I am at 6.25% of getting a 5* focus and I still haven't gotten any.

lt519

Went for the new banner with 40 orbs and got nobody, really want Amelia. Some great SI fodder though, couple ninos for draw back and Abel for swordbreaker.

I'll keep going in on it, I like these characters. See if I can beat some more of those story chain challenges.

Not really a fan of arena assault. It's the same units over and over and I've only got so many answers to Reinhardt and Hector. Plus the delay between rounds selecting units. It takes way too long.

lt519

Damn, chapter 10&11 chain challenges are some bullshit. Those characters are jacked up and a turn limit is absurd. Vantage and distant counters are almost a must.

I'm whoring for orbs right now so I'm gonna do it, but still...

Turn off auto turn end in AA. You'll have time to use them after you move your units.

Woooow this is amazing. Game changer.

Kenai

Got S Corrin like I wanted, but -Spd +Res. While I desperately wish the game would chill with the shitty natures on the units I am gunning for, at least Flier emblem alleviates terrible natures somewhat so it's better than nothing.

Fingers still crossed on nature rerolls someday since she just shot past my -Spd Julia and -Spd Lynn(s) to the top of my list >.>

Ninferno

Damn, chapter 10&11 chain challenges are some bullshit. Those characters are jacked up and a turn limit is absurd. Vantage and distant counters are almost a must.

I'm whoring for orbs right now so I'm gonna do it, but still...

You meant 11&12. Yeah, it is some serious bullshit and hands down the most difficult content the game has to offer so far. While the maps and enemies are fixed, the combination of BS stats inflation, multi-color cross-fire formation, obnoxious split starting position (Fear Mountain or 11-3), stressful turn limits (Mila's Temple or 12-4 being the worst to me) still puts up some serious challenge.

There are videos showcasing single no-merge team clears which are great, but I'm apparently not that good. I barely cleared it with 3 teams. First team reached 11-5, second reached 12-4, and the third had relative ease with 12-5. If you are considering multi-team solutions, definitely reserve your best team (say, Horse Emblem) for the 3 consecutive turn-limited maps (12-2 to 12-4); that was the part that gave me the most stress.

The 4 turn maps with units refusing to move, and the mountain split map were some real BS. It's made worse by the fact that one of the 4 turn maps is late in the chain.

lt519

You meant 11&12. Yeah, it is some serious bullshit and hands down the most difficult content the game has to offer so far. While the maps and enemies are fixed, the combination of BS stats inflation, multi-color cross-fire formation, obnoxious split starting position (Fear Mountain or 11-3), stressful turn limits (Mila's Temple or 12-4 being the worst to me) still puts up some serious challenge.

There are videos showcasing single no-merge teams clears which are great, but I'm apparently not that good. I barely cleared it with 3 teams. First team reached 11-5, second reached 12-4, and the third had relative ease with 12-5. If you are considering multiple-team solutions, definitely reserve your best team (say, Horse Emblem) for the 3 consecutive turn-limited maps (12-2 to 12-4); that was the part that gave me the most stress.

Yeah, I actually struggle most with Chapter 11. My Horse Emblem team can do 12-1 to 12-4 and part of 12-5 no problem. My hiccup is a good team for 11-5. I'm having trouble just taking down all those mages on the defense tiles with a turn limit.

Fear mountain usually weakens a team enough that I'm down to team two starting at 11-5, so I'd need to push through that and then some of 12 to bring in horse emblem. What's a good team for 11-5? I don't have a good flier team and my horse emblem actually struggles with it (I don't run Cecilia, which would probably help).

champloo

Yeah, I actually struggle most with Chapter 11. My Horse Emblem team can do 12-1 to 12-4 and part of 12-5 no problem. My hiccup is a good team for 11-5. I'm having trouble just taking down all those mages on the defense tiles with a turn limit.

Fear mountain usually weakens a team enough that I'm down to team two starting at 11-5, so I'd need to push through that and then some of 12 to bring in horse emblem. What's a good team for 11-5? I don't have a good flier team and my horse emblem actually struggles with it (I don't run Cecilia, which would probably help).

I believe a strong green mage is the pillar for beating cc11&12. My Sonya can handle the combination of Mae, Boey, Genny & Bruno, and she carried me through 11-1 to 12-3

There are videos showcasing single no-merge teams clears which are great, but I'm apparently not that good. I barely cleared it with 3 teams. First team reached 11-5, second reached 12-4, and the third had relative ease with 12-5. If you are considering multiple-team solutions, definitely reserve your best team (say, Horse Emblem) for the 3 consecutive turn-limited maps (12-2 to 12-4); that was the part that gave me the most stress.

What they should really do is increase how many teams you can bring on the later chapters because three teams is not enough for the amount of BS you need to go through.

lt519

I want an Amelia ):

We'll just cleared everything but the 9&10 and 11&12 10 round chain challenges. 9&10 should be easy, I just have to give it some thought, made it to the last round already. 11&12 is going to require some studying. In each individual chain challenge I can get to the last fight with a fresh team, but winning that fight with much left over for the next 5 is going to be a challenge. I'd happy to have a challenge though, I'm glad there is content that has me working move by move strategy each round. I put renewal on Xander and Reciprocal Aid on Titania and I'm able to shift and balance HP and get much further now. It's a great mental exercise.

I'm just about ready to give in to making a Cecilia. I've got a 4* +SPD/-RES but her SP is tapped out on bad skills since I had her pre-SI. I've been avoiding grinding out 2000+ SP and spending 30k feathers to get her blade and all the skills she needs... But it might be time.

Ninferno

With AA costing no stamina or dueling swords, people are using AA to conduct massive arena scoring research right now and I think they are now pretty close to the exact formula. Some of the findings aren't new, such as the confirmation of 1 arena point = 10 BST = 1 merge, and 1 rarity/star level = 5 points, but here is the new finding: 200SP cost = 1 point. Not just that, they have also found out that not all equipped skills are counted towards the arena score: (6 skills being weapon, assist, special, and ABC)

If you have 5 or 6 skills equipped, only the 4 skills with the highest SP cost are counted.
If you have 4 skills equipped, only the 3 skills with the highest SP cost are counted.

For example, say we have an Ike equipped with Ragnell (400SP), Reposition (150SP), Aether (500SP), Heavy Blade 3 (240SP), Sword Breaker 3 (200 SP), and Hone Def 3 (200 SP). The total arena points contributed from his skills will be (400 + 500 + 240 + 200) / 200 = 6.7. Experiment has confirmed that this fully equipped Ike and him with Hone Def 3 unequipped yield the exact same point (because only the 4 most expensive skills are counted in both cases). However, if you further unequip Reposition, you will start to see fewer points (because now only 3 are counted).

Also, sacred seals do seem to affect scoring. Experiments show that when all 4 team members are equipped with sacred seals, you get roughly one more points. Sacred seals can be considered as level 1 skills (hence 40 ~ 60 SP per seal, around 200 SP for 4 seals) so maybe it makes sense that way. Anyway, no conclusion on the exact calculation on sacred seals yet.

tl;dr:
1 merge = 10 BST. 1 rarity/star level = 50 BST. 20 SP = 1 BST.
Don't be afraid of equipping low-SP-cost skills like the movement skills (150SP) or stats + 3/5 skills (160SP). As long as your other skills are 200 SP or above, it won't affect your score at all.
Aether/Galeforce are gold mines; don't merge your Ikes/Lucinas/Lyns if you care about arena points. Even the 300SP trashes that are the AOE specials can give you +0.5 point compared to Moonbow/Luna/Bonefire.
Put on sacred seals for all your arena team members.

Edit: My original interpretation was wrong. Updated now.

Alkez

I want to give Ninian Swordbreaker but I don't have an Abel. Is it worth me spending 20k feathers to get Sully to 5* for inheritance, or am I better off waiting? The issue is I only have 20k feathers, but I've spent most of my orbs on the last 3 or 4 banners so I won't be pulling Abel anytime soon.

Roman

With AA costing no stamina or dueling swords, people are using AA to conduct massive arena scoring research right now and I think they are now pretty close to the exact formula. Some of the findings aren't new, such as the confirmation of 1 arena point = 10 BST = 1 merge, and 1 rarity/star level = 5 points, but here is the new finding: 200SP cost = 1 point. Not just that, they have also found out that only the 4 skills with the highest SP cost a unit equips will be counted.

For example, say we have an Ike equipped with Ragnell (400SP), Reposition (150SP), Aether (500SP), Heavy Blade 3 (240SP), Sword Breaker 3 (200 SP), and Hone Def 3 (200 SP). The total arena points contributed from his skills will be (400 + 500 + 240 + 200) / 200 = 6.7. Experiment has confirmed that this fully equipped Ike and him with Reposition and Hone Def 3 unequipped yield the exact same point. However, if you further unequip Sword Breaker 3, you will start to see fewer points; 1 point fewer to be exact.

tl;dr:
1 merge = 10 BST. 1 rarity/star level = 50 BST. 20 SP = 1 BST.
Don't be afraid of equipping low-SP-cost skills like the movement skills (150SP) or stats + 3/5 skills (160SP). As long as your other skills are 200 SP or above, it won't affect your score at all.
Aether/Galeforce are gold mines; don't merge your Ikes/Lucinas/Lyns if you care about points. Even the 300SP trashes that are the AOE specials can give you +0.5 point compared to Moonbow/Luna/Bonefire.

I don't know what the source for this is but a few people in arena chat including myself have just tried out unequipping our skills except the four most expensive ones and our score ranges immediately dropped.

I didn't get the 6-month anniversary log-in bonus today. I got all of the other orbs for it but not today's for some reason. This is supposed to be Part 1 running through the 22nd, right?

Edit: Never mind, I misunderstood how the bonus worked. I thought I had one more day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom