• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Cracklox

Thanks, I'll see if there is anything I can donate.

Won't be credits, just got the top rank for my first syndicate and it wiped me lol

There isn't right now. And I wouldn't stress too much about it either.

Frizby, and maybe a few other vets usually have everything funded straight away. If a contribution is needed, there'll usually be a message at the top of clan chat for what we need.

MrDaravon

I've gotten Void Relic refinement unlocked; I'm not sure I'm at a point where I should be waste void echoes (? whatever they're called) to refine anything yet, but should I even be hopping into events at all to use relics or should I be holding onto them? I'm ways into Mars and feel a bit directionless, trying to unlock new nodes and whatnot but feel like I'm missing out by not doing alerts/fissures since I seem to get way more money/drops/etc when I do those.

Also is it just me or does the Archwing stuff kinda suck?

Edit: Also I'm not able to craft either yet, but got blueprint drops for the Boar, Fragor, Heat Sword and Akzani, are any of these good? I'm still focusing on leveling up the MK1 and other basics but am going to hit a point sooner rather than later when I need to start buying/crafting other stuff.

frizby

I've gotten Void Relic refinement unlocked; I'm not sure I'm at a point where I should be waste void echoes (? whatever they're called) to refine anything yet, but should I even be hopping into events at all to use relics or should I be holding onto them? I'm ways into Mars and feel a bit directionless, trying to unlock new nodes and whatnot but feel like I'm missing out by not doing alerts/fissures since I seem to get way more money/drops/etc when I do those.

Also is it just me or does the Archwing stuff kinda suck?

Edit: Also I'm not able to craft either yet, but got blueprint drops for the Boar, Fragor, Heat Sword and Akzani, are any of these good? I'm still focusing on leveling up the MK1 and other basics but am going to hit a point sooner rather than later when I need to start buying/crafting other stuff.

The best thing you can do right now is to keep opening planets and doing quests. There's certainly no harm in running defense and interception fissures when they pop up.

Prettty much any weapon you get as a drop is mastery fodder. The first gun I usually suggest people put some work into is the Sonicor. It's not really an end game gun, but you'll get a ton of mileage out of it.

Dunlop

I've meant to ask, do the links actually work in trade chat or does it just highligh whatever you right between the square brackets?

The only thing I could find online is about the PC which does actually link to items in your inventory

Flipyap

I've meant to ask, do the links actually work in trade chat or does it just highligh whatever you right between the square brackets?

The only thing I could find online is about the PC which does actually link to items in your inventory
Click one of the sticks (L3?) to bring up a recent link history pop-up, from there you can inspect the items directly.

Namikaze1

Just had my first encounter with the Shadow Stalker (never encountered pre-Second Dream Stalker either). Dude straight up wrecked my teammates. My poor Helios sacrificed itself for me during the encounter. We managed to kill it after I revived two of my teammates. Got War BP. I wanted the Dread.

Edit: well I guess a Shadow Stalker reads GAF cause I just had my second encounter and it dropped Dread BP. "Damn, better give him the Dread BP. He gotta earn it though." lol

Cracklox

Just had my first encounter with the Shadow Stalker (never encountered pre-Second Dream Stalker either). Dude straight up wrecked my teammates. My poor Helios sacrificed itself for me during the encounter. We managed to kill it after I revived two of my teammates. Got War BP. I wanted the Dread.

Edit: well I guess a Shadow Stalker reads GAF cause I just had my second encounter and it dropped Dread BP. "Damn, better give him the Dread BP. He gotta earn it though." lol

Wars a better drop from him anyway. I'm sitting on 20 something dread blueprints, and have got 1 War in that time

Namikaze1

Wars a better drop from him anyway. I'm sitting on 20 something dread blueprints, and have got 1 War in that time
I just wanted a better bow than the ones I have. Not even close to last Red Veil rank or MR12 for Rakta Cernos.

As for War, don't intend on sacrificing my only Broken War. Love the sword, and from what I've read, War is slower so until I get a Broken War BP off of Shadow Stalker, I'm gonna keep my current BW.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
*wake up*
*check PS4 Alerts Twitter to see if I missed anything good overnight*

Goddamnit I missed Corrosive Projection? Arrrrgh. I swear all the good stuff goes up when I'm asleep.

Just recently (within the last week) got into the game again after not playing it for probably 3 years? Back then I had no idea what I was doing, I still don't xD.

So far I have crafted Rhino, and am on my way to crafting Oberon just because I realized I had all of his parts(I'm so credit starved though, need to get some of those tonight). Thoughts on Oberon?

VariantX

I just wanted a better bow than the ones I have. Not even close to last Red Veil rank or MR12 for Rakta Cernos.

As for War, don't intend on sacrificing my only Broken War. Love the sword, and from what I've read, War is slower so until I get a Broken War BP off of Shadow Stalker, I'm gonna keep my current BW.

Considering how stingy the droprates are with those parts, It may be years before you get a complete set. Sentients are notoriously horrible at dropping...anything at all. For a short time, you could farm them in the octavia's anthem mission, DE quickly patched that out so the sentients in that mission will drop absolutely nothing if you do a second play through.

I'm missing playing Warframe. Being at work sucks :/

As for the stalker, I've killed him a few times recently and got absolutely nothing from him. At least I think I've killed him as he crouched down and have a wee speech before disappearing...

Namikaze1

I give. Screw this Riven. Not gonna bother attempting to unlock it again. Trying to complete Survival without killing is a pain in the ass. The closest run I had ended at 0:09 seconds. Ran out of oxygen while trying to run to an incoming oxygen tank. And that shit had to spawn so far away from me too.

Dunlop

I give. Screw this Riven. Not gonna bother attempting to unlock it again. Trying to complete Survival without killing is a pain in the ass. The closest run I had ended at 0:09 seconds. Ran out of oxygen while trying to run to an incoming oxygen tank. And that shit had to spawn so far away from me too.
Have a Trinity? Did it pretty easily spamming VE too keep myself alive.

Make sure you remove your companion or it will always do damage

Namikaze1

Is it solo only? Ivara really helps if you have her.
Yeah, I've been doing it solo since my first attempt failed due to a teammate killing something.

Have a Trinity? Did it pretty easily spamming VE too keep myself alive.

Make sure you remove your companion or it will always do damage
I had forgotten to remove Helios but it never attacked (I found out later that's because I took off its weapon and had it on scanning duty for some reason. Whoops.)

But I'm done for now. Too mentally exhausted to give it another go.

J0dy77

Played Warframe on PS4 for two weeks now.

I like it, but don't like the framerate. How is PS4 pro version?.

It's fine in single player and I don't notice much of a dip at all. 4 player I do see a bit of a slow down, not sure if is lag related or video bottle neck. It's not terrible but also there enough for me to notice it.

J0dy77

Question as a new player, been playing about a week and am a bit lost. I think I have an understanding of how things work but it feels like I'm not making much progress in terms of gear.

Should I be focusing on farming relics and then opening them or should i be doing the planets first and getting to better areas? I've maxed out everything that I could buy and don't have many options in terms of gear available to me? What warframe should i focus on farming and where would I get it? I have excalibur and Frost Prime from Amazon maxed out so far.

Question as a new player, been playing about a week and am a bit lost. I think I have an understanding of how things work but it feels like I'm not making much progress in terms of gear.

Should I be focusing on farming relics and then opening them or should i be doing the planets first and getting to better areas? I've maxed out everything that I could buy and don't have many options in terms of gear available to me? What warframe should i focus on farming and where would I get it? I have excalibur and Frost Prime from Amazon maxed out so far.

I'm still pretty new myself, but I farmed Rhino parts from the Jackal (Venus boss) and made Rhino. I am always trying to have something crafting so that I'm not just having time wasted while I'm working or something. Right now I'm crafting Oberon.

I kind of just do what I feel like. If I want to do more planet missions to unlock more missions, I'll do it. If I want to farm relics, I'll do that. To me, it seems like the game kind of lets you play however you want. My focus is on building new things, trying them out, leveling them to raise my mastery rank, and just continue playing the game.

J0dy77

I'm still pretty new myself, but I farmed Rhino parts from the Jackal (Venus boss) and made Rhino. I am always trying to have something crafting so that I'm not just having time wasted while I'm working or something. Right now I'm crafting Oberon.

I kind of just do what I feel like. If I want to do more planet missions to unlock more missions, I'll do it. If I want to farm relics, I'll do that. To me, it seems like the game kind of lets you play however you want. My focus is on building new things, trying them out, leveling them to raise my mastery rank, and just continue playing the game.

Thanks for the input, that's exactly how I want to play the game but can't seem to find new stuff to try. I didn't realize I could farm Jackal. I'll make that my focus today. Where would I get the Rhino blueprint?

Are there any good resources that tell you where things drop? If I had a good reference site seems like it would be a lot easier to get the hang of things.

Thanks for the input, that's exactly how I want to play the game but can't seem to find new stuff to try. I didn't realize I could farm Jackal. I'll make that my focus today. Where would I get the Rhino blueprint?

Are there any good resources that tell you where things drop? If I had a good reference site seems like it would be a lot easier to get the hang of things.

You buy the Rhino Blueprint (as well as most Warframe blueprints) from the Market. I think it will cost something like 35k credits for the blueprint.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki

The warframe wiki is a pretty good place to start. It will show what parts drop on what boss Generally, one boss drops all 3 parts and you just need to grind out runs to get one of each part.

Keep in mind that you'll need platinum to unlock more warframe slots (I believe you get 2 when you start the game, and you got an additional 1 when you got Frost Prime). There are ways to get platinum via trading with players ,although I'm not well versed with that. You should be fine for now if you only have excalibur and frost prime.

Why are people so scared to do intercepts? About 90% the time I do a public syndicate intercept nobody joins. Then half the time when somebody does join they just stand at the entrance waiting for others to join. They're not that difficult. I can solo them pretty easily on Ember but it's much nicer to have others because not enough energy spawns while solo.

frizby

After a few years worth of sorties, I got my first Legendary Core today. I don't really have much use for it, but still...cool.

Is there any reason to hold onto 136 amber star, and 659 cyan star? I feel like I'll never realistically get enough sculptures to plug them all into. So trading them in for endo seems wiser. Is there some sort of safe minimum people keep hold onto?

It's fine in single player and I don't notice much of a dip at all. 4 player I do see a bit of a slow down, not sure if is lag related or video bottle neck. It's not terrible but also there enough for me to notice it.

Bought a Pro yesterday and I like the 4 player mayhem much better now.

I know you're supposed to be excited about rivens but I just don't care about crappy RNG nonsense. I'd have rather gotten 4000 endo than a melee riven from today's sortie.

Cracklox

Sell them for plat? Melee will be easy to sell as well. They still have a little value as far as Rivens go.

I'd happily swap you 4000 endo for it if I could too

Amon37

Chain's of Harrow was cool...

I love fighting waves of enemies with ranged attacks along with an invincible entinty shooting energy balls at you all with 100 health and no way to know the status of my energy

Wowbagger

I know you're supposed to be excited about rivens but I just don't care about crappy RNG nonsense. I'd have rather gotten 4000 endo than a melee riven from today's sortie.

Eh, I have more endo than I'll ever know what to do with. I'll take the rivens, thank you very much. :p

Of course, my opinion might be a tiny bit coloured by the fact my first melee riven was for the Scoliac. After five rolls, the riven boosts CC on slide attacks, range and combo duration. With the weapon's 4/5 disposition, it's... uh... pretty exciting stuff, let me tell you! :D

Guess it's my first "godroll" riven. Should probably sell it for crazy plat before slide attacks are nerfed (bound to happen, right?), but it's too much fun to use.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Oh boy I sure love these lvl 100 physical resist sorties. Esp Kayla and lephantis back to back. Esp when I have to carry 3 mf's whose combined mr doesn't equal mine. Esp when the fucking limbo keeps casting banish on me so I can't cancel the orbital strike and they die every 5 sec. Esp when after 20 min I get another fucking statue for my fucking trouble. Fuck you DE. Fix this fucking shit already. Or I might not bother coming back at all once my rig gets built.

Dommel

I'd also like a Clan invite if possible, really starting to like it after playing it over the weekend to see what the fuss was about.

PSN is Reservebelg, play during EU hours.

I was invited (yay) and then today I log in and I got kicked (boo)?

I maybe didnt play for a maximum of two days in a row, or do I need to post here more often to stay in?

What did I do wrong? :(

Oh boy I sure love these lvl 100 physical resist sorties. Esp Kayla and lephantis back to back. Esp when I have to carry 3 mf's whose combined mr doesn't equal mine. Esp when the fucking limbo keeps casting banish on me so I can't cancel the orbital strike and they die every 5 sec. Esp when after 20 min I get another fucking statue for my fucking trouble. Fuck you DE. Fix this fucking shit already. Or I might not bother coming back at all once my rig gets built.

Lephantis is fun , slash weapons and is just a endurance test

Kela can kiss my lobster skirt, Trinity ftw. Those rollers are a pain and pubs always ignore them so I have to carry the mission

Cracklox

I was invited (yay) and then today I log in and I got kicked (boo)?

I maybe didnt play for a maximum of two days in a row, or do I need to post here more often to stay in?

What did I do wrong? :(

Hmmm.

Welcome! Clan invite sent. Apologies to reservebelg, who I had to remove for space...MR2 with 10 days offline.

The first advice I always give new players is to spend your free starter platinum on Warframe slots and nothing but Warframe slots. They're 20p each. Also be sure to get your free PS+ starter plat in the PS store.

It has been quite busy lately. You'll need to wait till Commander Frizby see's this and works something out

Flipyap

That worked thanks, now in a continuation to my noob question how do I link my own items?
For items with set stats (most things), just type their name in brackets. If you want to link a riven mod, type in [Riven Mod] and when you send the message you'll get a pop-up that lets you to choose the riven you want to link.

Dunlop

For items with set stats (most things), just type their name in brackets. If you want to link a riven mod, type in [Riven Mod] and when you send the message you'll get a pop-up that lets you to choose the riven you want to link.
Awesome thanks, I was typing the literal name of the riven mod between the brackets

Does Frizby, or anyone, have 2 spare Pistol Pestilence they're willing to trade for 2 Malignant Force? Friend and I have been farming Vor but half his drops have been Malignant force.

Edit: Also what's a good build for Lesion? I have the four elemental/status mods, condition overload, and primed pressure/fury at the moment. Should I just use Primed Reach in the last slot? Or something like buzz kill?

frizby

Ah I didn't see his reply. Makes sense, I'll just be patient then.

I'm on an eclipse road trip. Will grab you when I get back. Sorry. A lot of times when a new player is offline for a while, they don't come back.

Edit. Sent.

Does Frizby, or anyone, have 2 spare Pistol Pestilence they're willing to trade for 2 Malignant Force? Friend and I have been farming Vor but half his drops have been Malignant force.

Too easy. Just catch me online.

Wowbagger

Edit: Also what's a good build for Lesion? I have the four elemental/status mods, condition overload, and primed pressure/fury at the moment. Should I just use Primed Reach in the last slot? Or something like buzz kill?

I've been trying out a build without Primed Fury lately, the innate speed boost + Arcane Strike making it plenty fast enough. Food for thought...

Primed Reach is a must, imo.

I've been trying out a build without Primed Fury lately, the innate speed boost + Arcane Strike making it plenty fast enough. Food for thought...

Primed Reach is a must, imo.

I'll try it out when I finally get enough endo to cap reach. But if I switch PPP with it then I still have a vacant slot to figure out what to do with.

Top Bottom