• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pic of the rumored $500 PS4 bundle (New one or the one before they removed the PSeye)

This picture is similar to the pictures that were taken showing the contents of the PS4 box. This might have been the $500 bundle that Sony was going to announce before they decided to remove the game and Eye to make the price $400. Or it may even be a future bundle that may come out soon.

PS4-Knack-Bundle.jpg

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/06/26/picture-of-a-ps4-bundle-with-playstation-camera-and-knack-leaked/

The $400 one:

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
From what Shu Yoshida said, they may well announce a premium bundle later, for launch. Camera + a game would make sense, from a value point of view, of a 500 bundle vs the 400 model. Obviously the camera alone wouldn't do it, with it being only $60 separately.

madmackem

More than likely a bundle they will sell, they will offer a full bundle at or soon after launch just like they sell full move ps3 bundles etc. choice is king.

Liamario

Banned
From what Shu Yoshida said, they may well announce a premium bundle later, for launch. Camera + a game would make sense, from a value point of view, of a 500 bundle vs the 400 model. Obviously the camera alone wouldn't do it, with it being only $60 separately.
They should make that $500 bundle available for launch as well.

Hedge

I'm so glad the eye is not a part of the bundle. Do. not. want. ever.

I do want Knack though. Reminds me of PS1 games like Spyro and Crash Bandicoot and all those.

Yeah, he mentioned that on Podcast Beyond, but he also made sure to point out that the $400 model is the main one for them. So, I really wouldn't even expect them to advertise the $500 model much.

satam55

Banned
If Sony were to offer a PS4 bundle that included the PS4 camera, a choice of either of "Knack" or "Driveclub", & a free PS+ trial for $499, that would be very attractive to the broad mainstream family audience compared to the XB1. It would also guarantee a higher adoption rate of the PS4 Camera. It should be a no-brainier for Sony.

Gorillaz

They will eventually put this bundle out tho. Maybe closer to launch or something after the holidays...but I think they will come back to it

coldone

That is a $20 saving. I am all for it.

I bought PS Eye on a black friday sale with Move & Tigerwoods for $50. I have a feeling that there will some game bundles. All is not lost.

It was a good move to keep the cost under control.

sakipon

I'm okay with optional bundles. I might even get the Eye some day down the line if there's interesting games.

A good decision.

KissVibes

Banned
So, what does the camera do? Is it like Kinect? Am I going to get a really awesome dancing game for it like Dance Central? Or is another one of those things Sony doesn't really care about like Move?

Minions

So, what does the camera do? Is it like Kinect? Am I going to get a really awesome dancing game for it like Dance Central? Or is another one of those things Sony doesn't really care about like Move?

To be perfectly honest... the move got about the same amount of care as the kinect did from Microsoft.

dr_rus

Great move if that was the only planned SKU at $500. I don't care about Knack and I sure as hell don't want the PS4Eye.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Yeah, he mentioned that on Podcast Beyond, but he also made sure to point out that the $400 model is the main one for them. So, I really wouldn't even expect them to advertise the $500 model much.

For sure, they're pushing on the 399 box. But if there's a bundle coming they have to announce it at some point :) I'm sure it'll be there for launch, launch buyers are optimal targets for this type of bundle.

If they wanted the camera to be widely used by developers then it should've been standard. Now there's no point in developing for any ps eye features as its not standard.

Unless Sony push for all 3rd party devs who use kinect functionality to include those same features for the ps eye then I can see this not being supported.

Not a good idea. It will create some kind of perception of price parity with Xbone.

The $400 version could be somehow perceived as inferior. Another issue is Sony could be tempted to ship more of the more profitable version leading to shortages of the 399 one.

I was so happy to see both go to ONE SKU this time too...

So it's a pic from a video and not a still for an ad at all.

I'm not saying that Sony won't have a higher sku at some point with the camera, I just don't like the jump in logic the article makes.

As for personal opinion i think a single $399 sku makes more sense because then it's $100 cheaper. If you have a $500 sku it looks like you can get the good version for the real price or a shitty one for less. See xbox 360 arcade units and Wii U standard editions for lower price skus that people view as inferior.

People around here, me included, would still get the $399 because fuck the camera. But the general public would see it as the ps4 and xbox one are at the same price.

If they get far enough ahead in preorders i could see them doing it. At that point they are already winning and then this gives the eye a better chance at survival.

orioto

Good Art™
If they really think Knack is going to move some consoles they need a reality check at some point...

That's Sony's problem in general. They are totally delusional about some of their ip's potential.. Think what you want about Titan Fall but it will probably sell better (ok, on pc :p ) than Knack, Drive Club and Kill Zone cumulated... Sony is always doing is own shit not really caring.

NateDrake

I'm not saying that Sony won't have a higher sku at some point with the camera, I just don't like the jump in logic the article makes.

I agree with you. I think the image is just that...an image showing the system, camera, and a game. It doesn't really indicate a bundle was or is planned -- a PS4, camera, and Knack bundle is certainly likely, though.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Not a good idea. It will create some kind of perception of price parity with Xbone.

It's just an official bundle with a game and accessories.

I think there's less risk of that vs, say, two boxes that are just the same but with different machine spec (e.g. HDD size or other features, ala the original PS3 models).

There will be retail bundles doing the same thing unofficially on both platforms.

Another issue is Sony could be tempted to ship more of the more profitable version leading to shortages of the 399 one.

I don't think that will be happening given the prominence Sony has placed on the 399 box. Retail is taking orders on the 399 box right now from Sony. If Sony wanted more bundles they should have announced it, and started taking orders on it, at the same time.

mylasthope

Neo Member

As for personal opinion i think a single $399 sku makes more sense because then it's $100 cheaper. If you have a $500 sku it looks like you can get the good version for the real price or a shitty one for less. See xbox 360 arcade units and Wii U standard editions for lower price skus that people view as inferior.

People around here, me included, would still get the $399 because fuck the camera. But the general public would see it as the ps4 and xbox one are at the same price.

If they get far enough ahead in preorders i could see them doing it. At that point they are already winning and then this gives the eye a better chance at survival.

I'm glad to see that you feel so much hatred towards the camera. I can't even begin to think of what the ps3's camera did to you to engender such feelings. ;)

It's just an official bundle with a game and accessories.

I think there's less risk of that vs, say, two boxes that are just the same but with different machine spec (e.g. HDD size or other features, ala the original PS3 models).

There will be retail bundles doing the same thing unofficially on both platforms.

I don't think that will be happening given the prominence Sony has placed on the 399 box. Retail is taking orders on the 399 box right now from Sony. If Sony wanted more bundles they should have announced it, and started taking orders on it, at the same time.

Agreed. There are retailers pushing controller/camera bundles any way.

Top Bottom