• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump gently, lovingly guides Montenegro PM to one side to get in front for photo

hZifWyJ.gif

https://twitter.com/politico/status/867774801531871232

A gentle nudge from Trump.
tumblr_inline_o472aa416F1s6zvsc_500.gif

akileese

Who taught this man how to shake hands? Never was I taught to yank someone in like that and I'm surprised he hasn't had a lawsuit by dislocating a shoulder with that maneuver.

It's an alpha male bullshit power move. You grip super hard and pull them in because idiots think it asserts dominance. I would bet top dollar his handshake is....about 20 percent of the reason he was elected.

To me what is worse than his grab and shove out of the way is that preening bullshit he did with his face and throat when he reached the front.
Like he is among a whole bunch of world leaders you don't get to be a PM without having a streak of alpha male/alpha female characteristics, but Trumps ego is just beyond ridiculous. All the more ridiculous considering his track record. If the two diverge any further it is going to rend the fabric of space time.

If there are aliens watching the earth this would be a good moment to appear and tell him he is a worm and not even a glowing one.

Fercho

I hate this man with a passion.

I loved how Macron made him look like the small piece of shit he really is. In a way, what Macron did it's more offensive than the push from the orange turd.

akira28

LMAO, first Putin tries to have Montenegro PM killed, now Trump is bulldogging him in photo ops.

plus the lady at the end with the handshake attempt.

What in the world do these people talk about during moments such as this? Where they are just amiably walking together for the photo op?

If that was me I'd just me going "bla bla bla bla, yes that's nice here's a smile, bla bla bla"

I mean it's not as though they can have any kind of substantive conversation like that, it must be semi socially awkward, so what do they say? "oh yes, we have to go this way now, oh ok i'm being told we gottah stand here, oh yes that's interesting"

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
God, this gif loaded in an amazing way for me. The beginning was slow motion, but as soon as Trump reached for the guy it sped up to like 3x it's natural speed, then slowed down again as soon as Trump stood in front of everyone else.

Had me in stitches. I wish that was the actual speed play of the GIF because it was amazing.

I swear, all of Trump's expression, body language and action makes me want to punch him... hard. I'm not sure anyone can find a pic or .gif that can make this man likeable for me.

Haruko

I had family today sharing/liking the ABC News facebook post of this video, adding how they were happy he did it and took it as just more #maga in action.

smh...

Risible

At first I was like fuck anyone defending this, he clearly shoves him out of the way.

However, after viewing it a bunch of times, I think he comes up behind him, slips his arm around him and pulls him towards him while giving him a kinda "attaboy" pat on the back. You can even see the other dude extricate his arm from Trump's at the end.

I think it's the angle. It's less cut and dried than it seems at first.

watershed

Banned
At first I was like fuck anyone defending this, he clearly shoves him out of the way.

However, after viewing it a bunch of times, I think he comes up behind him, slips his arm around him and pulls him towards him while giving him a kinda "attaboy" pat on the back. You can even see the other dude extricate his arm from Trump's at the end.

Are you kidding? Trump so clearly uses his right hand to move the guy out of the way and he doesn't even look at him. It's not an attaboy or a greeting at all. He's a rude asshole and this gif shows that perfectly.

Loudninja

Umm no.

Risible

Are you kidding? Trump so clearly uses his right hand to move the guy out of the way and he doesn't even look at him. It's not an attaboy or a greeting at all. He's a rude asshole and this gif shows that perfectly.

Stop focusing on the right hand. Watch it again focusing on the left shoulder and arm. You can see he hugs him and the PM even removes his arm from under Trump's arm after the hug.

watershed

Banned
Stop focusing on the right hand. Watch it again focusing on the left shoulder and arm. You can see he hugs him and the PM even removes his arm from under Trump's arm after the hug.

You're fooling yourself. Trump doesn't even look at the guy or say anything to him. This was not a friendly gesture.

Vyer

Why does the PM remove his hand from under Trump's arm?

He reacted because he probably thought he was getting some sort of acknowledgment from someone behind him, instead it turned out he was just getting moved out of the way.

Watch his face. He doesn't know what the hell just happened, especially when trump fails to acknowledge him after the contact. He's expecting some sort of friendly greeting.

watershed

Banned
Why does the PM remove his hand from under Trump's arm?

Probably because he was trying to be friendly or was unexpectedly pushed out of the way by someone who didn't even look at him? What does that have to do with Trump rudely moving this guy out of his way?

Trump handled it in typical trump fashion, like a twat. Monte was crossing and cutting in front to line up at the front, unaware of walking in front of Trump. Take the camera perspective into account and at the start watch Monte's movement, he's fading across Trump's line to walk to the front. Nothing intentional by Monte but then Trump foul balls-it-up as only he can. Monte's arm getting caught up was Monte thinking Trump was approaching to shake hands but Monte got his hand/arm caught up, then removed it.

BorganXI

Any idea what that exchange was at the end? The lady next to Trump extends her hand out, in what looks like a "What was that?" gesture. Then Trump jabs his finger, glares at her, and seems to say something, not in a nice way.

Opto

Banned
NATO, hold on. We're trying really hard to get rid of him, but plan on us not helping out for the next 2-4 years

NBtoaster

That's such a needlessly aggressive motion lol

and the way his face just immediately changes to pose for the cameras is hilarious

What a fucking jerk, "I WANNA SIT IN THE FRONT!" as he starts fucking shoving and pulling on everyone else.

Do tell what he as done to earn our praise instead.

Please.

Name something.

The order of the pic was pre-determined, he was definitely supposed to be in front. It's how he got there that is moderately questionable.

soldat7

The order of the pic was pre-determined, he was definitely supposed to be in front. It's how he got there that is moderately questionable.

"Moderately questionable" is a bit of an understatement, no? He literally WWF'd a Prime Minister. If there was a fold-up chair nearby, that PM would have been laid out in a whirlwind of orange fury.

"Moderately questionable" is a bit of an understatement, no? He literally WWF'd a Prime Minister. If there was a fold-up chair nearby, that PM would have been laid out in a whirlwind of orange fury.

Look, it's inappropriate, but the hyperbole here is ridiculous. He put his hand on his chest , moved him aside, then patted him on the back and smiled at him. Terrible diplomatic protocol, clearly, but it's the kind of thing that, were he a decent president, it'd pretty much be a non-story.

Euphor!a

Banned
Look, it's inappropriate, but the hyperbole here is ridiculous. He put his hand on his chest , moved him aside, then patted him on the back and smiled at him. Terrible diplomatic protocol, clearly, but it's the kind of thing that, were he a decent president, it'd pretty much be a non-story.

Smiled at him? Doesn't even look like he acknowledges his existence outside of pushing him out of the way.

ISOM

Smiled at him? Trump didn't even look at him throughout that exchange.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Weird, in the video I watched he actually put his hand on his arm, aggressively pushed him to the side to push in front, didn't pat him on the back, didn't even look at him and also didn't smile. Are you wearing your Conway-Specs™?

Dommo

I'll say that it's something that requires context of the person previously that makes this a story.

If we saw Obama do this, who by most accounts/past actions seems to be a fairly warm, professional, respectful sort of person, it would definitely be less of a story and nobody would be jumping to any sort of conclusion.

But this is a guy who by every account is an arrogant, oblivious, egomaniacal, narcissistic, desperate, lonely bully, so his actions here fit perfectly into the contextual persona we understand Trump as. It's just the most logical conclusion to make here to say that Trump is arrogantly pushing a world leader out of the way as some kind of weird power play, oblivious to the message it sends to those around him. It makes too much sense.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

That kind of stuff would never fly with our prime minister.

tUbyQc.gif

Madness

It was very disrespectful. This is a man who was given death threats by Russians and intense pressure by Putin not to join NATO, he joins only to have the American president disrespect him like that. This is something that will take a long time to recover from diplomatically. Every major leader of NATO saw this and will talk about it. His comments on the budget. Things like Germans being bad/evil. Trump would rather call his fellow Americans killera than Russia/Putin.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Are you watching the video of him shaking the French President or something and not the gif in the OP?

Markoman

This could've been a scene from a Mel Brooks/Monty Python movie, especially when you look at Trumps face.

I hope Montenegro invades the US now.

Amalthea

Banned
This is so cringe-worthy, especially the little strut at the end - just how small is this guy's penis?
Remember those extremely tiny, peg-like, fleshy growths some people have on their necks? I bet it's about the size and shape of one of these.

Future

Trump handled it in typical trump fashion, like a twat. Monte was crossing and cutting in front to line up at the front, unaware of walking in front of Trump. Take the camera perspective into account and at the start watch Monte's movement, he's fading across Trump's line to walk to the front. Nothing intentional by Monte but then Trump foul balls-it-up as only he can. Monte's arm getting caught up was Monte thinking Trump was approaching to shake hands but Monte got his hand/arm caught up, then removed it.

"Like a twat" should be the name of trumps first presidential album

Top Bottom