• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Moondrop

Banned
Fo' reals. Everyone's complaining about the smartphone voice chat on Switch, but I'm grateful that it's being kept separate i.e. optional i.e. I won't have to listen to your bitching.

Now I'm not defending the overall smartphone integration into Switch- that could still be a disaster.

Fo' reals. Everyone's complaining about the smartphone voice chat on Switch, but I'm grateful that it's being kept separate i.e. optional i.e. I won't have to listen to your bitching.

Now I'm not defending the overall smartphone integration into Switch- that could still be a disaster.

Splatoon would be great if you could give directions and that was it. C'mon and Booyah (and even the new "This Way" or whatever) isn't great. I wish I could warn people there's someone near our spawn, or there's someone approaching. Although there's a whole myriad of stuff I'd want to tell my teammates.

Regiruler

You don't need to go the long way to get to an enemy's right alcove in Port Mackeral. Yet people are incapable of climbing the surface on the middle area then jumping to get to there.

I was up on the black object and someone even super jumped to me, but they then seemed to get off.

I hate being back in A+ rank.

Toadsili T

Neo Member
As a general heads up to people who still frequent/lurk this OT, you may find that the Discord Invite link in the OT no longer works. This is because the invite link has recently been revoked as a precautionary measure based on a recent banning of a problematic member.

For those that are interested in joining, please feel free to PM me here on GAF, and I will be able to provide you with an invite link.

That was a fun late night session of squids. =) Vanilla bucket is still a bit strange to me for killing though. I actually prefer the machines for that.

Moondrop

Banned
Salt spray splatzones still garbage tier
As a custom blaster main, my most exhilarating splatzone fights are in Salt Spray (or Museum for the same reasons). I can single-handedly defend the whole zone by using the central pillar to cover my 12 o'clock and then holding off attacks from my left and right flanks. The only way to beat it is a double team (or a good sniper).

Regiruler

What do these even mean?

The north area.

Stay there and attack the point from there. It's deliberately designed to be hard to attack, so keep someone there so people can super jump to it.
If it looks like you're going to lose the zone, retreat upwards.
It means he should play with us because it will be super fun :3

>:3

I've said I would play, I just don't want to join discord.

Geeky

I played ranked for the first time in a long time the other day and made my way to B+ (mostly due to the pressure of the possibility losing despite not ever really going on a losing streak).

It was tower control and i felt like in the hand full of games I played that I was really the only one trying to move the tower when things got clear. Is there a new meta i am not aware of? It just felt weird.

I hope Nintendo has a big ad campaign in store for Splatoon 2. Since it will be summer time I would imagine different squirt guns would be a good tie-in.

RedFyn

I played ranked for the first time in a long time the other day and made my way to B+ (mostly due to the pressure of the possibility losing despite not ever really going on a losing streak).

It was tower control and i felt like in the hand full of games I played that I was really the only one trying to move the tower when things got clear. Is there a new meta i am not aware of? It just felt weird.

I hope Nintendo has a big ad campaign in store for Splatoon 2. Since it will be summer time I would imagine different squirt guns would be a good tie-in.
No, people just don't know how to play. Also basically everyone that plays regularly that has any idea what they're doing have moved up in rank. They'll get better as you rank up.

Geeky

No, people just don't know how to play. Also basically everyone that plays regularly that has any idea what they're doing have moved up in rank. They'll get better as you rank up.

Even at the B rank? I remember when rank started and people didn't know to take the rainmaker to the opposite side and being frustrated with that, but you would think B Rank would have some idea of the objective.

Regiruler

Even at the B rank? I remember when rank started and people didn't know to take the rainmaker to the opposite side and being frustrated with that, but you would think B Rank would have some idea of the objective.

B rank is basically what C+ used to be.
As in you can get there as long as you know the controls.

They only start to understand the objective at A-, but they still are prone to major fuckups until S.

S rank is hell unless you get some great synergy. You need to be in a good state of mind to even rank up here.

hey this happened to me last night!

I was at A+ and then ranked down twice when playing recently

I've been out of the game for a while and, man, I suck now lol

I've been noticing you in Turf a lot recently. Would it be ok to invade ( join ) the room every now and then?

Robotguy

I usually play it kinda as a support weapon, and focus on controlling area by inking and disrupting, and using bubble sharing to make pushes / halt enemy pushes. And when you do fight people use the stage geometry to take advantage of the slosher's ability to hit targets below you, or on the other side of things.
Granted I'm not much of a slosher player, but I did mess around with tri slosher for a while.

Biske

I can confirm Bubbler Tri-Slosher is the GOAT.

Sometimes I use the other Sloshers for range, but the spread of the Tri Slosher is the best, catch so many people unawares.

ChrisD

Ugh, Internet was acting up a few days ago, so we fiddled with the router. Wanted to play some Splatoon tonight, but evidently whatever we did, despite fixing all mobile devices, 3DS's, and the PS3/4, isn't working with the Wii U. It just won't connect to the Wi-Fi no matter what.

Time to fiddle with stuff again, I guess. See what breaks down this time. :X

abd

So I was just think what are the unwritten rules we all agree to for Splatoon?

For instance, pushing Bubble users off of the map.

phanphare

Banned
I missed museum zones

edit: that feel when you get into another splat zones lobby with less than 1 minute left in the rotation

edit 2: and then get knocked out with ease..

ChrisD

So I was just think what are the unwritten rules we all agree to for Splatoon?

For instance, pushing Bubble users off of the map.

As a Bubble main, this is my favorite thing to do and die to.

"Always fire your first Inkzooka shot at the Sniper" has to be another.

Biske

As a Bubble main, this is my favorite thing to do and die to.

"Always fire your first Inkzooka shot at the Sniper" has to be another.

There is a beautiful satisfaction of going out of your way to get the Sniper. I could say I'm trying to help out my team, free up their movement, their safety, gain advantage, but nah, I just hate them.

For you Snipers, does it mess up your mojo when someone targets you doggedly, seemingly abandoning any other objective in the game?

Robotguy

I had a game a little while back where a bubbler shared his bubble with his teammate and I successfully pushed both of them into the water. Very satisfying.
Also, fuck snipers.

SM239

Also, fuck snipers.

NuYVpUS.jpg

This kills me every time I think about it lmao

There is a beautiful satisfaction of going out of your way to get the Sniper. I could say I'm trying to help out my team, free up their movement, their safety, gain advantage, but nah, I just hate them.

For you Snipers, does it mess up your mojo when someone targets you doggedly, seemingly abandoning any other objective in the game?

Lmao I do this as a roller. I go out of my way to climb all the way up to wherever they are and pursue them. Bonus points to the ones with the Kraken special and I stop them with my roller and then get them when they come out of it.

Toadsili T

Neo Member
For those of you who have sent me requests for Discord invites, please check your PM boxes. You should have a shiny link waiting for you. :)

Sorry I have taken a while to get to them; I've been busy moving halfway around the world and setting myself up. Sadly, I now don't have a monitor to plug my Wii U/future Switch into... which will hopefully be rectified in the next few days.

Been too busy to play anyway. ^^

RedFyn

Don't tell me we have to get you a monitor too toad.

Let's see:
Quiet Coffee Maker
Proper Keyboard
Monitor

Anything else to add to the list?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Thanks! I wish I watched more of this years Koshien, only tuned in for Fukuoka >.>
The games have probably been better, but it's hard for me to distinguish the finalist teams since there were few quirks or distinct crowd appeal power, so they kinda all meld together and out of 48 current players, only 1 is female. I was like, who was this team again and had to rewatch all the final matches. Hopefully Kanto's B block pulls through with a certain awesome team.

Top Bottom