• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered available now standalone

yansolo

I reckon the cod guys over at activision or sledgehammer or whoever they are are just taking the piss now, inside joke trying to see how far they can go just for a laugh.

KC Denton

Didn't it? You seem to imply that wasn't the case. IW sold significantly less than earlier games. Whether or not it was 2016s most sold game isn't really relevant, maybe it didn't have a lot of competition (although selling more than BF1 really feels off...). The drop in sales was very noticeable, and apparently enough for Activision to not be satisfied with it.

"Maybe it didn't have a lot of competition?" The way everyone was talking up Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 it sounded like CoD was going to be smashed into the ground by the combined might of those 2 games and not even chart on the NPD.

Leyasu

Banned
I would buy this in a heartbeat. But no way on this earth will I buy an fps that doesn't have dedicated servers.

Fuck off Activision

HF2014

You can find the legacy edition for less than this and play two games instead of one.

Well the PS4 version require a code, which if it as been use made the Legacy Edition useless if you buy it used. Wanted to pick that up for cheap used, but knowing that made me wait.

f@luS

More than a member.
Call of duty IW legacy (including MW) on amazon fr : 29e (brand new )
Call of duty MW Pstore : 39e

Yep. Amazing price

Will wait for 20€ maximum. Don't care about Iw

d1ddy

I went to Walmart last night to grab it, they didn't have it and then I bought a psn card ... when can I buy it :(

Cels

So I'll need to keep inserting the disc of game X to play game Y.

Shame, had hoped that I could play MW without needing to insert the IW disc.

well, if you have the version that doesn't require the disc then you won't need the disc

but if you have a version that does require a disc then nothing will change for you

it's logical but it was always stupid in the first place

$40?! For a remaster that came out 10 months ago as a $20 surcharge?

Activision is doing EVERYTHING they can to make sure I don't play this game. If they released it a year ago at $40 I would have played it by now. But I'm not going to be part of their extortion racket. :)

Daffy Duck

Just as a heads up, this release comes with an update that brings in even more new guns.

DDV9FuaVoAAJhWe.jpg:large

Are you fucking kidding me?

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Boy , oh boy do I want to get this.

But I'm afeared young gamers have long surpassed my skill level since 2007-8.

COD play has evolved way beyond even MW2 bloat.

I feel my nostalgia of being 1st in FFA consistently will get shredded by a windmill of razor sharp reality checks.

jacobs34

Boy , oh boy do I want to get this.

But I'm afeared young gamers have long surpassed my skill level since 2007-8.

COD play has evolved way beyond even MW2 bloat.

I feel my nostalgia of being 1st in FFA consistently will get shredded by a windmill of razor sharp reality checks.

You'd be surprised how fast you get back into the swing of things. This game is so much more about strategically moving from cover to cover than the crazy movement that older player like me can struggle with. I've never been great at COD but every time I jump back into MWR, I find myself playing as well as I ever did after a couple of warm up matches.

jmizzal

Well if anybody was hoping they could finally dump their IW disc, I got some bad news for you.

Via Twitter

That makes no sense, if you brought IW Legacy edition you paid for both games, if you sell the game the person who buys it doesnt get access to MWR. You should be able to play the game without the disk now that its standalone.

Yu Furealdo

When seeing this in the PS Store today, there was a split second where I wanted to bite the bullet... then I saw the price and felt disgusted. No way am I playing $40 for a game that was a $20 add-on for another CoD that came out almost a year ago.

I'm not touching the series until either this gets a huge price drop or their newer games adopt the DLC model that Battlefront 2, Titanfall 2, and Overwatch have. WWII looks decent, not gonna lie, but I hate buying CoD and having to choose between sticking with the 7 maps on launch or buying a $50 season pass that splits the community.

That makes no sense, if you brought IW Legacy edition you paid for both games, if you sell the game the person who buys it doesnt get access to MWR. You should be able to play the game without the disk now that its standalone.

Only normal people think this way.

jacobs34

I'm not sure who's idea it was to have Bog be the remake map for this release, but boy is it unplayable in modes like Hardpoint. I played a couple of matches and either spawned directly in front of or behind an enemy about a dozen times. It's a bit of a bummer that you have to play the map to get the weapon skins.

HF2014

Ah! Pulled the trigger on it for PS4. The variety map pack is on special atm, are the four maps worth it?

Overboost

Ah! Pulled the trigger on it for PS4. The variety map pack is on special atm, are the four maps worth it?

Enjoy! MWR is still my most played game of 2016 and 2017 (so far).

The player base with the variety pack was really small before today (often couldn't find matches in anything but TDM, FFA, S&D) but hopefully the standalone release will get a few hundred thousand more people in there.

Sucks that those maps weren't included but they'll probably never be cheaper than they are this week. All 4 maps are great if you didn't play them back in the day, especially Broadcast and Chinatown. Killhouse is great for completing challenges too.

Variety Map Pack was free on the 360 back in the day.

Nope, it was only free on PC. $10 on 360 and PS3.

HF2014

Enjoy! MWR is still my most played game of 2016 and 2017 (so far).

The player base with the variety pack was really small before today (often couldn't find matches in anything but TDM, FFA, S&D) but hopefully the standalone release will get a few hundred thousand more people in there.

Sucks that those maps weren't included but they'll probably never be cheaper than they are this week. All 4 maps are great if you didn't play them back in the day, especially Broadcast and Chinatown. Killhouse is great for completing challenges too.

First time playing it! Was initiate with COD with Black Ops. Having a modern like COD to play is a good thing.( really had no interest having to space double jump wall running cod) Im tempt to get the variety pack, but kind of affraid i will have difficulty finding game if i install it. And btw, the total game is 70gb, is this freakin normal??

Top Bottom