• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday the 13th: The Game |OT| You and your friends are dead. GAME OVER

AJ Mason is an alien. Her green guts after Jason punches through just proves it. #Xenomorph
Reminds me, I wish someone would take another shot at alien: colonial marine's multiplayer. It was a lot like L4D and while it definitely wasn't perfect, it did good at capturing the paranoia of being hunted by xenomorphs. Constantly swerving around and eyeing the walls and ceiling for a sneaking alien was tense.

Pilgrimzero

I had Dead by Daylight on OC but never even touched it. I rebought it on PS4 to play with friends but I'm wondering if Friday the 13th would've been a better option for us.

From what I understand DBD has more content, plays better while Friday has a lot of jank but it has fan service, better atmosphere and tension. Am I correct there ?

Also is Friday 60FPS or 30FPS on consoles ?

Even if I have friends elsewhere?

If you have a group of friends to play with instead of randos then play whatever. Though PS4 will still have connection issues the PC version doesn't (currently)

I actually quite like the teamkilling aspect of the game. Adds another level to the meta. Yeah, when they're working in cahoots with Jason it can be a drag, but the added tension of having to keep an eye on a loose cannon within your 'team' can be fun.

Had an amusing game last night. A group had assembled all of the parts for the car and left them all lying by it. I'd heard on the radio that they were getting ready to go in the blue car (4 seat) so I beelined towards it, hoping for a lift.

When I got there, everyone else had scattered, leaving the gas, keys etc on the ground. So, I got everything fixed, got in and drove off hearing their howls of frustration over chat.

Dick move? Certainly. But while playing that character, it's precisely what I would do. Twas delicious.

I helped them out in the next round, keeping Jason busy while others made their getaway.

I recently had a game where I somehow collected both keys. I then ended up dying in some remote location where nobody could find me casually.

Why didn't you drop a pair off somewhere?

maxresdefault.jpg

Levito

Banned
I put about 27 hours into the game and had a bunch of fun, but I think I'm kinda done with it. There needs to be more variety in terms of maps and gameplay modes.

HiiiLife

I put about 27 hours into the game and had a bunch of fun, but I think I'm kinda done with it. There needs to be more variety in terms of maps and gameplay modes.

Yeah it was only a matter of time before the same 3 maps became boring. And I think I can finally say now that's it's been a month, with still no patch in sight for Xbox, I can see the playerbase getting fed up with it.

Yeah it was only a matter of time before the same 3 maps became boring. And I think I can finally say now that's it's been a month, with still no patch in sight for Xbox, I can see the playerbase getting fed up with it.

Also seeing lot more shitty behavior amongst players. Lot of shitty goofing off, team killing, exploiting, etc going on than at launch.

HiiiLife

I usually don't do things like that but since the greed was there, I decided to just rp my character.

I've been hustled enough by players taking advantage of my good conscience, it's currently at the point where I'm using you as just another step that'll guarantee my survival. But I won't tell you :)

Don't worry. Not friendly firing, or glitching. Just being Chad (or Tiffany).

Brandwin

How's report going to work? Play multiple games with same group, they are jerks and report you each round, then I am banned because of assholes?

HiiiLife

Just give the person the option to boot when they betray consecutively...like in the Halo series. Makes me wonder why more devs haven't implemented stuff Bungie has done regarding griefers since last gen.

Sephzilla

Just give the person the option to boot when they betray consecutively...like in the Halo series. Makes me wonder why more devs haven't implemented stuff Bungie has done regarding griefers since last gen.

The Halo system kind of always sucked though and was pretty inconsistent.

*Guy teamkills me twice because I took the Sniper Rifle - no option to boot*
*I accidentally teamkill someone because a Wraith shot blew up some canisters that took out a teammate along with 3 enemies - BOOT*

I team killed tonight for the first time and it felt gooooood!

Me and my mate were playing, my mate got to be Jason, it's Packanack Lodge, about 4 of the counsellors do the glitch to get on the lodge roof, me not being a massive loser doesn't know how to do the glitch, or I would have gone up and killed them all. Their all just standing on the roof flashing the lights at me and Jason who are standing dumbstruck by the car.

Eventually one of the 4 comes down when Jason leaves and puts the gas in, they run back up to glitch out and I catch them leaning up against the wall crouching up and down and I just decided fuck it and bashed her brains in with a baseball bat.

Later I found a shotgun, the three that are still gltiching are all standing up there, I aim up at one pull the trigger and take two of the fuckers out! Didn't feel remotely bad. Happily accepted my 1 xp to kill three glitchers ruining the game for everyone else, just wish I could have killed the 4th.

Gave my mate a hard time because he got 2 kills as Jason to my 3 as Kenny Lol.

jeremy1456

I've killed players on purpose before and didn't feel bad.

Sometimes there have been too many players waiting by the car while you and others are fixing it up. These are usually the non-voice chat types who always seem to try to jump in despite not helping with anything. The first to run to the woods when Jason shows up and someone is trying to install a part.

Multiple times with these types of players I've installed the last part only to see them all jump in and take off without me. Thats why I always make sure to drop a baseball bat near the car or boat. If they aren't chatting, and are just waiting I assume they will betray me and the other players, so I often warn them they aren't coming with us, and if they still don't leave I put them down.

Also, when a silent someone runs into a house and tries to nab all the loot and doesn't help with deadbolting or locking doors I will knock them around because I assume they will betray me.

I've been betrayed too many times. If I don't have a solid line of communication with the player, and they aren't helping and choose instead to wait and let everyone else do the work they're not going to help me, or the others I'm working with then allowing them to live will most likely be detrimental to my survival.

jviggy43

I've killed players on purpose before and didn't feel bad.

Sometimes there have been too many players waiting by the car while you and others are fixing it up. These are usually the non-voice chat types who always seem to try to jump in despite not helping with anything. The first to run to the woods when Jason shows up and someone is trying to install a part.

Multiple times with these types of players I've installed the last part only to see them all jump in and take off without me. Thats why I always make sure to drop a baseball bat near the car or boat. If they aren't chatting, and are just waiting I assume they will betray me and the other players, so I often warn them they aren't coming with us, and if they still don't leave I put them down.

Also, when a silent someone runs into a house and tries to nab all the loot and doesn't help with deadbolting or locking doors I will knock them around because I assume they will betray me.

I've been betrayed too many times. If I don't have a solid line of communication with the player, and they aren't helping and choose instead to wait and let everyone else do the work they're not going to help me, or the others I'm working with then allowing them to live will most likely be detrimental to my survival.
Moral of the story, please use a fucking Mic if you're playing online lol.

jeremy1456

Moral of the story, please use a fucking Mic if you're playing online lol.

Lol yes. It's impossible to trust those without a mic.

Then you have the quick betrayers over voice chat. The one who points out to Jason that it would be more worthwhile to him to get the other nearby player who has the gas/battery.

Had an instance where I had the battery and another player sold me out like that, and Jason went after me. Jason got me and killed me and they never found the battery I was carrying.

I came back as Tommy Jarvis and was protecting four players who were all chatting and installing the final parts of the car. That same player who sold me out runs up and starts waiting by the car. I blasted him, and told the other players 'you're welcome' and explained how he's a liability to keep alive. Everyone was laughing their asses off.

I picked up the dead player's axe and fended them against Jason, and prevented Jason from using his warp ability. They all survived haha.

Thing is I find it a ton of fun to figure out who you can actually trust, and to weed out the ones who have proven they can't be.

jeremy1456

They need to fix the Packanack roof glitch now. It's getting ridiculous to have it happen each match now.

I haven't seen it yet, but I'm going to look it up on YouTube for how to do it just so when I'm a counselor I can kill everyone who uses that exploit.

Tinman dX

Banned
Think someone said it here before, but Jason really needs to be able to hide in cabinets and outhouses and not have his music play.

I just played a match where this little kid was super into it and started giving me instructions in game like he wanted me to follow his lead.
I thought it was so funny that I just went along with it haha.

He must have been about 10-12 and it was really adorable how serious he was about playing the game properly and completing objectives etc.
When he found a wrench in a house, he announced that he found a wrench even though afaik the wrench isn't a particularly effective weapon and one I tend to avoid picking up. Aww...

After a match earlier today with 3 roof glitchers who were probably around the same age as him, it was refreshing to see that the future isn't entirely doomed.

LUXURY

I haven't seen it yet, but I'm going to look it up on YouTube for how to do it just so when I'm a counselor I can kill everyone who uses that exploit.

You have to go up into the corner room with the rug (where the phone sometimes is) and go near the rocking chair and face the rug and just keep crouching. Soon enough you'll glitch onto the room. I tried to kill someone with a shotgun but missed. Jason, myself and three others tried to kill him but one had the game freeze and the other couldn't get up there.

SuperPac

Ohhhh man this game remains so fun (as long as you're not playing with glitchers). Played some great matches with folks who were using their mics tonight, including some who were new to the game or had never played as Jason before which is always a good time. I had the propeller, my boat mate had the gas and the other guy didn't realize there were just two seats. OOPS. https://twitter.com/superpac/status/879918291350941696

Felt slightly bad at the time, but - he didn't have either the propeller or the gas.

Persona7

Banned
Are quitters even punished? PS4 users fucking suck.
Had a good match going as Jason and the host leaves seconds before I kill the last person.

xviper

no matter what they do, there will always be exploits

and the report system won't work, i can't remember any game that had report system that got assholes banned

i only use glitches when i see an asshole working with Jason, give them what they deserve

I don't understand these people.

Why did they do this? Just for the win? Is that supposed to be fun? Leveling up or getting XP isn't even that rewarding in the first place in the game. That makes no sense.....

Voorhees

So does this mean it's gonna be pushed out in a patch after the one we're still waiting for? Hope not.

Not sure what platform you're on, but some of the fixes involved in this patch are also regarding the memory leaks and random crashes. so PS4 and X1 would hopefully get it by end of the week or early next week.

HiiiLife

Not sure what platform you're on, but some of the fixes involved in this patch are also regarding the memory leaks and random crashes. so PS4 and X1 would hopefully get it by end of the week or early next week.

Xbox. I just know we're already behind one patch because that's what the whole apology letter was about. Still haven't received anything at all about that patch.

Now I hear about another potential patch lol.

SpaceHorror

Are quitters even punished? PS4 users fucking suck.
Had a good match going as Jason and the host leaves seconds before I kill the last person.

Had the same thing happen to me yesterday on PS4 while playing as Jason. Super frustrating.

They said on Twitter they are working on host migration. Hopefully a fix is patched in sooner rather than later.

I recently had a game where I somehow collected both keys. I then ended up dying in some remote location where nobody could find me casually.

And now imagine you are one of these guys who refuses to use a mic in this game and even try to defends it on either the Friday 13th forum or even Neogaf.

That's the point where a round is ruined. A round that is completely ruined because some asshole decided this can be played without a mic and he doesn't need one.
Happens so often.

Top Bottom