• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2017 - Hopes. Dreams. Predictions

The title says it all.

E3 2017 is less than a month away, and as usual, a lot of us are crazy about it and have tons of hopes, dreams and predictions. All of the major publishers have announced their conferences, so we know which of them will have a major presence in the event.

I checked beforehand, and I couldn't find a thread about E3 as a whole that we could just talk about everything in it. So, if Mods think that this is old or unnecessary, then I'm sorry please lock it.

If not, then GAF, it's time to let loose.

I hope we can dream to predict how many threads we get on this subject, but seriously. At this point in gaming I feel a bit strange to it, like nothing is that impressive to me is it me? Is it just not impressive... or is it just gaf that feels everything is meh these days, Hell if I know

I just want a great show all around. I want MS and Nintendo to deliver. I think MS, in particular, has something up their sleeve.

Edit - And yeah, MH5.

Jacqli

I just want announcements of good games that could get released some day (so please not teasers without actual gameplay) and not stay in the limbo forever. That would be nice.

Zukkoyaki

I'm curious as to what the publishers who aren't holding conferences are going to bring.

Will Techland finally announce Dying Light 2 or their new IP?
What's going on with Bioshock? 2K's slate is pretty empty right now
Is Rocksteady ready to tease something?
Maybe something from Gearbox?
Are we going to see Hello Labs' first published release?

Should be an exciting show!

Monster Hunter 5
eyes.png

TheChaos

I hope (it's not out of the question) that some sort of Sly Cooper game is announced. Maybe a reboot a la Ratchet and Clank. If not I'll settle for another Ratchet and Clank game.

#FreeMetroid
Snake x ice climbers x banjo kazooie D: in a smash brothers port for switch

Final fantasy remake news that's good
Gamecube VC
Star Wars games, cmonnn

Ape escape 4
Kh3 blowout trailer with release window
I'm a simple man to plz
O and Konami hops on the ps2 classics so I can platinum suikoden 3&5

Wamb0wneD

Something Metroid
Something F-Zero
Something Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (yeah yeah i know..)
Something surprising

Hopes: Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy VII Remake trailers. A release year on at least one.

Dreams: Golden Sun 4, Metroid Switch, New FromSoft RPG, New Ape Escape

Predictions: The only thing I'll end up getting from Hopes and Dreams is a KH3 trailer. Sony will dominate with their press conference once again but Nintendo will deliver an impressive Digital Event with some solid Switch games. Microsoft will do pretty good but get overshadowed by the PS4's nonstop onslaught of games, games and more games during their press conference like last year.

Granjinha

Honestly i want to see more gameplay of announced titles. Insomniac's Spider Man, Crackdown 3, God of War, State of Decay 2. Ashen.

Also: Ori 2. PLS.

Corpsepyre

Banned
The only thing I care about is the new God of War. I want a new extended trailer with story info, a look at a boss, new locales and more.

Camjo-Z

As always, I'll have my eyes glued to the screen desperate to see more classic Sony IPs be revived. Crash and Wipeout were a good start, now let's see Ape Escape, PaRappa, MediEvil, Jumping Flash, the works!

edit: Oh yeah, and another Playstation crossover game would be cool.

sn00zer

The Great Ape Escape
MedEvil Dia del Dan
Alpha Boost
Jet Motorstorm
Playstation Team Racing (PTR)
Devil May Cry 5: The Umbra Witch
Bayonetta 3: The Son of Sparda
Playstation Power Stone

So setting my expectations appropriately

DMONKUMA

My hope is a new Metroid game. My dream is that it's a good one for the Switch. I'd also want to see Retro's game, Sakurai's as well with also a new Armored Core being revealed.

Ultimately if Metroid isn't shown then I give up hope of waiting for another entry.

-MD-

Likely:
The Evil Within 2
Resident Evil 2 remake

Basically zero chance:
Twisted Metal
Perfect Dark
Banjo-Kazooie

Hopefully there's a surprise or two that I'm into this year.

schaft0620

All I want

Nintendo:
Mario
Animal Crossing
Metroid
Pokemon
Yooka-Leley

Sony:
Ni No Kuni 2
MVC:I
Horizon DLC
GT Sport
Knack 2
Days Gone
Spider-Man
GOW4
Suckerpunch game
From Software game
Unannounced Capcom game
Shenmue 3
Shenmue 1/2HD
Death Stranding
Detroit
Red Dead 2
blue point games remake
New platformer or revival
kingdom hearts 3
FFVIIR

Microsoft:
$400 Scorpio
Borderlands 3
Revival of old IP
New IPs

Ubi:
Splinter Cell
South Park

Bethesda:
Wolfenstine
Morrowind 15 year anniversary remake
Cool new IP

Devolver:
Blow me away with 1 indie title.

As for more of a answer to the OP:

Hopes: I hope that Microsoft delivers a good conference full of games that show the potential and power of their next iterative console.

I hope Sony genuinely surprises alot of people with new footage. Their presentation overall is crazy good from my pov bar some things here and there.

The only thing I don't know is Nintendo :thinking: So I hope they surprise me with some crazy games!

Dreams: Obviously we all have a shitload of dreams :p Personally for me I want a Dark Cloud from Japan Studio. Some other stuff are a Vagrant Story remaster or a spiritual sequel.

Predictions: Not much from me. I'm not much of a prediction guy. As usual, I predict the Scorpio to wow the casual side and maybe a nice hardware design. A good conference from Sony. Nintendo will be good. The rest are up in the air.

HOPE: Etrian Odyssey V localization announcement for October of this year.

DREAM: Concrete details on FFVII Remake (Part one release date, gameplay mechanics) and/or announcement of another Playstation All-Stars game.

PREDICTION: Sucker Punch announces what they're working on, but it's still way off.

All I really want is that EOV localization though. That's it. That's not too much to ask, right?

Edit: Oh, and Bloodborne II. That too.

My dream is for a smash bros game releasing this year with significant new content. If he lucky to play anything else for some time. Unless blizzard announces Diablo 2 HD at which point my soul will be consumed.

Top Bottom