• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mother 2 Resurrection Festival, game coming to Wii U VC in Japan on 3/20

Frolow

Banned
The Fangamer crew got to the skyrunner and turns out they didn't change the theme.

This doesn't bode well for an English release, but I'll remain optimistic for the time being.

backlot

The Fangamer crew got to the skyrunner and turns out they didn't change the theme.

This doesn't bode well for an English release, but I'll remain optimistic for the time being.

It doesn't really change anything as far as an English release is concerned. They wouldn't have to make changes to the Japanese version if they decided to release an English version.

Reggie should wear it in a special direct for US

Wear his business blazer. Then turn around, back to camera.

"There's something I thought we... at Nintendo of Ameeeerica... would sharee with our eager fans. We heard you. On. The Miiverse. And maybe THIS..."

*takes off jacket*

"... will give you an ideeeeaa... of what you can expect to find on the Viiirtual Console... January... 2014."

urfe

At times I think I should get a Wii U to play this, but then I remember I have the GBA cart, and playing it on my DS Lite is good enough.

Kid Ying

Bought it and i don't even understand that much of japanese. It's just too hard not buying a whole Mother game for 30 yen.

And it's nice playing off-tv play with it.

Kid Ying

The only way to do this is by Japanese Wii U system, right?
Yes. I only have access to the japanese eshop. It has it's ups and downs. Till now, mostly were downs. This is one of the rare ups. There's also Fire Emblem for 30 yen. Don't know if there is the same sale on the american version (i think not, since i remember that the american sale was related to F-zero)

extralite

Yes. I only have access to the japanese eshop. It has it's ups and downs. Till now, mostly were downs. This is one of the rare ups. There's also Fire Emblem for 30 yen. Don't know if there is the same sale on the american version (i think not, since i remember that the american sale was related to F-zero)

There is no American version of FE.

It says sale under Mother 2 - is the game staying up on the shop even after the 30 days of the promotion are up? The other 30 cent games went down after their 30 days ended.

Also, to Japan,
LLShC.gif

They should be back at full price once VC fully launches on Wii U.

BD1

Banned
:-(

You know what Nintendo should do? Remaster the sprites and release a limited edition EarthBound HD on the Wii U eShop. Only make it available for a few months, and advertise it's going "back in the vault" a la Disney. That'll move a few units
maybe

Top Bottom