• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Hopefully someone puts an Orlandu with less than 800ATK and no Excalibur tomorrow so I can give this robot a try xD

I'll be rolling with Buttz, Rikku, Tilith, suicidal Zargarbanzo, Firelandu. Everyone with 6k+ HP and 300+ SPR (except Orlandu and Zargarbanzo).

I can do that. I can swing a Firelandu at ~800 ATK easily enough. Still, all this trial's telling me is, "I wish I'd pulled Elza last Thanksgiving."

NomarTyme

Good luck ^^ to everyone.

Maintenance should start in 95 minutes.
Lasts about 8h, could be faster.

Ditto!

I got to remind myself not to freak out if I can't win....

Also going to Rotate between Rikku and Rem on the friend list. For Rikku I have 3 Jacks and 1 Kelsus TM and Rem is just going to be a Re-raiser for most people.

Syntsui

I can do that. I can swing a Firelandu at ~800 ATK easily enough. Still, all this trial's telling me is, "I wish I'd pulled Elza last Thanksgiving."
Elza, Rem and King will probably be the most important unit tomorrow.

Rikku without four Ignorances will put the entire team at RNG's mercy and that is way too risky in such a long fight. Buttz helps relieve that, at least I hope lmao.

wilstreak

Elza, Rem and King will probably be the most important unit tomorrow.

Rikku without four Ignorances will put the entire team at RNG's mercy and that is way too risky in such a long fight. Buttz helps relieve that, at least I hope lmao.

is there a way to make sure that the left arm pick King?
he cant cast self-revive and provoke in the same turn.

Syntsui

Oh Maxwell can do that too? Fuck I don't have resources to level her up >.>

She would make this so much easier than the Buttz strategy.

tuffymon

Maxwell's is 45 mp though...

I'll have to give a no tank setup consideration... so all the extra attacks are just everywhere and hope it doesn't kill people? >.>? AoE mitigation moves to consider next then. hmm...

Rixa

Reminder:

Maintenance very soon (15mins).

Maxwell is better. King only coming back at 50% HP is really cutting it close.

Maxwell's is 45 mp though...

I'll have to give a no tank setup consideration... so all the extra attacks are just everywhere and hope it doesn't kill people? >.>? AoE mitigation moves to consider next then. hmm...

Its not 800 ATK, but can't really get it better (well I could swap Tabby Suit to BBGi)

Maxwell 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Gungnir +90ATK
Left Hand: Gungnir +90ATK
Head: Black Cowl +28ATK+25DEF+25SPR+100%Sleep
Body: Tabby Suit +30DEF+20SPR+10%HP/MP+100%Poison
Accessory 1: Genji Glove +10%ATK/MAG & Dual Wield
Accessory 2: Ifrit's Claw +30ATK+10%HP+20%Fire+100%Blind
Ability 1: Emperor's Majesty +20%HP/ATK+3%MPRecovery
Ability 2: Emperor's Majesty +20%HP/ATK+3%MPRecovery
Ability 3: Emperor's Majesty +20%HP/ATK+3%MPRecovery
Ability 4: Seal of Destruction +20%ATK +20%MAG +10%HP
Pot Stats: HP: 390 MP: 65 ATK: 34 DEF: 26 MAG: 26 SPR: 26
Esper: Odin HP:5450 MP:3955 ATK:6250 DEF:4310 MAG:2075 SPR:2270
Total Stats: HP: 8953 MP: 291 ATK: 714 DEF: 254 MAG: 201 SPR: 207
^^
No more MP problems.

SoD swapped to QA

Total Stats: HP: 8548 MP: 291 ATK: 732 DEF: 254 MAG: 173 SPR: 207

robotuw

I didn't prepare to use her, so I would need to level her first, but would people benefit from this Lunera build? This is I think the best I can manage as far as spr and hp goes.

Lunera 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Reincarnation +45ATK+68SPR+BirdKiller+40%MP w/Fina
Head: Black Cowl +28ATK+25DEF+25SPR+100%Sleep
Body: Siren's Robe +30DEF+40MAG/SPR+100%Sleep/Silence
Accessory 1: Arsha's Talisman +20%HP+10%DEF+10%SPR
Accessory 2: Arsha's Talisman +20%HP+10%DEF+10%SPR
Ability 1: SPR +15% +15%SPR
Ability 2: Hill Digger +10%ATK +30%HP
Ability 3: Guardian's Authority +10%HP +5% DEF/SPR
Ability 4: Guardian's Authority +10%HP +5% DEF/SPR
Pot Stats: HP: 0 MP: 0 ATK: 0 DEF: 0 MAG: 0 SPR: 0
Total Stats: HP: 6999 MP: 234 ATK: 205 DEF: 208 MAG: 313 SPR: 423

I'm about to finish two Arsha's talismans and I could focus on getting her to 100 pretty quick if people would find her useful. Can't do a whole lot about the lack of pots unfortunately, but I could burn some saved-up arena medals.

Rixa

Cecil Saintly wall buff:

From: +2 75% Chance to Defend an Ally from Phys Damage (Reduce +50% Phys./Mag. Damage) & +30% Light Resist & Recover 5% MP per Turn

To: +2 85% Chance to Defend an Ally from Phys Damage (Reduce +60% Phys./Mag. Damage) & +30% Light Resist & Recover 5% MP per Turn

bonkeng

Too bad chance is not 100%. Obviously it will fail in that critical turn and work every turns before it :D

Yeah, even though 85% is quite high, that 15% will mess up on the most critical moment.

I wonder if a BiS Cecil can survive Aigaion's punch when he covers.

Rixa

Yeah, even though 85% is quite high, that 15% will mess up on the most critical moment.

I wonder if a BiS Cecil can survive Aigaion's punch when he covers.

Prolly not, someone made same question in Reddit and was answered with this:

"He won't even cover it since it's considered a magic attack."

Mipcgamer

What about our new manufactured Celes magicite materia?
Would that stop the magic attack with physical damage?
(It can't be that easy right?)

so far I think my robot team is gonna be

Tillith
Rikku
THE WOL
Delita(good MP battery and that huge SPR break/buff)
Fryevia
Friend Fryevia

Rixa

Reddit, don't ever change <3

Capture%20%288%29.PNG

Rixa

So is Luneth getting enhance after maint?

Yeah these will get after maintenance:

- Sakura (free unit not worth)
- Rosa (trash)
- Exdeath (if you use it, maybe?)
- Refia (if you use Refia, enhance Kazus pendant, nothing else)
- DKC (expensive to enhance, very great enhancements)
- Luneth (enhance it)
- Cecil (cheap enhancement so I will enhance it)

Prototype

Kind of feel like it would go against my childhood to not enhance Cecil. FF4 was my first FF and it will always be my favorite. It also introduced me to the world of JRPGs. He's already fully potted, maxed limit. So... ya. The things we do for nostalgia.

Rixa

They made Luneth's Sword Mastery more expensive, what a joke.

Its not like that skill is very expensive after the change.

Tech crystals needed:

+1:
10 | 8 | 3 | 1 | 0

+2:
15 | 12 | 5 | 2 | 0

To think what you get with it

+50% ATK when equipped with Sword
+50% ATK when equipped with Dagger
+50% ATK when equipped with Greatsword
+50% ATK when equipped with Katana

Refia's Full Life enhancement is still joke.

Syntsui

Its not like that skill is very expensive after the change.

Tech crystals needed:

+1:
10 | 8 | 3 | 1 | 0

+2:
15 | 12 | 5 | 2 | 0

To think what you get with it

Refia's Full Life enhancement is still joke.
Yeah but why even bother making it more expensive? So arbitrarily stupid,everything else that matters is cheaper like Soul Eater on DKC.

Gumi is so random.

Rixa

Yeah but why even bother making it more expensive? So arbitrarily stupid,everything else that matters is cheaper like Soul Eater on DKC.

Gumi is so random.

Not like one Purecryst makes whole lot of different, when you still need shitton of crysts.
Luneth cost increase is marginal, you can always farm T4. Myabe they wanted to balance it out *shrug*. Not a huge nerf, since Tech isnt so much used than Support / Power.

wilstreak

Gumi is so random.

3 t4 Techcryst is overaall very cheap for additional 80% ATK for Luneth. Somehow it is not even fair to other unit who need more t4 and t5 SUPPORT cryst for equivalent/similar enhancement .

Alkez

Gumi is so random.

Probably because it was too cheap to begin with lol. Considering the power increase I was surprised not 1 pure is needed.

across

Gumi is so random.

Compare with the costs of Gilgamesh's Weapon Collector:

15 | 10 | 8 | 2 | 1
23 | 15 | 12 | 4 | 2

If you were running sword/katana on both units, Gilgamesh is getting 30% ATK out of his and Luneth is getting 80%. GS/Katana, 40% vs. 100%.

Luneth is still getting off light.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
3 t4 Techcryst is overaall very cheap for additional 80% ATK for Luneth. Somehow it is not even fair to other unit who need more t4 and t5 SUPPORT cryst for equivalent/similar enhancement .

Dude is getting what costs others typically 3 Gian and a pure. To get Aileen's 50%, needs 3 Gian and Pure. Same with Orlandu's, Tidus is more, but includes more. A single Gian was dirt cheap.

And on boy, they added on another reward for the Portal app. Another 3 tickets and 5 SQ. If we add in the banner tickets for the raid and the few other thru daily and rewards, should be close to 50 for Nier next week. Outside of Nier, I'm not really excited for any of the upcoming banners. FFXI, Veritas, FFTp3,FFIII... looking probably Kingsglave.

Finished off my TM for Rikku's poach and now getting rid of some sets of 5 finally. I'm basically 50% done with Must and Wakka and want to clear the room. Should take about a week for both. Then Camillie and Abel.

Abylim

Dude is getting what costs others typically 3 Gian and a pure. To get Aileen's 50%, needs 3 Gian and Pure. Same with Orlandu's, Tidus is more, but includes more. A single Gian was dirt cheap.

And on boy, they added on another reward for the Portal app. Another 3 tickets and 5 SQ. If we add in the banner tickets for the raid and the few other thru daily and rewards, should be close to 50 for Nier next week. Outside of Nier, I'm not really excited for any of the upcoming banners. FFXI, Veritas, FFTp3,FFIII... looking probably Kingsglave.

Finished off my TM for Rikku's poach and now getting rid of some sets of 5 finally. I'm basically 50% done with Must and Wakka and want to clear the room. Should take about a week for both. Then Camillie and Abel.

Nier is next week? Thought it was mid august or beyond

wilstreak

Just an idea for building troll unit with DKC for Arena (please don't actually make this)
100% physical evasion unit and with Skikkoku +2, DKC get full heal every turn.
Without DW, he won't kill himself with Soul Eater, so as long the enemy don't have 3 mage, and DKC don't pick Soul Eater, he will stay alive.

And of course in the no dual cast week in the arena, he become even more troll.

Dark Knight Cecil 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Kiyomori +79ATK+10%Evasion
Left Hand: Hero's Shield +48DEF+20%AllEleResistance
Head: Grand Helm +45DEF+100%Sleep/Silence/Confuse+20%DEF with Heavy Armor
Body: Assassin's Vest +40DEF+20SPR+100%Poison/Paralyze+10%Evasion
Accessory 1: Ring of the Lucii +3MAG+3SPR+25%Evasion/Counter
Accessory 2: Ring of the Lucii +3MAG+3SPR+25%Evasion/Counter
Ability 1: Quick Assault +30%ATK +10%Evasion
Ability 2: Quick Assault +30%ATK +10%Evasion
Ability 3: Quick Assault +30%ATK +10%Evasion
Ability 4: Patriotic Recall +30%HP+20%DEF+30%Light
Pot Stats: HP: 390 MP: 65 ATK: 34 DEF: 26 MAG: 26 SPR: 26
Total Stats: HP: 6151 MP: 210 ATK: 532 DEF: 341 MAG: 148 SPR: 169

That's like saying that Reddit is represented by The_Donald.

People in glass houses made of forums that had sub called r/jailbait...

I'd not be surprised to find Reddit still has subs for crap like that so the projection is something else.

The_Donald is hardly exclusive either though. Reddit is actually full of fucked up little corners of the internet unlike GAF.

Edit: heads up the first boss in new story is deceptively hard. Joke enemies for the first few stages and then a reasonably challenging boss rather fast. Basically don't take the army of Vaan like I did.

Top Bottom