• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All banned 360s get unbanned for a few hours and then rebanned, cause unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
It was whoever did the BioShock "Wii" screenshots.

Also Segata wasn't banned guys, he just hates GAF, along with Red Scarlet and probably Dragona now too.

Dead Man

Andrex said:

Also Segata wasn't banned guys, he just hates GAF, along with Red Scarlet and probably Dragona now too.
I know, and I miss all three of them.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Andrex said:

Yeah, Dragona packed her bags and left with Red.

I for one miss the bullshit pointless bans that Dragon delivered. Too many people are getting away with making reasonable statements nowadays.

Verendus

Banned
Are there a lot of banned 360 consoles? If so, why does MS ban them? Is it for conduct on Live or something else?

This is a serious question. I don't know much about this.

Kafel said:
banned.gif
This gif is amazing.

It needs to be Bishoptlified for greater justice.

Kam said:
Are there a lot of banned 360 consoles? If so, why does MS ban? Is it for conduct on Live or something else?

It's for modded consoles and cheaters (not sure if they're one and the same...)

butter_stick said:
I for one miss the bullshit pointless bans that Dragon delivered. Too many people are getting away with making reasonable statements nowadays.

i wasn't around, but was reading this site before and...yeah, I think that mod helped the "everyone gets banned all the time on neogaf" reputation.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Kam said:
Are there a lot of banned 360 consoles? If so, why does MS ban? Is it for conduct on Live or something else?

Gamertags? The main bans are for cheating, hacking, offensive profiles, or soliciting payment for services. If you're interested, Here is the forum where people appeal their bans. It's pretty hilarious. When the mods reply (inevitably declining the appeal!) they will list the reason the account is banned.

Consoles? Modding consoles, 100%.

Smision said:
It's for modded consoles and cheaters (not sure if they're one and the same...)

i wasn't around, but was reading this site before and...yeah, I think that mod helped the "everyone gets banned all the time on neogaf" reputation.
u will b judged lol

Kam said:
Are there a lot of banned 360 consoles? If so, why does MS ban them? Is it for conduct on Live or something else?

This is a serious question. I don't know much about this..

Halo 2 had a huge amount of hackers, community got mad and MS cracked down... rest is history, and now PS3 & selected Wii games have the same issues as original xbox had.

I don't understand how someone finds out that the consoles were unbanned. It wouldn't take me very long to just never check the status of my account again. It's like me waiting for and looking at a stop light to turn purple everyday, something I know won't happen.

TheSeks said:
I'm not even that old and I feel old by you asking that. :(

I'm actually old enough to remember this show (Born in early 80's) but I didn't watch a lot of prime-time when I was that age---still watched Saturday morning cartoons more than anything else. Back when there was a reason to get up at 6 AM....

Anyway, I think it makes sense that if you just left a banned Xbox connected to a live ethernet cable, you could discover you were "magically" able to log back in one day. Isn't there a version of XBMC or anything that uses network functionality on modified Xbox 360s?

Neki

MC Safety said:
I am no one's alternate account. And she was the most capricious of moderators.
he wasn't even talking to you, unless you're trying to be funny here. then bravo, quite the misdirection you've set up.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Sounds more like a test than anything else. I cannot believe people would actually think they will just leave them unbanned..

Woffls

Could this not just have been an exercise in showing off how easily they can flick a switch and isolate selected consoles from the XBL network?

Proc

I thought it was a display of confidence in their new disc security.

More people who access live legitimately, modded disc drives or not, spells revenue for xbox live and microsoft partners.

If the old modded drives really can't do anything anymore, why not leave them unbanned? I suppose it leaves a bad taste in the mouth of publishers but in the end it would mean more money for them too.

MC Safety

Ultimoo said:
he wasn't even talking to you, unless you're trying to be funny here. then bravo, quite the misdirection you've set up.

The thing about Neogaf being a message board is that you can respond to anyone's postings.

Stumpokapow said:
Gamertags? The main bans are for cheating, hacking, offensive profiles, or soliciting payment for services. If you're interested, Here is the forum where people appeal their bans. It's pretty hilarious. When the mods reply (inevitably declining the appeal!) they will list the reason the account is banned.
That forum used to be really funny when the mods would say exactly what got the idiots banned. Now they're much more general. It's a shame.

Cornbread78

Stumpokapow said:

Consoles? Modding consoles, 100%.

We're people being banned for upgrading their harddrives with retail purchased hardrives as well at one point? I remember there was a huge thing about that during the mega-ban a couple years back.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Cornbread78 said:
We're people being banned for upgrading their harddrives with retail purchased hardrives as well at one point? I remember there was a huge thing about that during the mega-ban a couple years back.

Not sure. I know they've never banned anyone over the hong kong clone hard drives, but maybe over other hard drive modding issues. Really not sure.

Cornbread78 said:

i thought they did, then undid it because the drives were giving false positives for mods. I could be making this up in my head though...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Massa said:
I wonder how many pulled the trigger on a Live Gold subscription after being unbanned.
Heh, Microsoft should of let the unbanning stick for a day or two to get some decent money from that.

Kinan

Neuromancer said:
That forum used to be really funny when the mods would say exactly what got the idiots banned. Now they're much more general. It's a shame.

Some appeals dont need an answer to be funny:

rvkqxe.jpg

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
See You Next Wednesday said:
Segata is banned too???

No. He left of his own accord.

I didn't think Dragona was my favorite mod to be sure, but she did give me my awesome tag so... *shrugs* Her mass bannings in women driver threads was pretty hilarious too.

onken

Kinan said:
Some appeals dont need an answer to be funny:

http://i53.tinypic.com/rvkqxe.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Indeed:

[quote]my account loudestpuppet was PERNAMANTLY banned because i was saying i was renting from a person for a hacked or challenge lobby. i dont see why you guys dont allow it because you would have twice the amount of players and if you could sell patcher for a j-tag, you would make alot of money. Anyway, i don't see why it was pernimently banned as this was my FIRST mistake made and the part where i said i was charging 5$ and 12% was to scare the really annopying leechers of i dont even have a working pay pal. In the email i recived it said i was being PERNAMENTLY BANNED because i was making people pay. all i was doing was PAYING! someone to let me co-host and get my mates in for free YOU GUYS GOT IT WRONG IF YOU DON'T UN-BAN MY ACC COULD I POLEQASE HAVE MY YEARS GOLD BACK THAT WAS ACTIVITAED ON THE 25TH DEC 2010 PLEASE! THANKYOU [/quote]

Nickovic

Andrex said:
No. He left of his own accord.

I didn't think Dragona was my favorite mod to be sure, but she did give me my awesome tag so... *shrugs* Her mass bannings in women driver threads was pretty hilarious too.

WE ARE FOREVER AKIN.

FrankT

Diablohead said:
Stealth banned user hunt or something blah blah

Or microsoft being an ass or testing their new dvd media storage protection.

I figure the latter and judging from the beta it may not be long before the update hits for all as I don't really think they are testing much else. Though I would like to know what the first retail game to use these disks will be.

MC Safety said:
I am no one's alternate account. And she was the most capricious of moderators.
Wait what? I never said you are, unless you forgot to switch accounts? :p

What I meant to say is that Dragona left GAF around the time Batman's account was approved, so unless he lurked GAF to the extend that he knows who, how and where she banned, or unless you got banned by her, you will not say Good Riddance.

I have nothing against Dragona or any other mod cause they all treat me nicely, and All the bans I've got are justifyable.

So... let me joke around with the alt account while it lasts? Oh wait, I killed the joke by explaining it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom