• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

Leyasu

Banned
My ping is normally 60-90. The game is matching me with 100-1100 (there was one 1100 match, actually a team of 2).

There was a match where a 600 ping player was untouchable.

Lol wtf?

Excited to remove regional matchmaking they were!

That is some 343 level of fuck up matchmaking. Someone from Microsoft needs to knock some heads together at the coalition and 343.

malfcn

Gears is huge in Mexico, yet they have no servers. The buckets so US and Southern Brazil. Apparently alot of Europeans are complaining too.

malfcn

I like seeing my kdr go up and my rank go down. 😅

Game must 100% care about winning and losing only. The TrueSkill system says it looks at performance, but I've yet to see it. Get an MVP ribbon and ranking down is silly.

Personal performance should factor in way more than it does. Like, I'm playing TDM and the amount of people I get on my team that die 5-6 times a round is astounding. Doesn't matter how good you are, if someone on your team is just destroying your respawns then you're screwed regardless.

I guess it's pointless anyway as the matchmaking is god awful. I feel like it's even worse than season 1 and this is supposed to be their "new and improved" system.

Stellar matchmaking.

6e430c0d-b9b8-4a8f-8ax1uuq.png

Why am I still playing this?

When the devs stop supporting the game how are new players supposed to earn character/weapon skins? Cant grind credits if no one's playing.

When the devs stop supporting the game how are new players supposed to earn character/weapon skins? Cant grind credits if no one's playing.

they will probably add all the old packs to the store. that way MS can still make cash off of the paid packs long after TC move onto Gears 5 and beyond.

Im in Australia and kept getting allocated to US games the other night. My ping was 230-ish. My KDR was better than anticipated. I thought that was because of my skill (lol), but maybe I did get some sponge charity?
I just spent 11, 000 on the new packs. Got 2x Myrrah and 1x Beast Rider. The only skin I wanted that I didnt get, was the Red event Lancer skin. Still, Im not spending thousands more to chase it.

Another night of fun.
Mexicans and Australia players in our game.

High pings and sponging galore.

I'm in PST and I just don't play after about 7-8 pm. You can definitely feel the shift in quality around that time and it's just not worth it.

It sucks but, it is what it is. Not much that can be done until TC actually knuckles down and fixes it.

Tomcat

Is the matchmaking really this slow in this game? Downloaded the free trial but I am starting to think that most of the 10h Will be waiting in lobbies

I've been playing since last december. Most every day really.

This new matchmaking causes so much lag and inconsistency. The loot box bullshit, I don't have time to grind horde for coins, and I won't pay to open packs. Means basically fuck you no characters.

Haven't played in maybe 3 weeks now.

Think I'm ready to move on from Gears 4 now.

I spent my entire bank account on the new boxes (44,000), trying to get Skorge. I got 3 Flame Grenadiers (who does look very cool), but ZERO Skorge :'( It'll take me months to grind that money back.
The weapons skins are pretty ugly too this time. Over saturated red and yellow are not a great combination, IMO.

TheChits

Man my game (pc version) has been freezing on the gears 4 logo for the past few weeks. I've done everything I can think of to fix the issue but it has all been futile. I've been missing this game and I can't even play :(

Edit: Wow, not ten minutes after this post I just randomly tried to boot the game and it worked. What the heck. I don't know whether I'm mad or happy, but at least I can play!

if you haven't been looking into it then the reason Gears4 (PC) has been freezing is due to a bug in the Nvidia drivers dating back to May. me and many other people have been bitching at TC to fix this for the past 5 months with no progress so far. as of right now the only driver that works is 382.53

I would suggest rolling back to that driver but here's a twist! the new Win10 creators update forces the newest drivers onto your PC. So, as it stands right now Microsoft is selling a broken piece of software that they know will freeze and hard-lock PCs.

I really have a hard time believing MS's whole PC push when this like this are happening.

https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/forums...te/72841765-aa92-4213-a702-9c3f103e35d9/posts

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...eezes-ever-since-june-driver-update/?offset=8

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...ery-nvidia-driver-released-since-june-29th/1/

https://www.reddit.com/r/GearsOfWar/comments/76qtbb/win10_nvidia_did_turning_async_compute_off_help/

Top Bottom