• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NRA : “We are witness to the most ruthless attack on a president...”

Beartruck

Yes but he was the former President then fwiw. He also lived and gave his speech while shot
Also, the reason the guy shot Roosevelt was because he believed Roosevelt killed McKinley to become president and McKinley's ghost had chosen him to take revenge.

Ironically, Roosevelt lived because he saw what happened to McKinley and demanded they leave the bullet in, preventing infection from improper surgical methods.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
What's got the NRA backing this horse so hard? I honestly thought the NRA might be smarter than this.
My guess goes something like:

More fearmongering > more extremism and rash decisions > more domestic shootings > more gun sales.

Pakkidis

Without a democrat as president the NRA has no villain/boogeyman to scare people into buying guns so they have to up the ante with their fear mongering.

ferr

dude. is this the darkest timeline? this video reminds me of something out of like THX 1138, Logan's Run, etc.. like a weird state-controlled, control-your-every-action, cover you in darkness kind of dystopia.

charpunk

So calling trump out on his shit is worse than another president getting assassinated.

Fuck the NRA and their propaganda bullshit.

OK freaky lady who appears to be more like some AI propaganda program you see in a film depicting a near future fascist state rather than a real live human being.

Yeah

Are we sure I didn't just watch a minute of an episode of Black Mirror or The Outer Limits?

WTF

Bakercat

tdih-april14-HD.jpg

To be fair, the NRA has always been trash.

But it wouldn't surprise me to hear they've been taking money from questionable people and places

Actually it hasn't. It only really got the way it is today in the 1970s. You should listen to the most recent "More Perfect" podcast about the second amendment debate and how it shifted in the 60s and 70s.

Clearos

Poor trump...sounds like some snowflake level complaining.

That video is horrible and it scares me how many people will actual be nodding their head and agreeing with it. Even worse if you bring up past presidents it will just get completely ignored because it is not part of the narrative.

Oppo

Dumbass question: can some enterprising pro-2nd-amendment group of folks who favour sane gun control not try to form some sort of alternative organization? Is the lobby money that deeply entrenched? as I understand it the NRA isn't even actually that big in membership. I just don't quite get why they specifically are considered to be so ... intractable.

I mean, they used to be a hunting organization right? Near as I can tell they were not like this pre-70s. I think Wayne LaPierre might have more blood on his hands than Genghis Khan.

ApharmdX

Banned
Where were the NRA when the GOP was saying that Obama wasn't a legitimate president because of reasons?

Buy AR-15s now, brave patriots! It's the only way to protect yourself from the ((((((Deep State))))))

Excellent (and accurate) use of parentheses here. The NRA is a cancer, representing some of the worst elements of America.

No, their fate will be failure, and they will perish in the political flames of their own fires. We are the National Rifle Association of America, and we are freedom's safest place.

"They" of course being opposing government officials, the media with their "leaks" and "sneers", late night television, kneeling football players, and universities.

Another dimension is watching a movie about our daily happenings and telling themselves "Phew, our system sucks but at least we aren't as bad as those guys."

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
That can't be real. It's like a scene from an upcoming Purge movie.

And to have a shot of an NFL player kneeling? That's an attack on the President?

Okaaaay.

Piggus

Absolute filth. I know a lot of gun owners who are really pissed off about these ads as well. The NRA has been slurping that GOP dick for a while, but this takes it to a new level.

Maxinas

Lmao, this can't be real.
The fact that it is makes me worried about how many idiots will take this to heart.

Well that was quite a watch.

Found myself almost laughing for a moment, but then I remembered that these people are serious.

Furyous

But they're just about supporting everyone's 2nd Amendment rights....... right?

Fuck the NRA

... everyone's second amendment rights except black gun owners.

The sooner the NRA disbands the safer I feel about existing in America. The NRA is merely defending the politicians they paid fundraised for and it sucks for the rest of us. If not agreeing with the President makes everyone a traitor and unAmerican then conservatives have to face justice along with everyone in the Republican party for what happened to Obama.

Phu

Banned
Usually someone would try to veil their propaganda as something reasonable but the NRA knows the people under their thumb are so stupid they won't question a thing.

Ratros

I thought I was watching a C&C Red Alert campaign cutscene. I know that good days of our democracy are gone, but really?

Nepenthe

The most easily annoying thing about conservatives and the organizations that champion their causes is how much they always come off as little bitches.

I just find it funny that the core message was about protecting freedoms but their main complaint was people not bowing down to Trump's legitimacy/protesting.

Top Bottom