• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cross Platform Controller Support (Titan One)

jwm2

Just an FYI. On the consoletuner Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/consoletunerdotcom there is a contest giveaway for a free titan one. Well actually its two. You and a friend (that you tag) will be eligible to win a free titan one each. Figured i'd give everyone a heads up.

There is also a giveaway contest going on right now on destructiod.com which lets win a controller of your choice (xbox 360, xbox one, ps3 and ps4) and a free titan one. http://www.destructoid.com/contest-win-a-titan-one-and-a-controller-of-your-choice--289470.phtml

Baleoce

Any chance of a solution like this working for this scenario:

System: OG PS3 (Native PS2 disc support)
Peripheral: Qanba Q4 Raf (Arcade Stick)
Usage: Playing PS2 games

The stick works normally in PS3 mode, but I have a bunch of PS2 fighting games like hyper sf2 collection, and CVS2 on disc, and the stick doesn't work when the console is in PS2 mode.

jwm2

Any chance of a solution like this working for this scenario:

System: OG PS3 (Native PS2 disc support)
Peripheral: Qanba Q4 Raf (Arcade Stick)
Usage: Playing PS2 games

The stick works normally in PS3 mode, but I have a bunch of PS2 fighting games like hyper sf2 collection, and CVS2 on disc, and the stick doesn't work when the console is in PS2 mode.

Umm, that i'm not sure to be honest. It might work. You may want to contact Jefferson at sup_port@console_tuner dot com. Just remove the underscores and use the real domain. I don't want him to get pelted with spam so I obfuscated the email address.

creatchee

Question: I have an Atrox Razer for 360 that I want to use on Xbox One. Is that a plug and play situation with the Titan One or do I need to use software? The reason I ask is because I have a Mac, not a PC, and I don't want to buy something that won't work for me.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Hows the PS4 usage situation going for this at the moment? Considering grabbing one since I don't have enough money for a new arcade stick in the near future and the last time I read about it it reset after a couple of minutes itself which could interrupt a match potentially. Any info on lag times for that either?

schwupp

Hows the PS4 usage situation going for this at the moment? Considering grabbing one since I don't have enough money for a new arcade stick in the near future and the last time I read about it it reset after a couple of minutes itself which could interrupt a match potentially. Any info on lag times for that either?

still the case if you use it to connect a stick directly - you can prevent it by using a pc to pass through the inputs.

jwm2

Actually it only resets every 10 minutes and you can manually reset it between matches using a button combo. Unless you have a match that runs longer than 10 mins this shouldn't be an issue. Also the reauthentication takes less than 1 second, so even if it did happen during gameplay it probably wouldn't be a big deal.

jwm2

still the case if you use it to connect a stick directly - you can prevent it by using a pc to pass through the inputs.

Correct, if using a PC which you will need to have your ps4 controller connected to for full time authentication then no timeout/reauthentication is needed or performed.

jwm2

Question: I have an Atrox Razer for 360 that I want to use on Xbox One. Is that a plug and play situation with the Titan One or do I need to use software? The reason I ask is because I have a Mac, not a PC, and I don't want to buy something that won't work for me.

I'm not sure on that in particular as I don't own or use one, but i'm sure it will work just fine. A PC comes into play when using gamepacks, scripts, macros, keyboard and mouse, etc. When using just the crossover feature no PC is required.

However you can run Gtuner Pro on your Mac OS X by downloading and installing VirtualBox (which is free) and then installing a copy of windows on a virtual partition. The great thing about virtual box is it does not use any resources unless you are actively using it. So you can install it and leave it be until you need it. Anyhow i've done this on 2 Mac's (1 iMac and 1 macbook air) with no problems. Just remember to assign the USB ports after plugging in the T1.

creatchee

I'm not sure on that in particular as I don't own or use one, but i'm sure it will work just fine. A PC comes into play when using gamepacks, scripts, macros, keyboard and mouse, etc. When using just the crossover feature no PC is required.

However you can run Gtuner Pro on your Mac OS X by downloading and installing VirtualBox (which is free) and then installing a copy of windows on a virtual partition. The great thing about virtual box is it does not use any resources unless you are actively using it. So you can install it and leave it be until you need it. Anyhow i've done this on 2 Mac's (1 iMac and 1 macbook air) with no problems. Just remember to assign the USB ports after plugging in the T1.
Thank you so much for the assist! I will pick one up!

jwm2

New Gtuner Pro and Titan One Firmware releases!
The new Gtuner PRO (v3.30) received improvement in the code editor, such as auto indentation, code folding, highlight the current line, brace matching highlight, long line indicator, word wrap, show all characters, auto completion, save all and exit, remember current session for next launch. The GPC language received a new function to change the output protocol dynamically. Now you can open your scripts by double-clicking the file name in the GPC Files Area. The Options Window now features auto configuration wizard, where the most common settings can be configured automatically.

The Titan One firmware also received attention, such as: automatically turns on the XB1 controller when turning on the XB1 console; ability to use the XB1 protocol on PC; rumble strength adjustment mechanics.

Thank you all for your dedicated and strong support!

http://www.consoletuner.com/downloads/

Gtuner Updates:
- New Option: Remember current session for next launch
- GPC Editor: Added ‘Save All and Exit’ (Ctrl+Shit+S)
- GPC Editor: Added Auto indentation on new line
- GPC Editor: Added Code folding (code block collapsing)
- GPC Editor: Added Highlight the current line
- GPC Editor: Added Brace matching highlight
- GPC Editor: Added Long line indicator
- GPC Editor: Added Auto completion box
- GPC Editor: Added ‘Wordwrap’ and ‘Show all characters’ toolbar options
- Visual Scripting: Minimum required IE version reduced to 9 (Windows Vista)
- Programmer: GPC Files Area – Double clicking now open the GPC file on Compiler
- Options: Button to easy access configuration instructions
- Options: Auto configuration wizard (factory default and predefined configurations)
- GPC new function: Added output_protocol function
Titan One Updates:
- Automatically turns on the XB1 controller when turning on the XB1 console
- GPC VM: Added output_protocol function
- Fix: XB1 Protocol – do not trigger AU if connected on PC
- Improvements on PCPROG API
- Added general rumble strength adjustment mechanics
- Rumble XB1 -> DS4 35% stronger

jwm2

13283_1608580232733743_3070751196528876640_n.png

jwm2

Titan One Firmware 2.25 and Gtuner updates!

Titan One Updates:
- Added full support for the touchpad on PS4;
- GPC VM: Added ps4_set_touchpad function;
- USB Device: Added support for Set/Clear Remote Wakeup transactions;
- USB Host: Fix rare memory alignment error when resubmitting active transfers;
- Added support for the new Horipad 4 Touchpad controller (PS4 controller, AU);
- Added support for PowerA Mini (Xbox One controller, AU);
- Added support for Hori Pad One (Xbox One controller, AU);
- Added support for Xbox One Special Forces controllers (AU).
Gtuner Updates:
- Fix startup tab not working if “Remember last session” is enabled;
- GPC new function: Added ps4_set_touchpad function;
- GPC Editor: Close shortcuts (Ctrl+W and Ctrl+Shit+W);
- GPC Editor: Change active script with mouse wheel (tab control must have focus).

11204912_1629601100631656_5350279953608925834_n.png

These features have just been released today and are ready to go if you already own a Titan One from consoletuner.com

bumpkin

The thing that drives me nuts about the CronusMAX when using it with an XB1 is that in the configuration tool, I can't set its platform to "automatic"; it has to be set to XB1. That leaves me high and dry -- without reconfiguring -- if I want to use it for any other system like my PS4.

Is the Titan any better in this department?

notworksafe

The trash quality of the previous product combined with a dude who's account only seems to exist to post marketing material is certainly looking as shady as possible.

Buyer beware, I guess.

Shaneus

Hm. I wonder with the new G29 being out there'll be a possibility of emulation of that with the Titan One. Fingers crossed.

eastx

The trash quality of the previous product combined with a dude who's account only seems to exist to post marketing material is certainly looking as shady as possible.

Buyer beware, I guess.

The Titan One is great and lots of people here will vouch for it. Who cares if he's associated with the product in some way?

jwm2

As stated in some of my previous posts, Jefferson is a personal friend of mine. I have posted some info for him here because of rumors that were being started and I can't stand to see so much misinformation being thrown around by the people responsible for ripping him off and profiting off his life's work. Who you choose to believe is up to you, but I feel better knowing his side has been told.

notworksafe

Decided to actually get one of these so I can test lag, dropped inputs, ghost inputs, etc for our local tournament scene but it seems the price suddenly jumped today to $100. Do you know why, jwm?

Moaradin

Heard this has problems with the PS4 controllers disconnecting every 10 minutes. Is that still true? If I got this for fighting games, any disconnect is obviously very bad. Even if it's only 1 second.

-Digits-

Heard this has problems with the PS4 controllers disconnecting every 10 minutes. Is that still true? If I got this for fighting games, any disconnect is obviously very bad. Even if it's only 1 second.

There's a button combination you can use that reauthenticates the controller for another 10 minutes that you can use between matches.

Before I edited this post, I wrote how I was surprised at the $100 price tag I saw earlier this week...but I'm happy to say that I checked Extreme-Mods just now and the Titan One is $59.99! Just ordered one and it should arrive next week. Looking forward to trying it with the Black Ops 3 beta on PS4.

Just a heads up to anyone else looking for one.

Sorry for the bump but I received my Titan One today!

I really love the Xbox controller for FPS' and seeing as I may make the switch to PS4 for those games, I wanted to try this out.

It really is a plug and play device. The only change I needed to make was remapping a button on the X1 controller to behave like the touchpad. I chose the "view" button for that. In terms of Black Ops 3 (which I'm currently playing), I only need it so I can pull up the scoreboard. Other than that, everything worked perfectly. I read about the issue where the controller disconnects every 10 minutes? I haven't played for 10 minutes yet but I'll see how this "issue" is later.

Quick impressions are very positive. I wouldn't have bought at $100 but when I saw the price go back down to $59.99, I jumped on it.

sagat2036

Ive had 2 ps4 controllers break on me and dont want to support their shit anymore. Analog stick not functioning correctly.

From taking a quik look at the website. i can use any pad with this while having a ps4 controller plug into side port to provide authorization, right?

Crazy how my ps4 L3 sprint button works fine in planetside2 and doesnt on blop3 beta.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
A bit disappointing to see there's been no progress on true force feedback wheel support :(

jwm2

There have been several new updates to the Game Packs, Gtuner Pro, and Titan One firmware to solve a lot of the issues people were having. New game packs are still released weekly and new firmware updates have added lots of cool features such as:

Official ConsoleTuner Release:

Titan One 2.38 and Gtuner PRO 3.42 are here!

New updates for Titan One firmware and Gtuner Pro software are now available! We wish thank you our users for the great support we have been receiving from you.

With Gtuner PRO 3.42 you can now utilize a nice and intuitive graphics interface to allow user configuration of your scripts, similar to the existing Gamepacks configuration interface.

The support for Generic HID Controllers received many improvements, including proper HID input designators for programming and debugging with Gtuner’s Device Monitor.

Titan One Updates (v2.38):

* GPC VM: Added increment (++) and decrement (–) operations
* USB Host: XIM4 purple light fix and response time optimizations
* USB Host: significant improvements on the Generic HID controller support

Gtuner Updates (v3.42):

* Configuration Interface for scripts (SPVARS)
* GPC Compiler: Added increment (++) and decrement (–) operations
* GPC Compiler: Added generic HID input designators
* Device Monitor: Generic HID controller

Please check consoletuner.com for more updates and i'll be sure to post here to let you know of any future (Major) updates.

jwm2

I'll wait for some fgc members to review it. Ain't got time for fried usbs or disrupting other players.

Theres hundreds of reviews about the Titan One online. Check youtube or google. As far as fried USB ports thats never been an issue with the Titan One like it was for a previous version of the "other" adapter the Titan One replaced. The Titan One was redesigned to ensure this. If you have any questions about it feel free to visit their website at ConsoleTuner.com or join their forum. You can also reach tech support directly at support{at)consoletuner{dot)com (email obfuscated for obvious reasons). Either way i'm sure they'll be more than happy to help you.

jwm2

A bit disappointing to see there's been no progress on true force feedback wheel support :(

It is being worked on. You may want to contact Jefferson at ConsoleTuner.com for more information directly from the source. I know he has been busy lately with several new features that are going to be released very soon and I know that is on the top of the list.

jwm2

Before I edited this post, I wrote how I was surprised at the $100 price tag I saw earlier this week...but I'm happy to say that I checked Extreme-Mods just now and the Titan One is $59.99! Just ordered one and it should arrive next week. Looking forward to trying it with the Black Ops 3 beta on PS4.

Just a heads up to anyone else looking for one.

That was just a temporary measure as issues with production were being worked out. It only lasted a few days. The MSRP has always been $59.95 and should remain that way until ConsoleTuner changes it. Beware of sellers selling it for less as they are often refurbished units.

jwm2

The Titan One device is getting the biggest update release ever. New features, improvements, additional controller support and bug fixes were packed in to this massive Titan One 2016 Update. The enhancements can be found in the Titan One’s firmware, Gtuner Pro software and plugins. In particular we would like to highlight the support for the recently released Xbox One S controller, the full compatibility with PS4 Remote Play and the improved support for PS4 consoles and DualShock 4 controllers. This includes a fully working and script programmable PS4 Lightbar, Controller Vibration, Touchpad and Motion Sensors.

Xbox One S Controller

You can now enjoy your brand new Xbox One S Controller to play with the Titan One, Gamepacks and Scripts on any compatible console or system, such as the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PlayStation TV, PC, Steam, Android Devices, as well as with Xbox One Streaming App and PS4 Remote Play. The controller can be used to authenticate the Titan One with Xbox One consoles and does not require the batteries to be removed for controller crossover play on the Xbox One. The controller vibration, force feedback on the triggers and the guide button are supported and working as expected. The Bluetooth support for the Xbox One S controller is under development and should be present in the next firmware update.

PS4 Remote Play Compatibility

In many situations the PS4 Remote Play feature is a very convenient way to play or continue playing your game. The Titan One 2016 Update brings this convenience to an even higher level. You can now not only use your favorite Scripts and Gamepacks while remote playing on the PlayStation 4, but also use any compatible controller with the PS4 Remote Play, without any interruption due to the PS4 device authentication. Are you playing a fighting game such Street Fighter V or Mortal Kombat X? Now you can use your fightstick with the PS4 Remote Play. Did you fall in love with the Xbox Elite controller and cannot use anything else? You can use it as well. The possibilities are endless!

PS4 and DualShock 4 Improvements

The Titan One 2016 Update is heavily focused on improving the existing support for PlayStation 4 consoles and DualShock 4 controllers. The control data of the PS4 HID reports are now fully computed and tracked by the Titan One, without relying on any external controller. This translates to the user the ability to enable any PS4 specific feature, such as touchpad and motion sensors, to any other controller via scripting. For example, you can now use the Xbox One Elite paddles to lean left or right on Battlefield 4 (video below) or access the touchpad menu of Bloodborne with any compatible controller. The firmware update also adds full support to the PS4 Lightbar, which allows the lightbar of your PS4 controller to change color according to the game. The Titan One background color also reflects these color changes, which can be useful if you are not using the PS4 controller. In addition to that, many others features, improvements and bug fixes were implemented, such as automatic PS4 Bluetooth pairing by just connecting the PS4 controller on the Titan One with an USB cable. The update also provides enhancements on wireless connectivity of controllers with the PS4 partial crossover support enabled.

Gtuner PRO: On-the-Fly Configuration Save and Run

The on-the-fly gamepack and script configuration is probably one of the most requested and wanted feature. It allows users to update gamepacks and scripts parameters on the device with a click of a single button, without the need to actually go through all the process of programming the Titan One internal flash memory. This is a huge time savings because flashing the device’s memory requires many interactions from the user and forces the device to enter in programming mode and reset back to operational mode, requiring re-authentication with the console every time the programming process is executed. Now all of that is a thing of the past – to quick save new settings on Titan One, just click on the Save on Device button. In order to test and find the best parameters for various Titan One features, such as rapidfire, Jitter, quick-scope, etc, use the Save and Run button to update the device with the current settings and automatically reload the gamepack/script to reflect the new values. To enable the “on-the-fly” operations, the correspondent memory slot need first be programmed with the gamepack or script, as normally. After this one-time step, you can use the “on-the-fly” operations indefinitely.

Gtuner PRO: Retractable File Explorer on Compiler IDE

You can now have all your scripts files accessible for visually checking and quick opening, which is a very handy feature for any user that develops GPC scripts for the Titan One. Gtuner Pro v3.50+ now features a retractable File Explorer area inside the Compiler panel. The File Explorer can be opened or closed by clicking on the blue folder icon present on the toolbar. The File Explorer area can have its width, in relation to the code editor, adjusted by the user. The adjusted width is saved and restored on subsequent use of the software. The same is true for the last folder opened, which will be remembered for the next time you launch the Gtuner Pro software. The Gtuner’s File Explorer works as any regular file explorer, allowing navigate between the installed drivers and folders. General files are not shown in the folder list, the File Explorer will only list the files with extension “.gpc”. To open a GPC file, simply double click on the filename.

Gtuner PRO: Plugins

The Combo Magic plugin is now capable of utilizing its capture buffer in circular mode. Previously, after start the capture mode, the user had 20 seconds to perform the desired actions on the controller. After this timeout, the plugin automatically exited from capture mode. However, this approach can be a little problematic when trying to perform a very tricky button sequence that requires specific timing and many attempts before succeeding. The circular buffer option solves this problem by keeping the Combo Magick in capture mode indefinitely, without any timeout, where the last 20 seconds are kept in memory to be used later to generate the correspondent GPC code. After succeeding with the button sequence, just press STOP to get the GPC combo code and reproduce this nearly impossible to perform action any time with your script!

Celtic Magic: Assistive Technology

We would like to take this opportunity to talk about the wonderful work developed by Graham Law from Celtic Magic. Graham designs equipment for people with limited use of their limbs to operate computers and consoles. It has been very rewarding for us to have the Titan One device as part of some of his projects solutions. We encourage our users and visitors to watch the video below and to visit the celticmagic.org website for more details on all the solutions provided by Graham.

Titan One 2016 Update – Changelog

USB Device: Added support for Xbox One S Controller
USB Device: Added support for PS4 Remote Play (Win/Mac)
USB Device: Added support for PS4 Lightbar feedback (for controller and backlight)
USB Device: Fix L2CAP channel for PS3 rumble data reports (no need use flow control anymore)
USB Device: “Rumble Over Bluetooth” is now factory “FULL SPEED” by default
USB Device: Proper timing control and report for PS4 motion sensor values (ACC, GYRO)
USB Device: Self-contained control of all report parameters for PS4 touchpad data
USB Device: Fix disconnections of wireless controllers on PS4 with “PS4 partial crossover support”
USB Device: “PS4 Partial Crossover Support” is now factory enabled by default
USB Device: Proper report counter control and tracking on Xbox One reports
USB Host: Automatically pair PS4 controllers with Titan One (Bluetooth)
USB Host: PS4 “BT Boost” is now factory enabled by default
USB Host: Added support for PS4 Frag FX Shark (2363:0668)
USB Host: Better PS4 third-party controller detection
USB Host: Xbox One controllers no longer require battery removal to authenticate
GPC VM: Added ability to save and run gamepack/script configurations on-the-fly
GPC VM: Fix normalization/denormalization of PS4 motion sensor values (ACC, GYRO)
PCPROG: Now allows slot change and script testing without need of a controller
Gtuner Pro: Added “PS4 Remote Play” option in the device output protocol settings
Gtuner Pro: Added ability to save and run gamepack/script configurations on-the-fly
Gtuner Pro: Added retractable File Explorer to the Compiler panel
Gtuner Pro: Added option to automatically pair the PS4 controller with Titan One (Bluetooth)
Gtuner Pro: Added sub-folder listing in the custom default scripts of File menu -> New
Gtuner Pro: Latest News panel removed (due lack of regular updates)
Gtuner Pro: Added developer message box on Online Library interface for eventual communications
Gtuner Pro: Documentation update (File Explorer, On-the-Fly, PS4 Auto Pair, Gamepacks, etc)
MaxRemapper: Fix, deadzone adjustments are now evaluated only after sensitivity adjustments
Combo Magick: Added circular buffer option. Constant capture of the last 20s

Source: http://www.consoletuner.com/titan-one-2016-update/

Does this new update mean that I can use an XBox One controller on a PS4 without leaving a DS4 plugged in or getting disconnected every ten minutes?

jwm2

New Titan One Update:

The Titan One device now supports the Nintendo Switch console. You are now free to use your favorite controller, Gamepacks and scripts on the newest console from Nintendo. This update also brings many other features such as the compatibility with the Nintendo Switch Pro controller and wireless connectivity for the Xbox One S controller (Bluetooth), along with improvements, additional controller support and bug fixes.

More Info: https://www.consoletuner.com/titan-one-now-supports-nintendo-switch/

There is also another device in beta testing called the Titan Two which resolves the 10 min PS4 authenticate reset clock (full crossover support), wireless Xbox One controller support, keyboard and mouse support without a PC, and Voice chat through the controller. The Titan One is still fully supported as Switch support was just released for no extra charge.

jwm2

buy_titantwo.png

The Titan Two is currently in the final beta stages and is nearing its official launch. Its a completely new device that fixes almost all the problems of the previous device and adds a lot more horsepower for even cooler mods and features never before possible. New features are being added daily and input is appreciated.

Software Downloads: https://www.consoletuner.com/titan-two-downloads/ (Windows & Mac Versions)

Titan One vs Titan Two Comparision: https://www.consoletuner.com/wiki/index.php?id=start

jwm2

The thing that drives me nuts about the CronusMAX when using it with an XB1 is that in the configuration tool, I can't set its platform to "automatic"; it has to be set to XB1. That leaves me high and dry -- without reconfiguring -- if I want to use it for any other system like my PS4.

Is the Titan any better in this department?

Yes actually the CM had firmware issues due to a bug that was hidden by Jefferson in an old firmware back when they were taking his work and reverse engineering it for their own releases. Due to them not having the source code they missed the bug and it caused some issues that took them months to figure out. Thats old news now, but they still have firmware issues to this day.

Meanwhile the Titan One has continued to evolve and is still fully supported to this day. In fact ConsoleTuner still does defective swap outs long past the original warranty period for their customers.

jwm2

Thank you so much for the assist! I will pick one up!

The Titan Two uses Gtuner IV which is compatible with both Windows and Mac OS X. The Titan One still requires the use of Virtualbox but the Titan Two has new software compatible with the most popular OS's.

wvnative

Yes actually the CM had firmware issues due to a bug that was hidden by Jefferson in an old firmware back when they were taking his work and reverse engineering it for their own releases. Due to them not having the source code they missed the bug and it caused some issues that took them months to figure out. Thats old news now, but they still have firmware issues to this day.

Meanwhile the Titan One has continued to evolve and is still fully supported to this day. In fact ConsoleTuner still does defective swap outs long past the original warranty period for their customers.

My CM works on automatic on my XB1. Only have to change it to XB360 for PC support.

jwm2

Extreme-Mods.com is running a sale that ends today on the Titan One and Titan Two devices. You'll get 10% off either devices and accessories.

Top Bottom