• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 will be released on November 18th (PS4, Xbox One, PC, 360, PS3)

EL CUCO

Cross gen?
nZxXpia.jpg

Antagonist will be an eccentric millionaire with a quirky campy personality laden with unprovoked violent cray cray streaks hunting for a mythological lost treasure based on ancient cartography and engraved runestones handed down through the family / came to him in a drug induced fever that nobody believes is real but in the end is VERY real and VERY cursed and then you play you fight Uncharted zombie nazis and wonder what the fuck happened.

It was actually all a big satire of the very things it was embracing. Ya know, like Starship Troopers!

SJRB

Gold Member
I can't believe they revealed it like this. What the fuck, Ubi. E3 is less than a month, you idiots.

Milennia

this is the copy paste of what i texted my friend after he told me...

LOOK at that fucking guy, he reminds me EXACTLY like the guy from far cry 3.... fuck me thats awesome

HYPE

Bizzquik

Gimme the PC release on Day One.

Still not a true "next gen" experience (cross-over *bleh*). But 60fps and 1080p confirmed, at least.

OneUh8

Excited for a next gen Far Cry, very disappointed they are holding onto last gen. I wonder when we will see the big AAA games drop last gen?

I can't believe they revealed it like this. What the fuck, Ubi. E3 is less than a month, you idiots.
There have been a few announcements like this recently, that just show boxart and announce something, within weeks of E3. It makes no sense.

It'd be like your parents saying "by the way, we got you that bike for your birthday. Your birthdays not for a few weeks, but get excited!"

MormaPope

Banned
Antagonist will be an eccentric millionaire with a quirky campy personality laden with unprovoked violent cray cray streaks hunting for a mythological lost treasure based on ancient cartography and engraved runestones handed down through the family / came to him in a drug induced fever that nobody believes is real but in the end is VERY real and VERY cursed and then you play you fight Uncharted zombie nazis and wonder what the fuck happened.

You left out the pinnacle decision the player has to make at the end.

Do you become lord of the zombies and let the zombies eat your entire village, only for you to be eaten alive by the captain zombie? Or do you kill the zombie lord and give your village all of the treasure?

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Everyone moaning about cross-gen needs to stop being so "me!" minded. I know everyone who has already upgraded to current gen gives no shits about last gen anymore, but by the time this game releases the current gen consoles will have been out for around a year. You seriously expect last gen to stop getting support so soon? Crazy.

the War of the Haves vs the Have Nots has begun!

it's seriously embarrassing

Well... I didn't like the last one, but I'm still hopeful. Disappointing that it's cross-gen, but I feel like that's the story this year.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I still find it odd that people get confused at why they'd (or any dev would) do cross-gen. There's so much money to be had and so many more consoles out there from last gen, it'd almost be dumb not to do cross gen for big titles.

rob305

Far Cry 3 was my favorite game of the generation. I'm super excited for this, but was hoping for another tropical setting. I hope that since this is the Himalayas there will be a lot more puzzles and unexplored ruins / tombs.

so freaking disappointed its cross gen, when will it end..

I hate the "BUT THE INSTALL BASE IS BIGGER" argument. No shit it is, no developers are giving reason to upgrade. Make your game not cross gen, then people will upgrade...its kind of a no brainer Most peoples mentality is why upgrade when I can play them on what I have now

Newboi

I'm so down for this. I loved Far Cry 3 on the PC, though it had that ridiculous texture corruption bug that made the game unplayable if you got it.

I hope they focus on Quality versus Quantity this go around. They also need to allow for some sort of Newgame+ functionality instead of just allow you to reinitialize outposts (which didn't come to later I might add).

It sucks that this game is cross-gen. The entrie design of this game from the beginning stages should have been around current-gen system specs. You can always make graphics prettier, but their are advancements in level design, AI, and physics that could be accomplished if they don't have to worry about being downscaleable to last-gen.

Top Bottom