• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXI expansion, "Seekers of Adoulin" Geomancer/Rune Fencer! Uematsu Concert tonight!

Pooya

yDTQN.jpg

trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX5zZRWd-hk&feature=g-u-u

official site http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/adoulin/

PS2 ver is Japan only. PC/360 elsewhere.

Announced on Vanafest stream

Seekers of Adoulin, new expansion pack with 2 new jobs, 2013.

stream: http://www.youtube.com/user/FINALFANTASYXI?v=_WOL50OOvyU

Shouta said:
I don't know. It looked like two new jobs because of the back shilouettes, we'll probably find out. They're explaining that they have a reason for going Adoulin this time.

Ah ok, So the big reasons they went west were A) Going north would have story developments too similar to what's gone on so far and East/South have had a big part in the story so far so they felt the impact for a disc expansion would be a little weak.

They're talking about the history of Adoulin right now, it's a little interesting but a little too fast for a quick translation but it's interesting. But basically, the large continent to the left was colonized by Adoulin and something happened and they had to abandon it or something. So as a result it was left untouched for a long time, I think. The hero characters get involved somehow and are asked to come there to help out.

They use Kaitaku quite a bit which means pioneering/exploration/reclaimation.

Ah, they're talking about a new game system with this "Trailblazing" overcoming dangers, destroying boulders/trees for materials, and setting up outposts!?

Lol, they're taking suggestions on what fish they should put into the game for fishing.

So yeah, exploration seems to be a big theme in this.

Finding caves, enemy bases, unique statue parts, and power spots stuff like that will be a part of the system.

Now it's new enemies. New beastmen, similar to crocodiles/gators

Monster bases will be done similar to Company battles. They have something called a Makyo Instance event as well. Explanation will be tomorrow.

New guilds unique to Adoulin are going to be in as well, with unique quests. Raise their levels to get new items, services, and even make the buildings better, it seems.

So, the concept is party buffs + elemental magic. It'll have a unique piece of gear like PUPs, a bell.

The buffs for the Geomancer will based around the Geomancer.

They'll be able to setup a field with the effect as well that stays there.

It will not be affected by Resistance because it's a field effect, at least as of right now.

It'll have directional bonuses based on the position against the monster as well. Holy shit this is gonna be a technical job, lol.

It'll have B- in Elemental and it'll have some Dark magic as well. It'll have the -ra spells and the directional bonuses will have an affect on it.

According to the picture, if you're standing north of an enemy, you get a bonus to magic attack, west is a recast bonus, east is a critical magic bonus, and south is accuracy, I think. I'd need to see the slide of it again.

ibckxoWO0W39ve.JPG

amano.png

img1.png

img2.png

img3.png

New jobs:

tjwwo.jpg

fQycV.jpg

nlsvY.jpg

--------------------------------------------------

Original post

Adoulin is some place in FFXI. new FFXI expansion?

pic of the trademark

x2_d0d969e

Adoulin is a small island off the west coast of the Quon continent (FFXI).
I doubt full fledged expansion, but perhaps an add-on scenario.

B.K.

It should be noted that Vanafest is this weekend. Any new expansion or add-on should be announced then.

Sigh, I don't want to play again. After 9 years I managed to finally get away.....

But knowing there are some zones in the game I haven't explored would drive me crazy!

Allard

I'm a battered person, I keep looking for a reason to go back to FFXI :(, wish I could completely quit you! Hopefully for the first month or so, so I can get a couple friends back to playing just to discover the new island, of course unless they fix some underlying mechanic issues that surfaced after the level cap I probably won't stick around too long after that, but hell I love the FFXI world too much to leave it completely lol. Look forward to tomorrow night :D, its also nice that the best stuff is starting in prime time in the Western time zone for once! (Sorry European players lol).

Allard

what's wrong with it?
i left when lv85 hit

Hate is the most obvious. The hate cap is designed around lvl 60, and when people got stronger during Abyssea it made hate extremely wonky to the point where the idea of a tank was useless because everyone ended up hitting the cap and the minute it hit someone, it just went to someone else, tank just couldn't keep hate no matter what it did after a while and didn't matter about conserving damage either, people just gradually got to the hate cap and never lost it. The response to it? Make monsters that flat out one shot people, spammed tp move with regain which meant conserving the mobs tp gain was useless. Battles weren't about efficiency or skill, it was a battle to zerg the mob as fast as possible. I mean we had that at lvl 75, but it got a lot worse after the level cap removal. No point in using debuffs, no point in being MP efficient, no point in bringing a tank, just wail on the mob, use abilities while doing it to trigger special loot tables for mobs and be done. They mentioned they are going to rewrite the resistance mechanics so debuffs get stronger and more useful, but until they make it useful to control the flow of battle, its not really going to change much. But the fact they intend to rewrite one basic mechanic gives me some 'hope' they will fix the hate issue.

Shouta

Yep, hate is a hot mess in FFXI. It has been for ages in terms of mechanics. For players, it's more fun though because the teams were adding tons of new stuff and making jobs more interesting but on a basic level, it's just stupid.

Riposte

Hate is the most obvious. The hate cap is designed around lvl 60, and when people got stronger during Abyssea it made hate extremely wonky to the point where the idea of a tank was useless because everyone ended up hitting the cap and the minute it hit someone, it just went to someone else, tank just couldn't keep hate no matter what it did after a while and didn't matter about conserving damage either, people just gradually got to the hate cap and never lost it. The response to it? Make monsters that flat out one shot people, spammed tp move with regain which meant conserving the mobs tp gain was useless. Battles weren't about efficiency or skill, it was a battle to zerg the mob as fast as possible. I mean we had that at lvl 75, but it got a lot worse after the level cap removal. No point in using debuffs, no point in being MP efficient, no point in bringing a tank, just wail on the mob, use abilities while doing it to trigger special loot tables for mobs and be done. They mentioned they are going to rewrite the resistance mechanics so debuffs get stronger and more useful, but until they make it useful to control the flow of battle, its not really going to change much. But the fact they intend to rewrite one basic mechanic gives me some 'hope' they will fix the hate issue.

Abyssea + level cap + Magian trials = FFXI retirement for me. Not that I left on bad terms.

I tried going back when all the 75+ stuff started to happen but it had been so long. Couldn't find my password, didn't have original CD keys so I couldn't get it reset :(

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Yep, hate is a hot mess in FFXI. It has been for ages in terms of mechanics. For players, it's more fun though because the teams were adding tons of new stuff and making jobs more interesting but on a basic level, it's just stupid.

Just have no caps at all on enmity. Change two values on two lines of code.
Then give PLD 'Yo Mama' and Flash II or something.
Then make a bunch of mobs that attack fast for no-joke damage.
Done.

Boss Man

Too bad there aren't any subtitles lol. All I understand is FINAL FANTUSY EWEUWEN.

dat PlayOnline music.

Commentary from the NA community team finally went up.

Shouta

I think that's what he said. Update info is coming in 75 minutes according to the announcers but that doesn't necessarily mean they'll be talking about Seekers.

and oh god Tanaka.

Boss Man

I haven't been following FFXI for a while, but Tanaka coming on stage made my balls jump into my stomach. It's like seeing an abusive uncle or something.

Allard

I think that's what he said. Update info is coming in 75 minutes according to the announcers but that doesn't necessarily mean they'll be talking about Seekers.

and oh god Tanaka.

The first Developer talk at 7:00 PM is probably going to announce Seekers of Adoulin. This was posted on the community twitter topic.

We know you're all seeking the truth... but hang in there a bit longer! :)

Last Vanafest they announced Abyssea at the tail end of this talk but that was because they focused so heavily on the level cap removal info first. My guess is they will announce the new expansion (if that is in the cards which I see little reason it won't be) either early on or in the middle of this talk, and then the talk tomorrow will talk about general stuff getting updated in the near future.

Shouta

The first Developer talk at 7:00 PM is probably going to announce Seekers of Adoulin. This was posted on the community twitter topic.

Ah. They were planning on talking about updates in there but wasn't sure they'd be talking about seekers as it'd be an announcement type of deal. Other panels are director talks and the like.

Boss Man

Ah. They were planning on talking about updates in there but wasn't sure they'd be talking about seekers as it'd be an announcement type of deal. Other panels are director talks and the like.
I'm pretty sure they're going to announce it in the 7:00-7:30 PDT block, that's what the NA community reps commentary sounded like.

This music is awesome. I think I'm going to nerd out hard on the musical performance later. FFXI has the best fucking music.

Allard

Two years ago at the last vanafest they opened the developers session with the almost immediate reveal of the new level removal after everyone of the developers had a chance to be introduced. After they got done with some of the particulars (New abilities and spells for the jobs) they went right into the Abyssea reveal. The second developer talk was usually to talk specifically about what is coming relatively soon as well as give a proper Q&A with the developers (Prescripted Q&A that is!). The level cap removal was obviously a much bigger reveal then the abyssea add-ons, and the focus for the expansion was obviously going to be introducing new content for this level cap. My guess is unless there is something they think is an even bigger announcement then a new expansion is revealed, that will be one of the first things they announce, unless they want to be cock teases and just do it at the end this year :)

Shouta

lol, poor guys on stage. They're getting the short-end of the stick for this. No subjobs for the special battle (just for this exhibition) and it's the 6 basic jobs. On the bright side, looks like they have the Empyreans on their respective jobs.

Allard

lol, poor guys on stage. They're getting the short-end of the stick for this. No subjobs for the special battle (just for this exhibition) and it's the 6 basic jobs. On the bright side, looks like they have the Empyreans on their respective jobs.

Wish I could understand what was said ; ; I just hear gibberish in the background while crafting in FFXIV right now XD.

Edit: Oh also, I want that colibri shirt. The community stream is up now.

Allard

They're just buying time right now because one of the computers crapped out, heh.

Typical XD and the community stream is also talking about what is happening right now too.

Edit: Lol the names they are using reminds me of RMT names.

Top Bottom