• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony should refund anyone who bought Metal Slug Anthology

Z O N E

This whole exchange has been painful to read. From a video not including the biggest visual feedback (standing jump) to most of the gif showing turning animations which aren't a valid point to show input lag (the last few seconds of same direction taps are all that count in that), you're all terrible at proving a point.

I see the input lag. It could be worse, and it looks to be within the margins of playability, but it's there.

Input lag that is noticed from gameplay should NEVER be acceptable.

Sorry for double post, but I had to say that.

How exactly are the ACA versions of Metal Slug 1 & 2 for PS4? I've been hearing pretty good things about the standalone release of 3, but barely anything about the first two games.

BruceCLea

Banned
Redownloaded the game on my PS4 Pro with boost mode enabled. MAJOR IMPROVEMENT. Games play better than the single titles.

Very playable but again I have the Pro and boost mode on. Also playing on a KS8000

Anybody else see the improvement like me?

Aselith

This whole exchange has been painful to read. From a video not including the biggest visual feedback (standing jump) to most of the gif showing turning animations which aren't a valid point to show input lag (the last few seconds of same direction taps are all that count in that), you're all terrible at proving a point.

I see the input lag. It could be worse, and it looks to be within the margins of playability, but it's there.

Well then enjoy!

bman94

Redownloaded the game on my PS4 Pro with boost mode enabled. MAJOR IMPROVEMENT. Games play better than the single titles.

Very playable but again I have the Pro and boost mode on. Also playing on a KS8000

Anybody else see the improvement like me?

Can I get another confirmation on this? This thread is what initially stopped me from getting it but I do have a PS4 Pro.

Can I get another confirmation on this? This thread is what initially stopped me from getting it but I do have a PS4 Pro.

I have the same exact set up as bman - I HIGHLY doubt the pro can somehow fix a ps2 port- I'm like 100% sure of this but just for you, I'll double check.

EDIT: Right and I have boost mode enabled, but I cant remember if boost mode came out when I made the post
if it did I'm sure I have already tested it before.

Actually I forgot to mention on this thread a while back that I think there is not input lag found on metal slug 5 and 6 ( or was it 6 only? - the one with kof characters)
but who cares since the only good ones on the anthology are metal slug 1-3 and X and those had horrid input lag.

The compilation is just fine guys. You want a troubled port? Look at the Switch version of MS2. That port was the first time that I ever saw such bad lags and other issues.

The PS4 anthology is awesome and I've enjoyed my time playing through all the games!

I have a PS4 Pro though so I don't know that even remotely does something.

The compilation is just fine guys.

Dude , please read the thread - the compilation is not fine,
I will double check later if boost mode did anything to help with the input lag.

quick ways to test this is to fire up any of the first metal slug (1-3) press left and right and see if it feels heavy moving.

example:

uL4RbR7

Noticed that when I first boot it, check some online impression, everyone say you got to use the analog stick to play instead and it was definitely a lot better. I think this problem existed on the original ps2.

I'll try the analogs,
but even the jumps wont register (especially noticeable on the metal slug one snow stage)
I used to beat metal slug one with 1 credit (coin)

I couldn't even beat the ps2 version with max lifes 3 credits.

EDIT: sorry about double post- thought someone had replied after me :(

Dude , please read the thread - the compilation is not fine,
I will double check later if boost mode did anything to help with the input lag.

quick ways to test this is to fire up any of the first metal slug (1-3) press left and right and see if it feels heavy moving.

example:

uL4RbR7
I read the thread thanks dragonzdogma. Since it first began too.

But no never mind my opinion then. Sorry.

OP I'm in complete agreement. I picked it up and it's as bad as you described.

Sorry man,
I tried to warn peeps.

I hear they have a digital sale today of NA psn - other might want to check this thread.
before they get it.

I myself have been waiting to see if metal slug 1-3 get a price drop ( the arcade archive versions) finger crossed they play better and have less input lag.

BruceCLea

Banned
Sorry man,
I tried to warn peeps.

I hear they have a digital sale today of NA psn - other might want to check this thread.
before they get it.

I myself have been waiting to see if metal slug 1-3 get a price drop ( the arcade archive versions) finger crossed they play better and have less input lag.

I'm in full agreement with you but I just redownloaded the game on my PS4 Pro with boost mode enabled. The lag has SIGNIFICANTLY dropped. It's a pure joy to play now. Can someone else with a Pro confirm? I'm also playing on a Samsung KS8000 tv if that means anything.

I'm in full agreement with you but I just redownloaded the game on my PS4 Pro with boost mode enabled. The lag has SIGNIFICANTLY dropped. It's a pure joy to play now. Can someone else with a Pro confirm? I'm also playing on a Samsung KS8000 tv if that means anything.

Funny enough I have the same exact set up as you, I'll confirm in a couple of hours.

Kyari

The compilation is just fine guys. You want a troubled port? Look at the Switch version of MS2. That port was the first time that I ever saw such bad lags and other issues.

The PS4 anthology is awesome and I've enjoyed my time playing through all the games!

Is the Switch port of Metal Slug 2 any worse than Metal Slug 2 just normally was?
Because yo Metal Slug 2 is a bust ass game. That's why they killed it and remade it as Metal Slug X, MS2 has always been SUPER BROKEN and slows down like crazy even when emulated on powerful rigs.

Fancolors

Your description makes it sound like it's just MS2 being MS2. Other than remaking a lot of 2, X gets a lot of praise because it fixes a lot of slowdowns in 2. (despite still having some slowdowns, especially on bosses)

Dude, I just had time to test this today.

Ks8000, ps4 pro on boost mode and it's still the same laggy experience on metal slug 1-5.

6 is the only game that is fine.

bman94

Dude, I just had time to test this today.

Ks8000, ps4 pro on boost mode and it's still the same laggy experience on metal slug 1-5.

6 is the only game that is fine.

Smh I guess I'll just pass this altogether and wait for SNK to slowly put all them on Steam or Switch, whichever one comes first.

Enjay

Banned
They should give everyone that purchased scott pilgrim vs the world for ps4 a refund too the game locks up and doesn't let you pass stage 3

I thought that was just because I'm bad at Metal Slug... and how are the Neo-Geo originals? These games always seemed laggy to me, maybe the controls are just designed that way.

Krathoon

I see these videos of people jumping and shooting all over the place with the PS4 version. So, it makes me wonder if the lag is not so bad or it has been fixed.

killatopak

Gold Member
I thought that was just because I'm bad at Metal Slug... and how are the Neo-Geo originals? These games always seemed laggy to me, maybe the controls are just designed that way.
The neo geo does have some slowdowns but that's separate from the input lag.

Some even prefer the standalone releases because other ports remove the slowdown which some think needs to be part of the game to emulate it 100%.

Krathoon

It is not perfect emulation, but it isn't horrible either. There is another version of Metal Slug 3 on the PS4 that I might get. The Anthology version has some weird loading in it. It is not annoying, but it is weird.

Top Bottom