• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen |OT| deep down darkness

There is a bug where if you are near a Dragon and it flies away you may end up with Dragon Forged gear. It happened to me when I was fighting goblins and the drake flew nearby. Suddenly I had my armor and weapon Dragon Forged.

Dragon Forged is the fourth stage of gear enhancement. Before Dark Arisen, it was the final stage. Now Dragon Forged gear can be Rarified by Barroch on Bitterblack Isle an additional two levels, silver and gold.

Ah interesting, thanks. That must have been what happened. It was a huge surprise.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Added my pawn to the PS3 part of the spreadsheet. Can't remember if she's a strider or a ranger (probably the latter), but her level should be updated daily since I'm doing BBI right now.

If you're going to friend me on PSN, please write GAF/DD in the message, because I've just gone through deleting 40 "who the hell are they" people from my PSN friend list.

You know in the Eternal Rift or wherever that dungeon is called when you get to the pawn guild - where you have to
feel from the monster at the bottom
is there ever a point where you are strong enough to beat it? And if so - generally at what level>?

Kyoufu

You know in the Eternal Rift or wherever that dungeon is called when you get to the pawn guild - where you have to
is there ever a point where you are strong enough to beat it? And if so - generally at what level>?

Nah, you can't kill those things permanently. At least not from what I remember.

If you're going to friend me on PSN, please write GAF/DD in the message, because I've just gone through deleting 40 "who the hell are they" people from my PSN friend list.

One thing I want in next gen consoles is the ability to group your friends list, and perhaps the ability to rename your friends (easy to forget who someone is when screen names differ community to community).

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Nah, you can't kill those things permanently. At least not from what I remember.
You can.
The first Vile (Evil?) Eye that you're forced to fight in the endgame is the owner of those tentacles, so basically killing it = getting rid of them. Not that there's a bottom floor anymore.

Kyoufu

You can.
The first Vile (Evil?) Eye that you're forced to fight in the endgame is the owner of those tentacles, so basically killing it = getting rid of them. Not that there's a bottom floor anymore.

Oh yeah. All I remember is running from those tentacles constantly because they wouldn't go away lol.

Okay, so that's the end of that dungeon? Strange, cus my pawn only has a one star level of understanding for that location, so I always thought there was something further below past that monster.

Sera O

Banned

It's part of the progression into post-game content; you can't really miss fighting it. I'm not sure if you have the opportunity to fight it before end of main quest, though, because the main body isn't exposed. If you see nothing but tentacles sprouting, there is no way to kill it.

Okay, so that's the end of that dungeon? Strange, cus my pawn only has a one star level of understanding for that location, so I always thought there was something further below past that monster.

It will probably stay like that until you are well into post game when that whole thing opens up.

Eusis

There actually IS a bit more to the area, but not much, poke down there later and explore a bit. The tentacles won't show up again as I recall. However, (vague-but-significant spoilers)
you'll want to check it out before you take on The Dragon.
If you don't want to read that, just go back and try again now and see how it goes.

PowderedToast

so i maxed out my fighter vocation and switched to mystic knight (so i could carry over my sword and a couple of skills). what's the best strategy to level this class up quickly? i'm sorta rubbish right now and feel like i've made a mistake

Quick question. Does this start where you left off in the first version or do you just start over with the bonuses from the saved game?

Does any progress carry over, meaning, do you recommend playing trough the first version than go to Dark Arisen or does it not matter?

Thanks.

Quick question. Does this start where you left off in the first version or do you just start over with the bonuses from the saved game?

Does any progress carry over, meaning, do you recommend playing trough the first version than go to Dark Arisen or does it not matter?

Thanks.

The progress carries over to Dark Arisen and you start where you left off.

EDIT:

so i maxed out my fighter vocation and switched to mystic knight (so i could carry over my sword and a couple of skills). what's the best strategy to level this class up quickly? i'm sorta rubbish right now and feel like i've made a mistake

The fastest way to max vocations is in post game on the Noble Quarter.

Sanctuary

I just can't agree with Sanctuary's post.

Health doesn't matter because of Spring Water/Regen gear.

Stamina doesn't matter because of Large Mushrooms.

I'm speaking from personal experience, but that's just the way the game is for me.

Yeah, health doesn't matter. Especially when you drop down to 30 health from a single attack (which has happened more than once). Spring water is also complete garbage at level 70+ because it takes so much to fill you back up that it's not worth the weight any longer.

Seriously, what level did some of you enter BBI, 100+? I also already covered the mushroom issue if you had bothered to read it. You can't carry around 60+ mushrooms all of the time on top of other curatives and mantain a decent carry weight without Sinew. Unless you spend most of your time in the inventory screen giving your main pawn every few items you pickup. It's kind of annoying reading about how "you don't need to min/max" with someone mentioning being double the level I am in the same post. Yeah, it doesn't matter...just go level more! Sorry, I beat the main game at 50, and wasn't going to go spend time leveling up for no reason when the game wasn't challenging at all and BBI was supposedly meant to be entered around 50 - 55.

On a competely different topic: what the hell is going on the with drake in Devilfire? It keeps running away, almost every single time now if I don't zerg it down in under a minute. As a Magick Archer they are cake, but as any other class (even a Sorcerer), I can't seem to kill them before they fly up and zoom off of the screen for good (not flying back down to their spawn point). It never did that prior to DA that I can recall.

There actually IS a bit more to the area, but not much, poke down there later and explore a bit. The tentacles won't show up again as I recall. However, (vague-but-significant spoilers)
you'll want to check it out before you take on The Dragon.
If you don't want to read that, just go back and try again now and see how it goes.
I've finished the game (inc. post-game) but I'm not sure what you're referring to. What changes down there that would be significant
before fighting Grigori? Are there some good drops?
I only visited once for that quest and never returned prior to the post-game.

phierce

I've finished the game (inc. post-game) but I'm not sure what you're referring to. What changes down there that would be significant
Go to the DD wiki and search The Everfall. A LOT changes. (I don't want to post a lot of spoilers here...plus I'm lazy to use tags lol)

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Yeah, health doesn't matter. Especially when you drop down to 30 health from a single attack (which has happened more than once). Spring water is also complete garbage at level 70+ because it takes so much to fill you back up that it's not worth the weight any longer.

Seriously, what level did some of you enter BBI, 100+? I also already covered the mushroom issue if you had bothered to read it. You can't carry around 60+ mushrooms all of the time on top of other curatives and mantain a decent carry weight without Sinew. Unless you spend most of your time in the inventory screen giving your main pawn every few items you pickup. It's kind of annoying reading about how "you don't need to min/max" with someone mentioning being double the level I am in the same post. Yeah, it doesn't matter...just go level more! Sorry, I beat the main game at 50, and wasn't going to go spend time leveling up for no reason when the game wasn't challenging at all and BBI was supposedly meant to be entered around 50 - 55.
Vocations which I've leveled were all over the place and yet BBI wasn't that hard when I went there on level 54. I'm still only 1/3 in and it's supposed to get harder though.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
23 hours in now, level 39, finally got to Bluemoon Tower. I spent so much time worrying about fucking up sidequests and looking at the wiki to make sure I did stuff right. And like none of it was really worth it anyway lol. I'm just going to try to only focus on the main story now.

Sera O

Banned

I'm curious too. I wasn't aware that there was anything to do down there between the initial 'omg tentacles' quest and before the 'final battle' quest. I'm pretty sure I went back down there to peep things out, too.

Go to the DD wiki and search The Everfall. A LOT changes. (I don't want to post a lot of spoilers here...plus I'm lazy to use tags lol)

I looked at the page and still don't get what you're referring to. I'm aware it opens up
after killing Grigori
. The thing I don't get is whether there's some state between Lure of the Abyss and that point that I didn't see.

It feels like I either need to luck out on a light-elemental weapon to beat Daimon 2 or just quit playing this crap expansion.

Almost lvl 150 with very nice gear but my Magick Archer can't scratch the fucker because my bow and knives are electric. Pawns are useless because they just get sucked into the vortex.

Fuck this shit.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
So are they not used for anything other than weighing you down? Kinda pointless.

An equipable item, used to throw at the environment to create noise, for distraction or as a lure.

or can be used for crafting.

It feels like I either need to luck out on a light-elemental weapon to beat Daimon 2 or just quit playing this crap expansion.

Almost lvl 150 with very nice gear but my Magick Archer can't scratch the fucker because my bow and knives are electric. Pawns are useless because they just get sucked into the vortex.

Fuck this shit.
he has a damage barrier, if you can't surpass that then you won't do any damage.

When he's doing his vortex attack, hit him with your strongest attacks. if you do enough damage, it will knock him out and youll be able to get a lot of hits on him before he recovers. Take Conquerors Periapts to increase your strength. Stack 4 on top of each other for maximum effect. Take blast arrows to stun lock him.

phierce

He's asking what changes
before post-game...AFAIK, nothing.
I looked at the page and still don't get what you're referring to. I'm aware it opens up
after killing Grigori
. The thing I don't get is whether there's some state between Lure of the Abyss and that point that I didn't see.
Oh shit...sorry about that. I read that post completely wrong. I blame the Bruins playoff game I'm watching!

burgerdog

Fuck this shit.

Lightning is very decent against it and you don't have nice gear if you can't damage him. He's balanced around level 2 cursed weapons, which you should have gotten by now, plenty of them, in fact. Vortex killing your pawns is your fault, too. Hit him a few times while he's doing it to interrupt him, which leads to a ton of free damage when he's curled up. Stun him while he's curled up for even more damage.

I've been farming him since lv110 taking less than 5 minutes to kill him. Don't call the game crap because you're not as good as you think you are.

Finally got Immortal coat, thank the baby Jesus! I should have done these quests earlier. Going to go back to farming Daimon and see if my luck changes for traitor or hellfire chest armor

xCobalt

Started a new save on a second gamertag. I didn't really see much point in farming for the best gear when I can beat the final boss with what I have so far. Haven't had a chance to play as a Mystick Knight yet so I'm looking forward to this. I'll add my second gamertag to the google doc as well.

Lightning is very decent against it and you don't have nice gear if you can't damage him. He's balanced around level 2 cursed weapons, which you should have gotten by now, plenty of them, in fact.
I have level 2 cursed weapons and they do nothing.

I can gut version 1 in less than two minutes.

Eusis

I'm curious too. I wasn't aware that there was anything to do down there between the initial 'omg tentacles' quest and before the 'final battle' quest. I'm pretty sure I went back down there to peep things out, too.

after killing Grigori
There's just a little extra area you can find attached to
the bottom where the tentacles pop up
, but I don't think any quest actually involves anything there aside from probably one of those token seeking DLC quests.

Oh, something that worked for me and MAY work for others with their pawns when their inclinations slip some: Mine has a secondary of Mitigator that went to Mendicant, and when passing a knowledge chair I figured I'd do one of those talks and see what happens, and I had to choice between staying with Mendicant and going to Mitigator. I'm not sure if I just got lucky, but it may be worth a try first before chugging down the inclination potions.

They're part of the dlc quests iirc. Check the basement of the pawn guild for the noticeboard.

yeah, I've already completed them and apparently the reward are those vow tokens. But that seems to be the end of the quest line for that, so now I have these tokens which serve no purpose yet are worth six thousand a pop - should I sell them?

Eusis

yeah, I've already completed them and apparently the reward are those vow tokens. But that seems to be the end of the quest line for that, so now I have these tokens which serve no purpose yet are worth six thousand a pop - should I sell them?
I think that's their primary use, BUT apparently if you keep them you can auto-complete the quests on NG+, so they're an easy way to get a pile of EXP at once.

burgerdog

Eh, I just found oblivion(etc) pants from the midnight helix chest. I figured they were exclusive to Daimon's chests, guess not!

I think I've made a huge mistake. It's my own fault for not looking into the game more, but I had no idea about these black bars. They completely ruin the experience for me :(. Played for 20 minutes and had to turn it off.

burgerdog

I think I've made a huge mistake. It's my own fault for not looking into the game more, but I had no idea about these black bars. They completely ruin the experience for me :(. Played for 20 minutes and had to turn it off.

Do you also hate 2:35:1 films? I don't even notice the bars anymore. They really should have given us the option to scale the image. OPTIONS, devs, let us decide whether we want a sharp nonscaled image or a blurry scaled one.

Do you also hate 2:35:1 films? I don't even notice the bars anymore. They really should have given us the option to scale the image. OPTIONS, devs, let us decide whether we want a sharp nonscaled image or a blurry scaled one.

This isn't a movie, and no, I dont hate widescreen movies. It's just tough to play a game with widescreen bars when not a single game I've ever played has the bars.

Anyway, this is old news for everyone else in the thread so I won't drag it on, it's just shockingly disappointing.

Sorry, I have no sympathy.

I never asked for it, but thanks for your input.

Top Bottom