• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy - |OT| The truth about 8.

So, I ended up trying again last night and absolutely steamrolled the sister after all that. Thanks so much for your help guys!

I admit - I was using stupid tactics to fight her. I wasn't using the multi-slash from my samurai and I even forgot to keep using Berserk with my warrior lol.

Before the fight I ended up crafting all the high-level equipment I could from junk armor etc. and then boosted all the equipment I could to the max (the shop is now sold out of like, every material lol... I had loads of GP left over since I got the 300k trophy and didn't need it anymore).

And the boss was easy! I was spamming Neo Defence during the Goldman fight since I knew that was a pushover, and thanks to quick slash from my paladin the unity meter was building quite well without my academic using brain spike (or whatever the unity building skill is), so I could use him for attacking more.

Again, thanks for the help everyone, feel really happy now. The next fight I think is...
Akito and Alice?
At least I have to go for some training at Bean Stalk and I assume it's that trophy.

(I managed to beat two wanted variants as well, but not the dragon thing in Babyl Sphere yet... might give that another go tonight).

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
This game while levels are important so is making sure you are topped out with decent gear that is upgraded. You can pretty much break the game by taking advantage of the customize and breaking down of equipment lol.

So to anyone who platinumed this game - I salute you, you're a stronger person than I am.

Good lord, I just spent half an hour (yes, only half an hour) rolling gamble codes to try and get Muramasas and felt like blowing my brains out. Didn't get any btw.

Plus, I got up to Soul Eater/Soul Rebirth in Babyl Sphere and was barely making a dent in them (they'd immediately slice my squad down to 5, then I could never really recover with all the re-arranging and what not) so I feel like I need to grind a bit.

And I don't want to do that. I've enjoyed the game, but I'm done with it now and want to move on.

I'll still buy Operation Babel when it releases, just might google the Mu'la fight because I don't really want to go back to Abyss anymore. Maybe one day farrrr into the future.

Ephidel

Good lord, I just spent half an hour (yes, only half an hour) rolling gamble codes to try and get Muramasas and felt like blowing my brains out. Didn't get any btw.
Honestly, by the time you've got Affix Aficionado and Veteran Xth Member (which I assume you don't have yet) you'll be rolling in Muramasas.

I beat the game having seen 0 Muramasas and 1 MURAMASA.

I went out and got a bunch of gear to save scum gamble codes on for the Affixes I was missing to complete Affix Afficionado and found a second MURAMASA in the process.
By the time I finished Veteran Xth (which I finished off by farming the subway) I had five Muramasas just from identifying stuff ¬_¬

Plus, I got up to Soul Eater/Soul Rebirth in Babyl Sphere and was barely making a dent in them (they'd immediately slice my squad down to 5, then I could never really recover with all the re-arranging and what not) so I feel like I need to grind a bit.
Fwiw you can pre-cast Anti-Shuffle before the fight starts.
Then you can 'protect' it using Anti-Default the same way you would your other 'permanent' buffs. Reapplying Anti-Default if something strips it off is nowhere near as bothersome as attempting to reapply all the individual buffs.

Honestly, by the time you've got Affix Aficionado and Veteran Xth Member (which I assume you don't have yet) you'll be rolling in Muramasas.

I beat the game having seen 0 Muramasas and 1 MURAMASA.

I went out and got a bunch of gear to save scum gamble codes on for the Affixes I was missing to complete Affix Afficionado and found a second MURAMASA in the process.
By the time I finished Veteran Xth (which I finished off by farming the subway) I had five Muramasas just from identifying stuff ¬_¬

Fwiw you can pre-cast Anti-Shuffle before the fight starts.
Then you can 'protect' it using Anti-Default the same way you would your other 'permanent' buffs. Reapplying Anti-Default if something strips it off is nowhere near as bothersome as attempting to reapply all the individual buffs.

Thanks for the advice. I'll come back to this thread if I ever give it another go haha. To be fair, I'm glad to be done with the game at this point, after putting 45 hours in (and I don't have that much time for gaming anymore), I'd definitely had enough lol.

Mozendo

Now I remember why I put this game on my backlog. Left off at TPF Kingdom B3F because I was getting destroyed. Upgraded every piece of armor and weapon on me. I kinda want to give up because I don't know how I can improve, also am I almost near the end of the game?

Top Bottom