• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really fun game tonight. The umpire was absolute trash tonight though, probably the worst performance I've seen all season. At least he was consistently horrible for both teams.

rekameohs

Banned
The local Dbacks broadcast ending its show by zooming in on Iannetta rounding the bases on his grand slam in slow motion, clearly mouthing “FUCK YEAH” is pretty hilarious.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
15yVfj5.jpg

Won the Lackey start, wow. With Hendricks and Quintana next two days hopefully we can at least split and get three out of four. Then the team just needs to split the 4 in St louis.

Brewers have some good young talent.

they likely don't even need to split against the cardinals

I hate Jeter as much as the next guy, but the media trying to turn "He bought the team and immediately fired the dead weight who traded off their names to collect a check while doing nothing" into a story is something else.

big ander

I hate Jeter as much as the next guy, but the media trying to turn "He bought the team and immediately fired the dead weight who traded off their names to collect a check while doing nothing" into a story is something else.
The shady part is how they're making themselves seem eager to do it, given his company technically doesn't own the team yet, and that they're having the president do it errand boy style, AND that that president is also on the chopping block.

These sound like smart office moves but there's gotta be a PR aspect to this. If you wanna fire a guy literally called Mr Marlin you have to do it with finesse, even if it's a smart business move and will hypothetically give the fans a better team.

Mrbob

Wilson pitches well and Wade Davis blows the save.

Damn commentary curse...

"Davis had not blown a save in a year", boom, home run to tie game.

Mrbob

Yeah I'm not too mad because I'd rather see Milwaukee get in instead of the Cardinals but I want the division locked down. A win pretty much would have done that.

gamz

Yeah I'm not too mad because I'd rather see Milwaukee get in instead of the Cardinals but I want the division locked down. A win pretty much would have done that.

It'll happen this week regardless. I just wanted a split but you always get greedy.

Hendricks is the hard luck pitcher on this team. Seems like he never gets run support.

they are in the playins not the playoffs.

one and done wild card games should never be called the playoffs :/

Wild card game is such a farce.

162 games, and one dumb flukey game decides who goes to the actual playoffs. Pfft.

Yes, I'm still bitter about 2013.

zulux21

And who's going to take on that contract?

There is a decent chance the white sox will pick up a big contract or two in the off season.

they are only going to have like a 40mil payroll so they could pick up a big contract eat some of it and trade him for nice prospects.

that being said his might be to much of an issue and the white sox are set at 2nd and short. someone like Jacoby Ellsbury might be a better target for them given they don't have a good CF right now and while he isn't worth the money he is making, he would still be a decent CF.

Don't know how much the yankees are hurting for salary relief though.

Tall4Life

Ah yes the Yankees are rebuilding when they have the second highest payroll in the league, made some stupid trades to screw with their "rebuild", and are paying fucking Sabathia in 2017 25 million dollars and a 34 year old Ellsbury 22 million, with many more years to go

Malo

Banned
You think Cano is calling Jeter now?

I'd imagine he wants to live in florida
Jeter about to get the band back together. A-Rod is going to manage and Cone is going to be the GM.

There is a decent chance the white sox will pick up a big contract or two in the off season.

they are only going to have like a 40mil payroll so they could pick up a big contract eat some of it and trade him for nice prospects.

that being said his might be to much of an issue and the white sox are set at 2nd and short. someone like Jacoby Ellsbury might be a better target for them given they don't have a good CF right now and while he isn't worth the money he is making, he would still be a decent CF.

Don't know how much the yankees are hurting for salary relief though.
I fully expect Ellsbury to get traded in the offseason. They're trying to get under the luxury tax and they have an abundance of OFs at the major league and minor league levels (Hicks, Frazier, Cave, McKinney, Florial). If they eat about half of what Ellsbury is owed, they should be able to move him.

zulux21

I fully expect Ellsbury to get traded in the offseason. They're trying to get under the luxury tax and they have an abundance of OFs at the major league and minor league levels (Hicks, Frazier, Cave, McKinney, Florial). If they eat about half of what Ellsbury is owed, they should be able to move him.

then yeah i could see the white sox being a decent trade partner there for them if they can get him mostly for money.

if the rebuild comes together faster than expected he can be the outfield anchor.
if not the white sox could likely eat more of the salary to get a nice return if he has a decent season up to the allstar break next year.

and worst case they just spend some money on him, which they have plenty to spare the next few years budget wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom