• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016-2017 Offseason |OT| At Least Next Year is an Odd Numbered Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supposedly the Braves have made inquiries regarding Justin Verlander and Zack Greinke. Since they now expect to increase payroll dramatically, they would be more inclined to take on salary than trade prospects.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Supposedly the Braves have made inquiries regarding Justin Verlander and Zack Greinke. Since they now expect to increase payroll dramatically, they would be more inclined to take on salary than trade prospects.

...this is going to be a long winter.

But the braves suck?

The offense got real good once Markakis found his power, Inciarte got consistent, and Kemp decided he wanted to play again. Freddie Freeman had a career year and that's amazing when you consider he was replacement level until June. The bullpen also turned very solid. Only issue was starting pitching.

If you cut the season off before June 5, the Braves were 50-47.

Mortemis

Banned
For those that care, it sounds like the super two cut off is gonna be 2.131. So guys like Taijuan Walker are short but Kiermeier hits it right at 2.131.

Beckx

aaaaaaaaaa

Fighters-Carp are tied in the 7th inning. i'm so stressed.

9th inning now. tied.

i can't even watch now i'm too stressed out.

Beckx

AAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!

西川選手サヨナラ満塁ホームラン!!!!!!!

Nishikawa hits a grand slam in the bottom of the ninth!

Fighters win! up 3-2 on Hiroshima with Otani and Arihara to pitch games 6 and 7!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!@!!!!!!

Cvxm5XhUAAA02aZ.jpg

up on Youtube now.Carp closer was in and plunked Oka HARD in the back (loading the bases lol), benches clear and the Carp are jawing (the look on Nakata's face as Yoh steers him back to the dugout)....then Nishikawa makes them pay.

https://t.co/EmV0N00KDD

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://www.todaysknuckleball.com/in...heyman-cespedes-will-opt-mets-remain-picture/

Star Mets outfielder Yoenis Cespedes plans to exercise his opt-out clause shortly after the World Series.

This should come as no surprise to anyone who follows the game, as it’s a virtual lock that he tops the $47.5 million over two years he has remaining on his contract. The move will make Cespedes a free agent, but doesn’t in any way preclude Cespedes from returning to the Mets, as he chose to do last winter.

Cespedes has until three days after the World Series to make the move official, but there’s no sense the Mets are making a big push to make the opt-out unnecessary with a last-minute deal.

Fox318

Yankee Stadium will be undergoing renos for 2017

CvjmoAIWcAACREX.jpg:large

Of note: "The Yankees will also release an additional 200,000 tickets priced at $15 and below in order to attract a larger amount of fans for 2017." This includes the introduction of variable and dynamic pricing.

If anyone needs to see the problem with new york sports lately go to a rangers game and check out the bars.

Its fucking full of assholes with money who aren't there to watch the game. Its a night club/ conference room.

I have a friend who scores front row (Legends Section) tickets all the time because his company has the seats and nobody there wants to go to games. I'm sure the yankees are doing this shit because spending in the arena must be down since less people are going to the park.

Its a fucking shame that the old atmosphere of Old Yankee Stadium is lost.

Every Mets offseason needs some Cespedrama

i wonder if they will pay to bring him back though?

No, his camp wants more years added on to the deal he already has to bring total value to somewhere around $160M. Mets, despite needing him, won't pay that because Mets.

So he gone.

Beckx

does it make me a bad person if i keep watching the part where the Carp are all saying stuff to Oka and then i enjoy Haruki shutting them up so much more?

BFIB

No, his camp wants more years added on to the deal he already has to bring total value to somewhere around $160M. Mets, despite needing him, won't pay that because Mets.

So he gone.
It's ok, Tebow will be your savior. On the 3 days he plays so he can continue his ESPN gig.

Malo

Banned
BA has started releasing their top ten lists for 2017. Here's the Yankees:

1. Gleyber Torres, ss
2. Clint Frazier, of
3. Blake Rutherford, of
4. Jorge Mateo, ss
5. James Kaprielian, rhp
6. Aaron Judge, of
7. Justus Sheffield, lhp
8. Chance Adams, rhp
9. Dustin Fowler, of
10. Domingo Acevedo, rhp

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/2017-new-york-yankees-top-10-prospects/#btbgCwuI3MvxtWsu.97

Three of the top 7 were acquired in the Miller and Chapman trades, including the top two. I'm a little surprised to see Rutherford at 3, ahead of Mateo. 5 to 7 Yankees prospects should crack BA's top 100.

gamz

1. Gleyber Torres, ss
2. Clint Frazier, of
3. Blake Rutherford, of
4. Jorge Mateo, ss
5. James Kaprielian, rhp
6. Aaron Judge, of
7. Justus Sheffield, lhp
8. Chance Adams, rhp
9. Dustin Fowler, of
10. Domingo Acevedo, rhp

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/2017-new-york-yankees-top-10-prospects/#btbgCwuI3MvxtWsu.97

Three of the top 7 were acquired in the Miller and Chapman trades, including the top two. I'm a little surprised to see Rutherford at 3, ahead of Mateo. 5 to 7 Yankees prospects should crack BA's top 100.

They did a great job of getting prospects this year. Really stellar job.

Friggz

1. Gleyber Torres, ss
2. Clint Frazier, of
3. Blake Rutherford, of
4. Jorge Mateo, ss
5. James Kaprielian, rhp
6. Aaron Judge, of
7. Justus Sheffield, lhp
8. Chance Adams, rhp
9. Dustin Fowler, of
10. Domingo Acevedo, rhp

The top 7 should. I also see Mateo being traded this offseason.

Y the Gawd leaving the AFL

Brian MacPherson
‏@brianmacp
Per the Red Sox, Yoan Moncada has been shut down and won't appear again in the Arizona Fall League due to a sprained left thumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom