• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

witness

Well after my Amazon disaster today I cancelled and just ordered on Xbox live. Glad I'm getting 200mb internet installed today. Probably will wake up early before work to play this tomorrow.

paskowitz

Ok guys, just my two cents here.

I've played about 8-ish hours of the full release on XBO and maybe 30 mins on PC (i7 3770k, SSD, 8GB, GTX 1070). Random thoughts...

• This is, without a doubt, the most fun I've had with a racer since Burnout Paradise.
  • It's really really pretty. :)
  • There are something like 9 radios stations and I found all of them to be filled with great dirving music. My fav is the classical station.
  • There are a ton of settings in the PC version so be ready to tinker around to find what works for your system because Ultra settings ate my 1070 alive. (running at 1080P)
  • It just feels soooo good to drive the trucks/jeeps/warthog/buggies off-road. Love it!
  • The difference between the XBO version vs the PC on High, to me, is negligible. The frame rate was all over the place on PC, so I ended up dropping to medium. It still looks great btw!

Thanks for the update. it is possible your CPU/RAM may be the reason for the inconsistent framerates.

By any chance, do you have a FFB wheel and have you tried it on PC?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
For a new page:

Alright boys and girls of ForzaGAF, I have the spreadsheet ready! I removed all the old info, so you are going to have to re-add yourself.

Quote this post to see the link and then add in your info!

added myself. I used to have an old gamertag that I set up for FH2 I think (FHGaf) then people could friend it to easily see other people and add them directly. could do something similar for FH3?

louiedog

Thanks for the update. it is possible your CPU/RAM may be the reason for the inconsistent framerates.

That wouldn't surprise me. I had framerate issues with Forza 6 Apex when I had 8 GB of RAM. I upgraded to 16 a couple of months ago and after that it was fine. It's also possible an update in between helped, but I had problems with massive framerate drops before and never after.

edit: missed a detail

ekim

By any chance, do you have a FFB wheel and have you tried it on PC?

I have an i7 4790k with a 1070 as well and the same problems. Doesn't matter what detail level. Random framerate drops for no apparent reason.

HeliosT10

That wouldn't surprise me. I had framerate issues with Forza 6 Apex when I had 8 GB of RAM. I upgraded a couple of months ago and after that it was fine. It's also possible an update in between helped, but I had problems with massive framerate drops before and never after.

Recommended RAM for Forza Horizon 3 is 12GB not 8GB, that's a likely cause for your issues.

paskowitz

I have an i7 4790k with a 1070 as well and the same problems. Doesn't matter what detail level. Random framerate drops for no apparent reason.

I have an i7 4790K, 16GB RAM and 980 Ti all overclocked. I would expect there to be some game updates. Also, there is an Nvidia driver out for FH3. Make sure you download that as well. I run Apex on ultra at 4K at 60-50FPS avg with some dips into the mid 40's.

@HeliosT10, any word on the FFB issues experienced on Fanatec/Logitech hardware by reviewers? Ars Technica's review mentions this.

Servbot24

Banned
I don't think so. Next year they will probably push Forza Motorsport 7 or something else similar. Can't have multiple Forza cannibalizing sales.

If MS gets Scorpio out by Spring that could potentially be enough time before F7. No idea if that's feasible though.

ekim

I have an i7 4790K, 16GB RAM and 980 Ti all overclocked. I would expect their to be some game updates. Also, there is an Nvidia driver out for FH3. Make sure you download that as well.

I did and restarted multiple times. Will try some troubleshooting tomorrow.

Iceman829

added myself. I used to have an old gamertag that I set up for FH2 I think (FHGaf) then people could friend it to easily see other people and add them directly. could do something similar for FH3?

With the additions of clubs everyone can join ForzaGAF and friend people, setup LFG sessions, etc. from there. It's still only on the preview build, but others can access clubs via the preview apps on win10, android and if ios has one(don't have in iphone/ipad).

Megasoum

Banned
I really hate myself for seriously considering refunding my deluxe pre-order to get the Ultimate... What's 30$ anyway? lol

I don't even want the car pass too cause I don't care about cars in racing games (ironically enough)... I just want the early release.

I asked the same but no one is answering. I think they dont want us to join the club. They're probably mustard race.

So infuriating :C

You should just be able to contact support and request a refund for your preorder. All preorders are 100% refundable with no negative bearing on your account. Once it's refunded use it to purchase the Deluxe. I cancelled a Recore preorder a couple of weeks ago because I got the physical copy instead and it was painless. Took a few hours for the money to get back on my card though. If you used Microsoft credit it'll be instant.

HeliosT10

Good idea. Its just is very odd. Seems like it is CPU bound because changing settings doesn't have any impact on the framedrops but my CPU should easily handle the game, no? (i7 4790k)

I have an i7 4790S and haven't had issues so doubt it's your CPU, which as you say is above the recommended specs.

vewn

Just got my Warthog code, last time I played Halo on Xbox was mid April 2015, thank you so much Playground.

Will be waiting for that EU price drop though.

Kumubou

The Forza games are probably the one series I really miss (out of the games that still get made, RIP PGR) when I switched from playing more on the X360 last generation to only having a PS4. Between the games now coming to PC and the reviews being sky-high, I'm really looking forward to it (...just not enough to throw down the extra $40 for the ultimate edition -- screw that.)

On that note, has anyone played on an i5-2500K? The recommended specs are fairly high for this game and the CPU is overclocked (currently at 4.2GHz), but I wonder if that would still lead to being CPU limited.

willbsn13

amazing OT stunwar!

Woke up and started playing again, so good. One little note about the auction house - there are price ranges for the cars to (I assume) avoid price fixing. Doesn't mean you can't get a bargain, got a Mclaren 570s for 43k just before!

With all these new community features, blueprint etc, this game is going to last a lot longer than FH2 did!

paskowitz

Force feedback wheel impression would be greatly appreciated from anyone with the hardware. This is the only thing holding me back.

Grassy

Alright boys and girls of ForzaGAF, I have the spreadsheet ready! I removed all the old info, so you are going to have to re-add yourself.

Quote this post to see the link and then add in your info!

Added myself, feel free to add me anyone. About to jump in!

RS4-

The Forza games are probably the one series I really miss (out of the games that still get made, RIP PGR) when I switched from playing more on the X360 last generation to only having a PS4. Between the games now coming to PC and the reviews being sky-high, I'm really looking forward to it (...just not enough to throw down the extra $40 for the ultimate edition -- screw that.)

On that note, has anyone played on an i5-2500K? The recommended specs are fairly high for this game and the CPU is overclocked (currently at 4.2GHz), but I wonder if that would still lead to being CPU limited.

I'll let you know later, I've got a 2600k lol

mrklaw

MrArseFace
With the additions of clubs everyone can join ForzaGAF and friend people, setup LFG sessions, etc. from there. It's still only on the preview build, but others can access clubs via the preview apps on win10, android and if ios has one(don't have in iphone/ipad).

preview apps? I used to be in the xbox one preview but I think I stopped doing that. but if there is a preview for PC/iOS I'd be interested in it.

Force feedback wheel impression would be greatly appreciated from anyone with the hardware. This is the only thing holding me back.

The demo had even less center-feel on-road than usual Forza FFB feel. I was honestly shocked. Some people on ForzaMotorsport.net were complaining about the someone from Turn 10 chimed in and said that some cars were not adjusted to the new UWP driver in the demo build and everyone was happy.

Was looking for reviews, that said something about the FFB and...

- John from ISRTV said, that he liked the FFB off-road and that it felt different on tarmac from other Forza titles, he didn't say anything negative really, but the way he said that it was different, didn't sound really positive either.
- AR12Gaming's review:
"You can also use your wheel to play Forza Horizon 3 on both Xbox One and PC, with the full version of the game addressing issues reported from the demo."
- but then Arstechnica's review was saying:
"But wheel users stepping straight into Horizon 3 from Motorsport 6—or even Horizon 2—will feel oddly cut off from their prior play experience. Much of the feeling of weight has gone from the cars, to the extent that we actually had to fire up the old game to make sure nothing was misbehaving with our wheel settings. We're not entirely sure what's been changed, but even with force feedback and vibration set to maximum, something feels missing. With an hour or two under one's belt, this became less of an issue as we got accustomed to the game's level of feedback—we could still post good times and get a comfortable handle on things like arcade-ish drifting—but we felt that the weight-shift issue was still worth pointing out."

so... I don't really know what to believe, but I've ordered the Standard Edition, fingers crossed it will be better than the demo or I might have to consider playing it with a controller.

Would like to know this too and if there's settings for it in the options menu. Planning to buy a fanatec wheel.

Here you go (source):

Logitech G27 Racing Wheel
Logitech G25 Racing Wheel
Logitech G29 Racing Wheel
Logitech MOMO Force Feedback Racing Wheel
Thrustmaster T300RS
Thrustmaster T500 RS Gaming Wheel
Logitech G920 Xbox One Wheel
Thrustmaster T150
Thrustmaster TX Xbox One Wheel
Thrustmaster TMX Xbox One Wheel
Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Racing Wheel

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Loved the demo. I really want to buy the Ultimate digitally but $139.95AU is just too much to justify when I've just bought ReCore and pre-ordered the Gears S console.

I'll wait for the end of year sale and grab it a bit cheaper then.

Top Bottom