• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 |OT2| It's Just A Change, Not An End

I am sad and feeling nostalgic for Twin Peaks already 😭. I cannot imagine what I am going to be feeling after the finale. We waited so long for this and this may be the end. What a ride it has been.

LProtag

There's not much more for me to say beyond the fact that I love this show.

This last episode made me smile so much.

I'm kind of expecting it to go in a very weird direction knowing Lynch, but we shall see.

Oh, no doubt.

I more meant, Cooper is back and is about to go and take care of business. It seemed like many thought that is how the series would start, not be the last two episodes.

I am not complaining about this in any way. Season 3 is damn near perfect to me.

The Mitchum brothers looking so happy when Cooper tells them they have hearts of gold made me happy.

R3Ph8bR.gif

"You're a fine man, Bushnell Mullins. I will not soon forget your kindness and decency."

This is why Kyle Kyle Maclachlan deserves all the awards. He plays every character so distinctly just from the way he moves, his mannerisms and using only his eyes.

e: Rewatched that part again for the 10th time and man, it's perfection. Just the Mitchum Brothers excitement about what Dougie is up to next as the theme plays at the exact right moment. Ugh, absolutely floored everytime.

Ha ha, yep. In an era of television where every character has to be a cynical antihero 100% of the time it's so refreshing to see guys like Cooper and The Mitchums who can be enthusiastic and positive about things.

Edit: That's kind of what the Vegas storyline is about- in the beginning everyone's an asshole. Bushnell's sick of Dougie, Anthony Sinclair's a jerk, The Mitchums are kicking the shit out of a subordinate, etc. Eventually Dougie's spirit rubs off on them and they all become kinder, happier people.

Linkin112

"Oh.

Goodbye, my son."

"I am the FBI."

And that one. Some amazing quotes in 16 for sure. I'm especially gonna miss Doppel Coop's weird comedic thing he's got going for him, it's pretty great.
My favorite part of the "Oh." was the tongue click he does before it, DoppelCooper gives no shits

Considering the arc of the season and thinking about its original placement, "Shadow" by Chromatics is so incredibly moving. When it hits the part where Starring Kyle MacLachlan comes up it just completely wrecks me wtf is wrong with me.

Linkin112

For some reason, I really look forward to seeing what Cooper thinks of Bobby being a police officer now. Hope there's actual interaction there and he doesn't just gloss over him and focus on Truman, Hawk, and Andy

Tagyhag

Late to watching it but MAN what a fantastic episode. The buildup tested my patience, but it was oh so worth it.

For some reason, I really look forward to seeing what Cooper thinks of Bobby being a police officer now. Hope there's actual interaction there and he doesn't just gloss over him and focus on Truman, Hawk, and Andy

I'm worried what he'll think about Harry :[

Zoe

In episode 7, the scene with Beverly and Ben Horne with the hum,
are they refering to the fact that Josie is still trapped within the walls
? Because if so, that's really sad that that's still the case.
Whatever it is, the same hum drew Bushnell out of the hospital room.

Joqu

Isn't that the same hum Ben Horne heard in season 2? It really felt like a Josie connection there though, with Pete seeing her in the fireplace.

jon_i634

Banned
I'm still bummed about the lack of Mount Eerie in the show. It would've been a match made in heaven.

I already posted this song in another thread, but I think I'm going to edit together a video with it when the season is done:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B55C3LfFBMg

Mount Eerie would've been great! I still wish Beach House would've shown up, but there are so, so many bands that have that particular Lynch-esque sound that it's almost impossible to narrow it down to just 17 or 18 bands.

gun_haver

Isn't that the same hum Ben Horne heard in season 2? It really felt like a Josie connection there though, with Pete seeing her in the fireplace.

yeah it's the same sound. It's unclear what it is at this point - possibly Mike, possibly not. It might be that in Twin Peaks you hear those kinds of sounds all the time on an intermittent basis, because it's a special place, which I think I would like as an explanation, slightly more than no explanation at all.

I'm ready for the Battle Royale between Cooper, Sarah Palmer, Jacoby with his Golden Shovel, Bad Coop, Cockney One Punch Man and Polish Accountant.

Slaythe

I'm ready for the Battle Royale between Cooper, Sarah Palmer, Jacoby with his Golden Shovel, Bad Coop, Cockney One Punch Man and Polish Accountant.

Let's not forget the giant Laura seed.

You know perfectly well they didn't hire Sheryl Lee for a 10 seconds Cameo.

I expect Ray Wise too. I assume they just shot the Lodge scenes the same day.

One punch man vs Booper in an arm wrestling match to decide the fate of Twin Peaks

Coops side is heavily outmatched
Sarah Plummer X Booper X Mountain men are OP af

dude Hawk and Robert Forester could probably just sit Evil Dale down and tell him they're disappointed in him, if those dudes did that to me i'd have to change my fuckin' life

jorgeton

Yasss OT2.

Twin Peaks made this summer so much better. Had a great time following the ot, catching up on recaps and reading fan theories. Going to miss this crazy ride after it's over.

AoM

Got the Secret History for my birthday today.

Yeah, I can see how this thing might be tough to go through lol. Some great photographs in here, though.

DJMicLuv

The Mitchum brothers looking so happy when Cooper tells them they have hearts of gold made me happy.

I get the feeling that everyone Dougie came in contact with became a better person because of it. Dougie seemed supernaturally protected from any potential danger and also has come out of his coma surrounded by people who can help and protect him. I'm thinking 'hearts of gold' and the golden seeds are the product of Coop's 'pure' status.

Everyone is gushing about Belushi, but Robert Knepper has been just as good.

I think that's because no-one, least of all me, expected anything good from Belushi but he's been absolutely exceptional with his hangdog reactions and has been one of the biggest surprises of the casting for me. He plays the humour pitch perfect and I can't help but think that this role will give him a real boost in his career. He's been a joy to watch.

Joqu

Yasss OT2.

Twin Peaks made this summer so much better. Had a great time following the ot, catching up on recaps and reading fan theories. Going to miss this crazy ride after it's over.

Seriously, I'm not a summer person in the slightest but Twin Peaks has made the whole thing pretty great. I wish every summer could be like this. <3

Seriously, I'm not a summer person in the slightest but Twin Peaks has made the whole thing pretty great. I wish every summer could be like this. <3

You're all part of my summer posse. I want you all to go to the fest next year and we can ALL play Mario Kart at the Great Northern.

I get the feeling that everyone Dougie came in contact with became a better person because of it. Dougie seemed supernaturally protected from any potential danger and also has come out of his coma surrounded by people who can help and protect him. I'm thinking 'hearts of gold' and the golden seeds are the product of Coop's 'pure' status.

I completely agree, all the Vegas characters feel markedly different early on in the season from where they ended up.

Joqu

You're all part of my summer posse. I want you all to go to the fest next year and we can ALL play Mario Kart at the Great Northern.

Oh man. A trip like that from Belgium is going to be hard for me to justify anytime soon, but I'd love to. Someday, hopefully.

EdmondD

Trying to get people to watch this show. Why won't they listen? :( At least I have you guys. I will never forget your kindness and decency.

Joqu

D3Ny6XM.jpg

We totally haven't seen the sign yet, have we? That has gotta be happening when Cooper arrives in Twin Peaks. The bird better still be alive too!

And yeah! Happy birthday, AoM.

Trying to get people to watch this show. Why won't they listen? :( At least I have you guys. I will never forget your kindness and decency.

Find quotes from the showrunners of their favorite TV shows talking about it. This is usually pretty easy to do! Just understand first timers seem to need to get through the pilot and into episode 1 before they really start to get into it.

Oh man. A trip like that from Belgium is going to be hard for me to justify anytime soon, but I'd love to. Someday, hopefully.

People have come from further afield. And you'll be well looked after even if you travel alone. I know it's a big trip. I didn't make it until I was at least living in the same country (still a six hour flight away mind).

If I can convince at least one of you nerds to go to the fest I will be happy. Maligna won't count since he's already been.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
OT2, lets do this mothereffers!

Here's the OT1 wall of shame by the way.

shame0kp70.png

it's a top 20 so I'm included

Niiiiice, I'm in!

What is more likely in these final two episodes?

A) Chet Desmond disappearance explanation
or
B) Harry Truman appearance

Definitely A, but I have my doubts.

bunbun777

Today I learned Frank Silva didn't get the part because of the accidental reflection shot, but because Lynch was on his hands and knees directly under the fan outside Laura's bedroom and heard someone joke about Frank locking himself in the room while he was repositioning a set of drawers. He asked if Frank would be in the shot of the bed, and then later the accidental reflection occurred.

traveler

Not Wario
I'll probably go to the Fest since I live so close that I actually drive by these locations regularly. Was up at Snowqualmie Falls just yesterday.

In fact, I need to see if there's any kind of finale viewing party going on around here, given the proximity. Would love a theatre screening but some other gathering near one of the filming locales would be cool too.

I watched the entirety of twin peaks, all seasons and fwwm, for the first time within the span of the last thread. It went from being something I vaguely knew about due to its cult following to being one of my favorite shows ever in the span of a couple months. Going to be sad when this is all over.

Top Bottom