• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Watch a movie

Next_Friday_Poster.jpg

Do you really have Dawkins books in your car?
Why yes I do. Problem?

You guys would probably love my family. I'm like the only one without a Harley. Nothing like hanging with two Hell's Angels, a pastor, two teachers, a cop, and a student. Even better was how we started discussing film.

Also, I need to share this. My pastor-cousin was talking about how he and the main pastor (the old one that came with him) are taking a trip to Mexico to build homes for poor people. Well he said he was going to be putting on puppet shows. He called himself the minister of puppets. My other cousin looked him and said "what's the difference between that and being a regular minister?"

Also, thanks to everyone that said get well to my uncle. Doctor doesn't think he will make past a few days. He has blood in his lungs, staph, and his heart is failing.

Boogie

You guys would probably love my family. I'm like the only one without a Harley. Nothing like hanging with two Hell's Angels, a pastor, two teachers, a cop, and a student. Even better was how we started discussing film.

Most uncomfortable family gatherings. Ever.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Why yes I do. Problem?

Also, I need to share this. My pastor-cousin was talking about how he and the main pastor (the old one that came with him) are taking a trip to Mexico to build homes for poor people. Well he said he was going to be putting on puppet shows. He called himself the minister of puppets. My other cousin looked him and said "what's the difference between that and being a regular minister?"

Also, thanks to everyone that said get well to my uncle. Doctor doesn't think he will make past a few days. He has blood in his lungs, staph, and his heart is failing.

I guess at this point all they can do is make him comfortable. Shifting gears, seeings how you got a dawkins book i hear sam harris has a new one coming out soon.

Dysun

Conduit will just duck the rematch and wait for George so he can promptly get his pay day and drop the title at this point

You're like in the middle of Angels With Dirty Faces or something.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Why yes I do. Problem?

You need to post a pic of your family.

Yup so Front Row Brian is vindicated yet again, Uncle Dana said he was lying about Anderson not wanting to move the Sonnen fight to Vegas and all that and got all pissed, but now it's been confirmed.

http://www.fightersonlymag.com/cont...argument-with-anderson-to-move-sonnen-rematch

Anderson Silva didn't lash out publicly at Dana White when the UFC president declared he wanted to move the rematch with Chael Sonnen to Las Vegas, USA - but on the quiet he was very upset.

It took the UFC president 75 minutes to convince him to fight Chael Sonnen in Las Vegas instead of Rio de Janeiro and this was the reason for the press conference delay yesterday, reports Gustavo Noblat of OGlobo.com.

The talk was heated - initially Anderson refused to change the venue of what could be the rematch of the century. Two years ago, the Brazilian middleweight champion defeated Sonnen in an epic combat. The upcoming confrontation was set to occur at Stadium Engenhao in Rio, and would have been the biggest show of UFC history with 80 thousand tickets to be sold.

But the date coincided with international events in the city and White alleged Rio would not have the infrastructure to hold the fighting event. “There wouldn't have been enough hotel rooms,” he said.

The champion was frustrated and insisted on fighting in Brazil. Anderson told Dana that Sonnen had been disrespectful with him, his family and all the Brazilian. “He deserves to taught a lesson here, I owe this to my people", repeated Silva. But Dana was adamant. “If there is no way how to make the event in a stadium, it has to be in Las Vegas,” said the company president.

Dana explained that Las Vegas is a city that has structure to promote the UFC from one day to the next. The capital of betting and fights is there, remarked the boss. He reminded Silva of the appeal that the bout will have in the United States landing as it does in the week of the celebrations for Independence Day.

He spoke about the potential of the Pay-per-view sales it would generate and in the end, he guaranteed a good percentage of the pay-per-view share to Anderson. As with so many things in life, money talks louder than anything.

After a lot of discussion Anderson concluded by turning to White and asking “Okay, so tell me - what do you want from me?” White answered, “I want you go to Las Vegas and perform well, make it a great fight.” It was then the champion formally accepted the mission. “If it has to be like this, I will beat this guy wherever. He deserves a lesson.”

Heel

Andy will have plenty of time to calm down when he drops the strap to Sonnen in July.

He'll be sobbing in the salon while he gets a french manicure and his eyebrows plucked, friend.

Anderson should stop taking the holier than thou "I am a martial artist" road when only the promise of a bigger PPV cut has lured him in for his loss to Chael.

He's shitting on your martial arts way of life, insulting your wife, trainers and country. Where you at, player? You got no budo spirit.

TheNatural

My Member!
You mean the morning after the night he tap-dances on sonnen's corpse?

Maybe instead of the Sonnen riders putting all their hopes and dreams in their man laying on Silva for 25 minutes, and how Anderson supposedly has no TDD because of that one fight, they should look at how Sonnen has tapped like a bitch 8 times in his career.

I hear Sonnen is training with 70 year old ladies and trying to prevent the hair pulling submission. Sources say Betty White has already submitted Sonnen 10 times in training, most recently by hangnail lock.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
As an advocate for the PURITY of MMA, I'm actually rooting for Anderson Silver here. Chael is going to get murderstomped.

yacobod

Banned
Little Natch should go in as hard on GSP fans. He's every bit as "boring" as Chael Sonnen, and he doesn't have the mic skills that Sonnen brings to the table.

TheNatural

My Member!
I tell you what, I'll stop giving Sonnen flak if he stops another fighter at any point the rest of his career. He has 1 stoppage in his UFC/WEC career in 15 fights, so I'll give him some props if he can do it to someone else besides Stann. I don't care if after he loses to Silva he fights Kimbo and submits him by wrestle fucking his head up against the cage. I'll give him his props then.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Stealing lines from Superstar Billy Graham isn't what I call good mic work. Certainly has nothing on GSP's "riddum" promo.

TheNatural

My Member!
Little Natch should go in as hard on GSP fans. He's every bit as "boring" as Chael Sonnen, and he doesn't have the mic skills that Sonnen brings to the table.

I would agree, he's in a boring slump relying on his jab - and then he hasn't fought for a year on top of it. He's stopped 7 guys in his UFC career though and basically doing a by the numbers boxing exhibition that the top two stars in boxing do all the time and make tens of millions on.

I'm hopeful GSP can get back to stopping guys because at least he's still dominant standing up, just not taking chances. I have no hope for Sonnen. The entire goal of his fights are to wrestle someone onto the ground and stay busy with grappling and body shots so it can't be stood up and hope the clock hits zero before his weak submission defense gets exposed.

GSP and Chael are two different types of fighters. We've seen GSP try for subs, he's always trying to advance, and his striking is some of the best. Chael has nothing if he can't get you down.

Dysun

GSP cant even sub Dan Hardy with 5 rounds to work and no threat of danger on the ground.

Since he pummeled BJ the 2nd time they are practically identical

yacobod

Banned
GSP and Chael are two different types of fighters. We've seen GSP try for subs, he's always trying to advance, and his striking is some of the best. Chael has nothing if he can't get you down.

You can't criticize JBJ for not throwing combinations when GSP doesn't either. Even worse he wouldn't throw combos against a blind Kos or K1 striker Jake Shields.

"UFC vice president of regulatory affairs Marc Ratner will serve as chairman of the International Mixed Martial Arts Federation's newly-formed technical committee."

Haha nice

dream

That's a really big show. Tickets go on sale next week, and I believe they are the single most expensive tickets to a show in UFC history. They start at $125 and range all the way up to $1200. That should probably give you an idea of what Anderson Silva requested to take the fight in the United States instead of Brazil. Fight Club members can purchase May 2nd, newsletter readers May 3rd and general public May 4th.

That's a really big show. Tickets go on sale next week, and I believe they are the single most expensive tickets to a show in UFC history. They start at $125 and range all the way up to $1200. That should probably give you an idea of what Anderson Silva requested to take the fight in the United States instead of Brazil. Fight Club members can purchase May 2nd, newsletter readers May 3rd and general public May 4th.

Up to $1250 was what I heard.

Heel

UFC arranged epic security operation for Sonnen

"We had proper security with us. We had like seven guys with us," White said to Orange County Register. "These are guys that mapped out the whole route.

"We literally landed at the airport in Rio, a shuttle took us through customs, jumped on helicopters and the helicopters took us right to the hotel. I came through the front door. We put him (Sonnen) through a side door.

"We had him in a holding room. We went down to the press conference and he had a scrum. The reporters were getting really aggressive with him at the scrum. Somebody got him with a shock pen and all kinds of stuff like that.

"He went out the side door. I went out the front door. Helicopters took us back. We got on a plane and got him out of there. I wanted to make sure we got in and out and got him safe.

"I'm still getting texts, 'Did you and Sonnen get out of Brazil alive last night? I haven't heard from you. Give me an update.' I made him ride in a different car than me!"

Hmm, well that makes the $75 to get a crack at the pre-sale seem not too bad...I'll decide early next week.

Poly, when you sign up for Fight Club, is your membership given right away? Like could i sign up Tuesday and get into the Wednesday pre-sale?

dream

A scrum is like...I guess an informal Q&A with the press.

I like how that article has no proper byline because no sports journalist wants to take credit for buying Dana's BS.

Top Bottom