• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT2| You're thinking how much you want to **** this game aren't you?

NEO0MJ

Well, guess I was wrong about (route C spoilers)
Pascal. It seems his intentions really were pure.
I was kinda expecting the children to have gone crazy as well or killed by a sneaky enemy but instead they committed suicide. Sad. How different is it if you kill Pascal instead of deleting his memories?

So, I started Route B and O-M-G, this thing is amazing. The combat is even more fluid than in Route A! The use of
hacking
makes it a lot more tactical, since I try to
position enemies in a way that the explosion will hit the most of them
. Also, the Spear of the Usurper is a beast. And I'm loving the
golden enemies
that start appearing even in early areas.

The weird stuff is starting to happen, too. And that's great. Route A feels like a prologue now. I can't wait for the revelations to start pouring in... and to finish a few sidequests I left undone in Route A. I'm coming for you, Servo!

It offers great hindsight to a lot of things in route A. I like that
it shows that despite saying that machines are stupid a lot in route a 9S actually isn't so sure about that, maybe more so than what 2B showed.

LotusHD

Banned
Well, guess I was wrong about (route C spoilers)
Pascal. It seems his intentions really were pure.
I was kinda expecting the children to have gone crazy as well or killed by a sneaky enemy but instead they committed suicide. Sad. How different is it if you kill Pascal instead of deleting his memories?

I mean, he's dead. So... that's it, you would have killed him lol

Anyways, go check out the village sometime.

NEO0MJ

I mean, he's dead. So... that's it, you would have killed him lol

Anyways, go check out the village sometime.

Well that's just sad. Also, I noticed that the the kid who used to lock himself seems to have still been alive but they didn't allow me to access him.

Well that's just sad. Also, I noticed that the the kid who used to lock himself seems to have still been alive but they didn't allow me to access him.

Damn, I actually thought the same thing. I tried to save the kid, but I couldn't hack the lock, as I was playing with A2. I played as 9S after the village massacre, so I might have missed the chance of potentially saving the kid. RIP.

NEO0MJ

Thinking about it, it's funny how
the fate of the world depends on two pods managing one jaded and nihilistic android and another which is heart broken and growing steadily demented, using only their ability to provide obnoxious suggestions and withholding information.
The world is doomed.

Damn, I actually thought the same thing. I tried to save the kid, but I couldn't hack the lock, as I was playing with A2. I played as 9S after the village massacre, so I might have missed the chance of potentially saving the kid. RIP.

My headcanon is that he developed a lock so good that 9S couldn't even access it due to how secure it was. Not only that,
it also blocked all outside audio, so he doesn't even know that the village is gone.
He'll go on to live a happy life as a shut in.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Thinking about it, it's funny how
the fate of the world depends on two pods managing one jaded and nihilistic android and another which is heart broken and growing steadily demented, using only their ability to provide obnoxious suggestions and withholding information.
The world is doomed.

Hmm.

Have you finished the game? Just want to know what i should and shouldn't say. :p

Dmax3901

Oh man, this game just frustrated the hell out of me after a long spell of no issues, Route C spoilers.

Was doing the second resource collecting thingy (the one on the coast), got to the top, hacked the thing, memories of 2B got erased, started fighting the thing, then it locked me into an attack (like a fucking grab in ARMs I stg) and killed me in one hit. There go the last 30 mins of progress yeah sweet.

Just felt cheap and unfair, it didn't help that I wasn't enjoying
hacking the chests to proceed up the tower.

Alienfan

Could someone tell me how fair through the game's first route/playthrough I am?
just got done fighting the two giant robots that invaded the city

Also is if safe to avoid the side content, it all seems terrible so far?

Hektor

Could someone tell me how fair through the game I am?

20% of the entire game maybe. Still a looooong way to go.

You can avoid them but you rob yourself of a lot of well done world building.

LotusHD

Banned
Could someone tell me how fair through the game's first route/playthrough I am?

Nope, there's a ton of great ones that I heartily recommend:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=235924498&postcount=18814

This arm is my wife.

b0e.gif

NEO0MJ

Just beat the game!
Not sure if stupid or smart to have given up data. Buuut,
after those other pods came to help me it would feel wrong not to. Of course, it could have been a trick question but I don't mind, I don't think I'll touch the game again any time soon.

Guess it's time to visit the spoiler thread and read up.

Dmax3901

Oh man, this game just frustrated the hell out of me after a long spell of no issues, Route C spoilers.

Was doing the second resource collecting thingy (the one on the coast), got to the top, hacked the thing, memories of 2B got erased, started fighting the thing, then it locked me into an attack (like a fucking grab in ARMs I stg) and killed me in one hit. There go the last 30 mins of progress yeah sweet.

Just felt cheap and unfair, it didn't help that I wasn't enjoying
hacking the chests to proceed up the tower.

This comes off as just whinging, but I am legit stumped as to how to beat this particular boss, any help?

LotusHD

Banned
This comes off as just whinging, but I am legit stumped as to how to beat this particular boss, any help?

Err, you're literally the first I've ever heard to describe having trouble there.
I don't even think people really consider it as a boss fight either.

You're talking about that blob of black squares, right? If so, I'm confused.

If so, then I dunno about the whole dying in one hit thing, unless you're playing in Hard Mode or something.

Dmax3901

Err, you're literally the first I've ever heard to describe having trouble there.
I don't even think people really consider it as a boss fight either.

You're talking about that blob of black squares, right? If so, I'm confused.

If so, then I dunno about the whole dying in one hit thing, unless you're playing in Hard Mode or something.

I am yeah, and I'm playing on normal :/

Basically I was attacking it, then I got too close and it seemed to me that as soon as 9S 'touched' the enemy I lost control of him, the thing threw 9S into the air, hitting him two or three times then slamming him into the ground... dead. Now I'm gonna have to do all the hacking minigames again which is gonna be a drag, not the end of the world obviously but still a jarring moment. It's probably worth mentioning that this room was FULL of other players corpses (through the network features), like I'm talking 50 or so dead bodies so it's clearly not just me.

LotusHD

Banned
I am yeah, and I'm playing on normal :/

Basically I was attacking it, then I got too close and it seemed to me that as soon as 9S 'touched' the enemy I lost control of him, the thing through 9S into the air, hitting him two or three times then slamming him into the ground... dead. Now I'm gonna have to do all the hacking minigames again which is gonna be a drag, not the end of the world obviously but still a jarring moment. It's probably worth mentioning that this room was FULL of other players corpses (through the network features), like I'm talking 50 or so dead bodies so it's clearly not just me.

Hmm, that's odd. I'm sorry, it's been a minute, so I don't remember everything about that fight, much less recall it doing that much damage. Can you hack it or something?

Or maybe just put it on Easy and get through it real quick? Or just back up and shoot at it instead. And if it is always killing you in one hit, try increasing your defense/healing ability through chips and such.

Antiwhippy

Yeah that seems kinda weird. I don't remember having too much trouble with that fight.

Maybe fight at range to be safe? Pod + spear should be good.

pooptest

Sorry for my naivety, but I'm at the part where
Pascal's village is about to burn up
(Route C). When is it too late to get Ending Y?

Can I do it in Route D/E? Do I need to do any pre-reqs in C first? I have a couple outstanding quests I need to clean up in chapter select, including one where you get a weapon so I obviously can't do Y in Route C.

LotusHD

Banned
Sorry for my naivety, but I'm at the part where
Pascal's village is about to burn up
(Route C). When is it too late to get Ending Y?

Can I do it in Route D/E? Do I need to do any pre-reqs in C first? I have a couple outstanding quests I need to clean up in chapter select, including one you get a weapon so I obviously can't do Y in Route C.

Nothing is permanently missable,
but you may as well do it before you do Route D.

pooptest

Nothing is permanently missable,
but you may as well do it before you do Route D.

Gotcha, so I can move onto D without worrying about missing Y?
And since I'm missing a couple weapons from A/B, I'd be unable to initiate any sort of fight with Emil since I can't get all weapons to max since currently missing :(.
Until I get C finished to go back and complete said missing quests.

LotusHD

Banned
Gotcha, so I can move onto D without worrying about missing Y?
And since I'm missing a couple weapons from A/B, I'd be unable to initiate any sort of fight with Emil since I can't get all weapons to max since currently missing :(.

Correct. That said, it's pretty short, so you might want to do it now.

derFeef

I finally finished Route A yesterday and I am kinda satisfied with it. I know there is more but right now I don't have any real desire to explore more of it. Maybe I will start Route B when they finally put out that PC patch ;)

Great game, I enjoyed it overall but the combat, especially the boss fights were not that great. I kinda cheesed through the game with Auto-Heal and POD Missiles. There are some cool combos with cool weapons but you kinda don't need it.

Antiwhippy

That's valid. I'll just say maybe have a looksee at the start of route B to see if you want to continue through.

derFeef

That's valid. I'll just say maybe have a looksee at the start of route B to see if you want to continue through.
Yeah I will do that for sure. Like I said I am curious but not right now - I am okay with a short break and handle it like story DLC in a month or two.

Antiwhippy

That's a good way to handle it too. There are repeated parts in B to go along with the new stuff you'll see, so the repeats might burn some people out.

Joey Ravn

Banned
I personally wasted no time restarting with Route B once I finished Route A. I'm nearing the end now and I found it even more enjoyable the second time around, both in terms of gameplay and story.

Antiwhippy

Hey Antiwhippy, what did you want to say yesterday that you felt you should wait until I finish the game?

Oh, it's more about that statement about the world resting on the shoulders of the 2 pods. In the end though 9S and 2B's story was more about themselves than the world really. The androids will still live on with whatever remnants of the machines are left. If anything it would probably be "better" for the androids if they died so the lie about mankind was truly water-tight.

You could even argue even further that it was all pointless anyway seeing that it's just a bunch of machines living lives that the whole of route C tells us is entirely pointless.

In the end, it's more about the value you find in the character's life than the value the "world".

NEO0MJ

Why this looks so good? very cinematic imo.

It's Sunhi, he can make any game look fancy.

Oh, it's more about that statement about the world resting on the shoulders of the 2 pods. In the end though 9S and 2B's story was more about themselves than the world really. The androids will still live on with whatever remnants of the machines are left. If anything it would probably be "better" for the androids if they died so the lie about mankind was truly water-tight.

You could even argue even further that it was all pointless anyway seeing that it's just a bunch of machines living lives that the whole of route C tells us is entirely pointless.

In the end, it's more about the value you find in the character's life than the value the "world".

True, true. It was more of an exaggeration about how ridiculous it was that the two supposedly personality-less pods were the sanest and most compassionate things around at that point. I like how slowly they grew, from a few cute scenes like in route A when 042 was alone with 2B and said if she wants to talk he can do that before she rejected the offer or when he and 153 first started communicating with each other in route B.
And I think there is a chance that the machines will eventually truly evolve. Pascal,
Adam, and even Servo prove that.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Nearing the end of Route B (or, at least, where Route A ends... dunno if there's more to this one).

Woah. Got to level 60 something. Decided to try fighting the
golden bunny
again. Managed to kill it once, then a few times more. Every time got easier and easier. Got to level 80. Then I finally fought against
Emil
as
9S
. Kicked his ass!

I'm going to call it for tonight. I'll finish Route B tomorrow, since I don't have any more sidequests pending (and I already got the Trophy associated with them, so if I'm missing a miscellaneous one I don't care that much).

Dmax3901

ok so I just finished route C and have some questions.

I get that humanity is dead. But I didn't quite grasp what A2 was saying about being an e type?
And that 2b was just a cover to kill all the yorha? What does that mean exactly? Also, were the machines actually brought here by aliens? And what the hell are the little girls, are they some kind of evolved machine? I am so lost.

If the best answer is "just keep playing" then just say so, ha.

Antiwhippy

I get that humanity is dead. But I didn't quite grasp what A2 was saying about being an e type?
And that 2b was just a cover to kill all the yorha? What does that mean exactly? Also, were the machines actually brought here by aliens? And what the hell are the little girls, are they some kind of evolved machine? I am so lost.

Uh, you're kinda misunderstanding some parts, but just keep playing lol. You're nearly done. Like 30 mins or so.

NEO0MJ

Oh. Now I get the title of this OT.

I smiled after that line.

Just in case...
- 2B's true name is 2E, as in executioner. They're a secret class of androids developed to kill deserters, traitors, or androids who peek their nose where it doesn't belong. Because 9S was a highly advanced and curios reconnaissance and infiltration model command knew that the same traits that made him good at his job meant that eventually he'll discover Yorha's secrets and so assigned 2B to work with him in case he discovers the truth, which he did many times and so was killed by her and had his memory wiped each time. It's why the commander didn't mind just handing over the information about humanity's extinction, she knew he'd run with that information to the person he trusts most, 2B, and she'll take care of it.
-It seems the machines were developed by the aliens after the invasion of earth probably using
Emil
as a base.
-The little girls were the manifestation of the combined machine network after they evolved over the course of the war.

LotusHD

Banned

The spoiler thread got you after you're done with the game. You're nearly there!

Joey Ravn

Banned
Just completed Route B. Two things:

My main screen is now all Lunar Tears. Is that because of Emil's quest or because I completed two routes?

Holy. Shit. The Preview. Is Route C basically Chapter 2 in Metal Gear Solid V!?

LotusHD

Banned
Just completed Route B. Two things:

My main screen is now all Lunar Tears. Is that because of Emil's quest or because I completed two routes?

Emil's Quest I believe.

As for the preview thing... Heh, keep playing.

Golnei

Not at all. I don't think it's a spoiler to say it's
what everyone thought Chapter 2 was going to be, before the reality of the situation presented itself.

Top Bottom