• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How many things can you pay attention to simultaneously?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ri'Orius

It really depends on how much focus each thing takes. It's literally impossible to do any kind of multitasking without some loss of quality for each thing, but things that take less focus will obviously work better with multitasking

Yep, exactly this. I can watch a crime procedural while playing a JRPG, but if I want to watch The West Wing or play a particularly intense game I need to be focused on it exclusively.

Famassu

I'd say two efficiently, three with a bit more difficulty and with occasional gaps if I maybe have to focus on some more challenging task for awhile

oneils

Half of one. I suck at paying attention to anything. Especially at work. I'd rather be doing other things than working.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
One. I like to focus on what I'm doing at any given moment. The most I'll stretch this is playing an RPG while I listen to a podcast. I turn the sound down on the game, start the podcast, and grind in the RPG. Even in that instance, the RPG really is getting the barest amount of my attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom