• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Smith goes bungee jumping and transforms into Uncle Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dylan

I hate to tell you this, but...

The original Aunt Viv is a tenth level shithead.

tumblr_mj1m0kwIAS1qcwgrvo8_250.gif

Dylan

Also I just learned that Uncle Phil was the voice of Shredder in the 80's TMNT cartoon and now I'm seeing the world completely differently.

Crocodile

Man the entire cast look great for their age. RIP James Avery - he left too soon :(

How would a sequel show work tackling todays social problems?

I mean most of the aseops from the original show are STILL relevant today so I don't think this would be an issue for a hypothetical reboot.

Culex

Banned
The show stands up really well today and is incredibly fun to pick up and binge on if you haven't seen it in years. I'd say it was ahead of it's time.

NEO0MJ

It's uncanny.

some episodes on the old show dealt with police harassment and shit.

It was sad to see how Carlton was insisting everything was fine and that the system works and then Uncle Phil gave him the most disappointed look in the end. One of the more poignant episodes.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
The biggest celebrity death to me in my lifetime was Uncle Phil. I watched Fresh Prince almost every single day for most of my childhood, through highschool.

Rest in peace uncle Phil, for real.

McLovin

It would be great if Netflix did a new season of French Prince with Will taking the father figure role. I'd like to imagine him being all serious and once in a while the old him comes out:)

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
The biggest celebrity death to me in my lifetime was Uncle Phil. I watched Fresh Prince almost every single day for most of my childhood, through highschool.

Rest in peace uncle Phil, for real.

Didn't watch it that much but it was certainly an important part of my childhood. I will always think about that scene with Will and Phil where Will's father walks out. So powerful.

People get old, news at 11

Bitter juice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom