• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

lupinko

Is it just three costumes that are behind the treasure hunts? And can you use the unlocked costumes on a new game playthrough?

I haven't bought the game yet due to time and money, but the whole shutting down servers thing is forcing my hand.

Is it just three costumes that are behind the treasure hunts? And can you use the unlocked costumes on a new game playthrough?

I haven't bought the game yet due to time and money, but the whole shutting down servers thing is forcing my hand.
Not only costumes but a bunch of other aesthetic stuff like photo items and character animations.

Dusty Token unlocks are tied to PSN account, so they're supposed to persist across saves. I have no idea if that will work as intended after the central servers go down though.

Mephala

A lot of people seem to be most upset with the potential loss of ability to get the items but they could just patch in dusty token rewards for side missions or top scores in challenges.

I however really enjoyed the treasure hunts and the photo stuff was much better than expected. In a better world we would see online services expanded rather than stopped. More challenges, more activities, more props, more treasures etc. Maybe even something completely different like imagine doing challenges like mining missions vs mode or something. Or even co-op in the mining stages.

Roubjon

I re-installed the game last night. I never completed the Raven DLC, so I think I'll do that. I wish there was a new game + feature or something so I could go through the story with all my stuff too. Selecting Chapters from Kat's House isn't as satisfying as just playing the game again.

lupinko

Okay, I finally bought the game new, and it was on sale and it's still the supposed LE. Kinda sad (but good for me!) that the LE is still available.

https://twitter.com/lupinko/status/916985081222197248

Are the online goodies still possible for me? How bad is the grind? I still want to buy the first game (I do have it on my Japanese PSN via Japanese Plus but I'd have to renew, but GR is a game I'd prefer Physical because <3 Kat).

Saw its cheap on uk store. How is this whats gameplay similar too
Well, it's a pretty unique game (there's a demo you can try to get a feel for it). I guess it's vaguely similar to something like Infamous, where you are a superhero of sorts in an open town, with main missions, side missions and other activities (mostly trials). But I think the demo is really the best way to understand how it is; the traversal and world is the best part of the game and I believe the demo shows it well enough.

Saw its cheap on uk store. How is this whats gameplay similar too

I'd say you should play through Gravity Rush Remastered (the first game) before going into this one. It's a relatively short game (especially compared to Gravity Rush 2) and still fantastic. You should be able to finish it in time to start Gravity Rush 2 before the online features go away.

I didnt even realise it had a demo. Thats great n helps thanks

Oh, it should be noted the demo is an E3 playable demo that was half a year to a year out from the final product, and has slightly worse frame rates than the released game. The controls are still representative of the final game, though for demo purposes you get a bunch of upgrades that are relatively late game.

Top Bottom