• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Community |OT| Pudding Pls (*´`) () (^o^)

Sir TapTap

I know literally nothing about this series. My options are PC, PSVita, and PSTV.

Where should I start???

Are these all US releases?

Everything will be released in the west. Vita is the most inclusive of those options, it has rebirth 1, 2, 3 (unreleased), Neptunia U (unreleased), Neptunia PP. PS TV lacks support for PP and Rebirth 1, which is pretty damn annoying, but otherwise I prefer to play on PS TV. PC Port is alright post fixes, but it's only rebirth 1 for now, with 2 coming, others not announced but possible. PC versions are mostly just a visual upgrade, but they do run at 60 FPS without issue, 3D stuff looks better but the 2D segments are still low res.

PS3 games are 1, Mk2 and Victory, but the Vita Rebirth versions basically replace these.

Victory 2 is coming to PS4, unknown if it'll get a Vita/PC version.

I recommend starting with Rebirth 1 or 2. I only hesitate to suggest 1 because of awkward early difficulty spikes no other game in the series has, some people get turned off by it. The stories are basically unrelated but the characters are generally the same. Humor and characters are the draw more than the story anyway.

Get Rebirth 1 on pc because its cheap and 60fps

It's not cheaper anymore

Corgi

Banned
ah its back to $30... I guess wait for a sale on either vita or pc. Vita one been on sale before. PC will probably drop during seasonal steam sales.

Any big issues with the pc version atm? Think all videos and stuff load properly the last time I played it 2 days ago.

Pretty much everything involving
Peashy
and
Rei
in the anime are late game spoilers for Victory/Rebirth 3. The
Peashy
stuff is obvious even in the game, but the
Rei
stuff is kind of a twist when it comes up towards the end of the game.
The mini artbook that came with the LE spoiled me on what I assume was the big
Rei twist about her being a CPU or something
. I still haven’t played Victory yet, so I’m hoping there was more to it than that.

Sir TapTap

Anyone know if there's a save editor/unlock all the things mod for Rebirth 1 on PC yet? I already platinumed it on Vita, so all I really want is all the characters and outfits to start with. I need Histy, Noire, and CC2 with swimsuit stat. I basically bought it hoping that would happen and general shits and giggles since it was $15.

Corgi

Banned

shandy706

Everything will be released in the west. Vita is the most inclusive of those options, it has rebirth 1, 2, 3 (unreleased), Neptunia U (unreleased), Neptunia PP. PS TV lacks support for PP and Rebirth 1, which is pretty damn annoying, but otherwise I prefer to play on PS TV. PC Port is alright post fixes, but it's only rebirth 1 for now, with 2 coming, others not announced but possible. PC versions are mostly just a visual upgrade, but they do run at 60 FPS without issue, 3D stuff looks better but the 2D segments are still low res.

PS3 games are 1, Mk2 and Victory, but the Vita Rebirth versions basically replace these.

Victory 2 is coming to PS4, unknown if it'll get a Vita/PC version.

I recommend starting with Rebirth 1 or 2. I only hesitate to suggest 1 because of awkward early difficulty spikes no other game in the series has, some people get turned off by it. The stories are basically unrelated but the characters are generally the same. Humor and characters are the draw more than the story anyway.

Thanks for the write-up. I'll add it to my list on Steam and keep an eye on the Vita builds.

Sir TapTap

I forget, we heard anything about Victory 2's localization yet? I was surprised how soon *w* quintet is being localized, hoping maybe they'll pull a quick turnaround for that too.

hm, hoping this is a level 1/start of game file. I'd be interested if someone made some sort of dynamic difficulty or proper max level fights or something. I like having all the characters but if there's no reason to use them in combat it's less interesting. I'll give it a spin to see the specifics
if I remember

jonno394

Slightly OT but i'm ever so slightly concerned that the idea factory international website has been down for several days and that their social media hasn't been updated in that period either :/

Sir TapTap

Slightly OT but i'm ever so slightly concerned that the idea factory international website has been down for several days and that their social media hasn't been updated in that period either :/

Was last in contact with their PR people 4 days ago and their store managed to sell the Noire figure without issue. I'm sure they're fine, they just seem to be a small shop and probably fucked up something on the website. Websites be complicated if you self host (well, and if you don't)

jonno394

Was last in contact with their PR people 4 days ago and their store managed to sell the Noire figure without issue. I'm sure they're fine, they just seem to be a small shop and probably fucked up something on the website. Websites be complicated if you self host (well, and if you don't)

I'm more waiting on the Omega Quintet LE details seeing as it's due in a month. I just had the "oh shit have they suddenly gone under" feeling this morning lol.

edit - seems like my Tweet a few minutes ago prompted a response!

https://twitter.com/IdeaFactoryIntl/status/580436499998572545

Hurrah, Nep finally has a community thread. Nepgear best girl etc. etc.

CA3cijxWoAAdOWu.jpg

jesus. Vert has an imouto. Blanc has boobs. VII is shaping out to be a #gamechanger.
Well I guess poor IF, Peashy and Nepgear are going to be dropped like a rock by Vert now she has sisters.

Sir TapTap

I'm more waiting on the Omega Quintet LE details seeing as it's due in a month. I just had the "oh shit have they suddenly gone under" feeling this morning lol.

edit - seems like my Tweet a few minutes ago prompted a response!

https://twitter.com/IdeaFactoryIntl/status/580436499998572545

Heh. Oh yeah, I was wondering about that *w* limited edition. I'll have to see what it/the game is, might be the first IFI LE I pass on since I don't know much about the game yet. (bought the Fairy Fencer F LE for the artbook and amano's cover on the soundtrack CD, no ragrets)

jesus. Vert has an imouto. Blanc has boobs. VII is shaping out to be a #gamechanger.

Are those really sisters? I thought it was some time travel thing and those are all Vert. And if Blanc has boobs she loses them in HDD, guessing that pic is just some sort of alternate timeline thing as well. They can't just lose out on the flat jokes.

KDR_11k

Monster Monpiece should get a honorable mention because you can get Neptune (and probably others, I only got Neptune) as cards in that game. Oddly enough she has a unique character model on the battlefield when even a plot character only gets an anonymous default model.

Maid

Banned
English VA nepnep > JP VA nepnep fight me

There is always a fan of anything.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Monster Monpiece should get a honorable mention because you can get Neptune (and probably others, I only got Neptune) as cards in that game. Oddly enough she has a unique character model on the battlefield when even a plot character only gets an anonymous default model.

A reminder, we're not allowed to even talk about it here.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Neptunia Re:Birth 1 is way too different than the Original Neptunia, it is practically a new game.

I at least wanted them to recycle the awesome soundtrack from the PS3 game.

Vylash

Suggestions for OP:
  • Replace "Best girl" with "Best character"
  • Change the Victory and Re;birth 3 sections to give recognition to the true best character in those games: Copypaste
jmZCM7B.jpg

Suggestions for OP:

• Delete all non-5pb 'best girls' and replace with Blanc.
  • ???
  • Profit.
One of these days I'll actually get around to playing Victory.
this is a very tempting proposition, Blanc's gotten really good lately

So how is the anime anyways? Thinking of watching it at some point.
the anime is amazing, best video game adaptation along with kancolle

I know literally nothing about this series. My options are PC, PSVita, and PSTV.

Where should I start???

Are these all US releases?

a vita is all you need, grab everything there

English VA nepnep > JP VA nepnep fight me
truth

Sir TapTap

I always play in English for assorted reasons, really hope we get full english VA for Victory. Can't stand the NEPUUUUs (was even a bit annoyed by the "let's nep nep" stuff in the english PP release). English voices are great (except a couple mix ups like Cave in rebirth 2--she was better in Mk2). I especially dislike Noire's JP VA/like her English VA, couldn't play in Japanese due to that alone. Noire's JP VA doesn't even seem fitting.

Corgi

Banned
man is noire's english VA terrible... but perfectly fitting for that character :3

Also why the hell is her HDD form so OP in Noire compare to the other CPU's... they must be desperate to get people to use her.

Sir TapTap

Also why the hell is her HDD form so OP in Noire compare to the other CPU's... they must be desperate to get people to use her.

Main billing, the Planeptune girls are usually at least a bit OP in their games. Pretty sure Noire is one of the most popular characters BTW, seems second only to Neptune.

Main billing, the Planeptune girls are usually at least a bit OP in their games. Pretty sure Noire is one of the most popular characters BTW, seems second only to Neptune.
Noire's popularity is a self-perpetuating myth based on her negligible success in the first poll. Blanc crushed her underfoot in a far more significant and DEMOCRATIC recent poll.

I may sound biased, but I have nothing against Noire. Except for the fact that she sucks.

Vylash

Actually the MSRP for the Vita version is now $30 too which should be updated as well. But yeah Steam and PSN links for the games might be good if we're including MSRP and crap

i'll update later

Noire's popularity is a self-perpetuating myth based on her negligible success in the first poll. Blanc crushed her underfoot in a far more significant and DEMOCRATIC recent poll.

I may sound biased, but I have nothing against Noire. Except for the fact that she sucks.

i'm so glad to find someone who understands me, Noire getting rekt in that poll was beautiful

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone have a link of the full results of the poll? Bonus if anyone has the poll from the year before too, from when Noire was the victor? Would be interesting to compare, especially since I barely remember last year's poll results.

Sir TapTap

You CAN post in an OT about something other than who you hate, you all know that, right?

Wasn't that poll for who gets a new game? Neptune and Noire are obviously at a huge advantage at already having a game

Does anyone have a link of the full results of the poll? Bonus if anyone has the poll from the year before too, from when Noire was the victor? Would be interesting to compare, especially since I barely remember last year's poll results.
Vylash linked the recent one, the mk2 one that we don't talk about is here: http://www.compileheart.com/neptune_mk2/result.html

You CAN post in an OT about something other than who you hate, you all know that, right?
Hibari sucks.

Wasn't that poll for who gets a new game? Neptune and Noire are obviously at a huge advantage at already having a game
The winner being the lead heroine of a new game was an entirely coincidental outcome that does not in any way undermine the DEMOCRATIC legitimacy of the results.

HGH

Banned
Well it's kinda both. The second poll had something like, you could vote once a day, and you could vote for 2 months, so around 58 to 60 votes if each fan were dedicated enough. It's pretty tough to average out the right amount of voters though, since people who voted through mail letter/magazines had theirs count for 5 times the value.

Also, saw this comparison, thought it was interesting:

Funny how the little stuff can change a character so much.

Corgi

Banned
the lack of random tsunako art from the game posted here is a bit disappointing. Thread needs to thrive like senran kagura OT lol.

Bycic8_IAAAY8NL.jpg:large

don't think i've eaten pudding in like a decade :/

closest is like... jello

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Thread needs to thrive like senran kagura OT lol.

Don't worry, we still have at LEAST 2 more titles coming out this year.

Hopefully IF will bring out more goodies throughout the year too! Would be nice to see a bunch of stuff for sale on the shop.

I like this series more than I probably should at this point in my life. It's just too damn cute and the characters too damn fun. The hook of "only female casts ever" is interesting and has worked out far better than I would have ever thought possible after playing the first game.
I can't decide any more about if it's Noire that's just awful or if it's Uni that's awesome in comparison. Awesome-er? As the only CPU that actually does her paperwork instead of napping, gaming or writing filthy fanfics like the others do I simply cannot trust her. Nothing moe about bureaucracy, dammit!

Sir TapTap

I like this series more than I probably should at this point in my life. It's just too damn cute and the characters too damn fun. The hook of "only female casts ever" is interesting and has worked out far better than I would have ever thought possible after playing the first game.
I can't decide any more about if it's Noire that's just awful or if it's Uni that's awesome in comparison. Awesome-er? As the only CPU that actually does her paperwork instead of napping, gaming or writing filthy fanfics like the others do I simply cannot trust her. Nothing moe about bureaucracy, dammit!

No shame in liking the games. They're well written (humor and characters are writing too, not just "story"!), great art, extremely charismatic.

You realize that Uni helps her sister right? She's doing that eeeeviiiil work too.

More generally though, can we totally NOT make this a "my least favorite Neptunia character" thread? It's already pretty annoying in the Senran Kagura thread and there it's even directed at characters I don't even really like. One of my favorite things about Neptunia is I like basically everyone.

Sabas

Banned
Noire is great, screw you haters. :(

Speaking of which, I need to get back to playing Hyperdevotion and Re;Birth 1. Sigh.

Corgi

Banned
booted up rebirth 2... damn... how did I miss the upgraded outfits for the imoutos :(

I guess rom and rams didn't really stand out that different from the first iteration unless you compare directly while uni/gear got super skimpy :p

Although if they got skimpy... things would be problematic.

while rating girls is silly, I really do wish the teams would put more effort designing the makers and mascots gameplay wise. Some like Tekken just feel super throwaway gameplay wise :S

70 degrees here in GA. Feels good. sorry about north folks :3

BycyjHtIIAAro-W.jpg

Sir TapTap

This Neptunia manga (dunno the title...it's got Comic Orico written on it) is written with Furigana which is pretty cool...I can't read Hiragana either but if you can it might be helpful. It's pretty fun to just see the pictures though, you can piece most of it together easily since it largely follows the games and/or is pretty obvious.

lil histy!

while rating girls is silly, I really do wish the teams would put more effort designing the makers and mascots gameplay wise. Some like Tekken just feel super throwaway gameplay wise :S

Yeah, the Makers need more skills, or they should at least be OP like Cave/Falcom (Mk2). Most of the other makers have too few and too weak of attacks. Less gear too.

Sir TapTap

The best place to expect this would be Neptunia U I guess.

I meant in the main games...a game like Neptunia U they'd have to mess up pretty bad to not make the Makers at least viable.

a bit off topic but... was fairy fencer f any decent? Like Tiara's design.

I keep meaning to get back to that. It's largely a remix of Victory's battle system. You'll like the humor if you like Neptunia, though it's more general/anime humor, no gaming humor. Tiara's fantastic, though if you're a terrible person and don't like Noire I don't know why you'd like her. Aside from this lil guy:

Framerate's pretty bad on maps on PS3, probably won't be an issue in the PC release. Glad CH is done with PS3, they really couldn't use it quite right though I like the games themselves.

Top Bottom